Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you do.

The Republicans are fucked on tax policy because they want tax cuts for the Rich,

but there's little room to cut everyone else's taxes, and it is politically suicide to call for a tax cut for ONLY the Rich.

And tax cuts are all the GOP has.

Stop and look at the political reality:

Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama:

Romney is going to be running on a tax plan that gives himself a massive tax cut, with little or no tax cut for low income Americans, and in some cases tax hikes for low income Americans.

Barack Obama is going to be running on raising taxes on himself, while keeping lower income American's taxes low.

Now, seriously, how do you really think that will play with the average America swing voter out there? ...the ones who decide the election???

And most people who have a clue will come to the realization that raising taxes on the rich will bring hardship on the poor and middle class.

That's nonsensical. You have 8 years of evidence in the nineties that that isn't true for starters.

Use your head for once.

Unless you can explain why some of the same people are still in poverty you have nothing but a false claim.

And most people who have a clue will come to the realization that raising taxes on the rich will bring hardship on the poor and middle class.

That's nonsensical. You have 8 years of evidence in the nineties that that isn't true for starters.

Use your head for once.

Unless you can explain why some of the same people are still in poverty you have nothing but a false claim.

Please stop putting random lines of words together that mean nothing. Please.

Romney is going to be running on a tax plan that gives himself a massive tax cut, with little or no tax cut for low income Americans, and in some cases tax hikes for low income Americans.

Barack Obama is going to be running on raising taxes on himself, while keeping lower income American's taxes low.

Now, seriously, how do you really think that will play with the average America swing voter out there? ...the ones who decide the election???

Can you actually say that out loud and not laugh?

Listen to the shit that you've been convinced of.

"I will make my life better if I raise my own taxes and cut the taxes for the rich people who already have money".

Holy shit.

Anyone who wants to pay more taxes is a fucking moron.

That's why Romney is polling even. :lol::lol::lol:

You must be a Chris Sok. Only he could say something so stupid.

What the independets will be looking at is who is more willing to make the tough choices on spending. That question is very clear to them which is why our current sitting President is going to be one-termer.

Better luck next time with the hope and change.

No you didn't.

This thread is still going.

I still want to know the american who is paying more than 15% capital gains tax......show me the proof that romney is paying less on his cap gains than anyone else.

Ohhhh that is right, its a bunch of dishonest rage by focusing on romney's cap gains tax and comparing it to income taxes...silly me, this is politics why expect honesty :lol:

Mitt Romney: Keep bush's tax rates keeping the taxes on the rich 1% lower than they would be otherwise and keeping the taxes on those of us with 5 figure incomes 3% lower than they would be otherwise

Barack Obama: Do away with the bush tax rates raising the rich 1% and people like me who make 5 figures 3%

I'm just not seeing it when I look at the facts of the bush tax cuts instead of the political spin about them.

Bad for obama:

Also, price of gas when obama took office was under $2.00, its over $3.00.
My food and cloathing is 25% more expensive now than it was when obama came to power
There are fewer TOTAL JOBS in the united states today, while more TOTAL CITIZENS, then the day obama took office
Obama has surpassed Bush for adding to the national debt
Obama has NOT pushed the congress to send him an actual budget
Obama wants drastic military cuts at a time of international unease
Obama passed Obamacare and the stimulus

Good For obama:
Obama got Osama Bin Laden
Obama has been tough on going after terrorist leadership
Obama stuck to bush's timeline and ended our combat role in iraq totally

There are more for bad and good but those are the tops.

I still want to know the american who is paying more than 15% capital gains tax......show me the proof that romney is paying less on his cap gains than anyone else.

Ohhhh that is right, its a bunch of dishonest rage by focusing on romney's cap gains tax and comparing it to income taxes...silly me, this is politics why expect honesty :lol:

Most people are paying less than 15% on earned income so the whole argument that the rich pay a lower tax rate than the average slob is completely bust.

Most people are paying less than 15% on earned income so the whole argument that the rich pay a lower tax rate than the average slob is completely bust.

Yes more than 50% of all americans pay less than 15% in income tax at the end of the tax season, I know that. That is just another aspect of how this whole claim about romney is totally dishonest.

I still want to know who is paying under 15% cap gains though....and just how they can do that so I can too ;)

The point is that 15% is too low. Not that he is doing anything illegal but that it's too low.

The point is that 15% is too low. Not that he is doing anything illegal but that it's too low.

No one should ever pay more then 10% of their income to government through force.

What do you want to raise the capital gains tax to on all americans then? Don't forget our 401k's grow from cap gains ;).

And what american is paying more than 15% or less than 15%cap gains tax? The thread claims romney pays a lower cap gains tax rate than me...which he doesn't, he pays the same as all americans do for cap gains.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

No one should ever pay more then 10% of their income to government through force.

And how did you arrive at 10% being the magic number?

Two reasons.

#1) It's enough for God, and God has more overhead and is more important then government.

#2) It's the rate that the most powerful nations in history taxed during their rise to power. Then they all got greedy and with the sky the limit greed of government continued to raise their taxes until the population started spending more time avoiding taxes then earning money and they began their decline. Sound familiar? Obama says this is the new reality, our decline. And he's doing everything he can to bring it about.

If your question is serious, here's a great read for you:

For good and evil: the impact of taxes on the course of civilization - Charles Adams - Google Books

Bad for obama:

Also, price of gas when obama took office was under $2.00, its over $3.00.

It was under $2.00 for about a month, due to the economic collapse. Falling from a high of $4.39 just 6 months before.

My food and cloathing is 25% more expensive now than it was when obama came to power

See the previous point. When people have no money to spend, the price of goods goes down.

There are fewer TOTAL JOBS in the united states today, while more TOTAL CITIZENS, then the day obama took office
Obama has surpassed Bush for adding to the national debt

By these standards, and in an almost exactly similar situation, Reagan was an utter failure at this point in this presidency.

Obama has NOT pushed the congress to send him an actual budget

You're blaming Obama because Congress can't get its shit together? Wow.

Congress needs to PASS a budget in order for Obama to sign it.

Obama wants drastic military cuts at a time of international unease

The military has been drastically expanded, we're no longer in 2 wars that we were in previously, and we have a massive deficit. It would be moronic to NOT cut the military.

Are you for shrinking the government, or not?

Obama passed Obamacare and the stimulus

I'll just move that over to the positive column. Thank you very much.

Good For obama:
Obama has been tough on going after terrorist leadership

Facts which most Republicans deny anyway.

Obama stuck to bush's timeline and ended our combat role in iraq totally

A timeline that Bush proved time and time again he would never have stuck to. So let's call it what it is: Obama's timeline.

There are more for bad and good but those are the tops.

Which actually leaves us with this list:

Bad for Obama:

Gas prices have remained about the same average price they were during the Bush administration.

Food and Clothing are at about the same level of cost as they were during the Bush administration, adjusted for inflation.

His record on jobs so far has only been about as good as Reagan's record on jobs.

Good for Obama:

He wants to cut spending and government jobs, including the military, at a time when the two wars America was involved in are finally winding down.

He passed sweeping health care reform that provides care for needy Americans.

He passed a large scale stimulus, that seems to have provided the desired effect to the economy, even though companies have not been hiring as much as people would have liked as a result. After all Wall Street has gone up 6000 points and GDP has significantly increased since he took office.

Obama has been tough on going after terrorist leadership, killing most of what was left of the Al Qaida leadership.

Ended the Iraq war.

Looks pretty good actually.

Two reasons.

#1) It's enough for God, and God has more overhead and is more important then government.

#2) It's the rate that the most powerful nations in history taxed during their rise to power. Then they all got greedy and with the sky the limit greed of government continued to raise their taxes until the population started spending more time avoiding taxes then earning money and they began their decline. Sound familiar? Obama says this is the new reality, our decline. And he's doing everything he can to bring it about.

For good and evil: the impact of taxes on the course of civilization - Charles Adams - Google Books

I have a hard time believing a mythical guy in the sky knows the most effective tax rate to best manage a bloated entitlement program and an overreaching military. Sorry.

Thanks for the read though.

Two reasons.

I have a hard time believing a mythical guy in the sky knows the most effective tax rate to best manage a bloated entitlement program and an overreaching military. Sorry.

Thanks for the read though.

So you focus on one tongue in cheek minor point and ignore the real argument. Typical left. I knew you'd do that, which is why I did it, for my own amusement. The he has more "overhead" didn't clue you in that the part you were responding to was in jest? Seriously?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back