Mistakes Atheists Make

It doesn't matter what we deserve, God loves us unconditionally, even when we stray away from him.
Except when they don't love you unconditionally and wipe the planet because you were a disappointment. Have you ever actually read any of the bibles?

Actually I have. If you had, you'd know why the flood was necessary. It wiped the planet of nephilim, not humans. The 8 humans left were preserved by God. He loves us unconditionally, not the other way around. It's why we are still here.

Not to be be nitpicky, this: but I don't think it does (answer his question).

Why?

Because all the scriptures you just gave him are from the Old Testament.

And we both know that, as Christians, we are no longer under the Law of the Old Testament, but the Grace of the New.

I started to cite II Samuel 12:21-23 for him, but couldn't bring myself to do it for that same reason.

Here's a nice link about the age of accountability:

Where do I find the age of accountability in the Bible What happens to babies and young children when they die

:thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

What happens to babies and young children?

Nothing good.

Straight to their Father. Everything good.

Same arguments every day huh?
Do you want to lose this argument again?

Always a good laugh watching atheists squirm away from responsibility. Of course atheism is of central importance to Communism. How else can we explain the horrendous persecution of religious folk by Communists? If atheism wasn't so central, an accommodation would have been reached.
Example of Communist persecution: Persecution of Christians in China
Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union

League of Militant Atheists

Do you think maybe the League of Militant Atheists was motivated by atheism?
And here are some quotes from Marx, Lenin, and others:
“The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion” (Karl Marx)
“The World has never before known a godlessness as organized, militarized and tenaciously malevolent as that preached by Marxism. Within the philosophical system of Marx and Lenin and at the heart of their psychology, HATRED OF GOD is the principle driving force, more fundamental than all their political and economic pretensions. Militant atheism is not merely incidental or marginal to Communist policy; it is not a side effect, but the central pivot. To achieve its diabolical ends, Communism needs to control a population devoid of religious and national feeling, and this entails a destruction of faith and nationhood. Communists proclaim both of these objectives openly, and just as openly put them into practice.” (Alexander Solzhenitsyn, former communist, Nobel prize winner)
“Atheism is the natural and inseparable part of Communism.” (attributed to Vladimir I. Lenin)
“Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.” (V.I. Lenin)
The official journal of the Soviet Academy of Pedagogical Sciences published a government directive Atheistic Education in the School as a resource on how to separate God from human society. The opening paragraph is revealing: “The Soviet school, as an instrument for the Communist education of the rising generation, can, as a matter of principle, take up no other attitude towards religion than one of irreconcilable opposition; for Communist education has as its philosophical basis Marxism, and Marxism is irreconcilably hostile to religion.
‘Marxism is materialism,’ says V. I. Lenin; ‘as such, it is as relentlessly hostile to religion as the materialism of the Encyclopedaists of the eighteenth century or the materialism of Feuerbach.’

Do you give credit to Christians for all the Muslims GW Bush the Christian killed?
You know Hitchens, who is worshipped by pimply internet atheists, was a big supporter of the war. The neocons, who are not religious, were also big supporters.

This proves that the people that run our country also use religion to manipulate and control the masses:
Articles The Nazis and Christianity

Way too many "christian lights" are cherry pickers and believe parts of the bible but throw out what they don't like. How convenient they can do that.
Maybe learn something about a religion before you start hating it. You are embarrassing yourself.

Always a good laugh watching atheists squirm away from responsibility. Of course atheism is of central importance to Communism. How else can we explain the horrendous persecution of religious folk by Communists? If atheism wasn't so central, an accommodation would have been reached.

“The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion” (Karl Marx)
“The World has never before known a godlessness as organized, militarized and tenaciously malevolent as that preached by Marxism. Within the philosophical system of Marx and Lenin and at the heart of their psychology, HATRED OF GOD is the principle driving force, more fundamental than all their political and economic pretensions. Militant atheism is not merely incidental or marginal to Communist policy; it is not a side effect, but the central pivot. To achieve its diabolical ends, Communism needs to control a population devoid of religious and national feeling, and this entails a destruction of faith and nationhood. Communists proclaim both of these objectives openly, and just as openly put them into practice.” (Alexander Solzhenitsyn, former communist, Nobel prize winner)
“Atheism is the natural and inseparable part of Communism.” (attributed to Vladimir I. Lenin)
The official journal of the Soviet Academy of Pedagogical Sciences published a government directive Atheistic Education in the School as a resource on how to separate God from human society. The opening paragraph is revealing: “The Soviet school, as an instrument for the Communist education of the rising generation, can, as a matter of principle, take up no other attitude towards religion than one of irreconcilable opposition; for Communist education has as its philosophical basis Marxism, and Marxism is irreconcilably hostile to religion.
‘Marxism is materialism,’ says V. I. Lenin; ‘as such, it is as relentlessly hostile to religion as the materialism of the Encyclopedaists of the eighteenth century or the materialism of Feuerbach.’

Do you give credit to Christians for all the Muslims GW Bush the Christian killed?
You know Hitchens, who is worshipped by pimply internet atheists, was a big supporter of the war. The neocons, who are not religious, were also big supporters.

This proves that the people that run our country also use religion to manipulate and control the masses:

I never lost it in the first place.

I never lost it in the first place.
You lost a long time ago.

It doesn't matter what we deserve, God loves us unconditionally, even when we stray away from him.
Except when they don't love you unconditionally and wipe the planet because you were a disappointment. Have you ever actually read any of the bibles?

Actually I have. If you had, you'd know why the flood was necessary. It wiped the planet of nephilim, not humans. The 8 humans left were preserved by God. He loves us unconditionally, not the other way around. It's why we are still here.

I'm sure that all the people in hell are relieved to know that God loves them unconditionally....

You think you do but we look at you like you are a fucking retard.

Hi sealybobo and Max Grit:
It is clear that it is mutual this negative rejection and perception going on,
by both sides of each other!

Is it clear that the only way out of this mutual trap
is to recognize it isn't helping, but makes it worse by only reinforcing the negative rejection
and misunderstanding by the other?

I see you as people pulling on threads on a ball of string
trying to get it untangled. If one person keeps pulling their strings,
and the other person theirs, it just gets tighter and tighter.
You both stay stuck and blame the other for pulling the wrong strings!

What if we take it one step at a time,
take the ball of string and agree which part to loosen up first,
which layer to start and what step to follow next, etc.

Can we unravel this ball of string that is all tangled up in knots?
From all the past people who picked it up and pulled it tighter in all directions?

How is continuing to pull and pull going to do anything but make it worse?

What direction do you want to go with this?

Do you want to unravel the knots and untangle the mess
of misunderstanding and misperceptions stacked on top of each
other like a huge ball of knotted string?

Lol nice joke.

Besides, I have a great perception and understands him well. Love your enemy as you love yourself.

His life is quite sad and lonely.

I'm sure that all the people in hell are relieved to know that God loves them unconditionally....

Lol you believe that God loves everyone unconditionally?

You think you do but we look at you like you are a fucking retard.

Hi sealybobo and Max Grit:
It is clear that it is mutual this negative rejection and perception going on,
by both sides of each other!

Is it clear that the only way out of this mutual trap
is to recognize it isn't helping, but makes it worse by only reinforcing the negative rejection
and misunderstanding by the other?

I see you as people pulling on threads on a ball of string
trying to get it untangled. If one person keeps pulling their strings,
and the other person theirs, it just gets tighter and tighter.
You both stay stuck and blame the other for pulling the wrong strings!

What if we take it one step at a time,
take the ball of string and agree which part to loosen up first,
which layer to start and what step to follow next, etc.

Can we unravel this ball of string that is all tangled up in knots?
From all the past people who picked it up and pulled it tighter in all directions?

How is continuing to pull and pull going to do anything but make it worse?

What direction do you want to go with this?

Do you want to unravel the knots and untangle the mess
of misunderstanding and misperceptions stacked on top of each
other like a huge ball of knotted string?

Lol nice joke.

Besides, I have a great perception and understands him well. Love your enemy as you love yourself.

His life is quite sad and lonely.

Because I don't believe in your god? This is why I know you theists are wrong. If you are so completely off base on us atheists, what else are you dead wrong about?

Sad and Lonely? That is the kind of person that theists pray on. People who usually get real religious are usually really sad, guilty or remorse about something.

Its one of the reasons a lot of people go to church. To make friends. I don't need church to make friends and I don't think I'd want to be friends with a bunch of brainwashed idiots.

I'm sure that all the people in hell are relieved to know that God loves them unconditionally....[/QUOTE]

Lol you believe that God loves everyone unconditionally?[/QUOTE]

It must be true. The Irish Ram says so in post 181. I think that you and Irish should discuss and resolve this.

I'm sure they wish they had listened and accepted His gift while they had the chance, like this guy:
“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.

Lol you believe that God loves everyone unconditionally?

Every single one of us:
I know that because Christ left no one out while He was on that cross. God forgives us while we are in the middle of committing our sins. Just like He did with the Jews described in the exodus, the woman caught in adultery, and the crooked tax collector. The murderer, the liar and the thief..
This is how our Father feels about His children, only in an abundance that we mere mortals can't even comprehend.
Luke 15:20-22
And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet'.
Note that that father didn't stop his son from leaving, from blowing his inheritance, or even recoil at his son's showing up to trick the father into giving him some food, nor did the father reprimand him, judge him, or punish him.

What was important to the Father was his son, coming home. He could put his arms around his child again. The child was home.

I take it you think good works are irrelevant to God. I disagree.

Not entirely, nope: not what I'm saying.

You're making the mistake of inferring a bit much.

But just because you brought it up: without Faith in salvation by Grace, works most certainly are immaterial to God.

I have another point, though.

When you say things like ...

blackrook said:
But atheists study Scripture, they memorize Biblical passages, they engage people in furious debate, all to prove that they don't believe in God, and no one else should either.

Who does God prefer? The indifferent semi-believer or the furious, but dedicated, opponent?

... you are presuming to know the mind of God. And that's both naive and dangerous, as one should never, ever presume to know the mind of God.

You know who is most famous for having done that, yes?

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.

I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.

ISAIAH CHAPTER 14

In other words, ^ the elder son ^ in Christ's parable of The Prodigal Son.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am curious as to your outlook on the bold sentence above.

I am agnostic, as you know. So when I do good deeds (which I do frequently), if I do not perform my deeds in the name of God, if I merely act out of goodness because it is in my nature and I consciously choose to act, "God" (as you perceive him) is indifferent to the good I have done? My choice to be kind to strangers or helpful and loving to those around me means nothing to God because I have not sworn my soul to him?

Not looking for an argument in the slightest and I will not be the least bit offended or otherwise trespassed upon, no matter how you answer. My interest is simply piqued.

@shart_attack

1) Defining atheism
In the golden age of atheism (late 1800's) atheism was generally held to be "the doctrine or belief that there is no God". Today some atheists prefer to define atheism as merely "lack of belief in God". While I appreciate the intellectual retreat the new definition represents, this new definition is illogical. According to the 2nd definition those who know or think there is a God are atheists, which is absurd.

2) Burden of proof
Atheists often say theists must shoulder the burden of proof since theists claim there is a God. However, atheists are also making a claim: theism is an ill-considered position. So atheists should also bear the burden of proof.

3) Radical skepticism
Some atheists are radical skeptics, but radical skepticism is self-defeating. As Wittgenstein said: “If you tried to doubt everything you would not get as far as doubting anything. The game of doubting itself presupposes certainty.”

4) Hard materialism
Can atheists prove only the material world exists?

5) Atheism and tolerance
According to one estimate over 25 million Christians died from secular antireligious violence in the 20th century.
Psychology Religion and Spirituality - James M. Nelson - Google Books

6) Atheism and happiness
BBC NEWS Health Religion linked to happy life

7) Atheists' recurring intellectual cowardice and laziness
Atheists seem eager to ridicule the least educated while avoiding the most educated Christians.
Atheists The Origin of the Species by Nick Spencer reviewed.

What is this new obsession with atheists on the board these days?

If you want to believe in a magic man in the sky go ahead.

It certainly is no worse than not believing.

Why are you all compelled to tell someone else why they are wrong while never conceding the point that you both may be wrong?

Mind your own business and stfu.

Hilarious how you fit right into the worst stereotype and don't even get it.

[

I'm sure that all the people in hell are relieved to know that God loves them unconditionally....[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they wish they had listened and accepted His gift while they had the chance, like this guy:
“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.
[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound very unconditional to me....

Because I don't believe in your god? This is why I know you theists are wrong. If you are so completely off base on us atheists, what else are you dead wrong about?

Sad and Lonely? That is the kind of person that theists pray on. People who usually get real religious are usually really sad, guilty or remorse about something.

Its one of the reasons a lot of people go to church. To make friends. I don't need church to make friends and I don't think I'd want to be friends with a bunch of brainwashed idiots.

Hi sealybobo:
Can we just let the people who talk with God keep talking with God that way.

I know lots of people who work out wisdom, insights and understanding in their heads different ways.

Scientists use other methods of hashing things out, that's fine, too!

I'm sorry for all these other people who don't get it, that there is nothing wrong with being nontheistic.

Sealybobo: would you blame someone for being tone deaf, or color blind?
Some people can hear or see things that other people can't distinguish.

So what?

Just because someone is color blind, and cannot distinguish red and green because it all
looks black and white, doesn't mean colors don't exist for other people who see all kinds of things.
Some people see and experience colors outside the norm, and that has to be accounted for, too!

Why can't we be "emotionally neutral" about theist/nontheist ways of looking at LIFE
the same way we understand that a red/green colorblind person isn't going to see
the same colors as someone else.

If that's not how their eyes or brain process information, it's just not there.

Now Sealybobo, what if you ran across someone who thought colorblind people were messed up.
And they judged them for it.

Would it bother you those people are messed up and don't understand color blindness is not someone's choice?

We would KNOW that person doesn't get what's going on.

So why can't we understand that some theists are the same way.

They don't understand the reasons someone who is
just colorblind can't see these colors everyone else can see.

SB maybe someday scientists will prove from studying the brain
that there differences in perception, just like colorblindess can be explained scientifically,
where we won't panic that some people are either "theist or nontheist" in how we relate to life
and interact with the energy that flows through people and all other life in the world.

NOTE: as stated before, the real issue is not the conflict between theist/nontheist
but between forgiveness/inclusion and unforgiveness/rejection.

If you notice, if MaxGrit rejects people, he will have equal problems understanding either
you or me, regardless if we are theist or nontheist; it is the rejection that is causing problems.

if you and I can forgive and include each other as equals,
it doesn't matter if we think in theist or nontheist terms, we'll be able to work out issues logically
because we don't waste as much time insulting and backstabbing each other with blame.

That's just pure common sense, logic from experience.

People are going to be different, and see things from their angles as theist or nontheists.
Might as well embrace and work with those different ways of seeing and saying things.

The REAL issue dividing us is whether we can
forgive instead of fear our differences.

I hope this becomes more clear, so you can see how the process works.
Nobody is required to change or convert from either theism to nontheism or vice versa;
most people cannot change that anyway, like reprogramming your native language.
Most people can expand their understanding to INCLUDE the other person's ways.
but that is not the same as converting anyone to anything else.

it's about ADDING more understanding to what we already believe.
Like learning another language is ADDING vocabulary and idioms and cultural perspective.
It isn't converting people from speaking Spanish to speaking English, but ADDING
an additional language so we can communicate with more people in larger audiences.

Sorry sealybobo that this isn't taught and explained more fully to more people.

So there are both theists and atheists running around rejecting and blaming each other.

I hope this nonsense will stop, and more people will set better examples
of how we can communicate without compromising and address these other conflicts.

First step is to quit judging each other for having different systems,
and to forgive the fact people judged and blamed each other in the past.
If we can get over that, maybe we can focus on content and not freak out
that we are so different. This does not have to mean conflict!

I don't feel I have any conflicts with you or MaxGrit. I trust we can all arrive at common truths
by working out where we are clashing with how we say things, and what we think the other person means.

So if I can take those differences in stride while working through the issues,
and not see that as anything wrongful or ugly,
why can't we all learn to deal with each other's differences the same way.

Why does this have to be a negative process?
I see it as constructive and enriching that we can
share what we see going wrong and work together to correct it.

I think that is great and a credit to everyone here for seeking what is right, accurate and just.
I believe we will succeed, so of course I see this as going in a positive direction.
There is more good coming from these interactions so why not focus there?

Thanks sealybobo
please forgive the people who don't get it
and maybe they will also learn to forgive whoever they think
doesn't get it either...

Reminds me of Jesus praying, but in this case it's everyone in the same boat:
Let us agree to receive forgiveness
for we know not what we cannot understand,
and both blame each other for not understanding either.

Some arguments for the existence Of God:
Teleological arguments
  • What is the fine-tuning of the universe and how does it serve as a pointer to God BioLogos
  • Why is the universe so beautiful? If you don't believe in Design you think the universe is a random mess, and how can a random mess be beautiful?
  • Why can the physical world be described by elegant equations? Here's John Polkinghorne: "We are so familiar with the fact that we can understand the world that most of the time we take it for granted. It is what makes science possible. Yet it could have been otherwise. The universe might have been a disorderly chaos rather than an orderly cosmos."
Cosmological argument

Other
Why should we discard the testimony of billions who pray and think they have encountered God?

Why do we even perceive things like beauty, love, purpose? And why does there tend to be a universal admiration for certain things? Who is not smitten by the stars? Who is not mesmerized by the undulating ocean currents, the scent of salt air and the call of a seagull? Who can look at the Sistine Chapel and proclaim it is ugly? What normal man can behold the stunning visage of Sofia Loren in her prime, and not want to copulate with her?

I don't know if God is real, but I believe that our experience in this life is something other than a random collision of atoms.

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for;
"WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

The only condition is you have to open your mouth......... :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back