More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

---
Then how do you explain your disbelief in the Eve-from-rib story, yet your selected beliefs in other stories?
????......you DO understand how faith works right?......a person makes choices........so yes......selected......

---
You DO understand what faith is, don't you?
Faith is a lack of knowledge,
ROFL......then you have derived your definition of faith through faith.......

---
I can only shake my head in sadness.
You seem to not understand how evidence leads to knowledge that erases the need for blind faith.

I'm agnostic, I see no solid proof for or against the possibility or not of a god. The only rational position to have. You better stick to fantasy, it's easier and won't make you think too hard.
no....you are antagonistic.......an agnostic would not state that a belief in God is a fantasy.......sorry, but apparently you are so confused you don't even know what you believe......
Right now your God is a fantasy until you can prove otherwise. Pretty simple really.
We don't have to prove anything. He'll do that on His own. Let's also establish some things.

1. What's your level of proof? Some people set ridiculous standards, then move the goal posts when those standards are met. Basically, they're not going to believe, no matter what.
2. What difference would it make to you if you were forced to acknowledge God's existence?
1. I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god. I'd need solid, TANGIBLE proof. Irrefutable proof proven by science.
2. The only way I'd be forced to accept god is with what I wrote for proof that I'd need. In that case, I'd have no problem acknowledging that god exists. In front of irrefutable scientific proof, I'd have no problem at all.

it's going to be odd and quite sad to watch you when you stand before the Lord and explain to Him that you won't believe He is there without irrefutable proof proven by science.
Your "Lord" is a myth with no proof whatsoever.

If you don't believe that a woman was made from a man's rib, then your not a christian. Pretty simple really, you either obey the whole book or you're a faker.

Its really not that simple. Jesus told Peter, "If you love me, feed my sheep.".

How many people who profess a love for Jesus and claim to be christian do not feed sheep?

Are they all simply fakers or was the command to feed sheep never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people??

In the same way the story of Adam and Eve was never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people.

The story of Adam and Eve may not be history and it may contradict well know facts about reality, talking serpent, etc., but it conveys truth nevertheless, like the hidden moral of a fable, to all those with the intelligence to perceive it.
Jesus asked peter to feed his sheep, not everyone who luvs him. Geez, get your made up stories straight.

Right now your God is a fantasy until you can prove otherwise. Pretty simple really.
then the same is true about life climbing out of mud puddles after being struck by lightening....
It's the leading theory. I never claimed otherwise.
not a theory....a theory needs to be testable.....its a statement of your faith, unproven.....by your standard, that makes it a fantasy......
No, it's being tested these days in labs.

lol.....you simple minded twit.......its not being tested anywhere by anyone......

Scientist Craig Venter creates life for first time in laboratory sparking debate about playing god - Telegraph
First Life with Alien DNA Created in Lab - Scientific American
Formation of life s building blocks recreated in lab - New Scientist
Use google to find more links... You fucking retard. :D

---
Then how do you explain your disbelief in the Eve-from-rib story, yet your selected beliefs in other stories?
????......you DO understand how faith works right?......a person makes choices........so yes......selected......
If you don't believe that a woman was made from a man's rib, then your not a christian .
lol.....and if you think that abiogenesis qualifies as a theory you're not a real rationalist.......
I don't care about that, but you just admitted that you're not a real Christian. Now you know.

then the same is true about life climbing out of mud puddles after being struck by lightening....
not a theory....a theory needs to be testable.....its a statement of your faith, unproven.....by your standard, that makes it a fantasy......

---
A theory does NOT need to be testable, but it needs to have a rational explanation.
There are philosophical theories as well as scientific theories.
Philosophy is the basis of science.
/grins....the NEW scientific method....."If I can talk you into believing it, its a scientific fact".....how times have changed,........

---
Making up crap again to suit your ignorance about science & philosophy?
lol....you tell me the new scientific method is to come up with a rational explanation and then accuse ME of making up crap?.....shucks, in my day science had to prove things before they were things.......

---
If you don't believe that a woman was made from a man's rib, then your not a christian .
lol.....and if you think that abiogenesis qualifies as a theory you're not a real rationalist.......
I don't care about that, but you just admitted that you're not a real Christian. Now you know.
as far as I can see I have only admitted you don't have a real argument......

---

---
You DO understand what faith is, don't you?
Faith is a lack of knowledge,
ROFL......then you have derived your definition of faith through faith.......

---
I can only shake my head in sadness.
You seem to not understand how evidence leads to knowledge that erases the need for blind faith.

lol...the funny thing is, we were using the example of life crawling out of a mud puddle and you start talking about evidence.......you are a sorry excuse for a rationalist......

No, it's being tested these days in labs.

lol.....you simple minded twit.......its not being tested anywhere by anyone......

Scientist Craig Venter creates life for first time in laboratory sparking debate about playing god - Telegraph
First Life with Alien DNA Created in Lab - Scientific American
Formation of life s building blocks recreated in lab - New Scientist
Use google to find more links... You fucking retard. :D
lol.....you call me a fucking retard, yet you fell for this guys claim he created life?.....from your first link...
"Finally they developed a technique of stripping bacteria cells of all original DNA and substituting it with the new artificial code."

if they hadn't started with existing living cells they would not have succeeded.......they didn't "create" anything.....they changed the nature of an already living cell......

and you were stupid enough to fall for a headline......rofl......

"and inserted the whole thing into E. coli cells. With the diatom protein supplying a diet of foreign nucleotides, the plasmid was copied and passed on to dividing E. coli cells for nearly a week. When the supply of foreign nucleotides ran out, the bacteria replaced the foreign bases with natural ones."
from your second link...this life they "created" couldn't even reproduce itself......

no....you are antagonistic.......an agnostic would not state that a belief in God is a fantasy.......sorry, but apparently you are so confused you don't even know what you believe......
We don't have to prove anything. He'll do that on His own. Let's also establish some things.

1. What's your level of proof? Some people set ridiculous standards, then move the goal posts when those standards are met. Basically, they're not going to believe, no matter what.
2. What difference would it make to you if you were forced to acknowledge God's existence?
1. I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god. I'd need solid, TANGIBLE proof. Irrefutable proof proven by science.
2. The only way I'd be forced to accept god is with what I wrote for proof that I'd need. In that case, I'd have no problem acknowledging that god exists. In front of irrefutable scientific proof, I'd have no problem at all.

it's going to be odd and quite sad to watch you when you stand before the Lord and explain to Him that you won't believe He is there without irrefutable proof proven by science.
Your "Lord" is a myth with no proof whatsoever.

I see evidence all around me of the Lord. You can shove your head in the sand and declare all the evidence you want invalid but it doesn't change the fact that He lives and loves you. Nor does it change the fact that He does reveal Himself to those who seek Him.

I hope someday when you have been humbled by life that you will remember that He loves you and that when you seek Him, you will find Him.

If you don't believe that a woman was made from a man's rib, then your not a christian. Pretty simple really, you either obey the whole book or you're a faker.

How many people who profess a love for Jesus and claim to be christian do not feed sheep?

Are they all simply fakers or was the command to feed sheep never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people??

In the same way the story of Adam and Eve was never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people.

The story of Adam and Eve may not be history and it may contradict well know facts about reality, talking serpent, etc., but it conveys truth nevertheless, like the hidden moral of a fable, to all those with the intelligence to perceive it.

How many that claim to be christians have a full table and don't feed the poor?

Paul appealed his case to Ceasar, Jesus did not. Paul traveled to Rome and preached there, Jesus did not. Naturally, Romans would have more documentation on him.

---
Paul did not know Jesus and never met him in reality. His initial reaction to the newly formed Christian movement was to zealously persecute its early followers and to violently attempt to destroy the movement.

And them he got the idea to create a Jesus myth to sell his "authority" and convert suckers, pretending he was a convert himself after "seeing" a resurrected Jesus.
His con game was effective, and he proceeded to write much of the NT crap or his name was used in the holy book publications by other con men.

And now you know the rest of the amazing story!
At least the parts that you made up because you don't like the original.

---
Which part(s) i mentioned were "made up"?
Let's see, there's the part about "create a Jesus myth". That was made up. Then there's the part about a "con game". That also was made up.

Let's put your feeble hypothesis to the test. Saul was a high ranking, well respected, powerful Jewish Pharisee and a Roman citizen. He was about as well off as you could get in Israel at that time. Now, you want to say that he had the bright idea one day to just chuck all of that in the trash can and become a despised member of a movement that didn't accept him for over a decade, get the snot beat out of him multiple times, be stoned and left for dead, be ship wrecked, arrested and chained to a Roman guard for years, and ultimately executed in Rome.

Wow, that's an idiotic idea, to say the least.

---
Paul came from a very religious background (folks who are used to persecution), and he was very ambitious. He did develop a following, no?
Ambitious people often have big egos and make up or embellish facts to suit their needs.
Again, he was a very powerful, prosperous, well known Pharisee, at the top of the religious power structure of his day. You want us to believe he traded all that in for all the stuff he suffered, to become one of the people he persecuted, based on stuff he made up himself? Utter hogwash.

Far too many. What's your point, that Christians can be hypocrites? Obviously they can.

What do you mean by scientific proof?
That science can prove. Right now, science can't prove that an invisible being that made the universe in 6 days and then needed a day off even exists.
Is that God's fault or science's limitation? IOW, why would you expect science to attempt to prove God's existence when it appears that most scientists would much rather prove the opposite? And, why do you think a being so superior to human science would allow Himself to be so limited that science could prove HIs existence? Science requires replicability. A given set of inputs generates a given set of outputs. Why would God limit Himself like that? He shows up at the Super Bowl half time show, does irrefutable miracles. Thousands believe, millions believe they're seeing special effects. 20 years later, science writes the whole thing off as a hoax, because it can't replicate anything that happened. See how that works? "Do a trick" is not a good way for God to demonstrate Himself, because there would be a never ending demand for more tricks to convince more unbelievers.
Why would your god hide its existence on purpose? Isn't the point of the bible to get people to believe in that god? So if your god does exist, why would I need to follow a book to find it?
God shows up to you personally, demonstrates his existence to your total satisfaction, yet you refuse to believe because no scientist is able to replicate what happened in the lab? You're putting an awful lot of faith in something that is proven wrong repeatedly.

how many who claim to be atheists have a full table and don't feed the poor?.....

---
It really is that simple from an anthropological view.
The OT originated from the more educated members of ancient society (those who could write) and who were ignorant about life's origins (like ALL of us), but felt compelled to explain and demonstrate their relative intelligence, and political standing within their society.

Hence, stories were made up that were taken literally in those days.
Fast forward a few thousand years, with modern science providing evidence that "man" is not the center of the universe ...
Well, now a Bible interpreter says we should not take those stories literally, and we should be able to pick & choose what tickles our fancy, or blind faith.

The story of adam and eve amounts to a fairy tale specifically designed to teach hebrew children about the real dangers of losing ones rational mind in a world where religious deceivers were the stars of the ancient world and like a plague of poisonous serpents were always on the prowl hoping to make possessions out of the gullible like a penned in herd of mindless and docile cash cows. Some things never change.

the problem that arose from time to time when the initiates who held the secrets to understanding these stories were killed during the many conquests of the holy land and the hidden teachings were lost to time and found and buried time and time again periodically leaving fantastical stories that the many superstitious and illiterate invaders that knew nothing of literary techniques, metaphors, analogies, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., could never comprehend.

When superstitious Romans who knew nothing about Jewish thought, belief and literary expressions usurped authority over scripture believing that they were historical records to be taken literally about magical times when snakes could talk, God farted angels out of the sky, and the dead came out of their graves, the entire world went completely mad. Thats our historical record.

And BTW it has been an open teaching of Judaism for millennia that the language of the prophets used in scripture is figurative in nature, the subjects not necessarily directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used and the teaching hidden like buried treasure that requires a sober and rational mind to perceive. Its nothing new, no big secret. Ask a Jew.

The entire story of genesis itself is not about the creation of the universe, the solar system, the earth, plants, animals or the first human beings.

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it, buried it again....Matthew 13:44

Last edited:

how many who claim to be atheists have a full table and don't feed the poor?.....

It is not in their bible or church teachings. At least atheists that give are not trying to gain point to get into heaven, they do it because they are good people who care about others in this life, since that is all there is.
They are not required to give or seek a reward other than a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Nor is there a fear of punishment if they don't motivate them to action. They see a need and step up and help.

Not that one should try to categorize Jesus politically but he was not a liberal. For starters, He believed in free will, liberals don't.
Explain free will. The biggest thing about Jesus was love, helping your neighbor and people in need. Conservatives don't care about people in need, they're more concerned about costs than they are about all Americans receiving quality health care. Conservatives think all liberals are lazy and that they depend on the government for help and they're judged as being a drag on society. The fact that southern states take in more federal welfare dollars than other states is proof that conservatives depend on government assistance more than liberals do. I'm not saying that there aren't any liberals dependant on the government, I'm saying that when conservatives claim all liberals live off the government that its a big lie. Another huge factor that says liberals are more Jesus like than conservatives is that liberals care about God's green earth whereas conservatives don't. They want to do away with the EPA so there are less regulations so corporations can increase their earnings at the expense of our environment. Jesus would be a tree hugger, and who knows, he could also be an environmental terrorist to save our planet from those who are ruining it. [URL][URL][URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?

Jesus spoke of individuals helping other individuals. Today's liberals speak of building a nanny state where it is government that helps the individual. With Christ's way, we have people being charitable towards others; with the liberal way, we have government entitlements. Entitlements yank the heart and soul out of not only the "entitled", but those whom the government is taking from so it can claim the title of benevolence.

Consider: What did Christ ask from the government? vs What do liberals ask from the government? The answers: Nothing vs Everything.

Remember Christ wanting no human coming between God and man? In the same way, I believe he would speak out about no bureaucracy coming between people helping people.
Charities are a huge ripoff, they're tax deductible shelters that do not serve all of those in need. Read up on charitable scams, you'll see they're an offspring of corrupt capitalism.

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back