Mods: Will the "no gloating" rule be in effect on Wednesday?

Strictly out of curiosity..is this thread considered gloating, sore loser, or neither?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/140352-teabaggers-failed-miserably.html

Gotta go with douche baggery.

Well that's a given..look at the OP. :lol:

I already had. That's how I knew it was douche baggery. :cool:

Libz like that are busy:
02-01-2006_-_licking_the_wound.jpg

Last edited:
What's the bfd?

The "rule" is "no gloating."

It is not "do not discuss the Election results."

The Tea Party movement succeeded in motivating many many Americans to say, "Enough."

Saying that is not gloating even if recognizing it makes me pleased.

Attempting to pretend that somehow the Tea Party movement "failed" is just ridiculous. Noting that the "it failed" claim is ridiculous is not a gloat, either. It's an effort to correct a stupid declaration of wishful thinking.

Properly understood, "failure" applies to what the American electorate just declared the Obama/Pelousy/Reid agenda to be.

unfortunately anyone thinking anyone has won this election is sadly mistaken....i do think the next two years will drive the voter back to the democratic party...remember the last gridlock...the republican revolution.....????

Seems to me if there is a no gloating rule in effect, there should also be a no sore loser rule in effect as well.

Who's being a sore loser?

You are side stepping my point. Not looking for an argument Dis. Just suggesting gloating and taking a loss hard are typical in the political world. Not sure what the purpose is of creating an artifical environment here.

Creating an artificial environment? It's ALREADY Dodge City. Nothing artificial about it.

No if you want to talk about some sore losers .... how about midterms 2006 when Congress rolled over to the left and/or the 2008 Presidential election? I saw some sore losers on the right who I could SWEAR talked for 6 months about not voting at all. No one to blame for those losses but themselves.

Same goes now.

The bigger point is, we spend to much time changing diapers of petty little personal slights as it is. I don't need 200 new threads saying "Nyah Nyah .. I told You So".

You are side stepping my point. Not looking for an argument Dis. Just suggesting gloating and taking a loss hard are typical in the political world. Not sure what the purpose is of creating an artifical environment here.

I'm not sidestepping anything - I'm asking what you're referring to..

If you're referring to me locking gloating threads, it's what I'm here to do.

If you think that by doing such I'M being a sore loser, MY party won so that doesn't wash...

Your taking this personal and its not.

My point is: If there is a no gloating rule in effect (which I presume is to keep the peace).................then there should be a no sore loser rule in effect as well. If not, then you are allowing the liberals here free rein to take pot shots at conservatives and peace is not preserved. I would call it a fair and balanced approach.

It is just a suggestion. Your job is tough enough, I'm sorry if you are offended by this.

She is not taking it personally. She's doing what I instructed her and the rest of the staff to do.

Who's being a sore loser?

Creating an artificial environment? It's ALREADY Dodge City. Nothing artificial about it.

No if you want to talk about some sore losers .... how about midterms 2006 when Congress rolled over to the left and/or the 2008 Presidential election? I saw some sore losers on the right who I could SWEAR talked for 6 months about not voting at all. No one to blame for those losses but themselves.

Same goes now.

The bigger point is, we spend to much time changing diapers of petty little personal slights as it is. I don't need 200 new threads saying "Nyah Nyah .. I told You So".[/QUOTE]

o come now...you can say it in just one thread.....

Message boards make great venting outlets. You know exactly what I am saying, but choose to ignore it and justify a one-sided censorship campaign. No big deal, its your board. I'm going to respectfully disengage from this discussion.

What's being ignored? I have rules. We enforce strictly all of about 3-4 of them. At election time, this is one of them REGARDLESS who wins and/or loses.

You should have disengaged after your first post where you actually made a valid point.

Not that I have any burning desire to gloat on Wednesday. But, Wednesday IS almost finished. And, I have no particular burning desire to gloat on Thursday, either. But that does not appear to be prohibited.

Will people inclined to gloat be permitted to gloat on USMB on Thursday?

No.

Simple enough?

What's the bfd?

The "rule" is "no gloating."

It is not "do not discuss the Election results."

The Tea Party movement succeeded in motivating many many Americans to say, "Enough."

Saying that is not gloating even if recognizing it makes me pleased.

Attempting to pretend that somehow the Tea Party movement "failed" is just ridiculous. Noting that the "it failed" claim is ridiculous is not a gloat, either. It's an effort to correct a stupid declaration of wishful thinking.

Properly understood, "failure" applies to what the American electorate just declared the Obama/Pelousy/Reid agenda to be.

Save your proselytizing for the political forums.

Forum List

Back