More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. We're not better off. As a country we are much worse off inspite of the high productivity. The money's just staying at the top and it doesn't do our economy any good unless it's in the hands of the people that spend it.

Isn't union membership in government at an all time high? Aren't virtually all non-elected positions in government union?

2w4y87s.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/22/us-poverty-level-1960s_n_1692744.html

Last edited:
Somehow, I just don't consider it good news when workers get a smaller percentage of the pie than ever while the corporations make out like bandits. Tell me, how is it good news that workers get a smaller amount of the GDP than ever before in history when productivity is higher than it's ever been before in history?

So you're saying busting Unions was bad?

Really?

:D

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. We're not better off. As a country we are much worse off inspite of the high productivity. The money's just staying at the top and it doesn't do our economy any good unless it's in the hands of the people that spend it.

Well okay then.

Erm..

Well..

I agree!

If more of the "unemployed" were WILLING to work the union bosses wouldn't get away with calling so many strikes as replacements would be standing in line for the jobs their members don't want to do.

Percent union membership peaked in 1956. Looking at the data, unions did not cause inflation. Inflation kicked in when congress missed debt payment & Reagan started subsidizing the rich with payroll taxes from workers. Only Clinton & Obama have tamed inflation. Only Clinton & Obama hold job creation rate records for working age population. Only Clinton & Obama have not caused a recession during their terms.

Last edited:
So you're saying busting Unions was bad?

Really?

Well okay then.

Erm..

Well..

I agree!

Someone seems cornfused about something or other. Shelia either needs to re read the question or re write the answer or both.

Hates some unions but wants the workers to be better paid so they can spend more.
Humm. Isn't that what the unions also want?

Percent union membership peaked in 1956. Looking at the data, unions did not cause inflation. Inflation kicked in when congress missed debt payment & Reagan started subsidizing the rich with payroll taxes from workers. Only Clinton & Obama have tamed inflation. Only Clinton & Obama hold job creation rate records for working age population. Only Clinton & Obama have not caused a recession during their terms.

Inflation kicked in when congress missed debt payment & Reagan started subsidizing the rich with payroll taxes from workers.

Inflation was crushed during Reagan's tenure.

Well okay then.

Erm..

Well..

I agree!

Someone seems cornfused about something or other. Shelia either needs to re read the question or re write the answer or both.

Hates some unions but wants the workers to be better paid so they can spend more.
Humm. Isn't that what the unions also want?

I don't believe I ever said I hated unions. I've always been a union person. I do agree that some unions are corrupt just as our government is corrupt, but it's up the union members to fix that, and they can.

The whole union debate is a great example of how the narcissists on both ends of the spectrum can fuck up a perfectly reasonable conversation by looking at everything in black & white, either/or, us vs. them.

There could be middle ground if folks would grow up and get over themselves.

How about:

KEEP: Collective salary bargaining and careful worker safety requirements and provisions

LOSE: Pensions (go to 401Ks) and rules that create business inefficiencies and make it difficult to fire.

There, both sides should hate that.

Always a good sign.

Inflation kicked in when congress missed debt payment & Reagan started subsidizing the rich with payroll taxes from workers.

Inflation was crushed during Reagan's tenure.

Union membership declined after 1956. Inflation kicked in as union membership declined & went way high after Reagan took office. Yes it was eventually crushed by Reagan's double dip recession. But then it came back during the Bush's reign. This is why Bush went to the substitute CPI to hide the inflation.

been food shopping lately? Looked at your electric bill? How about your heating bill? Tried to buy even a base model car? Still think Obama has tamed inflation? how have wage increases gone compared to the cost of goods?

been food shopping lately? Looked at your electric bill? How about your heating bill? Tried to buy even a base model car? Still think Obama has tamed inflation? how have wage increases gone compared to the cost of goods?

Excellent points. I just got a piddly, little raise that in no way will keep up with the rising cost of living. 5 years ago I'd be making pretty good money but today it's just enough to get by. Our economy is in shambles (in real time).

Americans net worth is up $20 trillion dollars since 2009.
America will be energy independent by 2030.
Unemployment has dropped from 10.2% to 6.1%
The stock market has more than doubled since the stimulus.
10 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
GDP has been growing since 2009.
Auto sales are up. Retail sales are up. Home sales are up.
Bin Laden is dead, and GM is alive.
Obama has done a very good job.

Despite Obama's best efforts.

Obama has done nothing to restrict fracking.

Try to keep informed by reading more.

How many federal drilling permits has he issued?

How many off shore? How about that pipeline from Canada?

How much damage has he done to coal?

List exactly what he has done to help.
Maybe reading would help you?

The pipeline from Canada has nothing to do with domestic production, although I agree it should be built.

Coal is doing fine except for polluting 70 miles of the Dan River in North Carolina with coal ash spill caused by Republican lack of regulation.

Despite the one-year drop in production, oil production on federal and Indian lands from 2009 through 2011 totaled 2.027 million barrels. That's an average of 675,000 barrels per year during Obama's term, compared to an average annual production of 609,000 barrels annually during Bush's last term.

The pipeline from Canada has nothing to do with domestic production, although I agree it should be built.

Coal is doing fine except for polluting 70 miles of the Dan River in North Carolina with coal ash spill caused by Republican lack of regulation.

Despite the one-year drop in production, oil production on federal and Indian lands from 2009 through 2011 totaled 2.027 million barrels. That's an average of 675,000 barrels per year during Obama's term, compared to an average annual production of 609,000 barrels annually during Bush's last term.

Thanks for not listing anything Obama has done to help.

This is YOUR comment and MY answers to the above from the IMPEACH OBAMA thread, if anyone is interested!

Obama saved us from another Great Depression with the stimulus, rebuilt GM, brought unemployment down to 6.1%, passed healthcare reform and Wall Street banking reform, saw the stock market soar and housing rebound, got bin Laden, got Ghaddafi, secured WMDs from Syria, got the Iranians to give up their nukes, passed START, accelerated the end of the war in Afghanistan, freed gays in the military, created 10 million private sector jobs, 50 months of economic growth, increased Americans net worth by $20 trillion dollars . . .

ALL without any help from the Republican Party.

10500321_869766466370062_4046517192640119367_n.jpg
\
Hitch_T20140626_450.jpg

The government takes a$10.7 Billion LOSS on GM stock it sold.

$413.6 Million in Stimulus for 34 Full Time Jobs
$413.6 Million in Stimulus for 34 Full Time Jobs

75 Percent Of Jobs Created This Year Were Part-Time Due To Weak Economy, Obamacare Concerns
75 Percent Of Jobs Created This Year Were Part-Time Due To Weak Economy, Obamacare Concerns

Obamacare Will Cause Medical Claims Costs To Jump 32 Percent: Study
Obamacare Will Cause Medical Claims Costs To Jump 32 Percent: Study

Now the above poster has lied on a good 90+% of those items listed, But I'm not going to list them all....UNLESS THE SHITHEAD wants to take them one at a time, and we'll DISCUSS each point!

Forum List

Back