Minimal Wage. Raises. Inflation. Cost of living.

some minimum wage jobs only give you 15-25 cent raise after your first year. I don't know how its like where you are but around my way that's how it is

And when they increase their value to an employer, I'm certain they will earn much more. In three years, all they're capable of doing is putting on the same five lug nuts, it's going to be a long life for them!

Unless they're on a pit crew for NASCAR.

lol You need a link to understand common sense? I need to post a link to prove my point, when its just common sense? So in order for someone to have a valid point they need to post a link? Wow you know nothing about the economy. I know how everything works I'm simply just saying that pay rates should accommodate the raise in inflation and cost of living. Either you are a child with no sense of the real world, or you are an adult that still lives with mommy and daddy and they take care of you and support you and you never worked a day in your life.

How is that lies? That is my opinion. lol please say out of my threads.

Given your grammar, spelling, and punctuation it is easy to see why you need to get paid more than you're worth.

Rules-S.jpg

none, if every job paid a living wage.
When I got my first job, I was 17, lived at home, and had no expenses. Minimum wage was more than a living wage for me. “Living Wage” just cannot be generalized: it’s almost completely individual.
You know how we differentiate different foods to be qualified for food stamps purchases and not food stamp purchases. Maybe we should do the same for child labor jobs vs adult labor jobs.

When I got my first job, I was 17, lived at home, and had no expenses. Minimum wage was more than a living wage for me. “Living Wage” just cannot be generalized: it’s almost completely individual.
You know how we differentiate different foods to be qualified for food stamps purchases and not food stamp purchases. Maybe we should do the same for child labor jobs vs adult labor jobs.
And then there are the married people whose spouses make enough to support them but want a part time job for extra income; retirees who want to stay active, etc. And most min wage earners are part timers, so a living wage would have to be quite large

And then there are the married people whose spouses make enough to support them but want a part time job for extra income; retirees who want to stay active, etc. And most min wage earners are part timers, so a living wage would have to be quite large
Make them sign a disclaimer stating that this wage was not meant to be a living wage. We don't care if you can pay your rent or not. That'll bring employee loyalty.

Do you mean pay them less than minimum wage?

Social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour, anyway. It is reasonable to work for fifteen dollars an hour.
That's pretty good money. you can live pretty good on that

I don't know where. Unless you have a very low standard of living.
You saying 15 an hour isn't pretty decent money? And you think minimum is fair, and should kept same pace as inflation? So you think its perfectly fine with minimum wage staying at 7.25, when you think 15 an hour isn't decent money?
15 an hour is a whole hell of a lot better then 7.25. I made 15 an hour for the first time when I was 22. The job I had previous to that job, I was making 10.50 an hour, and when I started to make 15 an hour there was a nice difference in the money I was saving and extra money to use for fun.

Social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour, anyway. It is reasonable to work for fifteen dollars an hour.

You saying 15 an hour isn't pretty decent money? And you think minimum is fair, and should kept same pace as inflation? So you think its perfectly fine with minimum wage staying at 7.25, when you think 15 an hour isn't decent money?
15 an hour is a whole hell of a lot better then 7.25. I made 15 an hour for the first time when I was 22. The job I had previous to that job, I was making 10.50 an hour, and when I started to make 15 an hour there was a nice difference in the money I was saving and extra money to use for fun.
I make 10. Been making 10 an hour since 1992. Jobs keep getting replaced via automation leaving me unemployed forcing me to take a new job requiring new skill set at the bottom again. Can't afford a car, but the bills are getting paid. If I made 15 an hour I could afford a car.

I make 10. Been making 10 an hour since 1992. Jobs keep getting replaced via automation leaving me unemployed forcing me to take a new job requiring new skill set at the bottom again. Can't afford a car, but the bills are getting paid. If I made 15 an hour I could afford a car.
Now think about those who only make 7.25 an hour

My 20 year old nephew makes $13.50 an hour working for Wal-mart. I'd be tempted to change jobs but I'm physically incapable of standing for long periods of time. Did turn down a $13.00 an hour because it was two towns over, about 15 miles away. 5 people and two cars to divide up among them doesn't leave me with a lot of options.

Technically I bought a car. My sister drives both her sons to work with it. My mother drives me to work with hers.

My 20 year old nephew makes $13.50 an hour working for Wal-mart. I'd be tempted to change jobs but I'm physically incapable of standing for long periods of time. Did turn down a $13.00 an hour because it was two towns over, about 15 miles away. 5 people and two cars to divide up among them doesn't leave me with a lot of options.

Technically I bought a car. My sister drives both her sons to work with it. My mother drives me to work with hers.
So you see what I'm trying to say?

So you see what I'm trying to say?

i-v4Sw9wp-S.jpg

See, here's the thing: who's fault is it that you don't have a lot of options? Mine? Everybody else? The gov't? An employer? Or maybe yours?

So you can't stand for long periods of time, sorry to hear that. Not being an ahole either, a lotta people have physical or mental issues through no fault of their own. But it's on you to do something about it, to find a job where you don't have to stand, whatever that is. It's not on the rest of us to take care of you, that's your responsibility.

And it's not the responsibility of any employer to pay you what you need. The Left doesn't seem to grasp that concept, so many of them want a society that is free or close to free of personal responsibility. Not many places on Earth like that. M-wage is supposed to be a starting wage rather than a lifetime wage; in a year or two you're supposed to be working your way up the income ladder by then.

See, here's the thing: who's fault is it that you don't have a lot of options? Mine? Everybody else? The gov't? An employer? Or maybe yours?

So you can't stand for long periods of time, sorry to hear that. Not being an ahole either, a lotta people have physical or mental issues through no fault of their own. But it's on you to do something about it, to find a job where you don't have to stand, whatever that is. It's not on the rest of us to take care of you, that's your responsibility.

And it's not the responsibility of any employer to pay you what you need. The Left doesn't seem to grasp that concept, so many of them want a society that is free or close to free of personal responsibility. Not many places on Earth like that. M-wage is supposed to be a starting wage rather than a lifetime wage; in a year or two you're supposed to be working your way up the income ladder by then.
When we automate everything what is your plan for the unemployed people? To ignore them until their dead bodies need to be scraped up and then use the garbage men to dispose of them for you? What is your solution when most people when forced to choose between starving to death and bank robber will chose bank robbery. Thus filling up your prisons and getting free room and board there?

When we automate everything what is your plan for the unemployed people? To ignore them until their dead bodies need to be scraped up and then use the garbage men to dispose of them for you? What is your solution when most people when forced to choose between starving to death and bank robber will chose bank robbery. Thus filling up your prisons and getting free room and board there?

We are at a point where people have to think way in advance.

I used to drive a delivery van. Spent ten years delivering, setting up and instructing people on home medical equipment. I loved the job, but also realized that I wouldn't be this strong young man my entire life, and carrying heavy electric hospital beds up three flights of stairs or oxygen tanks would not be feasible as I aged.

So I got my CDL class B license to drive a straight truck. My then brother-in-law got me a job with his company. I was not satisfied with the job so went to anther after a year. I became unhappy with that job as well, but couldn't find another, so I took my test for a Class A license which is tractor-trailer. I continued to get experience with tractor-trailers at the job I hated, and in a few months, found the job I'm at now, and I've been here for about 24 years.

During that time, I bought the property I was renting at for several years. So now I actually have two jobs.

Thinking ahead, there was no future in driving a van. You can teach a monkey how to do that; anybody can drive a van, so I learned how to drive equipment that less people had the ability to drive. I also realized I didn't want to be at the mercy of a landlord for my budget, so I became the landlord.

Don't get me wrong, I made a lot of mistakes in my life like anybody else, but I only blame myself for those mistakes and how they stopped me from getting further ahead in life.

We are at a point where people have to think way in advance.

I used to drive a delivery van. Spent ten years delivering, setting up and instructing people on home medical equipment. I loved the job, but also realized that I wouldn't be this strong young man my entire life, and carrying heavy electric hospital beds up three flights of stairs or oxygen tanks would not be feasible as I aged.

So I got my CDL class B license to drive a straight truck. My then brother-in-law got me a job with his company. I was not satisfied with the job so went to anther after a year. I became unhappy with that job as well, but couldn't find another, so I took my test for a Class A license which is tractor-trailer. I continued to get experience with tractor-trailers at the job I hated, and in a few months, found the job I'm at now, and I've been here for about 24 years.

During that time, I bought the property I was renting at for several years. So now I actually have two jobs.

Thinking ahead, there was no future in driving a van. You can teach a monkey how to do that; anybody can drive a van, so I learned how to drive equipment that less people had the ability to drive. I also realized I didn't want to be at the mercy of a landlord for my budget, so I became the landlord.

Don't get me wrong, I made a lot of mistakes in my life like anybody else, but I only blame myself for those mistakes and how they stopped me from getting further ahead in life.
Didn't answer my question.
Some people can't afford to think past their next meal. Many times I was forced to do laundry with my grocery money. Or pay the rent with my car payment money. Fuck em right, you got yours, fuck em.

Forum List

Back