🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Minnesotas Castile had been pulled over 52 times!

One thing that shatters trust are schemes by local officials to drum up revenue by demanding their police officers write excessive traffic tickets—“taxation by citation”—which disproportionately hurts the poor.

St. Ann, a suburb of St. Louis that lies about 15 minutes west of Ferguson along Interstate 70, was once home to the largest mall in the nation, Northwest Plaza. But the mall closed in 2010 after being hit hard by the recession and competition elsewhere. As populations and shopping dollars shifted within the region, the city’s general revenue declined, but an increase in traffic tickets kept the coffers full. Between 2009 and 2014, St. Ann’s police department went from writing 3,500 tickets worth $722,000 to 10,000 tickets worth $2,834,000.

Next door in Edmundson, a town of fewer than 1,000 people, Mayor John Gwaltney wrote an April 2014 letter to his city’s police, noting a “marked downturn in traffic and other tickets being written by your department.” The mayor went on to remind officers that the tickets they write add to the revenue on which the police department budget is established, “and will directly affect pay adjustments at budget time.” Mayor Gwaltney had a subtle way of delivering his message: The letter was included with police officers’ paychecks.

‘Taxation by Citation’ Undermines Trust Between Cops and Citizens

snip*

The violence and vandalism that we saw in Ferguson, and other hot spots of unrest such as Baltimore, is inexcusable, no matter the motivation for it. However, there can also be no excuse for burdensome, exploitative government, which often generates tension in cities. Making local government more accountable to the people and reining in identifiable abuses is essential.
st. Charles Mall in St. Charles IL. One of the most profitable areas in the west side, mostly empty, not closed, but not many stores. Was one of the most profitable shopping centers in the area. just dried up. Not many blacks. So happens in white america as well and the creation of tickets doesn't go up cause a mall closed.

Thats not what the analysis says.
analysis of what? why do yo always have to be a dick?

Of traffic stops where and why they happen

One thing that shatters trust are schemes by local officials to drum up revenue by demanding their police officers write excessive traffic tickets—“taxation by citation”—which disproportionately hurts the poor.

St. Ann, a suburb of St. Louis that lies about 15 minutes west of Ferguson along Interstate 70, was once home to the largest mall in the nation, Northwest Plaza. But the mall closed in 2010 after being hit hard by the recession and competition elsewhere. As populations and shopping dollars shifted within the region, the city’s general revenue declined, but an increase in traffic tickets kept the coffers full. Between 2009 and 2014, St. Ann’s police department went from writing 3,500 tickets worth $722,000 to 10,000 tickets worth $2,834,000.

Next door in Edmundson, a town of fewer than 1,000 people, Mayor John Gwaltney wrote an April 2014 letter to his city’s police, noting a “marked downturn in traffic and other tickets being written by your department.” The mayor went on to remind officers that the tickets they write add to the revenue on which the police department budget is established, “and will directly affect pay adjustments at budget time.” Mayor Gwaltney had a subtle way of delivering his message: The letter was included with police officers’ paychecks.

‘Taxation by Citation’ Undermines Trust Between Cops and Citizens

snip*

The violence and vandalism that we saw in Ferguson, and other hot spots of unrest such as Baltimore, is inexcusable, no matter the motivation for it. However, there can also be no excuse for burdensome, exploitative government, which often generates tension in cities. Making local government more accountable to the people and reining in identifiable abuses is essential.
st. Charles Mall in St. Charles IL. One of the most profitable areas in the west side, mostly empty, not closed, but not many stores. Was one of the most profitable shopping centers in the area. just dried up. Not many blacks. So happens in white america as well and the creation of tickets doesn't go up cause a mall closed.

Thats not what the analysis says.
analysis of what? why do yo always have to be a dick?

Of traffic stops where and why they happen
so they have a study after a mall closes? Link it.

Since you missed it the first time you quoted it here you go

Let it go. The man is dead and not responsible for the morons who are rioting, burning and murdering cops.

and I told you that the mall in St. Charles closed and we didn't have that. So again, where is the study that tickets go up cause malls close down? That was my query

and I told you that the mall in St. Charles closed and we didn't have that. So again, where is the study that tickets go up cause malls close down? That was my query

I bring figures and you bring nuh uh.

[...]

Plants aren't drugs, they are plants because they occur naturally. You could argue that the THC content of todays plants are higher than what they were 50 years ago, but the same thing could be said of todays crops, because they have been specifically bred (some via genetic manipulation) to produce more in harsh conditions.

[...]

Well said.

While the increased potency levels of some cannabis strains is used as the latest Reefer Madness scare device by federal drug-war propagandists the only real significance rests in the fact that if the THC content of a certain plant is twice as strong all that means is it takes only half as much to produce the desired effect.

Just exactly where is the money to come from? Of course if you obey traffic laws, there is no problem.

And if you arent black or dont live near blacks you also wont have a problem

Black communities are notorious for high unemployment, yet they still want city services. If I drive through one of those communities I drive especially careful. If I don't speed (for example), I won't get a ticket.

It has nothing to do with traffic laws goof ball

Yep, sure does. You think this is something new?

Not according to where the traffic stops happen.

Traffic fines are supposed to be a deterrent. If the public keeps breaking them, then one naturally increases them until the public are deterred.

No real secret.

Was he some lifelong criminal ? No, no record of any criminal charges. Just 86 citations for bullshit driving while black offenses . Most citations were dismissed.
This kind of profiling began back in the mid-1980s, along with the reduction of probable cause (to search) to reasonable suspicion ( a "hunch"). It was based on the determination that some amount of drugs (typically marijuana) or paraphernalia is much more likely to be found on Blacks than on White drivers.

While that might have been true at the time it stands to reason that Blacks have wised up by now and are no more likely to be carrying drugs than Whites. But the police have become conditioned to the '80s orientation.

The bottom line is, while the reason for stopping more Blacks than Whites is categorical racial discrimination the motivation is the drug war -- which is the root cause of many of this Nation's most serious internal problems.
Yeah heroin and pcp.shoumd be widely available.......Want to go crazy and kill 14 people with your bare hands........we have a half price special on angel dust (pcp.shoumd to you uninformed)

The Ultimate White Privilege Statistics & Data Post

In New York City, whites comprise 44% of the population; blacks and Latinos, 53%.[4]
  • Between 2005 and 2008, 80% of NYPD stops were of blacks and Latinos. Only 10% of stops were of whites.
  • 85% of those frisked were black; only 8% were white. (Blacks and Latinos were frisked 50% of the time; whites, only 34%.)
  • Under the NYPD’s controversial “stop-and-frisk” program, in every year since 2009, 87% of those stopped-and-frisked were black or Latino. 10% were white.[5]
  • 24% of blacks and Latinos had force used against them by the NYPD, compared to only 17% of whites.
  • Only 2.6% of all stops (1.6 million stops over 3.5 years) resulted in the discovery of contraband or a weapon. Whites were more likely to be found with contraband or a weapon.

Figures that have nothing to do with my query

"The citations were for alleged infractions such as speeding, driving without a muffler, not wearing a seat belt, driving after his license was revoked, and driving with no proof of insurance."

Should have played piñata with his head years ago.

I got pulled over for window tint too dark on a used car I had just bought that had a current inspection sticker on it. (not supposed to get one with illegal window tint.) It cost me 160 dollars. But I'm white and so was the cop. Maybe that cop was racist against his own race.

Figures that have nothing to do with my query

No? Then post your set of figures to compare to mine.

How many more times does he have to be pulled over before he is finally in jail...unless he is in there already for his having no regard for anyone else on the road.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

How many more times does he have to be pulled over before he is finally in jail...unless he is in there already for his having no regard for anyone else on the road.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Are you maybe assuming that every one of those stops was warranted and valid?
No one gets pulled over that much unless they are deliberately targeted.

Forum List

Back