Morality of Wealth Redistribution

I suspect their huge income tax bill paid for many roads. Are you too stupid to realize that?

Weird, I thought gas taxes (according to conservatives) pay for that? But no, their taxes go to the military to keep stability in the world to keep their oil costs high and profits even higher!

Your theory that only oil companies need the military and stability in the world is absurd on its face.

Sure it is, that's why the US spent trillions the last 70+ years to keep the middle east in 'friendly hands'

Here's something I don't think most 'redistributers' really think about. Unless the rich person in question has acquired their wealth via theft or fraud (in which case they should be locked up), they got their wealth because people wanted them to have it. What we're really saying when we claim wealth needs redistributing is that all the people that gave the wealthy their money are "doing it wrong", and their decisions need to be overridden by the state.

The looters don't even try to justify their robbery. They proceed as it's an axiom of nature that they have the right to take what you've earned.

"The only orthodox object of the institution of government is to secure the greatest degree of happiness possible to the general mass of those associated under it."

Thomas Jefferson

Here's something I don't think most 'redistributers' really think about. Unless the rich person in question has acquired their wealth via theft or fraud (in which case they should be locked up), they got their wealth because people wanted them to have it. What we're really saying when we claim wealth needs redistributing is that all the people that gave the wealthy their money are "doing it wrong", and their decisions need to be overridden by the state.

The looters don't even try to justify their robbery. They proceed as it's an axiom of nature that they have the right to take what you've earned.

"The only orthodox object of the institution of government is to secure the greatest degree of happiness possible to the general mass of those associated under it."

Thomas Jefferson

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper,
cheers the spirit and promotes health.
"
-- Thomas Jefferson

There is no ,"morality" to wealth. What a naive assumption. Some people can make money, be ruthless, and sleep just fine at night. Some people can make money and not sleep fine at night and become philanthropist. Some people cyan be poor and happy. Some people an be poor and unhappy. But either way, it's their free will. I cannot knock a greedy prick millionaire. His risk his money.

Which roads and bridges does Exxon pay for?
I suspect their huge income tax bill paid for many roads. Are you too stupid to realize that?

Weird, I thought gas taxes (according to conservatives) pay for that? But no, their taxes go to the military to keep stability in the world to keep their oil costs high and profits even higher!
Are you that amazingly stupid? Tax on Gasoline? Tax on Oil, it all goes into the same pot, and that money, and MORE pays for highway infrastructure.

I'll never understand how left can say it is moral to forcibly take money from one person to give to another.

Called a SOCIETY. Don't like it?

Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father, American diplomat, statesman, and scientist; letter to Robert Morris, December 25, 1783:

"All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it."
In fact, Federal Taxes are collected to pay for the authorized functions listed in the Constitution as Amended; and based on the 9th and 10th amendments it was not to usurp state or individual rights.

What is quite apparent is, dad2three is actually a mindless mechanical repeater who parrots the lies left wing extremist sites tells him to say. We are trying to educate a bunch of cogs and wheels which cannot think. He is a brainless rube.

Says a Klown who believes in myths and fairy tales like Ayn Rands fables. Weird libertarians don't have ONE successful state or nation to EVER point tto that used their crap. (NO the US never did, from day one we used HEAVY protectionists policy)...
As a liberal democrat (not a left wing fanatic like daddy boy) I do not accept Ayn Rand's ideas, nor am I a libertarian, but you daddy boy are a wildly fanatic leftist without the slightest idea of that which you spout. All you do is repeat propaganda your puppeteers spew at you.

There was no healthcare competition. Republicans backed the AMA lowering admissions to med schools to increase doctors profits, protected drug companies from foreign competition to increase profits & used mccarran ferguson act to protect insurance companies from interstate competition & allowed insurance price fixing & racketeering free from federal law. Corrupt government protects profits of it's corporate sponsors from competition.
Both parties allied with the AMA for that purpose. Even as a liberal and a democrat I understand the reality that it is not all the GOP doing things against the interests of the average American.

"Even as a liberal and a democrat "

lol, You made me choke on my snapple :lol:
I guess you are so far left and a progressive fanatic, my being simply a liberal democrat would look conservative. Your stupidity drives you ignorance.

I'll never understand how left can say it is moral to forcibly take money from one person to give to another.

No, it's called government. Society and government are two separate things.

Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father, American diplomat, statesman, and scientist; letter to Robert Morris, December 25, 1783:

"All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it."

Appeal to authority. I've already explained that it's a logical fallacy.
I had a late breakfast at our local Waffle House. On the wall as we walked in I observed the Preamble to the Constitution and read it again. So perfectly worded, even the part, "to promote the general welfare." It does not say PROVIDE, give, donate, it says TO PROMOTE. I believes it means that within the scope of the comment that those WHO CANNOT PROVIDE for themselves SHOULD BE ASSISTED, and in a dignified manner. It does not say, THE GOVERNMENT SHOLD PROVIDE TO THOSE WHO REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN LIVES that we will tax the responsible and give it to the irresponsible. Any one who believes that all of the people receiving assistance are unable to work believe in fairy tales.

Your theory that only oil companies need the military and stability in the world is absurd on its face.

Sure it is, that's why the US spent trillions the last 70+ years to keep the middle east in 'friendly hands'

So you think it would be good for the average guy if Saddam controlled 1/3 of the world oil supply and the price of gas was $10/gal?

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Thomas Jefferson

How does that justify looting what I've earned?

So you think it would be good for the average guy if Saddam controlled 1/3 of the world oil supply and the price of gas was $10/gal?

the price of oil skyrocketed BECAUSE of the Iraqi war... wars make oil prices go up, not down....

Thomas Jefferson

"Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper,
cheers the spirit and promotes health.
"
-- Thomas Jefferson

This quotation has not been found in the writings of Thomas Jefferson. It is most likely a corruption of Jefferson's comment to James Madison, "[Rational society] informs the mind, sweetens the temper, chears our spirits, and promotes health."

Beer, if drunk with moderation...(Quotation) « Thomas Jefferson?s Monticello

Are you that amazingly stupid? Tax on Gasoline? Tax on Oil, it all goes into the same pot, and that money, and MORE pays for highway infrastructure.

"Are you that amazingly stupid? Tax on Gasoline?"

Federal gas tax revenues
can't keep up with spending

A bipartisan Senate proposal emerged Wednesday to rescue beleaguered federal transportation funding by raising the tax on gasoline by 12 cents a gallon

A bump at the pump? Senators propose a 12-cent hike in federal gas tax. - The Washington Post

Last edited:

Thomas Jefferson

How does that justify looting what I've earned?

Libertarians are frauds and parasites but unfortunately have been successful in hiding their dangerous disease under war hating, and freedom loving.

You mean like Europe? A libertarian who wants to control other nations. I'm shocked, no really I am :eusa_hand:

No, it's called government. Society and government are two separate things.

Appeal to authority. I've already explained that it's a logical fallacy.
I had a late breakfast at our local Waffle House. On the wall as we walked in I observed the Preamble to the Constitution and read it again. So perfectly worded, even the part, "to promote the general welfare." It does not say PROVIDE, give, donate, it says TO PROMOTE. I believes it means that within the scope of the comment that those WHO CANNOT PROVIDE for themselves SHOULD BE ASSISTED, and in a dignified manner. It does not say, THE GOVERNMENT SHOLD PROVIDE TO THOSE WHO REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN LIVES that we will tax the responsible and give it to the irresponsible. Any one who believes that all of the people receiving assistance are unable to work believe in fairy tales.

MORE myths and fairy tales, I'm shocked

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households''

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

\
2-10-12bud-f1.jpg

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Libertarians are frauds and parasites but unfortunately have been successful in hiding their dangerous disease under war hating, and freedom loving.

Both parties allied with the AMA for that purpose. Even as a liberal and a democrat I understand the reality that it is not all the GOP doing things against the interests of the average American.

"Even as a liberal and a democrat "

lol, You made me choke on my snapple :lol:
I guess you are so far left and a progressive fanatic, my being simply a liberal democrat would look conservative. Your stupidity drives you ignorance.

YOU are a Democrat of Abe's era, Southern trash!

What is quite apparent is, dad2three is actually a mindless mechanical repeater who parrots the lies left wing extremist sites tells him to say. We are trying to educate a bunch of cogs and wheels which cannot think. He is a brainless rube.

Says a Klown who believes in myths and fairy tales like Ayn Rands fables. Weird libertarians don't have ONE successful state or nation to EVER point tto that used their crap. (NO the US never did, from day one we used HEAVY protectionists policy)...
As a liberal democrat (not a left wing fanatic like daddy boy) I do not accept Ayn Rand's ideas, nor am I a libertarian, but you daddy boy are a wildly fanatic leftist without the slightest idea of that which you spout. All you do is repeat propaganda your puppeteers spew at you.

I do not accept Ayn Rand's ideas, nor am I a libertarian

HORSESHIT!

Forum List

Back