Mobile Alabama Removes Statue of Confederate Without Notice

I applaud the mayor of Mobile for removing this statue.

He is right, removing it doesn't change history.

Personally I don't see how anyone can think people who waged war against the United States of America causing the deaths of over 600 thousand Americans are good people.

I don't think that any statues of those people should be erected anywhere in our nation.

Of course things like this are done in the dark, and applauded by gutless hacks such as yourself.

Yeah, much better to do it during the day so you can piss off a bunch of inbred, toothless mouth breathers.

Better yet, let the people do it...

A bunch of immature assholes, nothing more.

i agree. The people that want to keep these statues in place are immature assholes. Well said.

Yeah, go with that you dried up old twat.

American war hero

State Alabama Hero who took up arms against the Union and lamented the demise of the Confederacy.

"
It was erected at the height of Jim Crow, Black Codes, and lynching

On the eve of ....
" The statue was dedicated in 1900, the year before Alabama ratified a Constitution that established white supremacy in the state by essentially disenfranchising blacks and poor whites. "

Erasing people from history is a Communist trick

'Vandalized during a demonstration this week and then cleaned by the city, it was removed overnight without any public notice.

Mayor Sandy Stimpson, in a string of messages sent on Twitter, said he ordered the removal. The decision to take down the statue wasn't about Semmes or the monument itself, “and it is not an attempt to rewrite history,” he wrote.

“Moving this statue will not change the past. It is about removing a potential distraction so we may focus clearly on the future of our city,” Stimpson said.

The city would not say where the statue had been taken or what would be done with it, and it didn’t rule out the possibility that it would be returned to its original location.

Personally I don't see how anyone can think people who waged war against the United States of America causing the deaths of over 600 thousand Americans are good people.

I don't think that any statues of those people should be erected anywhere in our nation.

Of course things like this are done in the dark, and applauded by gutless hacks such as yourself.

Yeah, much better to do it during the day so you can piss off a bunch of inbred, toothless mouth breathers.

i agree. The people that want to keep these statues in place are immature assholes. Well said.

I will, thank you...not that I needed your permission to agree with you that people who want to keep these monuments to slave owners in place are immature assholes.

I will, thank you...not that I needed your permission to agree with you that people who want to keep these monuments to slave owners in place are immature assholes.

The "i know you are but what am I" tactic, the primordial ooze of debate tactics.

The "i know you are but what am I" tactic, the primordial ooze of debate tactics.

Says the guy with nothing but lame ad hominems :lol:

Why do you have a problem with removing statues of traitors and slave owners?

Because it won't stop there. Because it focuses on only one part of a person's impact on history, and the placement of many of the statues was part of the compact between North and South as part of the healing process to be able to honor those who fought for their side.

Because it won't stop there. Because it focuses on only one part of a person's impact on history, and the placement of many of the statues was part of the compact between North and South as part of the healing process to be able to honor those who fought for their side.

There was no compact. Grant lost popular support in the North to continue Reconstruction. And the South began it's propaganda war on the just and heroic "lost cause," which Semmes championed until his death in 1877.

But Mobiles mayor basically said the statute was a distraction from the future.

There was no compact. Grant lost popular support in the North to continue Reconstruction. And the South began it's propaganda war on the just and heroic "lost cause," which Semmes championed until his death in 1877.

But Mobiles mayor basically said the statute was a distraction from the future.

There was an unwritten rule, to allow each side to honor their dead and their leaders.

What is "it" that won't stop? First off, as pointed out, there was no compact. Secondly, this particular statue was put up in the 1900s, decades after reconstruction.

What is "it" that won't stop? First off, as pointed out, there was no compact. Secondly, this particular statue was put up in the 1900s, decades after reconstruction.

You do realize that's around the time these guys started dying of old (or old for that time) age?

and about things not stopping....

Richmond protesters topple Columbus statue, throw it in lake

A statue of Christopher Columbus in Richmond was torn down by protesters, set on fire and then thrown into a lake.The figure was toppled less than two hours after protesters gathered in the city’s Byrd Park were chanting for the statue to be taken down, news outlets reported.After the figure was removed from its pedestal around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday by protesters using several ropes, a sign that reads, “Columbus represents genocide” was placed on the spray-painted foundation that once held the statue. It was then set on fire and rolled into a lake in the park, NBC 12 reported.

Erasing people from history is a Communist trick that modern liberals have learned well.
But you don't learn history from a statue? Schools aren't filled with statues to like Mathematical equations and physical laws. People learn about Hitler and certainly he doesn't seem to have a statue anywhere. You people know about Mao but OBVIOUSLY he doesn't have statues in the United States.

Statues are about glorification man, not teaching.
Never heard about Hitler. Could you point me to a statue of him in a public square so I might know of his existence?

This. Just wanted to see it re-posted.

You do realize that's around the time these guys started dying of old (or old for that time) age?

A statue of Christopher Columbus in Richmond was torn down by protesters, set on fire and then thrown into a lake.The figure was toppled less than two hours after protesters gathered in the city’s Byrd Park were chanting for the statue to be taken down, news outlets reported.After the figure was removed from its pedestal around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday by protesters using several ropes, a sign that reads, “Columbus represents genocide” was placed on the spray-painted foundation that once held the statue. It was then set on fire and rolled into a lake in the park, NBC 12 reported.

Racist democrats hate Italians.

America is Berlin circa 1938. Whites are the new Juden, and those like Seawytch are the most virulent of the Nazis.

Racist democrats hate Italians.

America is Berlin circa 1938. Whites are the new Juden, and those like Seawytch are the most virulent of the Nazis.

I would equate them more with the Red Guards of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. The turning on lefties not woke enough for them to me is a telling factor.

Nazi comparisons are getting overplayed.

Forum List

Back