🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi pass most anti-LGBT bill to date

OOooo! ;living large in Mississippi must be like being the smartest guy in the audience at a professional wrestling match.
It means living in a nice house and having very few libtards around telling you what to think.
Or until the next crop of hillbillies moves in next door, put a '74 Torino up on blocks, tie a pit bull to the bumper and burn their trash in a 55 gallon drum.
You got your education from Dukes of Hazard.
I don't know what that is. But I know places that resist zoning regulations and I see what happens.
I see what happens in Detroit, Chicago and Baltimore.
Mississippi have a big urban population too?

It claims that the law could see a woman fired from her job for wearing trousers, a counsellor on a suicide line refuse to speak to an LGBT teenager or even an adoption agency refuse to place a child with a family because the parents lived together before they were married.

This is lunacy on a majestic scale.Is the South so far behind the civilised world ?

Honestly, if I were you I would relax. The war is going very well for their side. You have won almost all the battles since the 60s. This mississippi thing is but a very minor and temporary irritant that will get overruled. Just like when 30 out of 30 states all voted against gay marriage in referendums not more than 10 years ago. It wasn't long before our courts took over and righted that "wrong."

Secularism rules. Perversion rules. Christians have become pariahs and their beliefs are roundly mocked and ostracized.

Our only chance of prevailing or gaining any ground is if our "hunch" about Jesus returning comes true.

Theocracies dont have a great track record.

It strikes me that the injured Christian defence has been used before.

Wasnt slavery defended by the Baptists using citations from the bible ? Eventually they had to admit that they were wrong.

Now its the turn of Gay people because ,lets face it,ignorant people have to hate somebody.

Again a couple of passages in the Bible are used to support this.

Its a nonsense. The Bible has a stance on just about everything. And yet its the Gays who are the target.

Why is there is no law to enable the baker to refuse service to the car thief ?

Or the Buddhist or Muslim or Hindu. How do followers of a "False God" rank in front of Christian Gays ?

How does the straight drug dealer get more respect than the Gay heart surgeon ?

In my view its very straightforward.

Its because there is a dwindling group of people who are uncomfortable with change and also have an unhealthy attitude to sex.

They select passages from the
scriptures to back up their sickness and use it to oppress all of us.

Do you hate Muslims as much as, "Baptists"?

It claims that the law could see a woman fired from her job for wearing trousers, a counsellor on a suicide line refuse to speak to an LGBT teenager or even an adoption agency refuse to place a child with a family because the parents lived together before they were married.

This is lunacy on a majestic scale.Is the South so far behind the civilised world ?
what is wrong with mississippi.?
i dont anything about usa state. but i watched most holywood movie. most of racist thing or anti...... did happen in mississippi.
It's a poor state is and reknown for being "backwards".
Why is it poor ?

Because it has more black people than any other state.

It means living in a nice house and having very few libtards around telling you what to think.
Or until the next crop of hillbillies moves in next door, put a '74 Torino up on blocks, tie a pit bull to the bumper and burn their trash in a 55 gallon drum.
You got your education from Dukes of Hazard.
I don't know what that is. But I know places that resist zoning regulations and I see what happens.
I see what happens in Detroit, Chicago and Baltimore.
Mississippi have a big urban population too?
Nope. That's the point.

This can easily bring back something t hat I had personal experience with.

In the 80s, there was a decision to add AIDS education to the Alabama public school curriculum. I applaud that. There was nothing pro or con about homosexuality. But, apparently, the powers that be foresaw a specific question being asked. A female student at the high school in Tuscaloosa asked "I heard you can't get AIDS from oral sex. Is that true"? The only answer the teacher was allowed to give when asked any question about oral sex was "Oral sex is illegal in the state of Alabama". So this naive young woman walked out thinking she was "safe" from HIV is she only performed oral sex.
It looks more like adding AIds education to the public school curriculum was a really bad idea.

Right. No need to teach kids anything about a lethal, incurable disease that they can get from what their teenage hormones are making them obsess over, right?

Not in school. It's disease. Get your medical advice from a doctor not a teacher.

So let kids die because they may not ask a doctor? Or even see a doctor? Great idea.

In the 80s, there was a decision to add AIDS education to the Alabama public school curriculum. I applaud that. There was nothing pro or con about homosexuality. But, apparently, the powers that be foresaw a specific question being asked. A female student at the high school in Tuscaloosa asked "I heard you can't get AIDS from oral sex. Is that true"? The only answer the teacher was allowed to give when asked any question about oral sex was "Oral sex is illegal in the state of Alabama". So this naive young woman walked out thinking she was "safe" from HIV is she only performed oral sex.
It looks more like adding AIds education to the public school curriculum was a really bad idea.

Right. No need to teach kids anything about a lethal, incurable disease that they can get from what their teenage hormones are making them obsess over, right?

Not in school. It's disease. Get your medical advice from a doctor not a teacher.

In other words, don't worry about kids getting AIDS. Let them be ignorant and hope for the best.
Has there been some law prohibiting parents from discussing AIDS with their children? It doesn't belong in school.

It belongs where ever we can get the info to kids before they become sexually active. Your prudishness should not cost kids their lives.

What Tommy and PinkNews seem unable to fathom is that even people who don't celebrate everything LGBT have rights too. In essence, this bill protects the right to not jump for joy every time someone waves their genitals around in unique and nontraditional ways.

This bill goes way beyond that. Advocating that sex is only proper between a man and a woman who are married is not only discriminatory, it is the state getting involved where they have no business being.
No. The bill seeks to not punish those who don't agree that anything goes in terms of who can marry who. If bakers hadn't been punished for not wanting to bake cakes for same sex weddings and preachers not been called out for daring to quote scripture, this bill would not have been necessary.

And a state gov't calling all sex outside a heterosexual marriage "improper" is not even close to what a state should be doing.
Where do you get that? The bill protects people's right to believe heterosexual marriage is the only marriage there is and not be punished for that belief.

If the state advocates that only sex between married people is proper, by definition, it is calling all other sex improper.
Incorrect. The state "advocates" for the rights of ALL people to have beliefs about marriage- yes, even if they don't agree with the LGBT version. How you can have a problem with all people being allowed to believe as they wish without punishment is perplexing.

In other words, don't worry about kids getting AIDS. Let them be ignorant and hope for the best.
Has there been some law prohibiting parents from discussing AIDS with their children? It doesn't belong in school.

It belongs where ever we can get the info to kids before they become sexually active. Your prudishness should not cost kids their lives.
Health: Underage sex campaigner Victoria Gillick
Victoria Gillick was Britains greatest campaigner against sex education. Her daughter got pregnant whist still at school.

Incorrect. The state "advocates" for the rights of ALL people to have beliefs about marriage- yes, even if they don't agree with the LGBT version. How you can have a problem with all people being allowed to believe as they wish without punishment is perplexing.
Here's a little statistic that might help Mississippi concerning the word "ALL"..

90% is pretty impressive. One has to deduce logically that the people who voted "important" in this poll are capable of reasoning that "gay marriage" deprives children of either a mother or father for life... Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

So let kids die because they may not ask a doctor? Or even see a doctor? Great idea.
Plenty of kids die because parents don't want to take children to the doctor. That does not mean that a teacher is qualified or even should discuss medical issues with children. Teachers are not diagnosticians. If the teacher discusses butt fucking with your son and he gets AIDS are you going to sue the teacher for medical malpractice?

Here's a little statistic that might help Mississippi concerning the word "ALL"..

90% is pretty impressive. One has to deduce logically that the people who voted "important" in this poll are capable of reasoning that "gay marriage" deprives children of either a mother or father for life... Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?
Seriously mate............................that is the weakest argument I have ever seen. I would delete it and save yourself from mockery.

For one, it's an agricultural state relying on cotton and chicken. It has the lowest per capita income of any of the 50 US states.
Except you can live large in Mississippi on $50k a year. In NYC you'll be sharing a studio apt.
Yeah, but who wants to "live large" in Mississippi?
There is actually an Opera Society in Jackson and they put on three or four shows a year. Its "Carmen" in April. What the assembled brethren will make of it is unclear.
Its pretty racy stuff but the slut gets it in the end which is perhaps the strong moral message needed.

For one, it's an agricultural state relying on cotton and chicken. It has the lowest per capita income of any of the 50 US states.
Except you can live large in Mississippi on $50k a year. In NYC you'll be sharing a studio apt.
Yeah, but who wants to "live large" in Mississippi?
There is actually an Opera Society in Jackson and they put on three or four shows a year. Its "Carmen" in April. What the assembled brethren will make of it is unclear.
Its pretty racy stuff but the slut gets it in the end which is perhaps the strong moral message needed.
Considering the OP about how homophobic Mississippi is they won't have the benefit of gays moving into the neighborhood and gentrifying it.

Honestly, if I were you I would relax. The war is going very well for their side. You have won almost all the battles since the 60s. This mississippi thing is but a very minor and temporary irritant that will get overruled. Just like when 30 out of 30 states all voted against gay marriage in referendums not more than 10 years ago. It wasn't long before our courts took over and righted that "wrong."

Secularism rules. Perversion rules. Christians have become pariahs and their beliefs are roundly mocked and ostracized.

Our only chance of prevailing or gaining any ground is if our "hunch" about Jesus returning comes true.

Wasnt slavery defended by the Baptists using citations from the bible ? Eventually they had to admit that they were wrong.

Now its the turn of Gay people because ,lets face it,ignorant people have to hate somebody.

Again a couple of passages in the Bible are used to support this.

Its a nonsense. The Bible has a stance on just about everything. And yet its the Gays who are the target.

Or the Buddhist or Muslim or Hindu. How do followers of a "False God" rank in front of Christian Gays ?

How does the straight drug dealer get more respect than the Gay heart surgeon ?

In my view its very straightforward.

Its because there is a dwindling group of people who are uncomfortable with change and also have an unhealthy attitude to sex.

They select passages from the scriptures to back up their sickness and use it to oppress all of us.

So, no one is asking for a theocracy or even discussing one.

Well, whatever. I don’t know what you are talking about.

Admit it to who? To the greater Christian movement that was the main force trying to route out slavery. I am not conceding Baptists were this element you are accusing them of, it does not matter. But I love how the modern day unbelievers love to judge and indict Christians of centuries ago for not living their lives of a 21st century denizen of this planet. Of course those passing judgment on ancient Christians do not ever consider what the heathens were doing back then, and how nations were dealing with adversities, etc. It’s all this new age ethics should have all been known then and no other elements may have dictated how life was lived. It’s really lame, imo, to have to keep hearing that as their main argument.

Not sure how much time I can spend addressing your stupidity.

Again a couple of passages in the Bible are used to support this.Its a nonsense. The Bible has a stance on just about everything. And yet its the Gays who are the target.

What passage did I use? You are the one who needs to put words in our mouths to make your own case look better. Lame. I may very well provide evidence for God and from that provide evidence for the Catholic Church as God’s representative here on earth. Now if you can refute my evidence for God, then you may have some merit. But I am not worried about that.

It is your side who is more interested in punishing and routing out Christians than you are in making sure a gay person can get a cake baked at any bakery of his choice. After all, if that was your push, then you would have the courage to go harass Muslim bakeries. But you don’t. You and/or this gay movement want to destroy Christianity and the one true God --- that is your mission – because Christianity makes you all so uncomfortable and you just will not have your egos and your pleasures challenged.

I do not think you are ready as a student to listen fairly to an answer. But if you insist I will provide one.

How does the straight drug dealer get more respect than the Gay heart surgeon ? In my view its very straightforward. It’s because there is a dwindling group of people who are uncomfortable with change and also have an unhealthy attitude to sex. They select passages from the scriptures to back up their sickness and use it to oppress all of us.

No, that is not it at all. The fact the “group” may be “dwindling” provides not even an iota of greater evidence for your case. Ok? The vast majority of people do not believe in purgatory either, that is hardly going to make any impression on Catholic teaching.

So what was your next point?... oh, that we have an “unhealthy” attitude toward sex. Oh, yes. According to who? According to all those who want to have their sex served as they demand and without any consequence or repercussions for it. Well, that sounds convenient. Look, I already told you --- our understanding come from knowing there is extremely well documented empirical evidence for the Judeo-Christian God. And His messages have been given in a myriad of ways, none so strong as what the Catholic Church teaches and what the saints have revealed. And the saints have provided amazing signs and wonders to validate their words. So there is no need for us to look any further than to know 1) legalized abortion is very wrong and sinful, and 2) gay marriage is wrong and a pox on society. We as a society shall pay dearly for telling God --- “yes, we hear you God, we are simply not interested in what you want of us.”

Forum List

Back