🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Missouri executes brain damaged cop-killer Cecil Clayton

We don't have to kill anybody. It's cheaper to lock them up forever than it is to kill them, and we wouldn't have to worry about a questionable execution.
A bullet costs .50 cents, ropes are reusable. Try again.

We don't have to kill anybody. It's cheaper to lock them up forever than it is to kill them, and we wouldn't have to worry about a questionable execution.

A sane person would know that is a really dumb statement. The cost of an execution is not determined by the cost of a bullet or a rope, or any other specific method of execution.

A sane person would know that is a really dumb statement. The cost of an execution is not determined by the cost of a bullet or a rope, or any other specific method of execution.
...but it could be.

i cannot agree here.....one has to have compassion....his brain was basically destroyed by a frontal lobotomy it does not matter that it was accidental it is what it is....i just cannot see executing the brain damaged....but then again you have those expert witnesses who can make anyone fit the brain damaged profile

seems like serving that many years on death row and death not coming is a torture in itself...

Then he should've been locked in a mental hospital for life. That dead cop could have been any person who angered this lunatic.

If hes free to roam society...then society's laws and consequences apply.

If you're so brain-damaged you're a threat to yourself or others you should be locked away. If you actually murder someone you should be executed. Really very simple.

If "life in prison" actually meant "life in prison" I think the majority of Americans would be willing to give up the death penalty.
Unfortunately, we have a long history of murderers who were originally given life sentences, allowed to be paroled well before they actually die.

If "life in prison" actually meant "life in prison" I think the majority of Americans would be willing to give up the death penalty.
Unfortunately, we have a long history of murderers who were originally given life sentences, allowed to be paroled well before they actually die.
...and went on to murder again.

True.....We also have a history of killing people and later finding out they were innocent. Neither scenario is acceptable, but killing innocent people is not one of the principals the founding fathers were hoping for.

True.....We also have a history of killing people and later finding out they were innocent. Neither scenario is acceptable, but killing innocent people is not one of the principals the founding fathers were hoping for.

Can you quote one in recent (last few decades) memory? And not just "he may have been innocent" 100% cleared.

And there is something unsettling about the guy getting 3 hots and a cot for the rest of his life. We may find the concept of imprisonment abhorrent, but to some people its just the way it is.

Can you quote one in recent (last few decades) memory? And not just "he may have been innocent" 100% cleared.

Cameron Todd Willingham, Louisiana. He was convicted on totally-bogus evidence of a crime that almost certainly just didn't happen.

The FBI in Boston railroaded four people to death row...they KNEW they were innocent, because the real killer was one of their stool pigeons. The only reason none were executed (though two dies in prison) was the Furman decision by the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

I don't look at the possibility of taking an innocent life as trivial. It's not surprising that right wingers do.

And there is something unsettling about the guy getting 3 hots and a cot for the rest of his life. We may find the concept of imprisonment abhorrent, but to some people its just the way it is.

I suppose there are some white collar prisons where a late start on the tennis court is about the worst they have to deal with. The majority of prisons aren't the enjoyable places you seam to think they are.

Cameron Todd Willingham, Louisiana.

The FBI in Boston railroaded four people to death row...they KNEW they were innocent, because the real killer was one of their stool pigeons. The only reason none were executed (though two dies in prison) was the Furman decision by the Supreme Court.

Again, I read a lot of supposition of presumption of innocence, and nothing that clears him.

I don't look at the possibility of taking an innocent life as trivial. It's not surprising that right wingers do.

years and years of appeals and reviews is "trivial"?

Some criminals just deserve to die.

I suppose there are some white collar prisons where a late start on the tennis court is about the worst they have to deal with. The majority of prisons aren't the enjoyable places you seam to think they are.

Again you look at it from your point of view. For some people it may not be a bad deal.

Missouri executed 74-year-old convicted cop-killer Cecil Clayton on Tuesday night. But Clayton was not your ordinary inmate.

In 1972 – some 24 years before committing the crime for which he was sentenced to death – Clayton was injured in a sawmill accident in which a piece of wood pierced his skull. As a result, doctors removed one-fifth of Clayton’s frontal lobe, the part of the brain that controls decision-making, mood, and impulse-control. Thereafter, Clayton “broke up with his wife, began drinking alcohol and became impatient, unable to work and more prone to violent outbursts,” one of his brothers told The Atlantic. His IQ dropped, and in 1983, Clayton was diagnosed with chronic brain syndrome, a condition said to decrease mental function.

Then, in 1996, Clayton’s life changed forever – again – when he shot and killed a police officer. Before Barry County Sheriff’s Deputy Chris Castetter even got out of his vehicle at Clayton’s home – where the officer had gone to investigate a domestic dispute – Clayton fatally shot Castetter in the head, according to police. A Missouri jury found him guilty and sentenced Clayton to death.

Missouri executes brain damaged cop-killer Cecil Clayton MSNBC

human tragedy simple as that....many questions....why kill a brain damaged man but then he could never be free again....you could not take the chance with his impaired judgement .....why kill an 74 yr old man....are we really that much of an eye for an eye nation.....

now here i will go with sealy....a christian nation....really?
he did not have enough money or he would of got probation
Du Pont Heir Sentenced to Probation for Raping His 3-Year-Old Daughter

Forum List

Back