Minimal Wage. Raises. Inflation. Cost of living.

That's pretty good money. you can live pretty good on that
Yes, it would mean less need for welfare, as it is currently known.

The level would just be raised, or like in Seattle the workers beg for less hours to be under the government threshold ,so they can continue to be eligible.
It is up to the Individual providing the labor, not just the employer.

When are you going to stop with your babble on here?
what babble? some people will and some won't; the employer won't be the Only decision maker on that.

You're like the most retarded person on this board , the king of the retards, does that make you proud?

And you claim to be 54...your wisdom sounds like it came from a China man's fart ..

If you don’t like what you are getting paid then find another job. Businesses don’t exist to give you a job. You aren’t owed anything.
Ok I just said that someone will say that. What about the people that did something years ago and it caused them to have a criminal record? what if happen years ago? A mistake that someone made should prevent them from getting a decent paying job? People make mistakes no one is perfect, even the employers. What about the people that have a problem with their knee or whatever, and is limited to low paying jobs? Some jobs that pay minimal wage make more money then companies that pay 10 or more dollars an hour.
Then why do people who choose not to work are so easily able to manipulate the government and get to live with no worries?

People have to live with the choices they make.

You choose to be a piece of shit criminal that's on you and you have to live with the consequences.

People make mistakes whether the mistakes are minor or major, and whether they get caught or not. Life is about learning, I don't believe The mistakes a person may make, defines who that person is. Also it doesn't mean, that person will make that mistake again. Some mistakes are unforgivable and that person may deserve what he gets.

A person who doesn't learn from their mistakes and doesn't care about the consequences, then that's on them. But not everyone is like that.

When I was a teenager and began to get away with the shit I did, I began to think I was invincible and to slick and I will never get caught. Fortunately I got caught just in time, right before I became an adult. I learned from my mistakes and opened my eyes. I was acting the way I thought people thought was cool and "badass", but really, I was acting like a total dumbass. I got a second chance and I did a 360 degree change, I'm not saying I am a saint, but I know the consequences now and when I weigh the good from the bad, it isn't worth it to me. I value my life and those around me.

Not only does your mistakes have an effect on you but also the people in your life. Some people learn, some don't. You never know what you had till you lost it.

But my point is something you did shouldn't define how people judge you for the rest of your life. A good person can go bad, a bad person can go good.

1 mistake does not make you a criminal.

I don't agree with having to undergo a background check for most jobs.

That's your call.

You can open a business and hire ex cons if you want.

Personally I will not risk hiring an ex con.
If nobody hires ex-cons how are they supposed to live productive law abiding lives?

If you don’t like what you are getting paid then find another job. Businesses don’t exist to give you a job. You aren’t owed anything.
Ok I just said that someone will say that. What about the people that did something years ago and it caused them to have a criminal record? what if happen years ago? A mistake that someone made should prevent them from getting a decent paying job? People make mistakes no one is perfect, even the employers. What about the people that have a problem with their knee or whatever, and is limited to low paying jobs? Some jobs that pay minimal wage make more money then companies that pay 10 or more dollars an hour.
Then why do people who choose not to work are so easily able to manipulate the government and get to live with no worries?

You choose to be a piece of shit criminal that's on you and you have to live with the consequences.

People make mistakes whether the mistakes are minor or major, and whether they get caught or not. Life is about learning, I don't believe The mistakes a person may make, defines who that person is. Also it doesn't mean, that person will make that mistake again. Some mistakes are unforgivable and that person may deserve what he gets.

A person who doesn't learn from their mistakes and doesn't care about the consequences, then that's on them. But not everyone is like that.

When I was a teenager and began to get away with the shit I did, I began to think I was invincible and to slick and I will never get caught. Fortunately I got caught just in time, right before I became an adult. I learned from my mistakes and opened my eyes. I was acting the way I thought people thought was cool and "badass", but really, I was acting like a total dumbass. I got a second chance and I did a 360 degree change, I'm not saying I am a saint, but I know the consequences now and when I weigh the good from the bad, it isn't worth it to me. I value my life and those around me.

Not only does your mistakes have an effect on you but also the people in your life. Some people learn, some don't. You never know what you had till you lost it.

But my point is something you did shouldn't define how people judge you for the rest of your life. A good person can go bad, a bad person can go good.

That's your call.

If nobody hires ex-cons how are they supposed to live productive law abiding lives?

Maybe learn a trade and work for themselves. If you decide to become a criminal, you can't expect people to bend over backwards to make your life better. These are high-risk employees as far as employers are concerned. You committed the crime--you have to live with the results of your actions.

That's your call.

Well then hire them multi millionare business guy on USMB...

That's your call.

who and what response are you referring too??

That's your call.

Unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, could solve simple poverty and end homelessness.

That's your call.

You, hire them and pay what ever wage they want, report back to us on how it worked out

Minimal wage increases every few years. Some employees get a raise every year if they are lucky, but some raises are insulting. Busting your butt, never late, never call off, take extra shifts, and you prove to be most reliable, just to be taken advantage of because the manager or supervisor knows you will do whatever they ask with out hesitation, so instead of wasting their time asking another employee that might not be so good or fast as you, and might be defiant and slack off. So being taken advantage of for a whole year and coming up is raise time. You are sitting in the office for your review, and the have nothing but good things to say, you are their best employee and this is the best review you have ever got. Then they tell you that you got a 15 cent raise. That is insulting if I ever got a raise that low I would tell them to keep it. Some companies once you are maxed out there is nothing to look forward to. No matter how much longer you are with that company. If that happens companies should give bonuses every year to keep employees moral up.
The Government decides to raise minimal wage every so often, to make it look like they are doing something good for the people. And the people that are making minimal wage actually believe The government did something for them.
Well in reality if inflation and cost of living increases faster then the minimal wage increases, it really doesn't matter if minimal wage increased at all if inflation and cost of living increases more and higher then minimal wage.

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
Gallon of milk-$4.50
Gas- $3.00 a gallon
gas bill- $100
electric bill- $70
rent- $500

Minimal Wage increases to- $8.00
Gallon of milk- $5.25
Gas- $4.00 a gallon
gas bill- $150
electric- $100
rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
milk $5.50
gas- 4.25
gas bill- $160
electric- $110
rent- $570

So if inflation and cost of living increases more often then minimal wage you are really not making more.

I think minimal wage and raises should increase at the same rate of inflation and cost of living. Also a minimal wage a company can pay their employees should be based on how much that company makes. If company A is making more then company B, company A minimal wage would be higher then company Bs minimal wage.

given that you haven't included a single link, I think it's clear we can totally disregard your insane BS.

places like Australia have already disproven your lies.

That's your call.

You, hire them and pay what ever wage they want, report back to us on how it worked out

who is saying that, o brain dead one?

Minimal wage increases every few years. Some employees get a raise every year if they are lucky, but some raises are insulting. Busting your butt, never late, never call off, take extra shifts, and you prove to be most reliable, just to be taken advantage of because the manager or supervisor knows you will do whatever they ask with out hesitation, so instead of wasting their time asking another employee that might not be so good or fast as you, and might be defiant and slack off. So being taken advantage of for a whole year and coming up is raise time. You are sitting in the office for your review, and the have nothing but good things to say, you are their best employee and this is the best review you have ever got. Then they tell you that you got a 15 cent raise. That is insulting if I ever got a raise that low I would tell them to keep it. Some companies once you are maxed out there is nothing to look forward to. No matter how much longer you are with that company. If that happens companies should give bonuses every year to keep employees moral up.
The Government decides to raise minimal wage every so often, to make it look like they are doing something good for the people. And the people that are making minimal wage actually believe The government did something for them.
Well in reality if inflation and cost of living increases faster then the minimal wage increases, it really doesn't matter if minimal wage increased at all if inflation and cost of living increases more and higher then minimal wage.

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
Gallon of milk-$4.50
Gas- $3.00 a gallon
gas bill- $100
electric bill- $70
rent- $500

Gallon of milk- $5.25
Gas- $4.00 a gallon
gas bill- $150
electric- $100
rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
milk $5.50
gas- 4.25
gas bill- $160
electric- $110
rent- $570

So if inflation and cost of living increases more often then minimal wage you are really not making more.

I think minimal wage and raises should increase at the same rate of inflation and cost of living. Also a minimal wage a company can pay their employees should be based on how much that company makes. If company A is making more then company B, company A minimal wage would be higher then company Bs minimal wage.

given that you haven't included a single link, I think it's clear we can totally disregard your insane BS.

lol You need a link to understand common sense? I need to post a link to prove my point, when its just common sense? So in order for someone to have a valid point they need to post a link? Wow you know nothing about the economy. I know how everything works I'm simply just saying that pay rates should accommodate the raise in inflation and cost of living. Either you are a child with no sense of the real world, or you are an adult that still lives with mommy and daddy and they take care of you and support you and you never worked a day in your life.

How is that lies? That is my opinion. lol please say out of my threads.

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
Gallon of milk-$4.50
Gas- $3.00 a gallon
gas bill- $100
electric bill- $70
rent- $500

Gallon of milk- $5.25
Gas- $4.00 a gallon
gas bill- $150
electric- $100
rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
milk $5.50
gas- 4.25
gas bill- $160
electric- $110
rent- $570

lol You need a link to understand common sense? I need to post a link to prove my point, when its just common sense? So in order for someone to have a valid point they need to post a link? Wow you know nothing about the economy. I know how everything works I'm simply just saying that pay rates should accommodate the raise in inflation and cost of living. Either you are a child with no sense of the real world, or you are an adult that still lives with mommy and daddy and they take care of you and support you and you never worked a day in your life.

when your made up nonsense is contradicted by actual reality.;.. yes, provide links.

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
Gallon of milk-$4.50
Gas- $3.00 a gallon
gas bill- $100
electric bill- $70
rent- $500

Gallon of milk- $5.25
Gas- $4.00 a gallon
gas bill- $150
electric- $100
rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
milk $5.50
gas- 4.25
gas bill- $160
electric- $110
rent- $570

You are one who cant think for themselves? Am I right? You need to see a link that has people who look smart validating the topic of a thread? You the type of people who say, "You cant believe everything on the internet, The internet is full of bullshit and lies." Thread topic: What does 2+2 equal? someone responds 2+2 equals 4 and you "You haven't included one link, I think its clear we can totally disregard your insane BS"

Lol you are insane. This thread is not all that serious. lol

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
Gallon of milk-$4.50
Gas- $3.00 a gallon
gas bill- $100
electric bill- $70
rent- $500

Gallon of milk- $5.25
Gas- $4.00 a gallon
gas bill- $150
electric- $100
rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
milk $5.50
gas- 4.25
gas bill- $160
electric- $110
rent- $570

when your made up nonsense is contradicted by actual reality.;.. yes, provide links.
Its called an opinion!!! lol

I'm Just saying I don't agree with the minimum wage. I think it should be higher then 7.25. And that there should be raises to accommodate the rise of cost of living and inflation. Holly crap. Can some one have an opinion?

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
Gallon of milk-$4.50
Gas- $3.00 a gallon
gas bill- $100
electric bill- $70
rent- $500

Gallon of milk- $5.25
Gas- $4.00 a gallon
gas bill- $150
electric- $100
rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
milk $5.50
gas- 4.25
gas bill- $160
electric- $110
rent- $570

I have not called anyone an idiot on this site yet. You are going to be the first one. You are an idiot!!

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
Gallon of milk-$4.50
Gas- $3.00 a gallon
gas bill- $100
electric bill- $70
rent- $500

Gallon of milk- $5.25
Gas- $4.00 a gallon
gas bill- $150
electric- $100
rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
milk $5.50
gas- 4.25
gas bill- $160
electric- $110
rent- $570

You are a robot hu? No open mind, No logical or common sense, unable to think for oneself, A follower far from a leader. Are you unable to create an opinion on something base on experience or knowledge? Or you only go by what you see or read from a person that wears glasses and has Dr. in front of their name? Hey can I ask for your opinion? If you write a book about failure, and it doesn't sell, is it called success?

That's your call.

Not my problem.

That's your call.

who is saying that, o brain dead one?

You miss me pumpkin head?

Get off your lazy ass start your own business and pay them what ever you like..go for it..

And don't cry to me when your penny blossom company fails because you didn't understand profits

I'm Just saying I don't agree with the minimum wage. I think it should be higher then 7.25. And that there should be raises to accommodate the rise of cost of living and inflation. Holly crap. Can some one have an opinion?

A higher minimum wage causes inflation what's so complicated that you can't get it?

It's trickle up poor, you can't artificially raise minimum wage and think you are getting ahead in the game..

My first apparment I had i was only making $6 bucks an hour , and I lived fine took a trip to Germany..

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
Gallon of milk-$4.50
Gas- $3.00 a gallon
gas bill- $100
electric bill- $70
rent- $500

Gallon of milk- $5.25
Gas- $4.00 a gallon
gas bill- $150
electric- $100
rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
milk $5.50
gas- 4.25
gas bill- $160
electric- $110
rent- $570

You are a robot hu? No open mind, No logical or common sense, unable to think for oneself, A follower far from a leader. Are you unable to create an opinion on something base on experience or knowledge? Or you only go by what you see or read from a person that wears glasses and has Dr. in front of their name? Hey can I ask for your opinion? If you write a book about failure, and it doesn't sell, is it called success?

Oh leave Jillian alone , she is my arch enemy on here , love that liberal peanut head troll to death but love messing with her and she does with me :)

Forum List

Back