More Americans Have Died This Year From COVID-19 Than In All Of 2020

“More than 353,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported since Jan. 1, compared with 352,000 COVID-19 deaths in the first 10 months of the pandemic,” ABC News reported. “Over the last month, the U.S. has reported more than 47,000 deaths.”

Embarrassment in Chief Biden repeatedly touted on the campaign trail that he had a plan to end the pandemic, a key issue that he used to attack Trump.

His Quotes:

• October 30, 2020: “I’m not going to shut down the country. I’m not going to shut down the economy. I’m going to shut down the virus.”
  • November 1, 2020: “More than 230,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 –– and Donald Trump has given up on trying to get the virus under control. He may have quit on you, but I promise I never will.”

The Biden administration's handling of the Delta surge has left Americans confused and frustrated, fueling media overreaction and political manipulation. Yep, he is an inept buffoon.

Why it matters: The past year and a half have left Americans cynical about the government's COVID response, and — in many cases — misinformed or uninformed. We're getting fog and reversals when steady, clear-eyed, factual information is needed more than ever.

The past five days were a mess. On Tuesday, the CDC updated its guidance to say vaccinated people in hot spots should wear masks in indoor, public settings — without an easy, definitive way to know if you're in a hot spot.

• This was a reversal from the CDC's announcement on May 13 — 75 days earlier — that fully vaccinated people could shed masks in most indoor settings, which President Biden called "a great day for America in our long battle with the coronavirus."
  • On Thursday, the Washington Post obtained a CDC deck that included the eye-opening line: "Delta variant is as transmissible as: - Chicken Pox."
  • Yesterday, a CDC report showed the reversal was driven partly by a cluster of COVID cases in Provincetown, Mass., on Cape Cod, in which three-quarters of the infected people were fully vaccinated. Only a few people were hospitalized, and no deaths were reported.
  • The resulting lead headline of today's print New York Times: "IMMUNIZED PEOPLE CAN SPREAD VIRUS, THE C.D.C. REPORT." The online version adds the vital qualifier: "Though Rarely."
Biden, who promised to unite the country, has resorted to blaming the unvaccinated for the pandemic continuing.

And he wonders why his approval rating is down to 38%?

Truth over Facts
Buyer's Remorse

It's a real conundrum to decide which is the bigger mess here

The vaccines

Or the Biden administration

I already knew that, which is why I don’t go around repeating stuff I hear in the media like it’s fact.

Even from credible sources?

We already know for a fact that the Wuhan lab was working with viruses that can cause Covid-19. This is common knowledge. Thus, my question still stands: Why did they not know how to fight it and why did they not know it was airborne?
This in turn begs another question: If they knew it was airborne then why the panic over disinfecting everything causing people to scarf up all the bleach, sprays and disinfectant wipes?
Unless I see something with my own two eyes or am told by somebody I trust I take it all with a grain of salt. So let’s face it, you’ve never been to Wuhan and you’re not a medical researcher, you don’t know what they were studying and developing. You’re making assumptions and repeating things you’ve heard from the media. Right?

Don’t be an idiot. I don’t have to be a medical researcher or have been to the lab to get info on the matter.

As I said, the lab was studying the very types of viruses that can cause Covid-19. This is not a conspiracy theory, it happens to be the truth.

The only real questions right now are:

1.) Did Fauci fund gain of function research at this very lab? Leaked documents suggest he did. Link below.

New Details Emerge About Coronavirus Research at Chinese Lab

2.) Was the pandemic started due to a leak from this lab or from exposure to an animal? An article in the Wall Street Journal (link below) and other sources say it’s looking more and more like a lab leak.

Opinion | Science Closes In on Covid’s Origins

Ah yes the death stats that make the Neo-GOP happy as clams. Celebrating hundreds of thousand dead!

How come the damn thing didn't just disappears like it was nothing last spring?

Covid could not disappear last spring because of the foolish global policy of "flattening the curve".
What ends epidemics is herd immunity from the epidemic running out of easy hosts.
But if you "flatten the curve", you essentially conserve hosts, making the epidemic last forever.

The truth is the that the pandemic was never under control and there was never any way to control it. There was never any way to vaccinate against it and there was never any hope that it could be in any way shape or form mitigated by anybody at any time. There is no reason not to believe that had nothing been done we would have had the same exact scenario with pretty much the same amount of death and dying as we have now.

What Lefty has never understood but maybe looking to understand now that they are the ones in charge.... Is that fixing blame for this thing is pretty much like trying to fix blame for the next sunspot. But wait I have faith in Lefty!
He will indeed make every effort to blame Trump to the next sunspot!

The one possible exception here of course now that research has demonstrated the strong likelihood that this was a man-made pandemic purposely unleashed in an act of war and that the virus was engineered to be as tough as all hell.... Is that China is responsible both knowingly and ethically and should be absolutely nuked into Oblivion for unleashing this on the world.

Jo

I disagree.
I think the covid epidemic could easily have been stopped several ways.
One is full quarantine. That is what stopped Ebola.
Two is herd immunity through variolation of the young/healthy who have 400 times less risk than those over 70 who are the ones doing most of the dying.
Three is immuno-suppressants to prevent the cytokine storm that is doing all the lung damage.
Four is to stop intubating those who have trouble breathing from their lung filling with fluid, and instead just rotate them often to drain their lungs.

Anyone or all of those things could easily have made covid insignificant.

Even from credible sources?

We already know for a fact that the Wuhan lab was working with viruses that can cause Covid-19. This is common knowledge. Thus, my question still stands: Why did they not know how to fight it and why did they not know it was airborne?
This in turn begs another question: If they knew it was airborne then why the panic over disinfecting everything causing people to scarf up all the bleach, sprays and disinfectant wipes?

Don’t be an idiot. I don’t have to be a medical researcher or have been to the lab to get info on the matter.

As I said, the lab was studying the very types of viruses that can cause Covid-19. This is not a conspiracy theory, it happens to be the truth.

The only real questions right now are:

1.) Did Fauci fund gain of function research at this very lab? Leaked documents suggest he did. Link below.

New Details Emerge About Coronavirus Research at Chinese Lab

2.) Was the pandemic started due to a leak from this lab or from exposure to an animal? An article in the Wall Street Journal (link below) and other sources say it’s looking more and more like a lab leak.

Opinion | Science Closes In on Covid’s Origins

Of course the Wuhan lab knew how to fight it, but it seems any logical was suppressed and instead the whole world was told to "flatten the curve" waiting for the dangerously flawed vaccine.

Airborn does not mean you don't have to use disinfectants.
Almost all infections came from airborn virus landing on things like railings, that then you transfered to your nose through contact.

The lab got covid from an animal, so what difference does it make? Since it started in Wuhan, then likely it escaped from the lab there.

Of course the Wuhan lab knew how to fight it, but it seems any logical was suppressed and instead the whole world was told to "flatten the curve" waiting for the dangerously flawed vaccine.

Airborn does not mean you don't have to use disinfectants.
Almost all infections came from airborn virus landing on things like railings, that then you transfered to your nose through contact.
The lab got covid from an animal, so what difference does it make? Since it started in Wuhan, then likely it escaped from the lab there.

The difference is that if it came from an animal, well, that happens. But if it came from a lab leak, that’s a whole new can of worms and the pandemic was the result of gross negligence.

"And our plan will take time. Progress from our plan will take time to measure, as people getting infected today don't show up in case counts for weeks, and those who perish from those - from the disease die weeks after that exposure. You know, despite the best - our best intentions, we're going to face setbacks, which I will always explain to you and acknowledge."

Things are going to continue to get worse before they get better. The death toll, experts tell us, is likely to top 500,000 by the end of next month - February - and cases will continue to mount. We didn't get into this mess overnight, and it's going to take months for us to turn things around. But let me be equally clear: We're going to get through this. We will defeat this pandemic."

Not once in that speech did he blame Trump for the 400,000 deaths we had at the time either. But Joe is old school. He doesn't realize that the election campaigning never stops in the 12 hour news cycle 24/7/365. The Neo-GOP and the Rabid Right have understood this since at least GW terms. The Looney left is trying to catch up.
You realize you just did exactly what I said you would do... you just parroted what Biden read off of a teleprompter.
Like I said - you are a parrot and a sheep

When the China flu and Kung flu terms are accompanied by a large tick up in hate crimes towards Asian American I think it can very fairly be called offensive and counter productive. What about using those terms excites you so much?
There wasn’t one. And you don’t care about anti Semitism but Asian hate crimes suddenly are on your radar. Amazing.

I don’t know if you think calling me a snowflake over and over somehow makes me feel bad or offended or mad but I assure you I counted that care less what name you want to call me. Just try sticking to the debate in between your insults if you wouldn’t mind
Says the self admitted sanctimonious leftist. You have got to be kidding me. And you are a snowflake. It is not an insult if it is the truth. Just like calling Biden senile is not an insult. It’s the truth.

"Truth over Facts". Whose truth? Donald Trump's lies are not truth. The unvaccinated are responsible for the sickness and death which continues to plague your country.
That would be China and you mean unvaccinated who never had the virus. Be specific

“More than 353,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported since Jan. 1, compared with 352,000 COVID-19 deaths in the first 10 months of the pandemic,” ABC News reported. “Over the last month, the U.S. has reported more than 47,000 deaths.”

Embarrassment in Chief Biden repeatedly touted on the campaign trail that he had a plan to end the pandemic, a key issue that he used to attack Trump.

His Quotes:

• October 30, 2020: “I’m not going to shut down the country. I’m not going to shut down the economy. I’m going to shut down the virus.”
  • November 1, 2020: “More than 230,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 –– and Donald Trump has given up on trying to get the virus under control. He may have quit on you, but I promise I never will.”

The Biden administration's handling of the Delta surge has left Americans confused and frustrated, fueling media overreaction and political manipulation. Yep, he is an inept buffoon.

Why it matters: The past year and a half have left Americans cynical about the government's COVID response, and — in many cases — misinformed or uninformed. We're getting fog and reversals when steady, clear-eyed, factual information is needed more than ever.

The past five days were a mess. On Tuesday, the CDC updated its guidance to say vaccinated people in hot spots should wear masks in indoor, public settings — without an easy, definitive way to know if you're in a hot spot.

• This was a reversal from the CDC's announcement on May 13 — 75 days earlier — that fully vaccinated people could shed masks in most indoor settings, which President Biden called "a great day for America in our long battle with the coronavirus."
  • On Thursday, the Washington Post obtained a CDC deck that included the eye-opening line: "Delta variant is as transmissible as: - Chicken Pox."
  • Yesterday, a CDC report showed the reversal was driven partly by a cluster of COVID cases in Provincetown, Mass., on Cape Cod, in which three-quarters of the infected people were fully vaccinated. Only a few people were hospitalized, and no deaths were reported.
  • The resulting lead headline of today's print New York Times: "IMMUNIZED PEOPLE CAN SPREAD VIRUS, THE C.D.C. REPORT." The online version adds the vital qualifier: "Though Rarely."
Biden, who promised to unite the country, has resorted to blaming the unvaccinated for the pandemic continuing.

And he wonders why his approval rating is down to 38%?

Truth over Facts
Buyer's Remorse
They have just gotten better at padding the numbers. Strangely enough these COVID 19 deaths are not causing any spikes in the overall death rate. There is no excess mortality.

Why do you think the president is begging people to get vaccinated. These are mostly unnecessary deaths. And the unvaccinated are helping spread even more deadly strains who knows what's going to happen next. The way we're going it's not good. If a super virulent variant is allowed to develop it could wipe out millions, maybe even billlions given the population that is most vulnerable. All our technology is going to be able to help us then.
If the President did a better job of explaining why vaccinations are important it would not be the case with so many distrusting him. Kamala said she would not take the Trump
Vaccine if you recall. And they never differentiated between those who have natural immunity and those who didn’t. That caused more distrust. Lastly, you’re a transocrat.

They have just gotten better at padding the numbers. Strangely enough these COVID 19 deaths are not causing any spikes in the overall death rate. There is no excess mortality.

The numbers for 2021 are not out and there was a huge surge in the death rate in 2020

Forum List

Back