Miss. Senator Hyde-Smith Posts Photo Wearing Confederate Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Mississippi history at its best!' — GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith wore Confederate cap in Facebook post

When you are in a run-off election down in Mississippi against a black guy, its best to go full Confederate. Personally, I don't care if a republican candidate wants to wrap herself in the confederate flag and opine about how great the Confederacy was -- I just wish someone would tell them that its the Democrats who are the party of the confederacy, duh!

From the article: Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith smilingly posed for a photo in 2014 while wearing a Confederate cap and holding a rifle, then put the image on her Facebook page with the words "Mississippi history at its best!" <<-- Was the confederacy really the time when Mississippi was at its finest? I would assume a significant portion of the population would disagree with that.

"That image, taken at a Mississippi museum, resurfaced Tuesday as AT&T, Leidos and Walmart joined two other companies, Union Pacific and Boston Scientific, in asking Hyde-Smith, a Republican, to return campaign contributions because of controversy over her recent jest about being willing to attend a public "hanging."

Now like I said, its not big deal to me if a republican wants to go full confederate, I would have expected to see the Democrats do it first tho, since they are still the party that most supports the Confederate cause -- however, I fully expect for Hyde-Smith to win her run-off against the former Democrat klan leader, Mike Espy.

I don't understand why a person who hates America would want to be a senator in our government.

The confederacy hated the union. They went to war against the union to be able to own people as slaves.

To say you believe that the confederacy is Mississippi history at it's finest is a huge load of garbage. The confederacy LOST. I guess that she believes that being losers who want to own people as slaves is Mississippi at it's finest but no decent human being would.

If you fly the flag of people who attacked the United States and killed hundreds of thousands of Americans, you have absolutely no business being in our government at any level.

Anyone who supports that old confederacy or flies their flag is a traitor to the United States of America.

Ask me how I know you are not from, or have ever even been to Mississippi? You're just an indoctrinated lemming. You parrot what they want you to admirably.

:booze:

Trump hasn't abused women. He loves women...sometimes too much.

You're living in a fantasyland.

I am quite grounded in reality. The accusations against Trump consist of women who had consensual relationship that he paid off to stay quiet. That is far different than Bubba and hiLIARy smearing the women Bubba used and abused.

So you think it is perfectly normal for a married man to sleep with other women. You think it's ok for a married man to pay off women he has slept with. The man has multiple lawsuits pending against him, but in your mind he is a standup guy.

I don't care. You loons of the left have lectured us normals for 20 years that sex doesn't matter. Those of us who voted for Trump knew he was a hound dog - AND WE DON'T CARE...as long as he is not abusing subordinate employees at the office. There is no evidence that he has done a Bubba.

So now the party of family values and morality have basically shown that they don't give a damn about any of those values it's a farce. You don't know what he has or hasn't done at this point.

A big part of "family values" is not butting into the family matters of other families. I don't care if Trump had affairs before he became President. He was quite open about his sexual appetites - and bully for him. It would only matter now if it set him up for blackmail, but as he is not falling for their fake shame tactic, I don't see any risk.

And I don't expect humans to be perfect. You, on the other hand, are duped by the fake virtue signaling of your LW Elites who preen in public while treating people abominably in private.

Where is the bitches lips......she looks like an aging smiley face. I would bet my last dollar she puts on lipstick with dental floss

not true. nobody denies the original (D)s were the racists.... hence the party of lincoln.

however them thar roles flipped decades ago. do try 'n catch up to the reality of today.

Spin spin spin. The roles have not flipped. The Dems think of blacks as their property, hence the virtual lynching of black conservatives who dare to challenge the Prog orthodoxy.

uh-huh. how'de that whole #walkaway thingy work out for ya?

Excellent! The GOP kept the Senate, and Trump can keep appointing judges who grok The Constitution. He can also continue paring down the permanent bureaucracy in the Exec branch.

You must be on some powerful shit.

I am. It's called REALITY.

seems to be same shit that donny is on.

The Confederacy is ranked evil because if people actually learn about it, they'll realize that the Dems were slaveholders who opposed civil rights for freed slaves during Reconstruction and promoted Jim Crow laws. Now they have created a narrative that Republicans were responsible for the oppression of blacks and must destroy all evidence to the contrary.

not true. nobody denies the original (D)s were the racists.... hence the party of lincoln.

however them thar roles flipped decades ago. do try 'n catch up to the reality of today.

When did the roles flip? HInt: Good luck supporting any date you pick, liar.

i would say it started with the voting rights act............. ironically signed into law by LBJ.

you're welcome.

The voting rights act that 82 per cent of republicans in the House voted for?

ummm.... ya. because there were still (R)s of that time who were moderates. like i said................ it started around then. you think there was any defining moment? lol......

oh & my point still stands about your dishonesty in not explaining exactly what 'regional pride' the CONfed flag represented, so i'll explain it for you.

regional:

the southern states

pride:

to help identify with a cause

why part 1:

to secede from the union

why part 2:

for the right to own people

See how we came full circle there?

you're welcome again.

1. 82% is not "still plenty of moderates" THe GOP supported that bill by a super majority. That vote does NOT support your intention that the parties flipped and certainly NOT at that time. Try again, or admit that your claim is bullshit.

2. I did answer your question. Pride in a region is general thing, more based on being raised to be proud that due to specific reasons.

3. The "reasons" you give are self serving bullshit, not supported by anything in the real world.

4. and countered by real world examples, such as the Dukes of Hazzard.

5. No one today, wears a Confederate Flag because they want to secede from the Union or own people, you race baiting asshole.

Today’s election is turning into a referendum on what Mississippi wants to be presented today

Hyde Smith embraces the racist history and mocks public lynching

Is this still the soul of Mississippi ?

That's the old hag that recently got into hot water over her "I'd love to go to a lynching with you..." statements the other day.
First, she didn't say lynching you fucking liar.

Secondly, Hillary thinks you blacks all look alike.

Let’s see if Mississippi is ready to enter the 21 st century

Cindy Hyde Smith is a white nationalist. its a shame that Mississippi, where Emmett Till died, where Madger Evers died, would exonerate her

white working class people have more in common with black people than the white people who rule over them

Cindy Hyde Smith is a white nationalist. its a shame that Mississippi, where Emmett Till died, where Madger Evers died, would exonerate her

white working class people have more in common with black people than the white people who rule over them
Hyde Smith is part of the old school, wink,wink....keep the darkies in their place Mississippi

Make your red meat statements and then fake outrage when accused of racism

Wearing a cap with a confederate flag on it, is not a reason to call someone a White Supremacist, you race baiting asshole.
After all, they're only wearing the flag of the army which fought to preserve a government based on the inferiority of the black man. Nothing to see here, move along.

Wearing a cap with a confederate flag on it, is not a reason to call someone a White Supremacist, you race baiting asshole.
After all, they're only wearing the flag of the army which fought to preserve a government based on the inferiority of the black man. Nothing to see here, move along.

Your pretense that you missed out on the last 170 years of history is dismissed.

The Dukes of Hazzard DID present proud Southern Boys as sympathetic heroes.
Proud Boys, fer shure.

That is a hug non sequitur.

My point stands. THe Duke Boys as sympathetic heroes would not have been accepted by the viewers, if the Confederate Flag had not long ago been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

It is a simple point. ONe you libs disagree with, yet can't seem to directly address.

I am proud of being an American, and if you asked me why, I could give many reasons, BUT, the truth is it is because I was raised by my father to be proud of my nation.
So, you're proud because you're proud. Not unexpected.

I am proud of being an American, and if you asked me why, I could give many reasons, BUT, the truth is it is because I was raised by my father to be proud of my nation.
So, you're proud because you're proud. Not unexpected.

You could spin it that way, if you were motivated to do so.

Or you could invent made up bullshit and Evul reasons for my pride, like some of the other lib posters have done for Smith and/or the Duke Boys.

Or you could just accept an emotional feeling as it is, without being a dick about it.

The voting rights act that 82 per cent of republicans in the House voted for?
You mean Northerners, Not Southerners?

I mean what I said, republicans.

The claim was that this was when the parties flipped.

The gop voted almost in a bloc, in support of the bill.

The claim that this is where the GOP became the part of "racism" fails. UTTERLY.

It is interesting to note that Democrats from northern states voted overwhelmingly for the bill, 141 to 4, while Democrats from southern states voted overwhelmingly against the bill, 92 to 11."
Google Answers: Voting record for the Civil Rights Act

roll-call-m.jpg

Roll Call Vote Tally on S. 1564, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, May 26, 1965

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back