Mobile Alabama Removes Statue of Confederate Without Notice

I applaud the mayor of Mobile for removing this statue.

He is right, removing it doesn't change history.

Personally I don't see how anyone can think people who waged war against the United States of America causing the deaths of over 600 thousand Americans are good people.

I don't think that any statues of those people should be erected anywhere in our nation.

Of course things like this are done in the dark, and applauded by gutless hacks such as yourself.

Yeah, much better to do it during the day so you can piss off a bunch of inbred, toothless mouth breathers.

Better yet, let the people do it...

A bunch of immature assholes, nothing more.

i agree. The people that want to keep these statues in place are immature assholes. Well said.

Yeah, go with that you dried up old twat.

I will, thank you...not that I needed your permission to agree with you that people who want to keep these monuments to slave owners in place are immature assholes.

The "i know you are but what am I" tactic, the primordial ooze of debate tactics.

Says the guy with nothing but lame ad hominems :lol:

Why do you have a problem with removing statues of traitors and slave owners?

Because it won't stop there. Because it focuses on only one part of a person's impact on history, and the placement of many of the statues was part of the compact between North and South as part of the healing process to be able to honor those who fought for their side.

What is "it" that won't stop? First off, as pointed out, there was no compact. Secondly, this particular statue was put up in the 1900s, decades after reconstruction.

You do realize that's around the time these guys started dying of old (or old for that time) age?

and about things not stopping....

Richmond protesters topple Columbus statue, throw it in lake

A statue of Christopher Columbus in Richmond was torn down by protesters, set on fire and then thrown into a lake.The figure was toppled less than two hours after protesters gathered in the city’s Byrd Park were chanting for the statue to be taken down, news outlets reported.After the figure was removed from its pedestal around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday by protesters using several ropes, a sign that reads, “Columbus represents genocide” was placed on the spray-painted foundation that once held the statue. It was then set on fire and rolled into a lake in the park, NBC 12 reported.

Racist democrats hate Italians.

America is Berlin circa 1938. Whites are the new Juden, and those like Seawytch are the most virulent of the Nazis.

I would equate them more with the Red Guards of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. The turning on lefties not woke enough for them to me is a telling factor.

Nazi comparisons are getting overplayed.

The key element is the scapegoat. According to democrats, all the ills of society, all the evils of human history, all disease and misery, are because of whites.

If they can find a final solution to the white people problem, democrats are convinced that the world John Lennon imagined will come true.

Imagine no possessions, not even your underwear...

Personally I don't see how anyone can think people who waged war against the United States of America causing the deaths of over 600 thousand Americans are good people.

I don't think that any statues of those people should be erected anywhere in our nation.

Of course things like this are done in the dark, and applauded by gutless hacks such as yourself.

Yeah, much better to do it during the day so you can piss off a bunch of inbred, toothless mouth breathers.

i agree. The people that want to keep these statues in place are immature assholes. Well said.

I will, thank you...not that I needed your permission to agree with you that people who want to keep these monuments to slave owners in place are immature assholes.

The "i know you are but what am I" tactic, the primordial ooze of debate tactics.

Because it won't stop there. Because it focuses on only one part of a person's impact on history, and the placement of many of the statues was part of the compact between North and South as part of the healing process to be able to honor those who fought for their side.

What is "it" that won't stop? First off, as pointed out, there was no compact. Secondly, this particular statue was put up in the 1900s, decades after reconstruction.

You do realize that's around the time these guys started dying of old (or old for that time) age?

A statue of Christopher Columbus in Richmond was torn down by protesters, set on fire and then thrown into a lake.The figure was toppled less than two hours after protesters gathered in the city’s Byrd Park were chanting for the statue to be taken down, news outlets reported.After the figure was removed from its pedestal around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday by protesters using several ropes, a sign that reads, “Columbus represents genocide” was placed on the spray-painted foundation that once held the statue. It was then set on fire and rolled into a lake in the park, NBC 12 reported.

America is Berlin circa 1938. Whites are the new Juden, and those like Seawytch are the most virulent of the Nazis.

I would equate them more with the Red Guards of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. The turning on lefties not woke enough for them to me is a telling factor.

Nazi comparisons are getting overplayed.

The key element is the scapegoat. According to democrats, all the ills of society, all the evils of human history, all disease and misery, are because of whites.

If they can find a final solution to the white people problem, democrats are convinced that the world John Lennon imagined will come true.

Imagine no possessions, not even your underwear...

Actually to be fair it's only white cis-gender heterosexual men of economic means. Don't forget the other members of the identity politic pity pole.

:cuckoo:

Nope, guess again. The Lee statue was put up decades after his death.

Columbus was a horrible man too, but I think, in that case, the protesters just got caught up in the heat of the moment.

That’s because you arent an American.

Columbus was a horrible man too, but I think, in that case, the protesters just got caught up in the heat of the moment.

oy vey I count three of you in this thread attacking Americans.

We made the WWII memorial decades after the war ended, and most of the leaders were in the ground.

Your point?

Che was a horrible man, should we ban his T-shirt?

The same people coming for the Confederate Flag today, will be coming for the American flag in ten years.

Mark my words.

The same people coming for the Confederate Flag today, will be coming for the American flag in ten years.,

Mark my words.

This trump piece of shit's been going after America, it's government, and it's flag for years. Notice how he fondles and dry humps our flag, all the while saying to himself 'how much more of this shit can I get away with?'.

The same people coming for the Confederate Flag today, will be coming for the American flag in ten years.,

Mark my words.

This trump piece of shit's been going after America, it's government, and it's flag for years. Notice how he fondles and dry humps our flag, all the while saying to himself 'how much more of this shit can I get away with?'.

Your raving is noted and dismissed. My point stands. The same assholes who are coming for the Confederate Flag today, will be coming for the American flag in ten years.,

We made the WWII memorial decades after the war ended, and most of the leaders were in the ground.

Your point?

Look at you getting all hyperbolic. Adorable. Nobody is banning T shirts. You can buy all the racist confederate shit you want to.

And I do believe, speaking of WWII, that you won't find a lot of statues of Hitler in public squares now will you? We don't want to erase the history, we just don't want to see monuments honoring the worst of it.

NY Gov Cuomo says he is against tearing down Christopher Columbus statue

He will bend to the mob, eventually. Italians are too white, the mob will not allow them any pride in their heritage.
Andrew Mario Cuomo does not know the meaning of the word "bend"

Then he will be destroyed. The mob is not going to let Christopher Columbus be celebrated. NOt for long.

You like him? Have you said so online? Someday, they will come for you. You will be found to be not PC enough and the mob will need more victims and they will feed you to it.

Your point?

Look at you getting all hyperbolic. Adorable. Nobody is banning T shirts. You can buy all the racist confederate shit you want to.

And I do believe, speaking of WWII, that you won't find a lot of statues of Hitler in public squares now will you? We don't want to erase the history, we just don't want to see monuments honoring the worst of it.

It will be next. And nice dodge on the Che thing, you miserable dried up old twat.

Can't compare a civil war where the goal was to bring the losers back into the country to a foreign war, stop doing it.

Did they replace it with a statue of Mao?

I mean, if a CCP troll bot is applauding, then this furthers the agenda of Beijing.

Do we have a whole lot of Mao statues in this country?
Ever look carefully at the MLK Jr statue in DC?

Your point?

It will be next. And nice dodge on the Che thing, you miserable dried up old twat.

Can't compare a civil war where the goal was to bring the losers back into the country to a foreign war, stop doing it.

Stating a fact isn't a "dodge". T shirts aren't banned so your analogy was a fail.

The Virginia Lee statue wasn't put up during reconstruction. Most of these monuments to traitors and slave owners were put up between 1890 and 1950...matching up exactly with the Jim Crow era of segregation.

Long past time for them to be taken down.

Your point?

Stating a fact isn't a "dodge". T shirts aren't banned so your analogy was a fail.

The Virginia Lee statue wasn't put up during reconstruction. Most of these monuments to traitors and slave owners were put up between 1890 and 1950...matching up exactly with the Jim Crow era of segregation.

Also matching to the time the veterans were dying off. A lot of it was done by the DotC.

Your point?

The national WWII memorial was put up in 2004.

Your assumption that the timing was about Jim Crow, is just that, an assumption.

THat is not a reason to insult the people of the South like this.

Forum List

Back