More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

---
Which part(s) i mentioned were "made up"?
this part obviously.....
"And then he got the idea to create a Jesus myth to sell his "authority" and convert suckers, pretending he was a convert himself after "seeing" a resurrected Jesus."......

---
That statement is an interpretation on recorded events which themselves are interpretations.
The Bible is full of stories and their interpretations, no?
Or, do you believe Eve was created from Adam's rib instead of from scratch?

except that our genetic eve was a few hundred thousand years older than our genetic adam

:)

so you figure men evolved first, hung around for a couple of hundred thousand years and then women evolved?........

bible said man was first, had a wife who wanted to be his equal, didn't work out well
your comprehension is worse than I thought.....

lol......you want proof?......if you had proof it wouldn't be a choice.......
So you have no proof? Got it. So basically, it's all fantasy.
I have exactly as much proof of what I believe as you have of yours?.......does that make your beliefs fantasies as well?......
I'm agnostic, I see no solid proof for or against the possibility or not of a god. The only rational position to have. You better stick to fantasy, it's easier and won't make you think too hard.
no....you are antagonistic.......an agnostic would not state that a belief in God is a fantasy.......sorry, but apparently you are so confused you don't even know what you believe......
Right now your God is a fantasy until you can prove otherwise. Pretty simple really.
then the same is true about life climbing out of mud puddles after being struck by lightening....

I have exactly as much proof of what I believe as you have of yours?.......does that make your beliefs fantasies as well?......
I'm agnostic, I see no solid proof for or against the possibility or not of a god. The only rational position to have. You better stick to fantasy, it's easier and won't make you think too hard.
no....you are antagonistic.......an agnostic would not state that a belief in God is a fantasy.......sorry, but apparently you are so confused you don't even know what you believe......
Right now your God is a fantasy until you can prove otherwise. Pretty simple really.
We don't have to prove anything. He'll do that on His own. Let's also establish some things.

1. What's your level of proof? Some people set ridiculous standards, then move the goal posts when those standards are met. Basically, they're not going to believe, no matter what.
2. What difference would it make to you if you were forced to acknowledge God's existence?
1. I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god. I'd need solid, TANGIBLE proof. Irrefutable proof proven by science.
2. The only way I'd be forced to accept god is with what I wrote for proof that I'd need. In that case, I'd have no problem acknowledging that god exists. In front of irrefutable scientific proof, I'd have no problem at all.
You're not agnostic. You sound like an ignoramus every time you say that.

---
Paul did not know Jesus and never met him in reality. His initial reaction to the newly formed Christian movement was to zealously persecute its early followers and to violently attempt to destroy the movement.

And them he got the idea to create a Jesus myth to sell his "authority" and convert suckers, pretending he was a convert himself after "seeing" a resurrected Jesus.
His con game was effective, and he proceeded to write much of the NT crap or his name was used in the holy book publications by other con men.

And now you know the rest of the amazing story!
At least the parts that you made up because you don't like the original.

---
this part obviously.....
"And then he got the idea to create a Jesus myth to sell his "authority" and convert suckers, pretending he was a convert himself after "seeing" a resurrected Jesus."......

---
That statement is an interpretation of recorded events which themselves are interpretations.
no.....the statement is shit you made up......

---
And you believe the shit that was made up in the Book of Genesis?
That Eve came from Adam's rib?
Or was that an "interpretation" by Moses who misunderstood what God told him? :)

Seem like obvious mythology to me, but I am a rational scientist.

IF he indeed ever existed.

So much Roman documentation on Paul - but not a single word about Jesus - it's all a bit odd.
Paul appealed his case to Ceasar, Jesus did not. Paul traveled to Rome and preached there, Jesus did not. Naturally, Romans would have more documentation on him.

---
Paul did not know Jesus and never met him in reality. His initial reaction to the newly formed Christian movement was to zealously persecute its early followers and to violently attempt to destroy the movement.

And them he got the idea to create a Jesus myth to sell his "authority" and convert suckers, pretending he was a convert himself after "seeing" a resurrected Jesus.
His con game was effective, and he proceeded to write much of the NT crap or his name was used in the holy book publications by other con men.

And now you know the rest of the amazing story!

---
Let's see, there's the part about "create a Jesus myth". That was made up. Then there's the part about a "con game". That also was made up.

Let's put your feeble hypothesis to the test. Saul was a high ranking, well respected, powerful Jewish Pharisee and a Roman citizen. He was about as well off as you could get in Israel at that time. Now, you want to say that he had the bright idea one day to just chuck all of that in the trash can and become a despised member of a movement that didn't accept him for over a decade, get the snot beat out of him multiple times, be stoned and left for dead, be ship wrecked, arrested and chained to a Roman guard for years, and ultimately executed in Rome.

Wow, that's an idiotic idea, to say the least.

---
Paul came from a very religious background (folks who are used to persecution), and he was very ambitious. He did develop a following, no?
Ambitious people often have big egos and make up or embellish facts to suit their needs.

We don't have to prove anything. He'll do that on His own. Let's also establish some things.

1. What's your level of proof? Some people set ridiculous standards, then move the goal posts when those standards are met. Basically, they're not going to believe, no matter what.
2. What difference would it make to you if you were forced to acknowledge God's existence?
1. I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god. I'd need solid, TANGIBLE proof. Irrefutable proof proven by science.
2. The only way I'd be forced to accept god is with what I wrote for proof that I'd need. In that case, I'd have no problem acknowledging that god exists. In front of irrefutable scientific proof, I'd have no problem at all.

---
One can be agnostic about the existence of a "god", and atheistic about a god's existence as portrayed in the Torah/Bible/Quran, and ignostic about the meaning of "god".

Depending on the context, I am all three.

---
this part obviously.....

---
That statement is an interpretation of recorded events which themselves are interpretations.

---
Or was that an "interpretation" by Moses who misunderstood what God told him? :)

I seem to recall I have already stated I do not believe Eve was created from Adam's rib......do you pretend I do because you hope to find it easier to win this argument in that event.......if so, sorry......it sucks but you will have to come with a real argument this time.....

---
One can be agnostic about the existence of a "god", and atheistic about a god's existence as portrayed in the Torah/Bible/Quran, and ignostic about the meaning of "god".

and ignorant of everything......score four......

I'd need solid, TANGIBLE proof. Irrefutable proof proven by science.
I see why you don't believe in free choice....you want a life where everything is handed to you and you cannot refute it.......
I don't believe in free choice? What am I, a fucking communist? :D
So proof of your god is too much to ask for? Man, that's whack!

I'm an ignoramus because I demand proof before I can believe something? Umm... No. :D

So you have no proof? Got it. So basically, it's all fantasy.
then the same is true about life climbing out of mud puddles after being struck by lightening....
It's the leading theory. I never claimed otherwise.

What do you mean by scientific proof?
That science can prove. Right now, science can't prove that an invisible being that made the universe in 6 days and then needed a day off even exists.
Is that God's fault or science's limitation? IOW, why would you expect science to attempt to prove God's existence when it appears that most scientists would much rather prove the opposite? And, why do you think a being so superior to human science would allow Himself to be so limited that science could prove HIs existence? Science requires replicability. A given set of inputs generates a given set of outputs. Why would God limit Himself like that? He shows up at the Super Bowl half time show, does irrefutable miracles. Thousands believe, millions believe they're seeing special effects. 20 years later, science writes the whole thing off as a hoax, because it can't replicate anything that happened. See how that works? "Do a trick" is not a good way for God to demonstrate Himself, because there would be a never ending demand for more tricks to convince more unbelievers.
Why would your god hide its existence on purpose? Isn't the point of the bible to get people to believe in that god? So if your god does exist, why would I need to follow a book to find it?

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1

---

and ignorant of everything......score four......

---
I am proud to be honest about my vast ignorance, and I am sure I know more than you.

---
this part obviously.....

---

---

I seem to recall I have already stated I do not believe Eve was created from Adam's rib......do you pretend I do because you hope to find it easier to win this argument in that event.......if so, sorry......it sucks but you will have to come with a real argument this time.....

---
Then how do you explain your disbelief in the Eve-from-rib story, yet your selected beliefs in other stories?
No interpretation going on?
Obviously, there's negligible evidence.

I'd need solid, TANGIBLE proof. Irrefutable proof proven by science.
I see why you don't believe in free choice....you want a life where everything is handed to you and you cannot refute it.......
I don't believe in free choice? What am I, a fucking communist? :D
So proof of your god is too much to ask for? Man, that's whack!

---
"proof" is too extreme.
I'll take ANY evidence that's rational.

I'm an ignoramus because I demand proof before I can believe something? Umm... No. :D
No, you're an ignoramus because you obviously don't know what agnostic means.

No, you're an ignoramus because you obviously don't know what agnostic means.
So you're obviously going to enlighten me... :popcorn:

It's the leading theory. I never claimed otherwise.
not a theory....a theory needs to be testable.....its a statement of your faith, unproven.....by your standard, that makes it a fantasy......

Forum List

Back