More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

With SOME folks correction/crash are terms that are used interchangeably.

You see now?

Sure, I can see that. These are people who aren't familiar with the standard terminology used by investors or by people in the industry -- just as I'm not familiar with the terminology used in rebuilding a car's transmission. But I sure as hell won't be seen arguing with a mechanic about his terminology.

Crash = bad, correction = good.

Last edited:

You see now?

Sure, I can see that. These are people who aren't familiar with the standard terminology used by investors or by people in the industry -- just as I'm not familiar with the terminology used in rebuilding a car's transmission. But I sure as hell won't be seen arguing with a mechanic about his terminology.

Futures down sharply this morning

-Geaux

You see now?

-Geaux

Ah..so the crash happens today?

:D

-Geaux

Ah..so the crash happens today?

Depends...The fix is in..

-Geaux

You see now?

-Geaux

I'd love to get this done and over with. The fundamentals are there at the foundation, but we're over-bought. Maybe this is it, maybe it ain't.

The Fed has everything so fucking distorted, who knows.

-Geaux

I'd love to get this done and over with. The fundamentals are there at the foundation, but we're over-bought. Maybe this is it, maybe it ain't.

Agree. We are overbought and this 'may' be the trigger.

Europe is bringing them down this morning after 5 days of sell-off and Portugal bank issues. China data also is in play.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Fed says QE likely to end in October. This will cause a correction.

Maybe.

The Market is pretty fickle.

The thing that sort of pisses me off about it, is that strong employment reports generally cause it to sink.

I kinda get it, but it's a pretty stupid trend overall.

Of course, the new normal.

Bad news = Good/green
Good news = Bad/red

-Geaux

-Geaux

Maybe.

The thing that sort of pisses me off about it, is that strong employment reports generally cause it to sink.

I just hope we don't get another negative GDP quarter out of this. Problems in Europe, Portugal, China & high employment ending QE, it will deflate the stock market.

The good thing is commodity prices are falling. We will have a record food crop this year.

Maybe.

Of course, the new normal.

Bad news = Good/green
Good news = Bad/red

-Geaux

That's not the "new" normal.

Low unemployment has a drag on the Market.

Always has.

Why? Because CEOs bitch about labor costs.

However, the other end of that is there are more consumers.

Which somehow gets missed by those playing the market.

-Geaux

Agree. We are overbought and this 'may' be the trigger.

Europe is bringing them down this morning after 5 days of sell-off and Portugal bank issues. China data also is in play.

-Geaux

Fucking China, don't get me started.

We're arriving at the inflection point everyone has been worrying about for a couple of years - will the Fed be able to pull this off, or will it not? The bond markets will tell us, but ya gotta give Yellen credit for having the balls to take that gig. She knew what she was getting into. That's a lot of power concentrated in one meeting room.

Adding to it is all the shit going on around the world.

Once rates start to rise we're done. Right now the 10 year has been smashed much harder than the VIX. The housing market is stumbling along and will fold like a cheap Taiwan suitcase when rates rise.

The 10yr has been telling us all along the market is smoke and mirrors

For now we just need the companies to keep buying up their stocks instead of investing in labor. My 401K really likes it when they do

-Geaux

Once rates start to rise we're done. Right now the 10 year has been smashed much harder than the VIX. The housing market is stumbling along and will fold like a cheap Taiwan suitcase when rates rise.

The 10yr has been telling us all along the market is smoke and mirrors

For now we just need the companies to keep buying up their stocks instead of investing in labor. My 401K really likes it when they do

-Geaux

Precisely, we've been watching the 10-year all along and basing decisions largely on it.

(minor brag: I've never been as nervous as when Bill Gross started selling treasuries and I didn't see it, we held firm. I was disagreeing with Bill fucking Gross and was right - yay me)

It's a race between GDP and the bond market right now. If there's enough real growth, we'll be okay. If not, Japan.

Last edited:
Somehow, I just don't consider it good news when workers get a smaller percentage of the pie than ever while the corporations make out like bandits. Tell me, how is it good news that workers get a smaller amount of the GDP than ever before in history when productivity is higher than it's ever been before in history?

Somehow, I just don't consider it good news when workers get a smaller percentage of the pie than ever while the corporations make out like bandits. Tell me, how is it good news that workers get a smaller amount of the GDP than ever before in history when productivity is higher than it's ever been before in history?

Yeah, and Obama's faux outrage is so transparent on this issue.
His policies which encourages less hours for full time employment and the hiring of more part time employees will insure lowering gross pay for the middle class.

So you're saying busting Unions was bad?

Really?

Yeah, and Obama's faux outrage is so transparent on this issue.
His policies which encourages less hours for full time employment and the hiring of more part time employees will insure lowering gross pay for the middle class.

Eyah.

Except reality doesn't back your fantasy.

Most hires over the last month were in full time jobs. Average pay was 23 bucks an hour.

So you're saying busting Unions was bad?

Really?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. We're not better off. As a country we are much worse off inspite of the high productivity. The money's just staying at the top and it doesn't do our economy any good unless it's in the hands of the people that spend it.

Forum List

Back