🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Millennials Have Little Use For The Gop

What's stupid about this is that the youth hardly shows up to vote historically... Historically the youth has always leaned Democrat when asked but it's as people get older they lean Republican, and actually show up to vote. Now there has been a trend leaving both parties, Dems are loosing more support than Republicans (faster pace).

So the point Jake is making is that after voting for Obama twice he now has to prove he is a "mainstream" Republican by constantly proving he is a progressive liberal... When people that outright claim Obama is a great if not the greatest President the US has ever had are the only people agreeing with you consistently on the boards, while everyone critical of Obama to any extent, and all the way to the far right Obama haters, thinks you're a far left liberal... You're prolly a far left liberal.

Jake, no one cares that you call yourself "mainstream." No one cares that anytime they disagree with you that you call them "extreme, reactionary far right nutters..." You sound stupid saying it. But don't let that stop you!

I am only liberal to Blues and TK becasue they are so far to the extremist right, if not beyond it. :lol:

The comment about Reagan was right on. He made the youth feel good about America and being American. Those of us serving in the military at the time appreciated that very much.
It astounds me that the gop would only have to abandon the financial interest of the 1% very slightly, and just stop treating people like shite on stuff like race, immigration and women having access to chemical abortion to reach the youth vote.

^^^^^^all lies and forms of barnyard animal excrement.

:lol:

The far remains is that the far right wing is far out of the mainstream.

Seems flakey thinks the mainstream lives at home with mommy

Big jump in number of millennials living with parents reported - LA Times
Exactly, the dems have failed to deliver on economics, but the gop is literally the party of their grandparents on race, sexuality, immigration.

Still, generally, once a generation identifies with one or the other party, it's difficult for the other party to capture them. And one irony is that Nixon didn't lose the youth vote to McGovern, nor did Carter really grab it. And Reagan owned it.
So those hippies from the 1960s were really staunch Nixon supporters because the old people of today are predominantly Republican and TEA Party supporters.

I just love that whenever Jake posts all it turns out to be is him telling everyone he is really the true Republican... after starting a thread about how the Republican party is shrinking. Then when you don't agree with his progressive views he tells you that you should leave the already shrinking Republican party because you are not "mainstream" enough.

Still, generally, once a generation identifies with one or the other party, it's difficult for the other party to capture them. And one irony is that Nixon didn't lose the youth vote to McGovern, nor did Carter really grab it. And Reagan owned it.
So those hippies from the 1960s were really staunch Nixon supporters because the old people of today are predominantly Republican and TEA Party supporters.
Many of them prolly are yes.

It astounds me that the gop would only have to abandon the financial interest of the 1% very slightly,

2888403677_7e6259e030.jpg

I am only liberal to Blues and TK becasue they are so far to the extremist right, if not beyond it. :lol:

The comment about Reagan was right on. He made the youth feel good about America and being American. Those of us serving in the military at the time appreciated that very much.
It astounds me that the gop would only have to abandon the financial interest of the 1% very slightly, and just stop treating people like shite on stuff like race, immigration and women having access to chemical abortion to reach the youth vote.

Exactly, the dems have failed to deliver on economics, but the gop is literally the party of their grandparents on race, sexuality, immigration.
And yet kids become parents and in turn grandparents, so I'm not seeing the problem.

On race, square fuddy-duddy Romney won the white youth vote. Now WHY do you think white youth voted differently than minority youth?

Nixon did win the youth vote in 72
Election Polls -- Vote by Groups 1968-1972 Gallup Historical Trends

I just love that whenever Jake posts all it turns out to be is him telling everyone he is really the true Republican... after starting a thread about how the Republican party is shrinking. Then when you don't agree with his progressive views he tells you that you should leave the already shrinking Republican party because you are not "mainstream" enough.

Avory, what you think means nothing. Either we change to meet millennial and centrist demand or the Dems are going to keep winning. We are offering what folks will not accept at the national level.

I have little use for the most fucked up generation in human history.

A generation that thinks men are women and women are men!!!
A generation that thinks you should fuck each other in the ass!!!
A generation that has moved this country backwards in monetary policy and tech!
A generation that will live shorter lives than their parents and grand parents because of their idiocy.
A generation that votes for less science, infrastructure and advancement for this country!

The founders would line these fucking brats up and beat them with a whip for an hour.

The next generation should be called generation retarded!

I'm a millennial and I agree.

From the LA Times.

About 23.6% of people age 25 to 34 live with their parents, grandparents or both, according to Pew. That’s up from 18.7% in 2007, just prior to the global financial crisis, and from 11% in 1980.

Yep, this is the generation to listen too

But don't forget it was the spoiled baby boom generation that started all this crap in earnest, starting in the 1960s.

A generation that will live shorter lives than their parents and grand parents because of their idiocy.
A generation that votes for less science, infrastructure and advancement for this country!

The founders would line these fucking brats up and beat them with a whip for an hour.

From the LA Times.

About 23.6% of people age 25 to 34 live with their parents, grandparents or both, according to Pew. That’s up from 18.7% in 2007, just prior to the global financial crisis, and from 11% in 1980.

But don't forget it was the spoiled baby boom generation that started all this crap in earnest, starting in the 1960s.

Lot of truth in that.

And yet kids become parents and in turn grandparents, so I'm not seeing the problem.

On race, square fuddy-duddy Romney won the white youth vote. Now WHY do you think white youth voted differently than minority youth?
The youth vote split pretty evenly with the overall vote with Mitt getting around 60% of whites. I'm not sure I see a positive for the gop here.

From the LA Times.

Lot of truth in that.

I know. That's why I wrote it. :biggrin:

Nixon did win the youth vote in 72
Election Polls -- Vote by Groups 1968-1972 Gallup Historical Trends
Thanks. I had a brainfart, I thought we were talking about '68, the decade of the 60s. Weren't hippies on the way out by the 70s?

My recollection for the '68 election was accurate though:

Youth
Humphrey = 47%
Nixon = 38%

Secondly, even with McGovern we see:

General population = 38%
Youth = 48%

Two problems arise. Your position of voter lock-in shouldn't see the youth of '68 voting for Nixon in '72 and yet they did. Also, in '72 the general:youth vote was 38%:48% compared to the '68 split of 43%:47%, so that '72 electorate was more liberal than the '68 electorate likely because of the influx of 18 year olds. Those 18 year olds in '72 are 60 years old today - prime TEA Party demographic. Look at it another way - the youngest cohort within the youth demographic, the 18 years olds, were quite likely more liberal than the older cohort within that demographic, see the '68 split between general and youth voting.

The youth vote split pretty evenly with the overall vote with Mitt getting around 60% of whites. I'm not sure I see a positive for the gop here.

The positive is that demographic trends are bidirectional. As Democrats become ever more the Party of Color their policies will become even more repulisve to whites because the way that Democrats appeal to minorities is to extract wealth and opportunity from whites and distribute the spoils to minorities.

You'd have to be pretty silly to believe that Democrats lock-in gains and can only ADD to their demographic base.

Here is a question which gets to the heart of the issue - Media constructed a "War on Women" narrative for their masters, so how did Romney bust through that narrative and convince the majority of white women to vote for him? Why were white women so stupid that they didn't get, or buy into, the media narrative? What made them different from minority women who did get the message?

Hold the phone, Rikurzhen, it's actually worse.

Mitt only won 51% of the young white vote. That's actually less then Mitt got with white women. Smokin.

The Elephant in the Exit Poll Results Most White Women Supported Romney David C. Wilson

Same question - Media constructed a "Obama has a lock on the youth vote" narrative for their masters, so how did Romney bust through that narrative and convince the majority of white youth to vote for him? Why were white youth so stupid that they didn't get, or buy into, the media narrative? What made them different from minority youth who did get the message?

Secondly, as white youth mature they become white adults and thus more conservative. Notice the huge Millennial upswing in becoming evangelical - how's that for a transformation:

Millennials parents are also expressing more fundamental conservative values. Once millennials become parents those that identify themselves as “conservative evangelical Christians” jumps from 9.6% among non-parents to 32.9% among parents, reports FutureCast.​

Providing of course that basic laws of behavior among consenting adults are adhered to by all.

With all due respect, WHAT LAWS? These crazies in power now stomp all over the Constitution. They pick and choose laws. And people wonder why we're so pissed.

Well that would be the basic Civil Laws that most of us do agree on. The ones that must trump any and all religious law when ever there is conflict between the two.

I realize that it's a Libertarian working theory at present :dunno:

Baby steps to the stars, kids. :thup:

Most of them obviously identify the GOP with the far right's racism, sexism, homophobia, and religious perversions, based on the image below.

They all can vote for the first time in 2016, the year that may be historic if HRC runs and wins.

View attachment 32484

We have little use for them till they grow up.

:gives:

LOL, there's a batch of hilarious posts in this thread. Laughter is good for your health....I'll have to go back and re read them over and over. LOL. Especially this one.

Providing of course that basic laws of behavior among consenting adults are adhered to by all.

With all due respect, WHAT LAWS? These crazies in power now stomp all over the Constitution. They pick and choose laws. And people wonder why we're so pissed.

Well that would be the basic Civil Laws that most of us do agree on. The ones that must trump any and all religious law when ever there is conflict between the two.

I realize that it's a Libertarian working theory at present :dunno:

Baby steps to the stars, kids. :thup:

Nice punt, Monsieur Avg Joe. :)

Those Civil Laws most of us used to agree on are exactly what is now under fire. Have you ever noticed how many people say the Constitution is outdated and irrelevant because a few fat white men drafted it?

It's not just whacko outliers.

In fact I haven't seen a poll but probably a good number of these very millenials of which we speak.

It's not position. The fact is the longer a voter identifies with a party, the less likely he changes. What occurred in 68, 72 and 76 was the dems didn't get the youth vote to any degree. People who are now in their late 50s and older identify with the gop. The Vietnam era was important because the dems began losing the older working class vote.

As for the importance now, we've had two elections where the dems dominated the youth vote ..... and Kerry won it as well. Even in the last election, the gop barely holds the youth vote when you look only at whites. That's not a good longterm trend, esp when the econ was horrible. Incumbants aren't supposed to win..

The question is why is the GOP failing to attract the younger voters. In 12, Obama did better with the 30-44 year old group than he did overall as well.

It can't be economics. the Economy was horrible in 12. The kids looking for jobs didn't vote Obama on that. It's race (including mixed race households), sex (including abortion and access to chemical abortion and gays) and immigration.

Forum List

Back