More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

this part obviously.....
"And then he got the idea to create a Jesus myth to sell his "authority" and convert suckers, pretending he was a convert himself after "seeing" a resurrected Jesus."......

---
That statement is an interpretation on recorded events which themselves are interpretations.
The Bible is full of stories and their interpretations, no?
Or, do you believe Eve was created from Adam's rib instead of from scratch?

except that our genetic eve was a few hundred thousand years older than our genetic adam

:)

so you figure men evolved first, hung around for a couple of hundred thousand years and then women evolved?........

bible said man was first, had a wife who wanted to be his equal, didn't work out well

I don't think man was first.

genetically the female gene is much older that the single male source.

ancient societies were matriarchal. eve might have had several adams along the evolution, but to trace backward to a genetic origin of modern man, adam came much later.
That's not what the Bible says

Go reread your bible. There are three different genesis stories about the creation of man. The first one, man and woman were created at the same time, unlike eve who was created later.

I'm agnostic, I see no solid proof for or against the possibility or not of a god. The only rational position to have. You better stick to fantasy, it's easier and won't make you think too hard.
no....you are antagonistic.......an agnostic would not state that a belief in God is a fantasy.......sorry, but apparently you are so confused you don't even know what you believe......
Right now your God is a fantasy until you can prove otherwise. Pretty simple really.
then the same is true about life climbing out of mud puddles after being struck by lightening....
It's the leading theory. I never claimed otherwise.
not a theory....a theory needs to be testable.....its a statement of your faith, unproven.....by your standard, that makes it a fantasy......
No, it's being tested these days in labs. It's at least a plausible theory that scientists are trying out. I don't see any scientists trying to make a woman out of a man's rib. Is that because scientists thinks that that's completely absurd so they don't even bother trying? Do YOU think that a woman was made out of a man's rib?

---
Then how do you explain your disbelief in the Eve-from-rib story, yet your selected beliefs in other stories?
????......you DO understand how faith works right?......a person makes choices........so yes......selected......
If you don't believe that a woman was made from a man's rib, then your not a christian. Pretty simple really, you either obey the whole book or you're a faker.

If you don't believe that a woman was made from a man's rib, then your not a christian. Pretty simple really, you either obey the whole book or you're a faker.

Its really not that simple. Jesus told Peter, "If you love me, feed my sheep.".

How many people who profess a love for Jesus and claim to be christian do not feed sheep?

Are they all simply fakers or was the command to feed sheep never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people??

In the same way the story of Adam and Eve was never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people.

The story of Adam and Eve may not be history and it may contradict well know facts about reality, talking serpent, etc., but it conveys truth nevertheless, like the hidden moral of a fable, to all those with the intelligence to perceive it.

I have exactly as much proof of what I believe as you have of yours?.......does that make your beliefs fantasies as well?......
I'm agnostic, I see no solid proof for or against the possibility or not of a god. The only rational position to have. You better stick to fantasy, it's easier and won't make you think too hard.
no....you are antagonistic.......an agnostic would not state that a belief in God is a fantasy.......sorry, but apparently you are so confused you don't even know what you believe......
Right now your God is a fantasy until you can prove otherwise. Pretty simple really.
We don't have to prove anything. He'll do that on His own. Let's also establish some things.

1. What's your level of proof? Some people set ridiculous standards, then move the goal posts when those standards are met. Basically, they're not going to believe, no matter what.
2. What difference would it make to you if you were forced to acknowledge God's existence?
1. I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god. I'd need solid, TANGIBLE proof. Irrefutable proof proven by science.
2. The only way I'd be forced to accept god is with what I wrote for proof that I'd need. In that case, I'd have no problem acknowledging that god exists. In front of irrefutable scientific proof, I'd have no problem at all.

it's going to be odd and quite sad to watch you when you stand before the Lord and explain to Him that you won't believe He is there without irrefutable proof proven by science.

More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

- tip of the iceberg ... it's not just christians.

then the same is true about life climbing out of mud puddles after being struck by lightening....
not a theory....a theory needs to be testable.....its a statement of your faith, unproven.....by your standard, that makes it a fantasy......

---
A theory does NOT need to be testable, but it needs to have a rational explanation.
There are philosophical theories as well as scientific theories.
Philosophy is the basis of science.

---
Then how do you explain your disbelief in the Eve-from-rib story, yet your selected beliefs in other stories?
????......you DO understand how faith works right?......a person makes choices........so yes......selected......

---
You DO understand what faith is, don't you?
Faith is a lack of knowledge, and trust substitutes as an emotional bandaid.
Yes, faith is a choice, and blind faith reflects lazy thinking.

---
That statement is an interpretation on recorded events which themselves are interpretations.
The Bible is full of stories and their interpretations, no?
Or, do you believe Eve was created from Adam's rib instead of from scratch?

except that our genetic eve was a few hundred thousand years older than our genetic adam

:)

so you figure men evolved first, hung around for a couple of hundred thousand years and then women evolved?........

bible said man was first, had a wife who wanted to be his equal, didn't work out well

I don't think man was first.

genetically the female gene is much older that the single male source.

ancient societies were matriarchal. eve might have had several adams along the evolution, but to trace backward to a genetic origin of modern man, adam came much later.
That's not what the Bible says

Go reread your bible. There are three different genesis stories about the creation of man. The first one, man and woman were created at the same time, unlike eve who was created later.
you can reread it a dozen times and you still won't find one that supports your claim....."I don't think man was first.".........

No, it's being tested these days in labs.

lol.....you simple minded twit.......its not being tested anywhere by anyone......

---
If you don't believe that a woman was made from a man's rib, then your not a christian .
lol.....and if you think that abiogenesis qualifies as a theory you're not a real rationalist.......

---
A theory does NOT need to be testable, but it needs to have a rational explanation.
/grins....the NEW scientific method....."If I can talk you into believing it, its a scientific fact".....how times have changed,........

---

---
You DO understand what faith is, don't you?
Faith is a lack of knowledge,
ROFL......then you have derived your definition of faith through faith.......

Its really not that simple. Jesus told Peter, "If you love me, feed my sheep.".

How many people who profess a love for Jesus and claim to be christian do not feed sheep?

Are they all simply fakers or was the command to feed sheep never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people??

In the same way the story of Adam and Eve was never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people.

The story of Adam and Eve may not be history and it may contradict well know facts about reality, talking serpent, etc., but it conveys truth nevertheless, like the hidden moral of a fable, to all those with the intelligence to perceive it.

---
It really is that simple from an anthropological view.
The OT originated from the more educated members of ancient society (those who could write) and who were ignorant about life's origins (like ALL of us), but felt compelled to explain and demonstrate their relative intelligence, and political standing within their society.

Hence, stories were made up that were taken literally in those days.
Fast forward a few thousand years, with modern science providing evidence that "man" is not the center of the universe ...
Well, now a Bible interpreter says we should not take those stories literally, and we should be able to pick & choose what tickles our fancy, or blind faith.

---
/grins....the NEW scientific method....."If I can talk you into believing it, its a scientific fact".....how times have changed,........

---
Making up crap again to suit your ignorance about science & philosophy?
Yes, to many, faith-based beliefs are like opiates for confused minds.

Scientific methods produce evidence, and are the basis of rational belief, something you seem to know little about, perhaps due to your intellectual laziness.

Forum List

Back