Mom gone

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
I really did not want to say anything. She was 92, close to 93. Wonderful woman, always so positive. God loving, just an awesome woman. Gone yesterday. Dad went 94. I'm just having a bad time, can't accept it or whatever, I dunno. Don't know why I am even posting it, miss her bad. Usually called her on Sundays.

I’m sorry for your loss and wish you all the best in these sad times.

I really did not want to say anything. She was 92, close to 93. Wonderful woman, always so positive. God loving, just an awesome woman. Gone yesterday. Dad went 94. I'm just having a bad time, can't accept it or whatever, I dunno. Don't know why I am even posting it, miss her bad. Usually called her on Sundays.
Been there... God bless and God speed to your mom.

Her soul lives on.
Would she approve of your inebriation?

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even when they are old and their passing is expected, it's like an earthquake in your life when they are gone. But the good memories help ease the pain over time.

I'm sorry. I lost my mother on January 12th. She was two months shy of her 92nd birthday. The last year was very difficult for her and me.

As the Greeks say, zoi se mas (life to us).

May the Lord grant you comfort

Your feelings are the expression of a lifetime of love for a woman who gave you everything. Embrace them.

Sorry for your loss.
I know how you feel. My entire immediate family is gone now including both of my younger brothers along with much of my once extensive extended family. Still got one uncle two aunts and a passel of cousins though.

Sad to hear
Even though she was getting on in years, she is still one of the most important people in your life

So sorry

I’m so sorry for your loss.
It’s so tough losing either of our parents. And when both are gone, the grief was so much more intense for me, because I looked up to both my parents. Suddenly we know longer have that figurehead, no matter how old we might be, to help guide us , comfort us, with making a phone call, etc. The dynamics of our whole lives change. Suddenly we are the patriarch. It is now all on us.

I pray you can find some comfort and peace in the coming days. The good memories will help get you through. Embrace them.

I’m sorry for your loss and wish you all the best in these sad times.

Thank you. I'm just staying drunk, not helping.
I know that it will be hard because you miss her, but try your best to do whatever your mom would want you to be doing now. (hug)

God bless you and the rest of your family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Acknowledging everything that she loved is another way to keep her with you. Play her favorite music, make her favorite food, watch her favorite TV shows and movies, things like that. Did you and her have anything like that in common already? If you did, don't put any of the stuff away if you don't want your mother's memory swept up underneath the rug.

Thanks Everyone. I can't answer them all (can't see thru the tears I guess )but so much appreciate the well wishes! Love you all. Thank you again.

Forum List

Back