Moderate Cannabis Use Has Adverse Effects on Cognitive Functioning,

Pot rots the brain and kills any kind of motivation. It is tragic to see what it does to young people.

Hollywood seems conflicted when it comes to marijuana use. Violent movies and graphic dismemberment is routine but cigarette smoking is restricted. Marijuana use, however, seems to be the norm especially in movies intended for teen entertainment. Smoking pot is cool according to Hollywood. On the other hand the realistic depiction of habitual pot users like Cheech and Chong as mentally impaired oafs is probably more accurate than we think.

Alcohol causes liver problems.
Cigarettes cause lung cancer.
Caffeine causes insomnia.
Candy causes diabetes.

The stoners and their Political Supporters have been lying to us since the beginning. Nothing that alters your psyche is good for you, including alcohol. BUT!!!!!!!!!! you can drink 1 or 2 drinks a day and not have any adverse affects. You cant smoke weed moderately, you smoke a joint your high...weed has one purpose to get you stoned.

Moderate adolescent cannabis use may have adverse effects on cognitive functioning, specifically verbal memory, that cannot be explained by familial factors, according to a study of siblings led by the University of Colorado School of Medicine.

We wanted to expand our understanding of whether cannabis use is related to lower cognitive functioning,” said study lead author Dr. Jarrod Ellingson, a researcher in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and the Institute for Behavioral Genetics at the University of Colorado.

“There’s a large body of evidence that cannabis use is linked to cognitive functioning, but we know that cannabis use is not isolated from other important risk factors (e.g. peer group influence, parental behavior, socioeconomic status).”

“That was the primary motivation behind this study, in which we compared siblings to account for many of these risk factors.”

In the study, Dr. Ellingson and colleagues were able to establish comparisons between siblings and then determine that differential levels of cannabis use were related to poorer cognitive functioning, particularly verbal memory.

More misinformation from people who have no real life experiences with weed or its long term effects which are minimal at best.
Wrong. Dangers of pot are being obfuscated the same way BLM riots are called protests. Many people have known for decades some of the serious risks of pot but it gets buried by corrupt, greedy and/or addicted politicians.
Pot heads are some of the most intolerant and willfully ignorant people I know. That’s what addiction does.

The stoners and their Political Supporters have been lying to us since the beginning. Nothing that alters your psyche is good for you, including alcohol. BUT!!!!!!!!!! you can drink 1 or 2 drinks a day and not have any adverse affects. You cant smoke weed moderately, you smoke a joint your high...weed has one purpose to get you stoned.

Moderate adolescent cannabis use may have adverse effects on cognitive functioning, specifically verbal memory, that cannot be explained by familial factors, according to a study of siblings led by the University of Colorado School of Medicine.

We wanted to expand our understanding of whether cannabis use is related to lower cognitive functioning,” said study lead author Dr. Jarrod Ellingson, a researcher in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and the Institute for Behavioral Genetics at the University of Colorado.

“There’s a large body of evidence that cannabis use is linked to cognitive functioning, but we know that cannabis use is not isolated from other important risk factors (e.g. peer group influence, parental behavior, socioeconomic status).”

“That was the primary motivation behind this study, in which we compared siblings to account for many of these risk factors.”

In the study, Dr. Ellingson and colleagues were able to establish comparisons between siblings and then determine that differential levels of cannabis use were related to poorer cognitive functioning, particularly verbal memory.

1599598866545.png

I can't wait to retire.

More misinformation from people who have no real life experiences with weed or its long term effects which are minimal at best.
Based on that I'm guessing you have "real life experiences" with weed and it's long term effects.

Perhaps that's part of the reason why you are one of the dumbest mother fckers on this board!
It's got to be a contributing factor, at the least.

That and your swollen nut sack.
Yet, some on the left have found that persons who use alcohol the most are usually the most full of fallacy.
That's an overly broad generalization.

Acceptable occupations for heavy users of Cannabis: Basic Manual Labor, Service Industry.

A lot of basic manual labor takes place in such places as factories or construction sites or other potentially dangerous environments. As I, myself, am living proof, there are plenty of good opportunities for even a careful, sober person to get hurt in such an environment, or cause a mishap that can hurt others. (I'm still on the mend from a broken leg, from dropping a stack of drywall on it more than a year ago.) The last thing you want in such an environment is anyone who is impaired by alcohol, marijuana, or any other mind-destroying drugs. This sort of environment can be dangerous enough even when you are sober; much more so if you're drunk/drugged.

Candy causes diabetes.

No, it does not.

If you do not have the underlying physical conditions for it then you can eat all the candy that you want, and you'll never become diabetic.

If you do have the underlying conditions, then your diabetes will probably manifest whether you eat candy or not. In fact, if you're type 1, then how much candy you do or do not eat will have no effect at all on whether or not diabetes will manifest. Of course, if you do have the underlying conditions, then too much candy will make things worse.

Alcoholism has many victims but perhaps the most defenseless of them are the children of alcoholics.
I agree

so considering the problem alcohol causes why would we wnat to add more to our woes through other drugs?

Alcoholism has many victims but perhaps the most defenseless of them are the children of alcoholics.
I agree

so considering the problem alcohol causes why would we wnat to add more to our woes through other drugs?
the issue is do we legalize it or keep it illegal and keep filling our jails and destroy peoples lives for thinking they own their own bodies???

I agree

the issue is do we legalize it or keep it illegal and keep filling our jails and destroy peoples lives for thinking they own their own bodies???
You already know my answer to that

I understand like Charolette there a good people on both sides

but I have given this issue careful consideration

I agree

You already know my answer to that

I understand like Charolette there a good people on both sides

but I have given this issue careful consideration
cant say we live in a free country when our jails are full of people that MIGHT hurt themselves,,,

but to each his own,,,

Pot rots the brain and kills any kind of motivation. It is tragic to see what it does to young people.
I had zero problems having multiple careers and education at many schools and technical training facilities to include two MOS's in the army in six years.

Forum List

Back