Moderate Cannabis Use Has Adverse Effects on Cognitive Functioning,

So weed should be illegal?
No but I would NEVER hire someone I know uses pot or any other drug.
Imagine the liability for a company who's employee caused something catastrophic in someone's home or to their family and then tests positive for x drug.

Losers need not apply
I never work for an assholio likes you, because I can earn a hell of a lot more money not working for yous and working for me...And smoke a joint when I want..

Alcoholism has many victims but perhaps the most defenseless of them are the children of alcoholics.
I agree

so considering the problem alcohol causes why would we wnat to add more to our woes through other drugs?
Because that is what humans do and the laws prohibiting it do not work and only induces more crime....Legalize it already and work on rehabilitation.

The stoners and their Political Supporters have been lying to us since the beginning. Nothing that alters your psyche is good for you, including alcohol. BUT!!!!!!!!!! you can drink 1 or 2 drinks a day and not have any adverse affects. You cant smoke weed moderately, you smoke a joint your high...weed has one purpose to get you stoned.

Moderate adolescent cannabis use may have adverse effects on cognitive functioning, specifically verbal memory, that cannot be explained by familial factors, according to a study of siblings led by the University of Colorado School of Medicine.

We wanted to expand our understanding of whether cannabis use is related to lower cognitive functioning,” said study lead author Dr. Jarrod Ellingson, a researcher in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and the Institute for Behavioral Genetics at the University of Colorado.

“There’s a large body of evidence that cannabis use is linked to cognitive functioning, but we know that cannabis use is not isolated from other important risk factors (e.g. peer group influence, parental behavior, socioeconomic status).”

“That was the primary motivation behind this study, in which we compared siblings to account for many of these risk factors.”

In the study, Dr. Ellingson and colleagues were able to establish comparisons between siblings and then determine that differential levels of cannabis use were related to poorer cognitive functioning, particularly verbal memory.

More misinformation from people who have no real life experiences with weed or its long term effects which are minimal at best.
I don't smoke weed - haven't in a very very long time - I hate the way it makes me feel - gimme some Coors or Heineken any day. I believe that anybody that does smoke it is a fool - BUT who the hell am I to tell them they can't smoke it, That's their prerogative - you gotta fight for your right to be stoooopid .......
That is how I feel about alcohol drink yer poison if yous like but don't pass it my way. You have a right to be stoopid there is no law agin it.

Because Prohibition is worse.
I dont think prohibition is worse than mass drug addiction
We already know one nation south of our border has corruption problems even with a Constitution similar to ours. Prohibition is written into their Constitution. They did not establish Prohibition and then have to Repeal it due to all of the problems it created. They have had it since the inception of their Constitution.

Alcoholism has many victims but perhaps the most defenseless of them are the children of alcoholics.
I agree

so considering the problem alcohol causes why would we wnat to add more to our woes through other drugs?
the issue is do we legalize it or keep it illegal and keep filling our jails and destroy peoples lives for thinking they own their own bodies???
You already know my answer to that

I understand like Charolette there a good people on both sides

but I have given this issue careful consideration
cant say we live in a free country when our jails are full of people that MIGHT hurt themselves,,,

but to each his own,,,
That shit went out the window circa 1930’s when father government starting forcing me to pay for the bad decisions of others. I now have an equity share in all bodies...I have a say.
It’s bullshit but it is what it is.

That shit went out the window circa 1930’s when father government starting forcing me to pay for the bad decisions of others. I now have an equity share in all bodies...I have a say.
Agreed

end the wipe-every-nose welfare state and drug zombies are no longer any of my business

Agreed

end the wipe-every-nose welfare state and drug zombies are no longer any of my business

Things like Quantitative Easing is a part of the welfare state. End the Fed and I will quit arguing for other welfare programs.

Things like Quantitative Easing is a part of the welfare state.
Its a bad idea but its not part of the welfare state which is government handout to individuals

there is some good that government can do FOR THE PUBLIC

the Hoover Dam for instance

but funding pot heads who are too screwed up on drugs to provide for themselves is not good

Things like Quantitative Easing is a part of the welfare state.
Its a bad idea but its not part of the welfare state which is government handout to individuals

That is nothing more than a cop out.

there is some good that government can do FOR THE PUBLIC

the Hoover Dam for instance

but funding pot heads who are too screwed up on drugs to provide for themselves is not good

Addictions come in many forms. Otherwise we wouldn't be subsidizing the markets for years now.

You trying to define welfare as to being what you want it to be is the cop out. Welfare consists of far more than direct payments to people.
No it does not

the term welfare means direct government assistance to individuals

Forum List

Back