Miss. Senator Hyde-Smith Posts Photo Wearing Confederate Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it time

Those symbols of oppression will soon be gone
How can you argue that they are not symbols of self-defense ? If soldiers traveled hundreds of miles to you hometown and were shooting at you, blowing up your buildings, burning down your churches, what would you do ? Nothing ? Say thank you ?
It was a society formed to ensure the continuation of slavery

No, it was a government formed to ensure the continuation of slavery.

That government was defeated and is a long dead issue.

It is telling that you made such a mistake.
And the flag symbolizing that government lives on in the hearts of racists everywhere

No, it does not.

This flag was the first national flag of the Confederacy, and I never see it anywhere.

810px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281861%E2%80%931863%29.svg.png

You are an ignorant moron.
Unsuitable for battle
Looked too much like the US flag

Racists were never fond of it. They liked the battle flag

You should know klan boy

How can you argue that they are not symbols of self-defense ? If soldiers traveled hundreds of miles to you hometown and were shooting at you, blowing up your buildings, burning down your churches, what would you do ? Nothing ? Say thank you ?

And the flag symbolizing that government lives on in the hearts of racists everywhere

No, it does not.

This flag was the first national flag of the Confederacy, and I never see it anywhere.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

Abraham Lincoln said he'd deport every Negro to save the Union.

So much for the claim he was like you, some sort of anti-Racist ANTIFA minded guy.

The Confederacy was probably hardly, if at all more racist.

Remember they supported the Blacks to be here for profits, the Confederate types bought Blacks here, to begin with.

More like Capitalist scumbags, rather than White supremacists, if you ask me.

Give it time

Eh, sometimes the Confederate flag symbolizes Southern pride, not necessarily White pride.

No, it does not.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

I don't know any of that.

That was the flag of the Government "founded to ensure the survival of slavery".

If Southerns wanted to show commitment to that idea, that would be a fine symbol to be flying.

Instead they choose a Battle Flag, focusing away from policies and more on battle field heroics.

YOur words make no sense.

Also, fuck you for your name calling.

The Confederate Flag has long been seen as a harmless symbol of regional pride.
Except to black pandering Democrats who insist it go away, But what do they do about their own state flag ? >>
th

And the name of their University of Mississippi >

th

th
Give it time

The Northern bankers, cotton traders, and textile mills, supported Black slavery too.

The big bucks pumped into the South came from Northern bankers, particularly the Jewish Lehman Brothers.

So, yeah it's pretty hypocritical, none the less I don't support slavery.

But, there was back in the day not enough money to give everybody higher wages, the production was too low, because the Industrial Revolution was still at it's infancy.

No, it does not.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

So much for the claim he was like you, some sort of anti-Racist ANTIFA minded guy.

Remember they supported the Blacks to be here for profits, the Confederate types bought Blacks here, to begin with.

Link

No, it does not.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

Link

Are you serious? The games Lincoln played with rhetoric and politics are well known.

The Confederacy has long since morphed from a partisan political issue to a general regional pride.

As you should well know.

fb57aacb.jpg
I remember plenty of episodes of the Dukes Of Hazzard where they opined about how blacks don't know their place since that tyrant Lincoln signed that dag-nabit Emancipation thingy

The more you idiots keep trying to pretend your party is the party where most white supremacists feel at home, the more pathetic your deflections will become

There were no such episodes. YOu are lying.

The few white supremacists have no home in the American political scene. There has been national unity on equal rights for blacks since the late 60s, when the dems finally gave up on Jim Crow.

My god you people are clueless -- the dukes of hazard was a hollywood show about a fictional place in the south -- it had ZERO to do with reality --- because during the same time period of that show -- people were still being lynched by the KKK -- right down there in Dukes Of Hazzard country....

And as much you keep trying to say "the few white supremacists" it is shit you tell yourself to make you feel better -- there are enough white supremacists for the republican party to keep pandering to them

and there was not national unity on equal rights in the 60's you idiot.....

1. The Dukes of Hazzard was a fictional tv show. ONe which became a NATIONWIDE hit, despite the fact that the main characters were proud southern boys, with a Confederate Flag painted on the top of their car, which they named the General Lee.

The fact that this show was popular OUTSIDE of the South, proves my point that historically the flag has been seen as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

2. The Dukes of Hazzard was not a period piece. It was set in the 80s. "lynching" was a vanishing rarity by that time.

3. No sane person would claim that the GOP panders to white supremacists.
Them Duke boys yearned for the days they could keep negroes as slaves

If they caught Daisy dating a negro they would lynch him

You're a dumb-@$$ of biblical proportions.

My Polish American father was a History teacher, and he admits the South got a ton of financing, and support from Northern bankers, and traders.

This is pretty basic knowledge, too bad you know nothing.

As for "Owning Negroes" they did so as a business, generally.

You don't import Negroes into your country because you hate them, you do so because of profit margins... Duh.

Illegal Mexicans today fill in a similar niche.

No, it does not.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

Link

Lehman Brothers Admits Past Ties to Slavery

Lincoln the Devil

Tracing Center | Northern Involvement in the Slave Trade

Do you ever get tired of getting smacked around on this forum???

Except to black pandering Democrats who insist it go away, But what do they do about their own state flag ? >>
th

th

th
Give it time

The Northern bankers, cotton traders, and textile mills, supported Black slavery too.

The big bucks pumped into the South came from Northern bankers, particularly the Jewish Lehman Brothers.

But, there was back in the day not enough money to give everybody higher wages, the production was too low, because the Industrial Revolution was still at it's infancy.
Plenty of money to be made off of big cotton and no, it was not the Jews, it was international

Blacks could have been paid a living wage but they were too greedy

'Mississippi history at its best!' — GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith wore Confederate cap in Facebook post

When you are in a run-off election down in Mississippi against a black guy, its best to go full Confederate. Personally, I don't care if a republican candidate wants to wrap herself in the confederate flag and opine about how great the Confederacy was -- I just wish someone would tell them that its the Democrats who are the party of the confederacy, duh!

From the article: Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith smilingly posed for a photo in 2014 while wearing a Confederate cap and holding a rifle, then put the image on her Facebook page with the words "Mississippi history at its best!" <<-- Was the confederacy really the time when Mississippi was at its finest? I would assume a significant portion of the population would disagree with that.

"That image, taken at a Mississippi museum, resurfaced Tuesday as AT&T, Leidos and Walmart joined two other companies, Union Pacific and Boston Scientific, in asking Hyde-Smith, a Republican, to return campaign contributions because of controversy over her recent jest about being willing to attend a public "hanging."

Now like I said, its not big deal to me if a republican wants to go full confederate, I would have expected to see the Democrats do it first tho, since they are still the party that most supports the Confederate cause -- however, I fully expect for Hyde-Smith to win her run-off against the former Democrat klan leader, Mike Espy.

The Confederacy has long since morphed from a partisan political issue to a general regional pride.

As you should well know.

fb57aacb.jpg
I remember plenty of episodes of the Dukes Of Hazzard where they opined about how blacks don't know their place since that tyrant Lincoln signed that dag-nabit Emancipation thingy

The more you idiots keep trying to pretend your party is the party where most white supremacists feel at home, the more pathetic your deflections will become

The few white supremacists have no home in the American political scene. There has been national unity on equal rights for blacks since the late 60s, when the dems finally gave up on Jim Crow.

My god you people are clueless -- the dukes of hazard was a hollywood show about a fictional place in the south -- it had ZERO to do with reality --- because during the same time period of that show -- people were still being lynched by the KKK -- right down there in Dukes Of Hazzard country....

And as much you keep trying to say "the few white supremacists" it is shit you tell yourself to make you feel better -- there are enough white supremacists for the republican party to keep pandering to them

Abe Lincoln's Civil War, caused 40 thousand Black deaths in 4 years, Lynching's caused 4 thousand Black deaths in 80 years.

Why is one such a hero, and the other such a villain??????

Not that I support, either, but let's at least be logical, and make some sort of sense, no????

No, it does not.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

Link

Lincoln the Devil

Fail

Show where Lincoln said he would deport every Negro to save the union

th

th

th
Give it time

Plenty of money to be made off of big cotton and no, it was not the Jews, it was international

Blacks could have been paid a living wage but they were too greedy

I didn't just blame Jews "ONLY" but the Jewish Lehman brothers were big financiers of the Cotton trade AKA Slavery in the South.

Of course, many groups including even some Blacks, were involved in slavery.

Did you know freed Blacks owned Black slaves at a similar rate to that of Whites in the U.S.A????

Among the earliest recorded slave traders in this country's territory, was Anthony Johnson a Black man.

But, I suppose only one group is to blame, the Southern Confederate types.

Never mind that Brazil took in as much as 10X more slaves from Africa, than the entire U.S.A, had.

'Mississippi history at its best!' — GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith wore Confederate cap in Facebook post

When you are in a run-off election down in Mississippi against a black guy, its best to go full Confederate. Personally, I don't care if a republican candidate wants to wrap herself in the confederate flag and opine about how great the Confederacy was -- I just wish someone would tell them that its the Democrats who are the party of the confederacy, duh!

From the article: Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith smilingly posed for a photo in 2014 while wearing a Confederate cap and holding a rifle, then put the image on her Facebook page with the words "Mississippi history at its best!" <<-- Was the confederacy really the time when Mississippi was at its finest? I would assume a significant portion of the population would disagree with that.

"That image, taken at a Mississippi museum, resurfaced Tuesday as AT&T, Leidos and Walmart joined two other companies, Union Pacific and Boston Scientific, in asking Hyde-Smith, a Republican, to return campaign contributions because of controversy over her recent jest about being willing to attend a public "hanging."

Now like I said, its not big deal to me if a republican wants to go full confederate, I would have expected to see the Democrats do it first tho, since they are still the party that most supports the Confederate cause -- however, I fully expect for Hyde-Smith to win her run-off against the former Democrat klan leader, Mike Espy.

As you should well know.

fb57aacb.jpg

Abe Lincoln's Civil War, caused 40 thousand Black deaths in 4 years, Lynching's caused 4 thousand Black deaths in 80 years.

Not that I support, either, but let's at least be logical, and make some sort of sense, no????
600,000 white deaths because racists were afraid to give up owning other people

Lynching came about because they were unwilling to give up their superior position

No, it does not.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

Link

Lincoln the Devil

Fail

No, it does not.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

Link

Lincoln the Devil

Fail

Waiting for slavery to die naturally worked for Lincoln because it preserved the Union. Like the Founders, Lincoln believed that the existence of the United States was crucial to the quotient of good in the world. Lincoln believed he was obligated to live with slavery on this basis, waiting for it to die on its own. He also didn’t know how black people could be integrated into white American society. He did not believe black and white people could live peacefully together, not after hundreds of years of slavery had driven them so far apart. Lincoln felt that black people would never be given their full rights as Americans, and that black people could never really forgive whites for enslaving them. He knew that there was no point in “[freeing black Americans] and [keeping] them among us as underlings.” Therefore, he decided the only solution, once slavery ended naturally, was to send all the black people in America “back” to Africa, “their own native land.” This despite the fact that America was their own native land.

Lincoln, Slavery, and Racism

As you should well know.

fb57aacb.jpg

600,000 white deaths because racists were afraid to give up owning other people

Lynching came about because they were unwilling to give up their superior position

The North was also largely racist too, basically everybody was racist until the 1950's. (With only few outliers as a fringe population)

I don't know how you figure importing Blacks in your country to pick cotton is somehow NOT a business, but rather is "Racist only"

But, somehow importing illegal Mexicans in your country to pick fruits, is somehow A business, but rather to oppose such is "Racist only"

Be consistent, or else you come off as a stupid hypocrite.

th

th

th
Give it time

Your ANTIFA types should thank Nazis, and Confederates.

I mean there was not ANTIFA, before you, and your ilk started kicking, and screaming Nazi, Confederate, to create a massive Liberal backlash.

Where's the thanks?????????

The modern stupidity society, you support was made possible because of mostly Nazis, but I suppose you are oblivious, as usual.

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

Link

Lincoln the Devil

Fail

Unsuitable for battle

You should know klan boy

Link

Lincoln the Devil

Fail

Waiting for slavery to die naturally worked for Lincoln because it preserved the Union. Like the Founders, Lincoln believed that the existence of the United States was crucial to the quotient of good in the world. Lincoln believed he was obligated to live with slavery on this basis, waiting for it to die on its own. He also didn’t know how black people could be integrated into white American society. He did not believe black and white people could live peacefully together, not after hundreds of years of slavery had driven them so far apart. Lincoln felt that black people would never be given their full rights as Americans, and that black people could never really forgive whites for enslaving them. He knew that there was no point in “[freeing black Americans] and [keeping] them among us as underlings.” Therefore, he decided the only solution, once slavery ended naturally, was to send all the black people in America “back” to Africa, “their own native land.” This despite the fact that America was their own native land.

Lincoln, Slavery, and Racism
Lincoln investigated whether setting up a seperate nation was feasible
He never advocated deporting all blacks free and slave to another nation

th

th

th
Give it time

Your ANTIFA types should thank Nazis, and Confederates.

I mean there was not ANTIFA, before you, and your ilk started kicking, and screaming Nazi, Confederate, to create a massive Liberal backlash.

Where's the thanks?????????

The modern stupidity society, you support was made possible because of mostly Nazis, but I suppose you are oblivious, as usual.
LOL at the rights obsession with Antifa

It is a tiny movement with no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back