More guns keeping us safe.......

By getting the AR-15 banned, they can then legitimately claim that all other semi-automatic guns operate the same way..which they do, including revolvers....one shot, one bullet...so if they are allowed to ban AR-15s or semi-auto rifles...there is no justification to keep them from banning all other semi-auto guns and revolvers once they get power...they will claim they are the same gun as the AR-15 in operation....that is why they have a hard on for the AR-15...it is their gateway gun to banning and confiscation.

Exactly right. Many weapons already outlawed are outlawed on the most meaningless and tenuous of definitions! Such as the shape of the grip or location. They have tried restricting magazine capacity. They have tried restricting barrel length. They have tried changing the intent of the 2nd A to imply sporting, hunting and self-defense. If they can ban a weapon for an irrelevant cosmetic feature, they will certainly try to ban other/all weapons which operate on the same mechanical principle once they get semi auto rifles banned!

Let's face it, either democrats are total IDIOTS going after the LEAST USED weapons in crime to ban, or simply looking to get their foot in the door banning what they think are the easiest to attack with public sympathy and support, so they can then ban even more.

I mean, can you imagine after banning all semi-auto rifles and gun crime continues 99.7% unabated they simply DROP the matter with all the anti-gunner orgs still hanging on their backs? Hoo Boy.

Funny how you moved the goalpost….
No goalpost was moved! What part of your own statement did you not understand?
...but, you just forgot to post a link from anyone advocating that guns be banned in America.....
  • I posted a link. Now you want multiple links (to every democrat in congress I suppose).
  • I posted a link from someone. Someone is anyone. Anyone is a singular term.
  • Advocating guns be banned. Diane and others have openly said they wish to BAN GUNS.
  • I gave you a link right to one of the more recent GUN BAN BILLS. It even gave a long list of the ones wished banned.
  • I even gave you recent FBI statistics that the vilified weapons comprise less than 1% of all gun violence.
And you accuse ME of trying to move the goalpost?

Look you lying, disingenuous ass hat, if you want even more, get off your lazy ass and do a search. The internet is replete with interviews and articles from Democrats for ages lecturing on the desire to register, restrict, confiscate and ban guns. You really dumb enough to think they want to stop with the 1% AR-15 or AK-47 once banned and the crime continues with the other 99%? You really that dumb? Just in last month's Democratic Debate, both Harris and Sanders talked about their desires at length. It's all right on YouTube.

You're right, you don't need a gun, you'd just be a danger to society. Idiots like you need a wing and a prayer.

Toob, you and your NRA pals have been crying "wolf" so long that you don't even notice that it is all coming from you and the NRA, and not from us. Let me outline this in such a way that even you can understand.

I have among other firearms, a .38 Colt revolver, and a Mosen- Nagant rifle, and a Mosen-Nagant carbine. They are all three firearms (guns). Who, and I mean ANYBODY, has advocated that these guns be banned? Can't find anyone? How about a .44 magnum revolver? A double barreled shotgun? How about a 30-30? Anyone clamoring for banning .32 caliber guns? I have been hearing that "gun grabbers" are going to ban guns for decades. I have also heard that Obama was going to demand that every bullet be assigned a serial number. In short, I have heard ALL this crap since the 1960's, and I am calling bullshit. NOBODY is banning "guns". Someone may advocate that you can not be allowed to buy a fully automatic weapon, a bump stock, a 100 round drum, or an "assault rifle". That is NOT banning guns.

...but, you just forgot to post a link from anyone advocating that guns be banned in America.....
  • I posted a link. Now you want multiple links (to every democrat in congress I suppose).
  • Advocating guns be banned. Diane and others have openly said they wish to BAN GUNS.
  • I gave you a link right to one of the more recent GUN BAN BILLS. It even gave a long list of the ones wished banned.
  • I even gave you recent FBI statistics that the vilified weapons comprise less than 1% of all gun violence.

Look you lying, disingenuous ass hat, if you want even more, get off your lazy ass and do a search. The internet is replete with interviews and articles from Democrats for ages lecturing on the desire to register, restrict, confiscate and ban guns. You really dumb enough to think they want to stop with the 1% AR-15 or AK-47 once banned and the crime continues with the other 99%? You really that dumb? Just in last month's Democratic Debate, both Harris and Sanders talked about their desires at length. It's all right on YouTube.

You're right, you don't need a gun, you'd just be a danger to society. Idiots like you need a wing and a prayer.

Toob, you and your NRA pals have been crying "wolf" so long that you don't even notice that it is all coming from you and the NRA, and not from us. Let me outline this in such a way that even you can understand.

I have among other firearms, a .38 Colt revolver, and a Mosen- Nagant rifle, and a Mosen-Nagant carbine. They are all three firearms (guns). Who, and I mean ANYBODY, has advocated that these guns be banned? Can't find anyone? How about a .44 magnum revolver? A double barreled shotgun? How about a 30-30? Anyone clamoring for banning .32 caliber guns? I have been hearing that "gun grabbers" are going to ban guns for decades. I have also heard that Obama was going to demand that every bullet be assigned a serial number. In short, I have heard ALL this crap since the 1960's, and I am calling bullshit. NOBODY is banning "guns". Someone may advocate that you can not be allowed to buy a fully automatic weapon, a bump stock, a 100 round drum, or an "assault rifle". That is NOT banning guns.
13406847_1036498073053910_4677382593372666531_n.jpg

The dolt is given a link to the actual bill listing the banning of all assault-style semi-automatics and still lives in denial. If you've been hearing it since the 60s and it still hasn't happen yet, idiot, it is not for want of trying, but because of people like the NRA.

The dolt is given a link to the actual bill listing the banning of all assault-style semi-automatics and still lives in denial. If you've been hearing it since the 60s and it still hasn't happen yet, idiot, it is not for want of trying, but because of people like the NRA.

Well, it is obvious that you are no longer talking about people wanting to ban guns, since nobody is doing any such thing. Since you are talking about people advocating the banning of "assault type weapons", you need to define what that means, because every time someone says those words, NRA types get their panties in a wad, because the only thing that makes it different than any semi-automatic rifle is that it is black. Having said that, I'll just go to the bottom line and tell you that all of the paranoia in the NRA building is not enough to actually make that happen, even though the NRA assures everyone that if they don't get more donations, the government is going to "ban guns", and ram your ramparts at your house with Abrams tanks, and day now.

Correct.

No one advocates for ‘banning’ guns.

No one advocates for ‘confiscating’ guns.

The notion that anyone seeks to ‘ban’ or ‘confiscate’ guns is a lie contrived and propagated by the right, nothing but demagoguery on the part of conservatives.

If guns made you safer the whole world would have them.
They don't make you safer, they make you more likely to get shot.

Only cretins would argue otherwise.

Criminals, Terrorist and Mass Shooters love naive liberals such as Tommy.
If the far left extremist politicians managed to ban guns, it would cause a blood bath of crime, because the bad guys won't turn in their guns and their victims would be defenseless.

Somebody wants to ban guns? I have heard this all my life, but I have never found out just who it is that is trying to ban guns. He must have a secret identity.

Then you are an idiot because Dems have ADMITTED IT in as many words in recent years, as linked to here more than a few times just in recent months! If it hasn't actually happened yet, you can thank the NRA and the vigilant, proactive people of America!

Funny how liberal's SEARCH functions never seem to work for themselves on any topic they'd rather avoid. OK, here's a link to anyone:

Text - H.R.4269 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Assault Weapons Ban of 2015

Why are democrats trying to vilify "assault weapons?" There are no assault weapons. Ownership of assault weapons was made illegal a long, long time ago after the Valentine Day Massacre. You need a special federal stamp to own one now. What they are talking about are rifles which simply LOOK menacing and hold more than one round at a time (magazine). But that covers nearly the entire field of all rifles and even shotguns and nearly all pistols too despite the fact that "assault-style" looking rifles are at the very BOTTOM of the barrel in frequency of use in actual crimes as reported by the FBI:

View attachment 268905

ANSWER: Because by vilifying assault-style rifles as the easiest to get public consensus to go after, based on the reasoning that after all, why does anyone NEED a rifle with 30 rounds in it to hunt deer, they can get their foot in the door. If and when once they actually get semi-auto rifles banned and it has NO EFFECT on crime, then the precedent has been set to go after the real target: handguns.

Next they will make it increasingly restrictive to own and process even a bolt-action rifle. New York State has long set the precedent where even getting a license to carry is next to impossible. Make no mistake that once democrats get the ball rolling on any sort of ban, they intend to use the continued gun violence as justification to go after all guns until the public is effectively disarmed. At that point when gun crime still continues virtually unchecked because criminals don't obey laws, it will be too late to do anything about it. We will be another England with our thumbs up our asses.

Nonsense.

What one Democrat might believe isn’t ‘representative’ of all Democrats.

Moreover, AWBs are perfectly Constitutional, the Supreme Court having never ruled on the merits of such measures.

That AWBs are pointless, ineffective, and devoid of merit doesn’t mean they violate the Second Amendment.

This and other posts like it are further examples of rightwing demagoguery.

Criminals, Terrorist and Mass Shooters love naive liberals such as Tommy.
If the far left extremist politicians managed to ban guns, it would cause a blood bath of crime, because the bad guys won't turn in their guns and their victims would be defenseless.
More rightwing demagoguery.

The problem with this lie is the fact that no one advocates for ‘banning’ guns.

Couldn't find any posts from you today so will have to go with stale bread tommy

Tommy did ya ever look up the number of gun crimes in London vs. American gun shops? it exposes the lies you're telling

Correct.

The notion that anyone seeks to ‘ban’ or ‘confiscate’ guns is a lie contrived and propagated by the right, nothing but demagoguery on the part of conservatives.

Correct.

Like abortion and immigration, ‘guns’ is a wedge issue used by conservatives to further divide the American people.

Conservatives contrive ridiculous lies about ‘banning’ guns and ‘confiscating’ guns to motivate their base and demonize their political opponents.

‘Guns’ is yet another facet of the dishonest, reprehensible right.

The stats dont lie.

800px-2010_homicide_rates_-_gun_PLUS_non-gun_-_high-income_countries.png

Funny, Timmy, I don't see one other country on your list I'd actually want to live in, or COULD live in, as a free person. And oddly enough, if you look at the green, despite not having guns, many of those countries continue to have high homicide rates similar to the USA, just without guns, proving once and again that banning guns does not work, does not stop crime and violence, just forces people to use something else. Homicide is a societal issue, not a gun issue.

What's next on your list to ban, kitchen knives?

Like abortion and immigration, ‘guns’ is a wedge issue used by conservatives

TOO FUNNY, CCJ! Conservatives aren't the one's mass murdering babies and selling off baby parts, conservatives aren't the one's fighting tooth and nail to block border enforcement, and conservatives are the ones wrangling every other day about gun issues, YOU ARE.

The stats dont lie.
The worst argument ever tommy.... there are 4 types of lies tommy
IN ORDER:
small
medium
large and
statistical
The stats are pretty consistent, there are dozens of these charts and they all shotw similar results.

Probably because they all come from ONE SOURCE, someone like you drawing them up in your mother's basement. Your chart doesn't even have a link to the source where it supposedly got its data!

Forum List

Back