Miss. Senator Hyde-Smith Posts Photo Wearing Confederate Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since its founding in the late 1820s, the Democratic Party has defended slavery, started the Civil War, and opposed Reconstruction. The Democratic Party imposed segregation. Its members engaged in the lynchings of blacks and opposed the civil rights acts of the 1950s and ’60s.

During Reconstruction, hundreds of black men were elected to Southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the U.S. Congress by 1900.

A FEW DECADES LATER, THE ONLY SERIOUS CONGRESSIONAL OPPOSITION TO THE LANDMARK CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964 CAME FROM DEMOCRATS.
Eighty percent of Republicans in the House of Representatives supported the bill. Less than 70 percent of Democrats did.

The Democratic Party did not elect a black man to Congress until 1935.

I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain
In the last hundred years, republicans have only elected eight blacks to Congress, governors or the White House

Today they have just one
Democrats are inbred racists who measure their success based on racial quotas of their preferred race of the day.
The KKK belongs to the Republican Party
Hillary and Robert Byrd will be surprised to hear it.

Since its founding in the late 1820s, the Democratic Party has defended slavery, started the Civil War, and opposed Reconstruction. The Democratic Party imposed segregation. Its members engaged in the lynchings of blacks and opposed the civil rights acts of the 1950s and ’60s.

During Reconstruction, hundreds of black men were elected to Southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the U.S. Congress by 1900.

A FEW DECADES LATER, THE ONLY SERIOUS CONGRESSIONAL OPPOSITION TO THE LANDMARK CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964 CAME FROM DEMOCRATS.
Eighty percent of Republicans in the House of Representatives supported the bill. Less than 70 percent of Democrats did.

In the last hundred years, republicans have only elected eight blacks to Congress, governors or the White House

Today they have just one
Democrats are inbred racists who measure their success based on racial quotas of their preferred race of the day.
Nice diversion

How dare you notice that we do not elect blacks!
Only racists care about race, punkin.

noooooooooooooo.............. what i said was that was the start of it. get it right, cartoon boy.

By supporting a civil rights bill by a far larger margin than the dems?

Explain that, very detailed and slowly.

With small words and concise sentences.

wtf is wrong with you?

can't you understand the simplest of terms?

nothing ever goes from A-Z without steps in between.

or in this case (D)s & (R)s being the inclusive vs the exclusive parties. race.... gender equality......gender identity..... religious identity..... or no religious identity................

too many words for you in that last one? too fucking bad.

my

point

stands.

And the act of supporting the Voting RIghts BIll by a higher per centage than the dems, (although BOTH with strong support), is becoming "exclusive" how?

then vs now..... you seem to keep forgetting that. & that is the point.

which mine still stands.

stupid.

You are the one linking then to now, and you are not explaining how that vote, where the republicans voted by 82% for the bill, led to your claim of parties supposedly flipping on race.

I'm fine with the example given. It shows the overall national consensus on equality for blacks that I say has existed since that time period.

You are the one that claims it shows the start of the GOP becoming supposedly "racist".

But you are not explaining HOW it does that, nor how that led to the alleged "flip".

If you can't explain the links in your chain of reasoning, consider that that might be because there is a huge fucking hole in it,

ie it is wrong.

nope - there's just a hole in your head, cartoon boy. what happened to the voting rights act 'eh? why was it gutted in 2016? & who gutted it?

' how does espy fit in mississippi? ' hmmmm.............

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............. i said it was the beginning. AND goddamn it- i've told you many MANY times, i am a she NOT a he. you can't retain anything for very long, can you............

You seem so much like a standard lib "man". My confusion on the subject is completely understandable.

no it's not - not when i've told you more times than i can count. you're just stupid.

Yeah, it is. You don't see it. Maybe you dont' know enough real men to see the contrast?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm married to a fucking Marine. & have been for 33 years.

you might as well be wearing pink undies.

Well, I can't explain your missing it then.

you can't explain much at all with reality based cohesiveness.

I mean what I said, republicans.
Northerners. Southerners of both parties voted overwhelmingly against it. Southern Pride, don't you know...

THe claim was made that this is when the parties switched. THe voting record does not support that view.

The GOP gave the bill massive support at a higher rate than the dems did.

How many Southern Republicans voted for it?

How many Northern Democrats voted for it?

Northerners. Southerners of both parties voted overwhelmingly against it. Southern Pride, don't you know...

THe claim was made that this is when the parties switched. THe voting record does not support that view.

Democrats were your masters in the past as they are today. Can you name one, just one, Republican slave owner?

I thought not.

Democrats were your masters in the past as they are today. Can you name one, just one, Republican slave owner?

I thought not.

Surely you just, right.

Today they have just one
Hillary has nothing to do with the KKK
Byrd is long dead

We are talking about TODAYS Republicans

I thought not.
Ulysses S Grant

I thought not.

Surely you just, right.
Sorry. I don't get ebonics.

I thought not.
Ulysses S Grant
That was when he was a Democrat. Try again.

Today they have just one
Byrd is long dead

ya...... well......BENGHAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !

Today they have just one
Nice diversion

What a ridiculous post

Today they have just one
Byrd is long dead

Emails bro! :)

Byrd is long dead

not since ivanka screwed up.... but there's always uranium one.............

Byrd is long dead

Good. You can use emails as a campaign issue when Ivanka runs for office. Fair is fair.

Byrd is long dead

Good. You can use emails as a campaign issue when Ivanka runs for office. Fair is fair.
Lock her up

Byrd is long dead

ivanka is too busy being FLOTUS to run for office.

Today they have just one
Byrd is long dead

Hillary is Byrd's protege. You ran her for prez last cycle.

She got smoked.

Today they have just one
Nice diversion

What a ridiculous post
Loser's Lament. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back