More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

God shows up to you personally, demonstrates his existence to your total satisfaction, yet you refuse to believe because no scientist is able to replicate what happened in the lab? You're putting an awful lot of faith in something that is proven wrong repeatedly.
God has never demonstrated his existence to my total satisfaction. Or at all for that matter.
And when He does, do you believe it or do you deny it ever happened because it can't be replicated in a lab?
As long as it's a real event and I'm not suffering from delusions like is happening so often when people think that they meet god or his gofer, Jesus.
That's my point. You would doubt your own experience, so why would God bother to do tricks for you?
Better question yet: why is your god hiding? And I'm not asking for tricks, just one shred of real proof. Is that really too much to ask for?

He isn't hiding. He just doesn't force Himself into the lives of people. He waits for us to seek and knock and ask.

God has never demonstrated his existence to my total satisfaction. Or at all for that matter.
And when He does, do you believe it or do you deny it ever happened because it can't be replicated in a lab?
As long as it's a real event and I'm not suffering from delusions like is happening so often when people think that they meet god or his gofer, Jesus.
That's my point. You would doubt your own experience, so why would God bother to do tricks for you?
Better question yet: why is your god hiding? And I'm not asking for tricks, just one shred of real proof. Is that really too much to ask for?

He isn't hiding. He just doesn't force Himself into the lives of people. He waits for us to seek and knock and ask.
He doesn't force himself into the lives of other people? But if I don't obey him, I burn in hell forever. So tell me again how he doesn't force his way into my life? And anyways, I knocked, I seeked, I asked, I got squat.

does that include your (having a) Spirit, exclusive to your physical presence ?

Science hasn't demonstrated proof that we even exist in a real world and not in a digital simulation. They think we do, but can't prove it. Science can't prove what our sense of self is, where it comes from, or what happens to it when our bodies die. It can't prove that another person loves us, or that we love them.

IOW, there are many things we accept as real that science cannot prove. Insisting that only God must be proven by science to exist is therefore somewhat hypocritical.
I'm not totally sure that you exist either. :D
My point is that science cannot prove God, because He is not bound by the laws of the universe.
And you know that how? :dunno:

Not that one should try to categorize Jesus politically but he was not a liberal. For starters, He believed in free will, liberals don't.
Explain free will. The biggest thing about Jesus was love, helping your neighbor and people in need. Conservatives don't care about people in need, they're more concerned about costs than they are about all Americans receiving quality health care. Conservatives think all liberals are lazy and that they depend on the government for help and they're judged as being a drag on society. The fact that southern states take in more federal welfare dollars than other states is proof that conservatives depend on government assistance more than liberals do. I'm not saying that there aren't any liberals dependant on the government, I'm saying that when conservatives claim all liberals live off the government that its a big lie. Another huge factor that says liberals are more Jesus like than conservatives is that liberals care about God's green earth whereas conservatives don't. They want to do away with the EPA so there are less regulations so corporations can increase their earnings at the expense of our environment. Jesus would be a tree hugger, and who knows, he could also be an environmental terrorist to save our planet from those who are ruining it.

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk
Drone alert.
Drone alert? Lmao, so you got nothing. Not the least bit surprising.

Just not interested in casting pearls before swine. What do I care if you remain blind the rest of your meaningless life?

Considering you can't even bother yourself to read a book in searching for Him, consider me skeptical that you put in much effort

---
Paul did not know Jesus and never met him in reality. His initial reaction to the newly formed Christian movement was to zealously persecute its early followers and to violently attempt to destroy the movement.

And them he got the idea to create a Jesus myth to sell his "authority" and convert suckers, pretending he was a convert himself after "seeing" a resurrected Jesus.
His con game was effective, and he proceeded to write much of the NT crap or his name was used in the holy book publications by other con men.

And now you know the rest of the amazing story!
At least the parts that you made up because you don't like the original.

---
Which part(s) i mentioned were "made up"?
Let's see, there's the part about "create a Jesus myth". That was made up. Then there's the part about a "con game". That also was made up.

Let's put your feeble hypothesis to the test. Saul was a high ranking, well respected, powerful Jewish Pharisee and a Roman citizen. He was about as well off as you could get in Israel at that time. Now, you want to say that he had the bright idea one day to just chuck all of that in the trash can and become a despised member of a movement that didn't accept him for over a decade, get the snot beat out of him multiple times, be stoned and left for dead, be ship wrecked, arrested and chained to a Roman guard for years, and ultimately executed in Rome.

Wow, that's an idiotic idea, to say the least.

---
Paul came from a very religious background (folks who are used to persecution), and he was very ambitious. He did develop a following, no?
Ambitious people often have big egos and make up or embellish facts to suit their needs.
Again, he was a very powerful, prosperous, well known Pharisee, at the top of the religious power structure of his day. You want us to believe he traded all that in for all the stuff he suffered, to become one of the people he persecuted, based on stuff he made up himself? Utter hogwash.

---
1) Paul wrote he was a Pharisee, a group of Jews who represented the common people. The elite Sadducees were the upper class.
2) Paul was well educated and a religious zealot. Having a big ego with a need to be a leader/converter, his personality was well suited for debate, persistence, and social vindication, even if he had to tolerate abuse.
3) His eventual successful leadership based on his "new" Jewish/Gentile gospel, using persuasive references to Jesus as the Jewish Messiah and Son of God (& his BS "vision" of J's resurrection), reinforced his zealous personality and tolerance for abuse from the traditional Jews and Romans.
4) Evidence of his behavioral reinforcement:
Paul founded several churches in Asia Minor and Europe, using his status as both a Jew & Roman citizen to advantage in his ministry to uneducated, confused & god-fearing Jewish and Roman audiences.

From a social science perspective (cultural anthropology, sociology, politics, psychology), the Bible stories are reflective of ancient mythology mixed with embellished autobiographical writings.

He doesn't force himself into the lives of other people? But if I don't obey him, I burn in hell forever. So tell me again how he doesn't force his way into my life? And anyways, I knocked, I seeked, I asked, I got squat.
Let me guess, your prayer was something other than, "God, I know I'm a sinner, condemned to hell. I repent and plead for your salvation".

At least the parts that you made up because you don't like the original.

---
Which part(s) i mentioned were "made up"?
Let's see, there's the part about "create a Jesus myth". That was made up. Then there's the part about a "con game". That also was made up.

Let's put your feeble hypothesis to the test. Saul was a high ranking, well respected, powerful Jewish Pharisee and a Roman citizen. He was about as well off as you could get in Israel at that time. Now, you want to say that he had the bright idea one day to just chuck all of that in the trash can and become a despised member of a movement that didn't accept him for over a decade, get the snot beat out of him multiple times, be stoned and left for dead, be ship wrecked, arrested and chained to a Roman guard for years, and ultimately executed in Rome.

Wow, that's an idiotic idea, to say the least.

---
Paul came from a very religious background (folks who are used to persecution), and he was very ambitious. He did develop a following, no?
Ambitious people often have big egos and make up or embellish facts to suit their needs.
Again, he was a very powerful, prosperous, well known Pharisee, at the top of the religious power structure of his day. You want us to believe he traded all that in for all the stuff he suffered, to become one of the people he persecuted, based on stuff he made up himself? Utter hogwash.

---
1) Paul wrote he was a Pharisee, a group of Jews who represented the common people. The elite Sadducees were the upper class.

The Pharisees were part of the ruling class. As such, Saul, you do know that was his name then, had a lot of power, enough that he was given authority to imprison and persecute Christians. Yeah, that's going to make him want to be one of them.

2) Paul was well educated and a religious zealot. Having a big ego with a need to be a leader/converter, his personality was well suited for debate, persistence, and social vindication, even if he had to tolerate abuse.

Again, wrong. Saul was eager to PERSECUTE, not debate or persuade. Note that he was ferreting out Christians wherever he could find them, and taking action against them, not engaging them in debate.

3) His eventual successful leadership based on his "new" Jewish/Gentile gospel, using persuasive references to Jesus as the Jewish Messiah and Son of God (& his BS "vision" of J's resurrection), reinforced his zealous personality and tolerance for abuse from the traditional Jews and Romans.

Bogus on its face. Egomaniacs typically do not set themselves up for persecution. Instead, they set themselves up at the highest pinnacle of power they can reach. I do not recall Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, Napoleon, etc identifying with the cultures they overthrew, relinquishing the reins of power, and attempting to gain influence by leading those overthrown. Saul already HAD power, and to become one of the Christians was to relinquish that power, not increase it.

4) Evidence of his behavioral reinforcement:
Paul founded several churches in Asia Minor and Europe, using his status as both a Jew & Roman citizen to advantage in his ministry to uneducated, confused & god-fearing Jewish and Roman audiences.

Actually, the churches included people from all segments of society. Paul would debate and preach openly. So much so, in fact, that he, as I mentioned before, had the snot beat out of him on multiple occasions. Hardly a hallmark of an egomaniac who already held a lot of power.

From a social science perspective (cultural anthropology, sociology, politics, psychology), the Bible stories are reflective of ancient mythology mixed with embellished autobiographical writings.

I'm sure you'd like to continue believing that, but your "analysis" of Paul is, quite simply, about as far off the mark as is possible.

What I'm saying is that there are plenty of instances where scientists are trying things to figure out how life started. You claimed there were none. I win AGAIN. :D
now lets be literal......that is nothing even remotely like what you posted.....and I claimed there were none because there are none......life, mud puddles, lightning?......sound familiar now?......if you keep arguing with me, you will never win again.....
Well, if you're stuck on a mud puddle, ok, no, I don't think that they're using that. :lmao:
I'm not stuck on a mud puddle, but abiogenesisians are stuck IN one......
At least they're trying things. You stopped when you were told that an invisible dude made everything then needed a day off because he was so pooped.
I didn't have to stop, as I never had to start.....creation wasn't up to me........

It's not a pick and choose menu. You either believe and follow everything, or you're basically saying that you don't believe some of the stuff in the bible. That's heresy. You're not a real gang member. :D
luckily for me it was you that said that, not God.......I am curious......have you ever heard of parables?......
You can rationalize it all you want but if you don't think that Noah got 2 of EVERY animal on earth on his raft (and all the other kooky tales), then you're not a christian. You're a christian sympathizer, maybe.
lol.....atheists get dumber every year.......
Not an atheist. Wrong AGAIN! :D
you aren't bright enough to even know what you are......

Let me guess, your prayer was something other than, "God, I know I'm a sinner, condemned to hell. I repent and plead for your salvation".
I think it was more along the lines of "God, if you are real send me a million dollars and a really hot chick"......

Not that one should try to categorize Jesus politically but he was not a liberal. For starters, He believed in free will, liberals don't.
Explain free will. The biggest thing about Jesus was love, helping your neighbor and people in need. Conservatives don't care about people in need, they're more concerned about costs than they are about all Americans receiving quality health care. Conservatives think all liberals are lazy and that they depend on the government for help and they're judged as being a drag on society. The fact that southern states take in more federal welfare dollars than other states is proof that conservatives depend on government assistance more than liberals do. I'm not saying that there aren't any liberals dependant on the government, I'm saying that when conservatives claim all liberals live off the government that its a big lie. Another huge factor that says liberals are more Jesus like than conservatives is that liberals care about God's green earth whereas conservatives don't. They want to do away with the EPA so there are less regulations so corporations can increase their earnings at the expense of our environment. Jesus would be a tree hugger, and who knows, he could also be an environmental terrorist to save our planet from those who are ruining it.

Drone alert.

Just not interested in casting pearls before swine. What do I care if you remain blind the rest of your meaningless life?
At least try to make a fucking worthwhile point. Your insults don't mean shit to me, but I'm greatly disturbed by your lack of cognitive skills. If you don't have shit that's worthwhile just shut the fuck up and save yourself the embarrassment, dude.

Drone alert.

It's that attitude that, considering you think you're a "Christian," would have Jesus rolling over in His grave. You're no Christian, you're more like an anti Christian. But not to worry, I'm sure they have a prick section in Hell.

Drone alert.

At least try to make a fucking worthwhile point. Your insults don't mean shit to me, but I'm greatly disturbed by your lack of cognitive skills. If you don't have shit that's worthwhile just shut the fuck up and save yourself the embarrassment, dude.

Oh, I have plenty worthwhile to say, just not to you, scumbag. And if I want to post, I'll post, whether you like it or not...dude.

Drone alert.

It's that attitude that, considering you think you're a "Christian," would have Jesus rolling over in His grave. You're no Christian, you're more like an anti Christian. But not to worry, I'm sure they have a prick section in Hell.

You're in no position to judge anybody on anything, loser.

Drone alert.

Lol, I'm in a position to give my award winning opinion, loser, lol. Rightist's are God's ignorant children, their brains are awash in other men's semen, and their fingers smell of another's anus.

Drone alert.

Lol, I'm in a position to give my award winning opinion, loser, lol. Rightist's are God's ignorant children, their brains are awash in other men's semen, and their fingers smell of another's anus.

Thank you for making my case for me in post #424, for you are indeed swine.

I think it was more along the lines of "God, if you are real send me a million dollars and a really hot chick"......
Most people, and even a lot of Christians, have no idea of what prayer really is.

And he didn't get God's sense of humor when he burned his tongue on his chicken burrito during his big winning game of Monopoly...

does that include your (having a) Spirit, exclusive to your physical presence ?

Science hasn't demonstrated proof that we even exist in a real world and not in a digital simulation. They think we do, but can't prove it. Science can't prove what our sense of self is, where it comes from, or what happens to it when our bodies die. It can't prove that another person loves us, or that we love them.

IOW, there are many things we accept as real that science cannot prove. Insisting that only God must be proven by science to exist is therefore somewhat hypocritical.
I'm not totally sure that you exist either. :D
My point is that science cannot prove God, because He is not bound by the laws of the universe.
And you know that how? :dunno:

and the Spirit is - bound by the universe - Justice is a certainty ?

not sure what science has to do with a need for proving the Almighty ....

Forum List

Back