Miss. Senator Hyde-Smith Posts Photo Wearing Confederate Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not that, but since your kind cannot accept facts, you will just have to go on being a poor liar.

lol, m'k... so then what regional pride does that CONfed flag represent?
The kind you won't accept because you are a liar.

yaaaaaaaaaaso you got nuthin'. that's what i thought.

1. Regional Pride is Pride in the Region.

2. D'uh.

what did that flag represent, exactly? pride in the region for doing WHAT, exactly?

the american flag has colors, stripes, & stars to signify specific things for a specific reason.

you can't or won't answer honestly.

Pride tends to be very general.

I am proud of being an American, and if you asked me why, I could give many reasons, BUT, the truth is it is because I was raised by my father to be proud of my nation.

This is the land of my Fathers. This is my land. This will be the land of descendants.

YOu want specifics? The act of asking that, tells me that you don't understand.

mandate? who said anything about mandate.

AFRAID? shirley you jest; or you are ignorant & poorly educated.

you can wear whatever you want & say whatever you want. but they can have consequences.

Yes, Mandate. The Media, liberal/progressive Society, and Corporate pressure is attempting to MANDATE what people say, and do with Political Correctness, and accusations of RACISM. It is a form of tyranny. No, there should be no consequences for someone wearing a Confederate hat for God's sake. It was not bid deal for well over a Century, now all of a sudden their needs to be CONSEQUENCES? Get a life!

when your prez wants to take away FCC licenses' & revoke press passes, then you don't get to talk about PC. did you ever stop to think that what was acceptable in the past doesn't mean that it was 'just'; & past mistakes & even downright atrocities won't be tolerated anymore?

of course not. seems like it is *YOU* that seems to be afraid.

Hogans Heroes did not present the Nazis as sympathetic heroes. If it did, it would never had been made and if it was, it would never have been accepted, because the American viewer did not and would not accept that the Swastika was a harmless symbol.

The Dukes of Hazzard DID present proud Southern Boys as sympathetic heroes. It was made and was widely accepted because the American view did accept the Confederate Battle Flag as a harmless symbol.

This is my point. That flag, until recently was accepted by the nation as a whole as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

And thus attacking Senator Smith for wearing it, is historically ignorant and the act of race baiting asshole.

hogan's heroes portrayed nazi's & SS officers as likable & nonthreatening in nature. much like those CONfed flag owners on the dukes of hazzard.

nowadays, that would be considered soft propaganda.

Actually NEITHER of the German characters were nazis.

List of Hogan's Heroes characters - Wikipedia

"
Werner Klemperer as Col. Klink

Colonel Wilhelm Klink (portrayed by Werner Klemperer) – Kommandant Oberst (Colonel) Wilhelm Klink is an old-line Luftwaffe officer of aristocratic (Junker) Prussian descent. He is shown to be inept, a bit dimwitted, cowardly, and often clueless and rather gullible....

Klink is for the most part portrayed as a vain, muddling, and incompetent career officer rather than as an evil German or ardent Nazi. Many typical scenarios are played out in which Hogan will entangle Klink, as he is easily manipulated by Hogan through a combination of flattery, chicanery, and playing on Klink's fear of being sent to the Russian Front or of being arrested by the Gestapo.

Sergeant Hans Schultz (portrayed by John Banner) – Oberfeldwebel (During World War II the equivalent to Master Sergeant) Hans Schultz is Klink's inept, clumsy and somewhat dimwitted, yet affable Sergeant of the Guard. ...

Schultz on several occasions is shown to be very disgusted by the war and Hitler's rule, as he mentions how much he preferred having a kaiser rule Germany."

Hogans Heroes did not present the Nazis as sympathetic heroes. If it did, it would never had been made and if it was, it would never have been accepted, because the American viewer did not and would not accept that the Swastika was a harmless symbol.

The Dukes of Hazzard DID present proud Southern Boys as sympathetic heroes. It was made and was widely accepted because the American view did accept the Confederate Battle Flag as a harmless symbol.

This is my point. That flag, until recently was accepted by the nation as a whole as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

And thus attacking Senator Smith for wearing it, is historically ignorant and the act of race baiting asshole.

So, now Neo-Prussians aren't German???????

News to me.

Anyways, why is the Confederacy ranked as so evil, but not the Union?????

They were German, but they were not Nazis.

The Confederacy is ranked as evil because modern libs hate the South.

The Confederacy is ranked evil because if people actually learn about it, they'll realize that the Dems were slaveholders who opposed civil rights for freed slaves during Reconstruction and promoted Jim Crow laws. Now they have created a narrative that Republicans were responsible for the oppression of blacks and must destroy all evidence to the contrary.

not true. nobody denies the original (D)s were the racists.... hence the party of lincoln.

however them thar roles flipped decades ago. do try 'n catch up to the reality of today.

lol, m'k... so then what regional pride does that CONfed flag represent?

2. D'uh.

what did that flag represent, exactly? pride in the region for doing WHAT, exactly?

the american flag has colors, stripes, & stars to signify specific things for a specific reason.

I am proud of being an American, and if you asked me why, I could give many reasons, BUT, the truth is it is because I was raised by my father to be proud of my nation.

This is the land of my Fathers. This is my land. This will be the land of descendants.

you can't answer honestly.

hogan's heroes portrayed nazi's & SS officers as likable & nonthreatening in nature. much like those CONfed flag owners on the dukes of hazzard.

"

Colonel Wilhelm Klink (portrayed by Werner Klemperer) – Kommandant Oberst (Colonel) Wilhelm Klink is an old-line Luftwaffe officer of aristocratic (Junker) Prussian descent. He is shown to be inept, a bit dimwitted, cowardly, and often clueless and rather gullible....

Klink is for the most part portrayed as a vain, muddling, and incompetent career officer rather than as an evil German or ardent Nazi. Many typical scenarios are played out in which Hogan will entangle Klink, as he is easily manipulated by Hogan through a combination of flattery, chicanery, and playing on Klink's fear of being sent to the Russian Front or of being arrested by the Gestapo.

Sergeant Hans Schultz (portrayed by John Banner) – Oberfeldwebel (During World War II the equivalent to Master Sergeant) Hans Schultz is Klink's inept, clumsy and somewhat dimwitted, yet affable Sergeant of the Guard. ...

Schultz on several occasions is shown to be very disgusted by the war and Hitler's rule, as he mentions how much he preferred having a kaiser rule Germany."

News to me.

The Confederacy is ranked evil because if people actually learn about it, they'll realize that the Dems were slaveholders who opposed civil rights for freed slaves during Reconstruction and promoted Jim Crow laws. Now they have created a narrative that Republicans were responsible for the oppression of blacks and must destroy all evidence to the contrary.

not true. nobody denies the original (D)s were the racists.... hence the party of lincoln.

however them thar roles flipped decades ago. do try 'n catch up to the reality of today.

Spin spin spin. The roles have not flipped. The Dems think of blacks as their property, hence the virtual lynching of black conservatives who dare to challenge the Prog orthodoxy.

"

News to me.

When did the roles flip? HInt: Good luck supporting any date you pick, liar.

'Mississippi history at its best!' — GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith wore Confederate cap in Facebook post

When you are in a run-off election down in Mississippi against a black guy, its best to go full Confederate. Personally, I don't care if a republican candidate wants to wrap herself in the confederate flag and opine about how great the Confederacy was -- I just wish someone would tell them that its the Democrats who are the party of the confederacy, duh!

From the article: Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith smilingly posed for a photo in 2014 while wearing a Confederate cap and holding a rifle, then put the image on her Facebook page with the words "Mississippi history at its best!" <<-- Was the confederacy really the time when Mississippi was at its finest? I would assume a significant portion of the population would disagree with that.

"That image, taken at a Mississippi museum, resurfaced Tuesday as AT&T, Leidos and Walmart joined two other companies, Union Pacific and Boston Scientific, in asking Hyde-Smith, a Republican, to return campaign contributions because of controversy over her recent jest about being willing to attend a public "hanging."

Now like I said, its not big deal to me if a republican wants to go full confederate, I would have expected to see the Democrats do it first tho, since they are still the party that most supports the Confederate cause -- however, I fully expect for Hyde-Smith to win her run-off against the former Democrat klan leader, Mike Espy.
trollsdhskfhkdfh.jpg

2. D'uh.

you can't answer honestly.

I just did. Pride is an emotion.

You get someone who says he is proud of his country/region/city because of this specific reason, and they are probably wrong.

"

News to me.

Spin spin spin. The roles have not flipped. The Dems think of blacks as their property, hence the virtual lynching of black conservatives who dare to challenge the Prog orthodoxy.
Lol, comical delusions....

Democrats hate blacks so much they nominated one for president

Republicans adore blacks so much that they still pander to white supremacist neo-nazis and train other self hating blacks to be ok with it...

And the minute one of those blacks speak off code (Michael Steele) -- he is exiled.

Basically all you folks do is self project the shit you have actually done onto others and hope we don't notice....but we do....

News to me.

Republicans adore blacks so much that they still pander to white supremacist neo-nazis and train other self hating blacks to be ok with it...

And the minute one of those blacks speak off code (Michael Steele) -- he is exiled.

Basically all you folks do is self project the shit you have actually done onto others and hope we don't notice....but we do....

Democrats nominated a half white man who, according to Joe Biden:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

The Dems supported him because he would fall in line with the agenda of the Permanent Bureaucracy Fusion Party Status Quo. And he did.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

The Dems supported him because he would fall in line with the agenda of the Permanent Bureaucracy Fusion Party Status Quo. And he did.
Repubs had a chance to nominate Allan Keyes...they didn't even come close.....

Repubs had a chance to nominate Herman Cain -- we saw how that ended...

Repubs had a chance to nominate Ben Carson -- then Trump said about old Ben "You don’t cure a child molester. There’s no cure for it. Pathological, there’s no cure for that" -- and just like that, no more Ben for president.

In fact, Trump seems to really get a boost behind saying baseless shit against black people -- we know how much of a boost being the head cheerleader for the birther movement got him

News to me.

Except that your claim that we pander to white supremacists is a lie and you know it.

Repubs had a chance to nominate Ben Carson -- then Trump said about old Ben "You don’t cure a child molester. There’s no cure for it. Pathological, there’s no cure for that" -- and just like that, no more Ben for president.

In fact, Trump seems to really get a boost behind saying baseless shit against black people -- we know how much of a boost being the head cheerleader for the birther movement got him

Yes, they lost to better campaigners, (except for Cain who was just buried under lib media lies)

That is how those examples "ended".

Nothing wrong with that. (except for Cain, you libs should be ashamed)

"

News to me.

uh-huh. how'de that whole #walkaway thingy work out for ya?

"

News to me.

i would say it started with the voting rights act............. ironically signed into law by LBJ.

you're welcome.

News to me.

i would say it started with the voting rights act............. ironically signed into law by LBJ.

you're welcome.

The voting rights act that 82 per cent of republicans in the House voted for?

Not to much of a flip there.

Want to try again?

Yes, they lost to better campaigners, (except for Cain who was just buried under lib media lies)

Sorry it wasn't libs that made Uncle Cain cheat on his wife.

News to me.

uh-huh. how'de that whole #walkaway thingy work out for ya?

Excellent! The GOP kept the Senate, and Trump can keep appointing judges who grok The Constitution. He can also continue paring down the permanent bureaucracy in the Exec branch.

And yet you support candidates such as hiLIARy who enabled her husband to serially abuse women.

Go figure.

Unsupported accusations. The type of shit you lib monkeys like to throw.

Regardless, it was not racism that undermined his campaign. He was taken down, like so many other good Republican candidates by the vile media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back