More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

And it's completely irrational to exclude all evidence that you don't like and focus on just one type.
That's a good point. Those who refuse to believe will simply discard any countering evidence, even their own experience. You can see that in action in nearly every news story out there, not just in faith matters. "Hands up, don't shoot", for example, didn't happen, but a lot of people insist it did.

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?
Jesus wasn't a liberal.

Liberals feel abortion isn't murder, that Gays make better parents than straights, that lying is necessary, that the ends justify the means, that freedom gets in the way of progress, that people with differing opinions need to be silenced, that only black lives matter, that sex outside of marriage isn't a sin, that it's only a crime if you get caught, and success should be punished while failure or mediocrity should be rewarded.

If you insist on "scientific" proof that God exists, exactly what are you talking about? Whose word would you take, and if you don't take anyone's word, what lab experiment would you accept? Then ask yourself why a being who created the universe in the first place would limit Himself so to being replicated in a lab. He already limited Himself once, how much more do you need?

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?
Jesus wasn't a liberal.

Liberals feel abortion isn't murder, that Gays make better parents than straights, that lying is necessary, that the ends justify the means, that freedom gets in the way of progress, that people with differing opinions need to be silenced, that only black lives matter, that sex outside of marriage isn't a sin, that it's only a crime if you get caught, and success should be punished while failure or mediocrity should be rewarded.
Jesus transcends paltry labels like "liberal" and "conservative". He makes absolutely no one comfortable in their life if they're honest with themselves. That is one reason why atheists and agnostics feel so driven to deny Him. It's not enough to simply say they don't believe in God, they have to be evangelical to drive others away from Him.

God has never demonstrated his existence to my total satisfaction. Or at all for that matter.
does that include your (having a) Spirit, exclusive to your physical presence ?

Science hasn't demonstrated proof that we even exist in a real world and not in a digital simulation. They think we do, but can't prove it. Science can't prove what our sense of self is, where it comes from, or what happens to it when our bodies die. It can't prove that another person loves us, or that we love them.

IOW, there are many things we accept as real that science cannot prove. Insisting that only God must be proven by science to exist is therefore somewhat hypocritical.

Jesus wasn't a liberal.

mud: that sex outside of marriage isn't a sin, that it's only a crime if you get caught ...
Mary Magdalene ....

Not that one should try to categorize Jesus politically but he was not a liberal. For starters, He believed in free will, liberals don't.
Explain free will. The biggest thing about Jesus was love, helping your neighbor and people in need. Conservatives don't care about people in need, they're more concerned about costs than they are about all Americans receiving quality health care. Conservatives think all liberals are lazy and that they depend on the government for help and they're judged as being a drag on society. The fact that southern states take in more federal welfare dollars than other states is proof that conservatives depend on government assistance more than liberals do. I'm not saying that there aren't any liberals dependant on the government, I'm saying that when conservatives claim all liberals live off the government that its a big lie. Another huge factor that says liberals are more Jesus like than conservatives is that liberals care about God's green earth whereas conservatives don't. They want to do away with the EPA so there are less regulations so corporations can increase their earnings at the expense of our environment. Jesus would be a tree hugger, and who knows, he could also be an environmental terrorist to save our planet from those who are ruining it. [URL="http://[URL]"][URL="http://"][/URL][/URL]

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk
Drone alert.
Drone alert? Lmao, so you got nothing. Not the least bit surprising.

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

Why would your god hide its existence on purpose? Isn't the point of the bible to get people to believe in that god? So if your god does exist, why would I need to follow a book to find it?
God shows up to you personally, demonstrates his existence to your total satisfaction, yet you refuse to believe because no scientist is able to replicate what happened in the lab? You're putting an awful lot of faith in something that is proven wrong repeatedly.
God has never demonstrated his existence to my total satisfaction. Or at all for that matter.
And when He does, do you believe it or do you deny it ever happened because it can't be replicated in a lab?
As long as it's a real event and I'm not suffering from delusions like is happening so often when people think that they meet god or his gofer, Jesus.
That's my point. You would doubt your own experience, so why would God bother to do tricks for you?
Better question yet: why is your god hiding? And I'm not asking for tricks, just one shred of real proof. Is that really too much to ask for?

it's going to be odd and quite sad to watch you when you stand before the Lord and explain to Him that you won't believe He is there without irrefutable proof proven by science.
Your "Lord" is a myth with no proof whatsoever.

I see evidence all around me of the Lord. You can shove your head in the sand and declare all the evidence you want invalid but it doesn't change the fact that He lives and loves you. Nor does it change the fact that He does reveal Himself to those who seek Him.

I hope someday when you have been humbled by life that you will remember that He loves you and that when you seek Him, you will find Him.
I should have specified SCIENTIFIC PROOF. There is none of your god. Geez, even the Hubble telescope can't find Kolob, but it can see back as far as the Big Bang.

The Hubble telescope can see through time? Seriously?
Light has a finite speed. Therefore, the farther away something is, the further back in time light coming from it originated. When we look at a star, for example, that is so far away that its light takes 1,000 years to reach the earth, we see it as it was 1,000 years ago, not like it is today. The entire universe, therefore, outside our solar system could cease to exist in an instant and we would see the stars closest to us go out, then those further away, then further away, etc. We experience the same thing with sound when we see a lightning bolt and some time later hear the thunder it created. And no, the Hubble most certainly cannot see back to the Big Bang.
Cosmic Background Radiation - The Big Bang and the Big Crunch - The Physics of the Universe

Science hasn't demonstrated proof that we even exist in a real world and not in a digital simulation. They think we do, but can't prove it. Science can't prove what our sense of self is, where it comes from, or what happens to it when our bodies die. It can't prove that another person loves us, or that we love them.

IOW, there are many things we accept as real that science cannot prove. Insisting that only God must be proven by science to exist is therefore somewhat hypocritical.
I'm not totally sure that you exist either. :D

th

Science can't prove what our sense of self is ...

from 700 million years ago to the present and for all eternity, no blade of grass has been identical or ever will be to any other.

nor anything found in Garden Earth

science can prove the difference between the moon and Earth, the difference - TAZ is indisputable.

It's not a pick and choose menu. You either believe and follow everything, or you're basically saying that you don't believe some of the stuff in the bible. That's heresy. You're not a real gang member. :D
luckily for me it was you that said that, not God.......I am curious......have you ever heard of parables?......
You can rationalize it all you want but if you don't think that Noah got 2 of EVERY animal on earth on his raft (and all the other kooky tales), then you're not a christian. You're a christian sympathizer, maybe.
lol.....atheists get dumber every year.......

What I'm saying is that there are plenty of instances where scientists are trying things to figure out how life started. You claimed there were none. I win AGAIN. :D
now lets be literal......that is nothing even remotely like what you posted.....and I claimed there were none because there are none......life, mud puddles, lightning?......sound familiar now?......if you keep arguing with me, you will never win again.....
Well, if you're stuck on a mud puddle, ok, no, I don't think that they're using that. :lmao:
I'm not stuck on a mud puddle, but abiogenesisians are stuck IN one......

it's going to be odd and quite sad to watch you when you stand before the Lord and explain to Him that you won't believe He is there without irrefutable proof proven by science.
Your "Lord" is a myth with no proof whatsoever.

I see evidence all around me of the Lord. You can shove your head in the sand and declare all the evidence you want invalid but it doesn't change the fact that He lives and loves you. Nor does it change the fact that He does reveal Himself to those who seek Him.

I hope someday when you have been humbled by life that you will remember that He loves you and that when you seek Him, you will find Him.
I should have specified SCIENTIFIC PROOF. There is none of your god. Geez, even the Hubble telescope can't find Kolob, but it can see back as far as the Big Bang.

The Hubble telescope can see through time? Seriously?
Light has a finite speed. Therefore, the farther away something is, the further back in time light coming from it originated. When we look at a star, for example, that is so far away that its light takes 1,000 years to reach the earth, we see it as it was 1,000 years ago, not like it is today. The entire universe, therefore, outside our solar system could cease to exist in an instant and we would see the stars closest to us go out, then those further away, then further away, etc. We experience the same thing with sound when we see a lightning bolt and some time later hear the thunder it created. And no, the Hubble most certainly cannot see back to the Big Bang.
now all you have to do is run ahead and look back at us!.........

What I'm saying is that there are plenty of instances where scientists are trying things to figure out how life started. You claimed there were none. I win AGAIN. :D
now lets be literal......that is nothing even remotely like what you posted.....and I claimed there were none because there are none......life, mud puddles, lightning?......sound familiar now?......if you keep arguing with me, you will never win again.....
Well, if you're stuck on a mud puddle, ok, no, I don't think that they're using that. :lmao:
I'm not stuck on a mud puddle, but abiogenesisians are stuck IN one......
At least they're trying things. You stopped when you were told that an invisible dude made everything then needed a day off because he was so pooped.

It's not a pick and choose menu. You either believe and follow everything, or you're basically saying that you don't believe some of the stuff in the bible. That's heresy. You're not a real gang member. :D
luckily for me it was you that said that, not God.......I am curious......have you ever heard of parables?......
You can rationalize it all you want but if you don't think that Noah got 2 of EVERY animal on earth on his raft (and all the other kooky tales), then you're not a christian. You're a christian sympathizer, maybe.
lol.....atheists get dumber every year.......
Not an atheist. Wrong AGAIN! :D

I'm not totally sure that you exist either. :D
My point is that science cannot prove God, because He is not bound by the laws of the universe.

And it's completely irrational to exclude all evidence that you don't like and focus on just one type.
That's a good point. Those who refuse to believe will simply discard any countering evidence, even their own experience. You can see that in action in nearly every news story out there, not just in faith matters. "Hands up, don't shoot", for example, didn't happen, but a lot of people insist it did.

In court very little of the evidence presented is scientific. Most evidence is eye witness testimony. If we used taz's standards for evidence virtually no criminal conviction could occur. I'd almost say none whatsoever since most scientific evidence is presented in conjunction with eye witness testimony but there might be an exception somewhere

Forum List

Back