🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mnuchin Says No Bailout for States With Badly Managed Budgets.

How does Trumps administration claim that states are badly managed while they are running a $2 trillion deficit?
Just cause the Federal government has been running a deficit for umpteen years doesn't mean that some states are badly managed does it. More logical fallacies.

Have to laugh at the audacity of Trump criticizing badly managed states when he has made no attempt to be fiscally responsible
Nazi Pelousy controls the purse strings.

How does Trumps administration claim that states are badly managed while they are running a $2 trillion deficit?
Just cause the Federal government has been running a deficit for umpteen years doesn't mean that some states are badly managed does it. More logical fallacies.

Have to laugh at the audacity of Trump criticizing badly managed states when he has made no attempt to be fiscally responsible
Nonsense. Nancy Pelosi didn't increase the deficit. Trump did

ALL spending originates in the House. Learn basic civics, Dummy.

In the U.S. Congress, all appropriations bills must originate in the House of Representatives, and they provide the legal authority needed to spend or obligate the U.S. Treasury.

The Origination Clause, sometimes called the Revenue Clause, is Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution. This clause says that all bills for raising revenue must start in the House of Representatives, but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as in the case of other bills.

The House doesn't just decide to spend. They are encouraged to fund the President's needs.

The Origination Clause, sometimes called the Revenue Clause, is Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution. This clause says that all bills for raising revenue must start in the House of Representatives, but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as in the case of other bills.

The House doesn't just decide to spend. They are encouraged to fund the President's needs.
"Encouraged" :iyfyus.jpg:

Just cause the Federal government has been running a deficit for umpteen years doesn't mean that some states aren't badly managed does it. More logical fallacies.
True, and a badly managed government is in no position to judge the states when their own ducks are not in a row.

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Just cause the Federal government has been running a deficit for umpteen years doesn't mean that some states aren't badly managed does it. More logical fallacies.
True, and a badly managed government is in no position to judge the states when their own ducks are not in a row.
Almost every state is more fiscally responsible than Trump

There should be no additional aid to those states that already receive more federal aid than they pay in taxes.

They are already freeloaders

Start with Kentucky

View attachment 329595

So you consider Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid "Free loaders". I thought progressives were all for these types of programs. Wow.
Are social security and medicare really for freeloaders? They are not free to the individual. You do know that you pay for this benefit, yes?

No - they are not freeloaders. I didn't say that. Re-read.
It is confusing but I believe you. Sorry if I misinterpreted

It's not confusing to me. It must be confusing to you because you are going through what is called "cognitive dissonance". It's extremely difficult, confusing and makes one uncomfortable. You want to believe that Blue states are all that, but then you can't fit your head around that it is a good thing that other people in other states that are richer are putting more into the pie than those that are poor and more unfortunate. It kills your argument about Blue states - blah, blah, blah..... because you're supposed to be for the poor and unfortunate.

Maybe, just maybe, you should not side with that Blue state Red state fallacy - ditch it - abhore it- and all will be right.
I am a Republican, lamb chop, and I don't support the party of Trump. So don't tell me what I am supposed to side with. I never sided with a blue state-red state fallacy. Nor do I side with the grifter Trump. Continue to flap away though.

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong
You never will, cuz I’m always right.

I can see Trump supporters have gotten their talking points. No one is talking about bailing out state pensions. What we are talking about is lost revenue due to the pandemic. This is bi-partisan.

"In Arlington, Tex., one of the state’s largest metropolitan areas, Republican Mayor Jeff Williams said it is bracing for budget trouble, too. In a normal year, professional sports, local amusement parks and an influx of college students help round out the city’s finances, infusing much needed revenue derived from shopping and tourism. But such spending has ground to a halt, imperiling the city’s balance sheet — and potentially its workforce.

Arlington’s leaders already have asked local government agencies to plan for reductions in spending between 10 to 25 percent, according to Williams, who described the potential for layoffs or furloughs as a worst-case scenario that residents would feel immediately."

Those people are going to show up in the unemployment rate this November.

Sanctuary states shouldn't be getting any bailout money. There has to be consequences for illegal behavior.
we cannot assume the responsibility for under-funded state pensions

the good news is that we can count on Trump to stand firm on this

the better news is that this only really affects deep blue states like CA, IL, CT & NY

In October 2018, Bloomberg's Danielle Moran tallied the total liabilities and the funded portion that applies to each state’s public employee pension funds, finding that five states had funded less than 50% of the cost needed to pay for their promised state public employee’s pension benefits:

• Kentucky (33.9%)
  • New Jersey (35.8%)
  • Illinois (38.4%)
  • Connecticut (43.8%)
  • Colorado (47.1%)
New York is 94.5% funded.

Sanctuary states shouldn't be getting any bailout money. There has to be consequences for illegal behavior.

the better news is that this only really affects deep blue states like CA, IL, CT & NY

In October 2018, Bloomberg's Danielle Moran tallied the total liabilities and the funded portion that applies to each state’s public employee pension funds, finding that five states had funded less than 50% of the cost needed to pay for their promised state public employee’s pension benefits:

• Kentucky (33.9%)
  • New Jersey (35.8%)
  • Illinois (38.4%)
  • Connecticut (43.8%)
  • Colorado (47.1%)
Mitch is the one stopping this, and Kentucky is his home state

California is also in bad shape

those states have been making promises and passing legislation for retirement, but don't have the tax base to support it

we can't make this a federal liability

• Kentucky (33.9%)
  • New Jersey (35.8%)
  • Illinois (38.4%)
  • Connecticut (43.8%)
  • Colorado (47.1%)
1588208379953.png

• Kentucky (33.9%)
  • New Jersey (35.8%)
  • Illinois (38.4%)
  • Connecticut (43.8%)
  • Colorado (47.1%)

those states have been making promises and passing legislation for retirement, but don't have the tax base to support it

The beauty of California is they’ve chased away many of the big taxpayers like myself and replaced them with ten illegals who pay no taxes and suck on the government teat.

• Kentucky (33.9%)
  • New Jersey (35.8%)
  • Illinois (38.4%)
  • Connecticut (43.8%)
  • Colorado (47.1%)

California is 66.5% funded. Worse then California are red states like LA, SC, ND, IN, AZ, NM, MS...for a start.

I guarantee Mitch will find something for KY.

I do agree though - it's not the federal government job to prop up the pensions. It's just dishonest to say the blue states are the worst - it's a mix.

I would agree with the federal government helping states with covid-related expenses and shortfalls.

• Kentucky (33.9%)
  • New Jersey (35.8%)
  • Illinois (38.4%)
  • Connecticut (43.8%)
  • Colorado (47.1%)
View attachment 329845

Looks like a lot of red states you have there...including #1. Where's NY?

Forum List

Back