Mitch McConnell: We must cut Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security to reduce the deficit

Do you support cutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security?

• Total voters
The tax cuts aren't working to cut the deficit, so Mitch needs to get busy cutting entitlements. I recommend cutting welfare programs first.

Who in the world thought that thought that reducing revenue would cut into the deficit?
HAs revenue in fact been reduced....Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Yes, yes it has.

View attachment 223216
Monthly Treasury Statement

Remember the tax cuts kicked in in Jan, so we will count from there.

From Jan - Sept 2017 the total revenue was $2,574,122,000,000
From Jan - Sept 2017 the total revenue was $2,559,233,000,000
That is $ 14,889,000,000 less in those 9 months in 2018 than in 2017.
Your chart shows an overall increase of receipts in 2018........LOL

10,000 to 1 Trump has his monthly SS check electronically deposited in one of his accounts.

Why shouldn't he, he paid both sides of the tax.

He is donating his Presidential salary to charity.

Just chicken feed compared to what he's grifting off and through the government.
LOL

The millionaires club reps..............both sides..............

Are you blinded by your hands over your eyes...............selective seeing.............tell us about the Dark money...............and who serves them...........

I never thought this would happen. I voted for Trump in the primaries, and for him again in the general election. I love his presidency and his accomplishments, but all of a sudden now the bottom is starting to fall out of the Republican party.

Mitch McConnell is saying that we now need to cut Social Security and Medicare. Whaaat ? Is this man crazy ? He's not alone. He's got Paul Ryan on board with him. Hopefully, if these nutjobs go through with this in the Congress, Trump will shut it all down with a presidential veto.

The Newsweek article I saw on this said that Democrats are ready to pounce on Republicans who put this forward, They're not the only ones. A lot of us Republicans will pounce on them too, as I'm doing right now.

1. If you want to kill the Republican party, this is the sure way of doing it. Older people vote in droves, and will simply not tolerate cuts in our already too small incomes. This would be the greatest gift Republicans could ever give to Democrats.

2. Older people have worked their butts off for 50 or 60 years, paying into this. Not right to cut it back from them.

3. If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.

4. Cut govt waste, but Social Security and Medicare are not waste.

He has Rubio on his side too.

The tax cuts aren't working to cut the deficit, so Mitch needs to get busy cutting entitlements. I recommend cutting welfare programs first.

Who in the world thought that thought that reducing revenue would cut into the deficit?

Yes, yes it has.

View attachment 223216

One more time for the math challenged.

The chart shows an increase for FY-18...FY18 started in Oct 2017. The tax cuts did not become law till Jan of 2018.

So, if one wants to determine the effect of the tax cuts, you would not add in those three months, as the tax cuts had not happened yet.

So, what you do is compare Jan through Sept of both years. And when you do that you get the number I posted above.

I know I am probably dreaming when I ask this...but do you understand now?

I never thought this would happen. I voted for Trump in the primaries, and for him again in the general election. I love his presidency and his accomplishments, but all of a sudden now the bottom is starting to fall out of the Republican party.

Mitch McConnell is saying that we now need to cut Social Security and Medicare. Whaaat ? Is this man crazy ? He's not alone. He's got Paul Ryan on board with him. Hopefully, if these nutjobs go through with this in the Congress, Trump will shut it all down with a presidential veto.

The Newsweek article I saw on this said that Democrats are ready to pounce on Republicans who put this forward, They're not the only ones. A lot of us Republicans will pounce on them too, as I'm doing right now.

1. If you want to kill the Republican party, this is the sure way of doing it. Older people vote in droves, and will simply not tolerate cuts in our already too small incomes. This would be the greatest gift Republicans could ever give to Democrats.

2. Older people have worked their butts off for 50 or 60 years, paying into this. Not right to cut it back from them.

3. If you want to cut entitlements, how about getting rid of millions of illegal foreigner leeches, who are sucking up waay too much of the federal budget ? Jail politicians passing sanctuary city laws. Abolish birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners.

They should cut SS, there are thousands of people who get 100,000 a year who for some reason draw on the SS fund and they don't need it but greed know no bounderys. I don't know where the cut off amount should be but some limits and cuts needs to be done.

So if they paid in all their life's they should not be able to draw it if they are making over $100,000 a year?

So there should not be a cutoff paying into social either, if you're earning a wage regardless of amount you should pay in. I have nothing against the wealthy if they paid in to draw out, but I also think there should not be cutoff of what this year $129,000?

Yes, yes it has.

View attachment 223216

One more time for the math challenged.

The chart shows an increase for FY-18...FY18 started in Oct 2017. The tax cuts did not become law till Jan of 2018.

So, if one wants to determine the effect of the tax cuts, you would not add in those three months, as the tax cuts had not happened yet.

So, what you do is compare Jan through Sept of both years. And when you do that you get the number I posted above.

I know I am probably dreaming when I ask this...but do you understand now?
Missed that part...........thankyou....

Are we all going to die for 14 billion difference...........

According to the Dems it would be a Cataclysm.................I don't see that............

And if the jobs continue to grow................hmmm...........

And less people on Gov't welfare and food stamps...............

Looks like decent numbers for the effect of lower unemployment to me...............Not the disaster harped by the Dems...........

They should cut SS, there are thousands of people who get 100,000 a year who for some reason draw on the SS fund and they don't need it but greed know no bounderys. I don't know where the cut off amount should be but some limits and cuts needs to be done.

So if they paid in all their life's they should not be able to draw it if they are making over $100,000 a year?

So there should not be a cutoff paying into social either, if you're earning a wage regardless of amount you should pay in. I have nothing against the wealthy if they paid in to draw out, but I also think there should not be cutoff of what this year $129,000?

I wonder how many times does it need to be explained that no one paid into anything.

Some people are taking 100K a year from the working age people who are supposed to start families. That is madness.

I wonder how many times does it need to be explained that no one paid into anything.

Some people are taking 100K a year from the working age people who are supposed to start families. That is madness.
Yes people who already paid in their whole lives....

Well here; I'll throw you a bone.

This will make you feel even better while you are having GOP voter remorse.

Trump: Ask Every Cabinet Member to CUT 5% From Budgets

Love that idea, we need to cut a lot more than 5%.

Let's cut your government access to benefits by 250%

Your 100K a year seems very high. How have you arrived at that number?

So explain to me that payroll taxes are withheld and a portiion goes to ss and portion to Medicare plus employer matching. No one pays into the system.

No one is drawing $100K a year in ss benefits. $2788 per month in 2018 is the max any one person can draw that hardly equals 100k a year.

What are you a high school kid?

I say man up, stop being the guy that Trump & the GOP grabbed by the pussy (because YOU KNOW they did grab you by your pussy), and just enjoy getting fucked by the folks you voted for.
Pretty simple stuff, Cleopatra.

A other irrelevant one liner from the big brain. With a name like yours I would expect you to be able to make an argument, but instead only hot air comes out. Might want to get that thing checked.

Now, of course a leftist LOVES LOVES some rich guy taking million dollar pensions from Americans so that they are unable to start families and get ahead in their lives. For the hard leftists, even their hatred of the rich is mitigated if they get to screw over Americans.

A other irrelevant one liner from the big brain. With a name like yours I would expect you to be able to make an argument, but instead only hot air comes out. Might want to get that thing checked.

Now, of course a leftist LOVES LOVES some rich guy taking million dollar pensions from Americans so that they are unable to start families and get ahead in their lives. For the hard leftists, even their hatred of the rich is mitigated if they get to screw over Americans.
I'll give you a longer response as soon as you start making sense....

So explain to me that payroll taxes are withheld and a portiion goes to ss and portion to Medicare plus employer matching. No one pays into the system.

No one is drawing $100K a year in ss benefits. $2788 per month in 2018 is the max any one person can draw that hardly equals 100k a year.

What are you a high school kid?

The pension problem is bigger than social security.

Those taxes go to pay for government programs, none of them are invested to pay for your retirement. Maybe if you hadn't dropped out of high school, you would have figured it out.

It's only you that isn't making sense. Stop projecting...

And given that you are unable to write a well thought out paragraph, no wonder.

Oh my god, they're going to do exactly what they've been saying they would do for decades? Who could have seen that happening!?!

It's only you that isn't making sense. Stop projecting...

And given that you are unable to write a well thought out paragraph, no wonder.
You keep throwing around 100K. Please explain how you arrived at that number. Sounds like you have no clue...

Forum List

Back