More on the prom canceling

If she wins a lawsuit, the taxpayer will be footing the bill to pay her off, so the tax payer should demand them done away with, because more suit like this will follow.
As a taxpayer, I'd fire the school board and then sue them to cover the $1 fine and court costs the girl is suing for.

YOu obviously didn't know anyone in band, not a lot of gay people from what I have seen. For one we used to buy pot from the band kids, and most of them were a hell of a lot more interesting than the football players. And everyone from my class who has come out has been either on the football team or the track team.

Damn.

Really, I don't care if Queers are in the band, or the football team, or attending a prom, as long as Bible Thumpers can be compelled to ban whatever stupid fucking activity with which they are involved that has nothing to do with Public Education.
Oh, I get it. You don't want the students to have any fun. That's too bad...school is so institutionalized now that a lot of them would drop out without the extra curricular activities. Luckily, most school boards know this and the vast majority of them won't do away with the prom.

PHHHTTTTTTTttttt.......

Yes, Students ONLY HAVE FUN when they are playing the Tuba.

Don't they go home? Is it possible to "have fun" OUTSIDE THE FUCKIN' SCHOOL????

What a freakin' ridiculous notion: Students would just curl into fetal positions and die of Broken Hearts if they couldn't March in Band, or Play Football. Absurd. Almost ALL students manage to get through High School without Playing Football, Marching In Band, or Cheerleading....or Going to a Prom!

School Boards will do whatever the squeekiest wheels want them to do: Like I said, if tax payers are ever told how much all this bullshit costs, they'd shit bricks.

I was a VP.

During Summer School.

When I also Taught.

Running the Circus gives you a totally different perspective than buying a ticket to get in.

If people knew how much it cost to train, equip, and transport the freaking bands, mascots, and cheerleaders of USA Public High Schools, they'd shit.

So?

I guess we should not provide a well rounded education for our children.

WTF does watching some pimply fucker in a Bear Suit dancing with Scantilly Clad Jail Bait to Tuba's playing the "Theme From StarWars" have to do with a, "well rounded education?"

They have proven students involved in programs like band do better in school, and are more likely to go to college. I guess we could be a society where we just stare at the wall all day long.

So?

I guess we should not provide a well rounded education for our children.

WTF does watching some pimply fucker in a Bear Suit dancing with Scantilly Clad Jail Bait to Tuba's playing the "Theme From StarWars" have to do with a, "well rounded education?"

They have proven students involved in programs like band do better in school, and are more likely to go to college. I guess we could be a society where we just stare at the wall all day long.

You are confusing cause and effect:

Better Students Join Band.

Joining Band doesn't cause Better Students. If this was true, we'd buy each student in the entire 9th grade a fucking kazoo every year and add playing it to the curriculum.

"stare at the wall all day long?" What PLANET do you come from? Are you suggesting that human's are so unimaginative that without Marching Bands, the entire Entertainment Industy may be imperiled?

You don't get Cable TV do you?

Last edited:

Joining Band doesn't cause Better Students. If this was true, we'd by the entire 9th grade a fucking kazoo every year and add it to the curriculum.

"stare at the wall all day long?" What PLANET do you come from? Are you suggesting that human's are so unimaginative that without Marching Bands, the entire Entertainment Industy may be imperiled?

What are students going to do with they have no outlet? If you want the answer go to an inner city school with no programs like band or football.
In high school they also do quite a bit of fundraising for those activities, and at football games they charge an admissions fee. At my school if you were student you could buy a pass for the year, and if you are parent you can buy a booster card for cheaper admission. Shit, I haven't been in high school for ten years and my dad still buys a GSL booster card so he can go to football games, and my neices basketball games.
I can't even say how many car washes I worked in high school to raise money for the sport I was playing. We also paid for our prom, and started raising money for it our freshmen year.
But I guess your answer to it all, is just make our kids watch Cable tv. :lol:

Joining Band doesn't cause Better Students. If this was true, we'd by the entire 9th grade a fucking kazoo every year and add it to the curriculum.

What are students going to do with they have no outlet? If you want the answer go to an inner city school with no programs like band or football.
In high school they also do quite a bit of fundraising for those activities, and at football games they charge an admissions fee. At my school if you were student you could buy a pass for the year, and if you are parent you can buy a booster card for cheaper admission. Shit, I haven't been in high school for ten years and my dad still buys a GSL booster card so he can go to football games, and my neices basketball games.
I can't even say how many car washes I worked in high school to raise money for the sport I was playing. We also paid for our prom, and started raising money for it our freshmen year.

And if all that went away because of one student, how would you feel.

Joining Band doesn't cause Better Students. If this was true, we'd buy each student in the entire 9th grade a fucking kazoo every year and add playing it to the curriculum.

Students that tend to be higher achievers push themselves in more than one subject. It's quite possible without the opportunities of band, theater, sports, etc., that higher achieving students would become discouraged. :eusa_angel:

Finally, SOMEONE GETS IT!!!
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

If I went to that girls high school, I would have been right there beside her fighting for her rights.
Luckly for me, the staff at my high school were not a bunch of bigots and this would have never happened.

Forum List

Back