Minimum Wage Increases Passed in All Five States Where It Was on the Ballot

The four red states that raised the minimum wage:

Arkansas, Nebraska, Alaska and South Dakota.

Just more evidence of how far out of touch the RWnuts on USMB are.

This is hilarious. A few minor issues like minimum wage and pot smoking passed in a few blue states, and you shills are here saying this means the whole country is really progressive at heart.

The progressive ***** just can't accept the fact that they got their asses handed to them over the vast majority of the country. Even several deep blue states went red.
Do us all a a favor and move to Washington, you all deserve each other.
"Congratulations, you just got a great raise.

Oh, but, you are being let go day after tomorrow."

This is hilarious. A few minor issues like minimum wage and pot smoking passed in a few blue states, and you shills are here saying this means the whole country is really progressive at heart.

The progressive ***** just can't accept the fact that they got their asses handed to them over the vast majority of the country. Even several deep blue states went red.

Most of the minimum wage hikes were in red states actually.

Minimum wage isn't high on the priority list for conservatives. I think it's an overblown issue that Dems use to try and paint all Republicans as those who endorse exploiting low wage workers. Conservatives have no problems with people getting paid more, it's just the whole government mandate part of it usually leads to more people just being laid off.

??????

Then why did all the Repubs in Congress block it when the Democrats pushed for $10.10 an hour?

Because it is rediculous to mandate a minimum wage at the Federal level. The states are perfectly capable of handling this issue, as they just proved.

Not all states are.

Do you know that Alabama has no state minimum wage. Georgia's is $5.15 an hour, Louisiana has no state minimum, Minnesota's is $6.50 an hour if you have <$500K a year in sales, Mississippi has no state minimum wage, Montana $4.00 a freaking hour for businesses that have less than $110K a year in sales. Oklahoma the minimum wage is $2 a fucking hour if you have <10 employees and <$100K a year in sales. South Carolina, NO state minimum wage, same with Tenn. Wyoming, $5.15 an hour.

That's what those states would allow employers to pay if the federal minimum wage didn't over rule all of them.

Please tell me your trolling when you say that there is no need for a federal minimum.

Oh and besides the states listed above 19 states pay EXACTLY the federal minimum by state law.

And in the best of ironies, it's the conservatives who always go on about how it ought to be the STATES that decide issues.

lolol.

How many of those raises were to the absurd $15.00?

Have you ever lived in San Francisco? $15 an hour is probably around the poverty level for that place

Then don't move to SF if you aren't making $20/hr. Problem solved.

Personally, I wouldn't move to SF for $20K an hour.

The four red states that raised the minimum wage:

Arkansas, Nebraska, Alaska and South Dakota.

Just more evidence of how far out of touch the RWnuts on USMB are.

Actually it shows how out of touch you are. You believe that all Republicans are opposed to any minimum wage increase anywhere at any time, because that is what the left-wing hate machine has told you.

I have no issues with cities and states passing their own laws about it.

Minimum wage? The market is going to force the issue as it always does, and who looses?
"Hi, I'm Mike and I flip burgers for $15 an hour now. That old guy in the corner booth, you ask? Ummm...that's Carl. He's 72 and he subsists on social security and food stamps. This is his big weekly Burger King treat to himself. He just paid $6 for a burger that was $1.95 two years ago."

Minimum wage isn't high on the priority list for conservatives. I think it's an overblown issue that Dems use to try and paint all Republicans as those who endorse exploiting low wage workers. Conservatives have no problems with people getting paid more, it's just the whole government mandate part of it usually leads to more people just being laid off.

??????

Then why did all the Repubs in Congress block it when the Democrats pushed for $10.10 an hour?

Because it is rediculous to mandate a minimum wage at the Federal level. The states are perfectly capable of handling this issue, as they just proved.

Not all states are.

Do you know that Alabama has no state minimum wage. Georgia's is $5.15 an hour, Louisiana has no state minimum, Minnesota's is $6.50 an hour if you have <$500K a year in sales, Mississippi has no state minimum wage, Montana $4.00 a freaking hour for businesses that have less than $110K a year in sales. Oklahoma the minimum wage is $2 a fucking hour if you have <10 employees and <$100K a year in sales. South Carolina, NO state minimum wage, same with Tenn. Wyoming, $5.15 an hour.

That's what those states would allow employers to pay if the federal minimum wage didn't over rule all of them.

Please tell me your trolling when you say that there is no need for a federal minimum.

Oh and besides the states listed above 19 states pay EXACTLY the
federal minimum by state law.

Are you telling us that none of those states you just listed has the ability to pass laws regarding minimum wage in their own state legislature or to put it on the ballot for popular vote?

??????

Not all states are.

Are you telling us that none of those states you just listed has the ability to pass laws regarding minimum wage in their own state legislature or to put it on the ballot for popular vote?

I'm saying they haven't. Which is why the federal standard is required.

A backwards fuck state like Mississippi shouldn't be allowed to remain even more backwards than it already is simply because of "state's rights"

too fucking bad

??????

Not all states are.

I'm saying they haven't. Which is why the federal standard is required.

A backwards fuck state like Mississippi shouldn't be allowed to remain even more backwards than it already is simply because of "state's rights"

too fucking bad

You just gave us a run down of all those states and what laws they already have, so apparently they have taken on the issue, you just don't agree with it.
So your solution is to force them to do what you want on a federal level, because you don't like their local laws and you know what's best.

If a state wants to raise it's minimum wage fine have a vote if it passes and works out for you great if not deal with it just don't go asking for federal dollars to do so. Remember you made the choice to do this don't ask someone else to pick up the tab for it.

If a state wants to raise it's minimum wage fine have a vote if it passes and works out for you great if not deal with it just don't go asking for federal dollars to do so. Remember you made the choice to do this don't ask someone else to pick up the tab for it.
Here here!

I don't get it. If the people want the minimum wage to go up so badly, why don't they make it happen without relying on government?
Unions?

I was thinking more along the lines of don't settle for a low wage at work. There is also the time honored tradition of taking your business elsewhere if you feel that people are getting paid inadequately.
You don't know much about the history of American labor, do you?

Ballot Initiatives. Worthless.

Umm..no...Ballot Measures. Binding in fact.

Then what of the ballot measures banning gay marriage? Funny, your definition of 'binding.'
does this need to be explained to you again?
Illinois is under no terms bound by its ballot measures.

There's obviously some terminology at play here. Get it straight.
Move forward.
It's not too late.
To whip it.
Whip it good.
Try to detect it.
It's not too late.
To whip it.

Forum List

Back