Military plane crash

Well you could refute...try CNN :lmao:..BoPete
Refute manpower shortages? Tell us how manpower shortages (if that were actually true) would cause this crash. Share with us your infinite expertise on this subject.

I never said it caused the crash, dimbulb. I said Obungles decimated the military, link provided while you carry on with your usual nonsense. Now sit down

Refute manpower shortages? Tell us how manpower shortages (if that were actually true) would cause this crash. Share with us your infinite expertise on this subject.

I never said it caused the crash, dimbulb. I said Obungles decimated the military, link provided while you carry on with your usual nonsense. Now sit down
This is a thread about a crash and from the very first post, Former President Obama has been blamed for it.

But, of course, now that you realize that your link doesn't say what you hoped it said, you want us to believe you just stuck that link in as a random piece of information that has nothing to do with the thread topic.

:lol: :lol:

This is a thread about a crash and from the very first post, Former President Obama has been blamed for it.

But, of course, now that you realize that your link doesn't say what you hoped it said, you want us to believe you just stuck that link in as a random piece of information that has nothing to do with the thread topic.

:lol: :lol:
Add to this the politicization of 16 American patriot lives used us footstools to bitch about an ex-President.

Standing on the bodies of American heroes to press a political agenda never sits well with me.

The bottom line here is to recognize who holds the purse strings to the budget. Hint:
capitol-diagram.jpg

16 service members killed in military plane crash in Mississippi

With the way Obastard crippled the military, it's a miracle any military aircraft can still fly.

RIP!
1) Obama isn't the the President and hasn't been for almost 7 months.

2) Even if a President cut parts to aircraft, the aircraft are still maintained and scrutinized by patriotic service personnel. If the aircraft was unsafe to fly, it wouldn't have flown.

3) Since the wreckage was spread over several miles, it appears it broke up in flight. Either a major mechanical malfunction or, more likely, a mid-air collision.
Obastard gutted the military over an 8 year period. POS wouldn't even salute.
One doesn't salute as a civilian in civilian clothes. If you'd served, you'd know that.

A couple years ago, veterans in mufti were authorized by Congress to render the hand salute. Up until that time the right hand was placed over the heart. Either one is optional.

Seems the c-130's have been aging and needed upgrades.
From late 2015, I don't know if the budget went through on this or not-http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/nation/military/2015/10/09/guards-old-c-130s-could-get-new-life/73666208/

The NDAA contains about $75 million to begin installing modernizing satellite-based navigation systems and upgraded radios, and more extensive improvements, in the Air Guard’s 152 C-130H models and the 56 in the Air Force Reserve. None of these will be able to fly in U.S., European or Asian airspace beginning in 2020 unless those system upgrades are installed.

For years, the Air Guard has been frustrated by Air Force and congressional inaction on the modernization of the aging fleet, despite the aircraft’s continued demonstrations of tactical value, in combat and without. The C-130, powered by four turboprops, can land on and take off from short, unimproved landing strips with troops, cargo and more.

...For the Air Guard, the most important thing is to get the airframes compliant with the 2020 requirements, when digital air traffic control systems essentially become the worldwide standard, said Maj. Gen. Frank Vavala, the state National Guard's adjutant general. ..

And this is just a couple of weeks old-

http://www.scout.com/military/warrior/story/1728210-air-force-upgrades-war-tested-c-130

“The thing that causes the greatest risk to the airplane is the life of the wing. We monitor the wing of the aircraft and as the wings get past their service, life we bring the airplanes back in and bring in new structures -- with the primary focus being the center wingbox which is the area where the wings mount to the fuselage,”Col. Robert Toth, Chief of Tactical Aircraft, Special Operations and Combat Search and Rescue Division, told Scout Warrior in an interview several months ago.

As for when a C-130 is in need of a maintenance upgrade to preserve and maintain service life, the Air Force uses an assessment metric referred to as “equivalent baseline hours.” The wing-boxes are changed once the aircraft reaches a certain “severity factor” in its operational service time. This is necessary because the wear and tear or impact of missions upon and airplane can vary greatly depending upon a range of factors such as the altitude at which a plane is flying, Toth said.

“Low-level flight may be three to four times the severity factor of flying at a higher level,” he said.

Also, by January of 2020 the entire fleet of C-130s will need to comply with an FAA mandate and be equipped with systems that will relay aircraft position to a greater fidelity back and forth between the airplane and the air traffic management authorities, he added. This will allow them to sequence more aircraft closer together and enhance an ability to move commerce.

And it seems the plane that went down must have been an MC-130J, since it could be used to refuel-

Also, MC-130Js are specially modified airlifters engineered to transport Army Green Berets, Navy SEALs and Army Rangers

“They are essentially a C-130J further modified with defensive systems with radar countermeasures and infrared radar and advanced sensors for specialized missions. They also can perform in-flight refueling,” Toth explained.

you mean trump hasnt taken care of that yet?

and how the hell can you blame obama....o wait you just do
How can trump fix 8 years of obastard in 8 months with all the libs and media forever attacking his every move?
The Treasonous fat senile old bastard intends to fix nothing in this nation. He intends only to enrich his family, and do Putin's bidding.

Bull
Trump promises ‘great rebuilding of the Armed Forces’ while signing executive order at the Pentagon
you mean trump hasnt taken care of that yet?

and how the hell can you blame obama....o wait you just do
How can trump fix 8 years of obastard in 8 months with all the libs and media forever attacking his every move?
The Treasonous fat senile old bastard intends to fix nothing in this nation. He intends only to enrich his family, and do Putin's bidding.

Glad it was on the ground bodecea

Witnesses describe scene of military plane crash
Investigators told ABC’s Mississippi affiliate WLOX-TV that debris was found on both sides of the highway, which they said could indicate that the plane may have exploded mid-air.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud “crackling” noise at the time of the crash, which filled the air with thick clouds of black smoke and spread debris for miles.

Chris Nissen, who shot video of the aftermath, said there were lots of small explosions after the initial crash.

What we know.

It was a KC-130, part of the Marine Forces Reserve. It was not engaged in refueling at the time.

It took off from Cherry Point, NC, and was heading for California to take part in a training exercise. It was carrying passengers.

It suffered a catastrophic failure at 20,000 feet and spiraled down, not making any radio contact.
Prop? Always used to tell us that a catastrophic prop failure is a death sentence.
Could have thrown a turbine blade too...we had that happen on one of ours....thank god it happened on the ground in Hawaii....blew the whole leading edge off.

I don't understand all the reports of an extensive debris field when you could easily make out the outline of the aircraft as though it fell from flight straight down into the field. I identified it as a C-130 aircraft just from looking at the initial photos of the crash before anyone was saying what type of aircraft was involved. The eyewitness reports of it spinning to the ground don't mesh with the appearance of the crash site unless it was a flat spin.

I will await the investigation report, but I am very curious about this.

Bless all of those who lost their lives and the loved ones left behind to grieve.

With the way Obastard crippled the military, it's a miracle any military aircraft can still fly.

RIP!

2) Even if a President cut parts to aircraft, the aircraft are still maintained and scrutinized by patriotic service personnel. If the aircraft was unsafe to fly, it wouldn't have flown.

3) Since the wreckage was spread over several miles, it appears it broke up in flight. Either a major mechanical malfunction or, more likely, a mid-air collision.

You don't think someone would notice an aircraft missing somewhere?

RIP!

Obastard gutted the military over an 8 year period. POS wouldn't even salute.
One doesn't salute as a civilian in civilian clothes. If you'd served, you'd know that.

Wrong answer. I guess all of your claims of service were lies, or you just sucked at your job..

Military personnel in civilian clothing would salute as in uniform, but only when the junior person recognizes the other as entitled to the gesture of respect; The senior member would return the salute (and the respect.)

As an example, my daughter is an Army officer and returns the salutes of the gate guards at her post when they salute her while she is in civilian clothes.

May they rip.
And I don't know if you had read how bodies were all over. I read one was found even on the hwy. It is just so odd-

The KC-130 plane burst into flames on impact Monday afternoon, leaving a charred furrow in the otherwise idyllic, deep-green landscape of waving bean, corn and cotton plants along United States Highway 82, and scattered fiery debris and bodies across farmland and rural roads.

Among the first witnesses at the scene was David Habig, a crop-duster pilot who flew low over the wreckage. “Lo and behold, all I see are bodies out in the bean field,” he said. “They were everywhere. It was horrific. I’d never seen anything like it.”
At Crash Site of Marine Corps Plane, Bodies ‘Were Everywhere’

Glad it was on the ground bodecea

Witnesses describe scene of military plane crash
Investigators told ABC’s Mississippi affiliate WLOX-TV that debris was found on both sides of the highway, which they said could indicate that the plane may have exploded mid-air.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud “crackling” noise at the time of the crash, which filled the air with thick clouds of black smoke and spread debris for miles.

Chris Nissen, who shot video of the aftermath, said there were lots of small explosions after the initial crash.

What we know.

It was a KC-130, part of the Marine Forces Reserve. It was not engaged in refueling at the time.

It took off from Cherry Point, NC, and was heading for California to take part in a training exercise. It was carrying passengers.

It suffered a catastrophic failure at 20,000 feet and spiraled down, not making any radio contact.
Prop? Always used to tell us that a catastrophic prop failure is a death sentence.
Could have thrown a turbine blade too...we had that happen on one of ours....thank god it happened on the ground in Hawaii....blew the whole leading edge off.

I don't understand all the reports of an extensive debris field when you could easily make out the outline of the aircraft as though it fell from flight straight down into the field. I identified it as a C-130 aircraft just from looking at the initial photos of the crash before anyone was saying what type of aircraft was involved. The eyewitness reports of it spinning to the ground don't mesh with the appearance of the crash site unless it was a flat spin.

I will await the investigation report, but I am very curious about this.

Bless all of those who lost their lives and the loved ones left behind to grieve.

Forum List

Back