Montana becomes first state to completely ban TikTok

How will this actually work in practice ?
Will folk be expected to offer up their phones to the Montana authorities for imspection ?
It seems to be a bit authoritarian to me.. And pointless.

How will it work in practice? Montana will tell the internet providers in the state that they cannot offer TikTok as part of their internet service.

How does one get around it? Simple..............buy a phone in another state with an area code that isn't Montana's.

How will it work in practice? Montana will tell the internet providers in the state that they cannot offer TikTok as part of their internet service.

How does one get around it? Simple..............buy a phone in another state with an area code that isn't Montana's.

Illustrating, folks, the left's favorite pastime...............................

Getting away with shit.

Illustrating, folks, the left's favorite pastime...............................

Getting away with shit.

Nope, not trying to get away with anything, as I don't use TikTok, nor do I currently live in Montana (although, that is where I was born). Just showing that Montana's ban of TikTok is pretty much unenforceable. I mean hell..................people do it with guns (buying in one state where sales are lax and transporting them to another state where sales are restrictive to make a profit selling them on the black market), why wouldn't they do it with TikTok?

in my country of Lebanon this week, a young boy died of a heart attack while seeing a scary tik tok video. good riddance to tik tok, protect our children in america and all over the world

I'm sorry, but this is hilarious!

:auiqs.jpg:

such bullshit

The ATF ban on pistol stabilizers that they themselves decreed as lawful accessories nine years ago goes into effect at the end of the month.

How are they going to enforce it?

Go door to door to every home and search it?

Seems a bit authoritarian to me...

...and pointless.

They will enforce it the same way that they enforce the bump stock ban.

The ATF ban on pistol stabilizers that they themselves decreed as lawful accessories nine years ago goes into effect at the end of the month.

How are they going to enforce it?

Go door to door to every home and search it?

Seems a bit authoritarian to me...

...and pointless.

Do you feel the same way about the TikTok ban?

No
Montana is rejecting China's attempt to poison our youth. (Thus far fairly successful)

Sure, because there are not 100 other Apps that do the same thing as TikTok.... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

So, tell me, how is the state going to enforce this?

Will they have police check points along the highway like they do for drunk drivers checking phones for TikTok?

Sure, because there are not 100 other Apps that do the same thing as TikTok.... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

So, tell me, how is the state going to enforce this?

Will they have police check points along the highway like they do for drunk drivers checking phones for TikTok?
They can't enforce it. Obviously. It is no more than political theatre.
But Tik Tok needs to be banned across the United States. Which is easily enforced.
It is absolute poison created by the Chines to help fuck up Western youth. They don't allow their own children to have it.

They can't enforce it. Obviously. It is no more than political theatre.
But Tik Tok needs to be banned across the United States. Which is easily enforced.
It is absolute poison created by the Chines to help fuck up Western youth. They don't allow their own children to have it.

But they do allow their children to have Douyin, which is pretty much the exact same thing.
Also, here area few Apps that do the same basic thing as TikTok, are you going to support banning them next?

1684672630417.png

But they do allow their children to have Douyin, which is pretty much the exact same thing.
Also, here area few Apps that do the same basic thing as TikTok, are you going to support banning them next?

View attachment 787355
All of them put together don't hold a candle to the popularity of Tik Tok.
But in reality, what we need is parents who pay attention and keep their kids off of these apps.
But today's parents are to stupid to even notice.

But in reality, what we need is parents who pay attention and keep their kids off of these apps.

Stupid and/or lazy.

Very true, but once you ban TikTok one of them will take its place as being the most popular.

So you want the Nanny State to jump in and save the day!

Very true, but once you ban TikTok one of them will take its place as being the most popular.

So you want the Nanny State to jump in and save the day!
No. You are not listening, and your replies are predicated on what can you quickly pounce on. Or perceive to pounce on.
What I would want is decent parenting. On many levels.
Allowing a child, many as young as grade school kids, to have a smart phone at all is a mistake. Allowing them to have one without paying any attention whatsoever to what they do with it is equal to allowing anyone to come into your child's room 24 hrs a day - unlimited access.
And THAT - is just how fucking stupid today's parents are.
It is quite sad that the government would have to step in, but it is that - or just keep allowing our youth to turn into anti-social zombies.

No. You are not listening, and your replies are predicated on what can you quickly pounce on. Or perceive to pounce on.
Allowing a child, many as young as grade school kids, to have a smart phone at all is a mistake. Allowing them to have one without paying any attention whatsoever to what they do with it is equal to allowing anyone to come into your child's room 24 hrs a day - unlimited access.
It is quite sad that the government would have to step in, but it is that - or just keep allowing our youth to turn into anti-social zombies.

First you have to support the position that there are all these grade schoolers running around with smart phones watching tic-tok

I am listening, in the end you want the Govt to step in and save us from ourselves.

Forum List

Back