Minimal Wage. Raises. Inflation. Cost of living.

If you don’t like what you are getting paid then find another job. Businesses don’t exist to give you a job. You aren’t owed anything.
Ok I just said that someone will say that. What about the people that did something years ago and it caused them to have a criminal record? what if happen years ago? A mistake that someone made should prevent them from getting a decent paying job? People make mistakes no one is perfect, even the employers. What about the people that have a problem with their knee or whatever, and is limited to low paying jobs? Some jobs that pay minimal wage make more money then companies that pay 10 or more dollars an hour.
Then why do people who choose not to work are so easily able to manipulate the government and get to live with no worries?

People have to live with the choices they make.

You choose to be a piece of shit criminal that's on you and you have to live with the consequences.

People make mistakes whether the mistakes are minor or major, and whether they get caught or not. Life is about learning, I don't believe The mistakes a person may make, defines who that person is. Also it doesn't mean, that person will make that mistake again. Some mistakes are unforgivable and that person may deserve what he gets.

A person who doesn't learn from their mistakes and doesn't care about the consequences, then that's on them. But not everyone is like that.

When I was a teenager and began to get away with the shit I did, I began to think I was invincible and to slick and I will never get caught. Fortunately I got caught just in time, right before I became an adult. I learned from my mistakes and opened my eyes. I was acting the way I thought people thought was cool and "badass", but really, I was acting like a total dumbass. I got a second chance and I did a 360 degree change, I'm not saying I am a saint, but I know the consequences now and when I weigh the good from the bad, it isn't worth it to me. I value my life and those around me.

Not only does your mistakes have an effect on you but also the people in your life. Some people learn, some don't. You never know what you had till you lost it.

But my point is something you did shouldn't define how people judge you for the rest of your life. A good person can go bad, a bad person can go good.

1 mistake does not make you a criminal.

I don't agree with having to undergo a background check for most jobs.

If you don’t like what you are getting paid then find another job. Businesses don’t exist to give you a job. You aren’t owed anything.
Ok I just said that someone will say that. What about the people that did something years ago and it caused them to have a criminal record? what if happen years ago? A mistake that someone made should prevent them from getting a decent paying job? People make mistakes no one is perfect, even the employers. What about the people that have a problem with their knee or whatever, and is limited to low paying jobs? Some jobs that pay minimal wage make more money then companies that pay 10 or more dollars an hour.
Then why do people who choose not to work are so easily able to manipulate the government and get to live with no worries?

You choose to be a piece of shit criminal that's on you and you have to live with the consequences.

People make mistakes whether the mistakes are minor or major, and whether they get caught or not. Life is about learning, I don't believe The mistakes a person may make, defines who that person is. Also it doesn't mean, that person will make that mistake again. Some mistakes are unforgivable and that person may deserve what he gets.

A person who doesn't learn from their mistakes and doesn't care about the consequences, then that's on them. But not everyone is like that.

When I was a teenager and began to get away with the shit I did, I began to think I was invincible and to slick and I will never get caught. Fortunately I got caught just in time, right before I became an adult. I learned from my mistakes and opened my eyes. I was acting the way I thought people thought was cool and "badass", but really, I was acting like a total dumbass. I got a second chance and I did a 360 degree change, I'm not saying I am a saint, but I know the consequences now and when I weigh the good from the bad, it isn't worth it to me. I value my life and those around me.

Not only does your mistakes have an effect on you but also the people in your life. Some people learn, some don't. You never know what you had till you lost it.

But my point is something you did shouldn't define how people judge you for the rest of your life. A good person can go bad, a bad person can go good.

That's your call.

You can open a business and hire ex cons if you want.

Personally I will not risk hiring an ex con.

That's your call.

That's totally your call. I do have my own business and have few employees that work for me, with felonies one their records. You know what? I touched roughly 168k last year and since I hired them, they had some ideas and I'm on track to reaching almost 300k this year.
What ever works for you be all means go for it.
You don't get anywhere without taking risks my friend.

That's your call.

That's totally your call. I do have my own business and have few employees that work for me, with felonies one their records. You know what? I touched roughly 168k last year and since I hired them, they had some ideas and I'm on track to reaching almost 300k this year.
And this is only my 3rd year in business for myself.

That's your call.

I took a huge risk starting a business. Which is why I won't hire a criminal

We're on track for our best year ever and I never hired an ex con.

I used to have that attitude when I first became a landlord. I gave a convicted felon a chance because he couldn't find an apartment with his record. A few months later, my house almost burned down to the ground; couldn't get insurance on any of my properties for three years. But like a dope, I tried it again. The next clown ripped apart his bathroom to expand it (he was a remodeler) and when he went back on drugs, he left it that way until I kicked him out.

There is a reason people keep ex-cons out of their life.

That's your call.

You are right, starting a business is a huge risk. Starting the business is the biggest risk of the business. I'm not saying hiring ex cons will be the only way for a business to be successful, but being an ex con doesn't mean they will steal or whatever from the business. They don't have to handle the money and if you have a good eye on your inventory there shouldn't be a problem. Give them a chance, 1 strike they out.

That's your call.

You are right, starting a business is a huge risk. Starting the business is the biggest risk of the business. I'm not saying hiring ex cons will be the only way for a business to be successful, but being an ex con doesn't mean they will steal or whatever from the business. They don't have to handle the money and if you have a good eye on your inventory there shouldn't be a problem. Give them a chance, 1 strike they out.

Not a risk I will ever take.

There are too many people that have demonstrated their good decision making skills so I will hire them before I hire someone with a history of poor decision making skills

I used to have that attitude when I first became a landlord. I gave a convicted felon a chance because he couldn't find an apartment with his record. A few months later, my house almost burned down to the ground; couldn't get insurance on any of my properties for three years. But like a dope, I tried it again. The next clown ripped apart his bathroom to expand it (he was a remodeler) and when he went back on drugs, he left it that way until I kicked him out.

There is a reason people keep ex-cons out of their life.
Awe damn. But a person doesn't have to be an ex-con for that to happen. I had one tenant nothing on his record, Nicest guy ever. He caught the kitchen on fire, no major damage. Come to find out he had marijuana growing operation in the basement. That was one hell of a situation.

That's your call.

There are too many people that have demonstrated their good decision making skills so I will hire them before I hire someone with a history of poor decision making skills
Hey if that's what you believe that's what you believe.
But I feel the deserve better jobs then working at mcdonalds

How many idiots are there in one thread?

The minimum wage is always zero...............fucking duh............:popcorn:

The Unintended Consequences Of The $15/Hour Minimum Wage

The problem here is that when the UK govt introduced a minimum wage in 1997, unemployment didn't go down.

unemployment-percent-79-12.png

Unemployment WENT DOWN.

Had it not been plunging since 1993?

How much was that minimum wage for those under 18 years of age?

That's your call.

Even if I owned a McDonald's I wouldn't hire an ex con

That's your call.

Honestly your employees may not be ex-cons but that doesn't mean they never did anything that if caught would consider them to be an ex-con. People get away with shit all the time. You never know you might have a murderer, a major thief, who knows working for you. Not having a record doesn't mean they aren't a bad person

Even if I owned a McDonald's I wouldn't hire an ex con
Hey as you being the employer you have that right

That's your call.

Honestly your employees may not be ex-cons but that doesn't mean they never did anything that if caught would consider them to be an ex-con. People get away with shit all the time. You never know you might have a murderer, a major thief, who knows working for you. Not having a record doesn't mean they aren't a bad person

That's the risk I take hiring people without criminal records so why increase the risk by hiring people with criminal records

And an ex con might be a great person. But I still won't hire one.

My friends who have kids wouldn't hire a person who served time for child abuse to watch their kids, would you?

That's the risk I take hiring people without criminal records so why increase the risk by hiring people with criminal records

My friends who have kids wouldn't hire a person who served time for child abuse to watch their kids, would you?
Hell no! that's different, but it doesn't take much for a person to be an ex-con. I probably wouldn't hire someone that was convicted of robbery or burglary if I owned a bank. But it still doesn't mean that the person you hire has clean record doesn't mean that they never abused a child or robbed a bank

Of what were you convicted?

The fact is that when a criminal is caught, say burglary, it is by far not the first time they have committed that crime.

Someone who has been arrested for DUI has driven drunk at least 60 times.

Hell no! that's different, but it doesn't take much for a person to be an ex-con. I probably wouldn't hire someone that was convicted of robbery or burglary if I owned a bank. But it still doesn't mean that the person you hire has clean record doesn't mean that they never abused a child or robbed a bank
I'm not saying that they should be eligible for any job. I wouldn't hire a child abuser or pedophile to work around kids. I wouldn't hire someone convicted for robbery or burglary to deal with money. I would hire a car-jacker to work at a car dealership. But there are way better paying jobs then fast food. Factories for instance. Why do you need a perfect record to work production that pays 12+ bucks an hour.
Your missing my point.

The fact is that when a criminal is caught, say burglary, it is by far not the first time they have committed that crime.

I never been convicted of a crime I was 17 when I got in trouble and got it expunged

I never been convicted of a crime I was 17 when I got in trouble and got it expunged
And it doesn't mean a person with a clean criminal record never committed a crime

Forum List

Back