More record temps

You can always tell a numbnuts ignoramous when the first thing that they state is that climatologists don't factor in water vapor, or the TSI. In 1896, Svante Arrnhenius did the first real quantative analysis of global warming caused by GHGs, and factored in water vapor. As has been done every since.

Being that most of the United states west of the Mississippi has records going back less then 120 years. It is not very hard to break a record. PDX goes back just to 1941 or 70 years. That means records can happen a lot when there is 365 days per year to set a new one in. On the other hand if your talking about new york or london fucking England that goes back to the 1750's??? A record is more respectable.

NY actually had record snowfalls for both December and January.

Very true. I think 2010 was also a very snowy year and I forget what other year of the 2000's where it was near record cold, but it was also a very cold and snowy year and had the second president day nor'easter. The northeast been getting slammed harder then heck the past 10 years.

Weather swings that are wider and wilder, with an overall warming.

Of course, if the Northeast was two degrees warmer than normal, and had heavy snow, the deniers here would be claiming a 'extreme cold' spell.

Spring 2011 may well go down in the weather history books as the most extreme on record. From the massive April tornado swarm, to record Mississippi river levels, to extreme drought and wildfires in the Southwest, weather extremes were both violent and relentless, taking a terrible toll on human life and the economy.

On Tuesday, Wunderground meteorologist Jeff Masters posted the U.S. had its most extreme spring on record for precipitation: 46% of the country had abnormally wet or dry conditions. He also showed the graph (above) indicating the percent area of the U.S. experiencing much above average one-day precipitation events was 16 percent, a new record (average is 9%).

Spring extreme weather events in 2011 in U.S.: historic and record setting - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post
Horsecrap. I remember the upper mid-west floods of 1993. History didn't start when you were born dumbass.

I also remember the extreme winters of 1995 and 96 when I suffered through so many sub zero days I never felt the like before or since, but know full well I may experience again.

Last edited:
And yet on this very board you retards have argued repeatedly that the sun had nothing to do with the SLIGHT warming that has occurred in the last 40 years.

When it is pointed out Mars has warmed you pooh pooh the idea the sun had anything to do with it. Until it is convenient you have denied the sun had any effect at all on the temperatures. But since no warming has occurred in the last 12 years suddenly you are all over the idea that the sun caused the loss of warming. Go figure.

When ever we point out cooling trends Chris reminds us that the US is not the world. Yet he can cite US stats and claim it proves HIS claims. Go figure.

Well, we have had some unusuall weather here in the US in the last few months. And, over the course of the last year, as has China, Pakistan, Russia, Australia, and Canada. In fact, many unusual events on almost every inhabited continent. The trend is global, and the events happened both during a mild El Nino, and a very strong La Nina. Interesting times, folks.

These sure are interesting times.............

The "real scientists" padding the data.............:lol:

Changing Tides: Research Center Under Fire for 'Adjusted' Sea-Level Data - FoxNews.com

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

From your article: "We’ve seen only 7 inches of sea level rise in the past century

7" world wide? Do you know how much water that is? Remember, we are in a closed loop system. There has been no introduction of new sources of water. That means 7" times the entire surface of every ocean, river and lake on the surface of the earth. That's "ENORMOUS". There is only one place that much water could come from. "Ice".

and yet on this very board you retards have argued repeatedly that the sun had nothing to do with the slight warming that has occurred in the last 40 years.

When it is pointed out mars has warmed you pooh pooh the idea the sun had anything to do with it. Until it is convenient you have denied the sun had any effect at all on the temperatures. But since no warming has occurred in the last 12 years suddenly you are all over the idea that the sun caused the loss of warming. Go figure.
nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo our agenda!!!!!!!

Why won't reality cooperate!!!!!!!!

Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Spring 2011 may well go down in the weather history books as the most extreme on record. From the massive April tornado swarm, to record Mississippi river levels, to extreme drought and wildfires in the Southwest, weather extremes were both violent and relentless, taking a terrible toll on human life and the economy.

On Tuesday, Wunderground meteorologist Jeff Masters posted the U.S. had its most extreme spring on record for precipitation: 46% of the country had abnormally wet or dry conditions. He also showed the graph (above) indicating the percent area of the U.S. experiencing much above average one-day precipitation events was 16 percent, a new record (average is 9%).

Spring extreme weather events in 2011 in U.S.: historic and record setting - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post
Horsecrap. I remember the upper mid-west floods of 1993. History didn't start when you were born dumbass.

I also remember the extreme winters of 1995 and 96 when I suffered through so many sub zero days I never felt the like before or since, but know full well I may experience again.

Wasn't 1993 a 500 year flood and wasn't 2011 yet another one within 18 years? Right??? Also 1890's had huge snowstorms throughout the united states...With the 1890's having years within Portland oregon having upwards of 20 times the snow fall as we normally get today. Look at new york avg and that was close to the truth for at least one of those years. The truth is "if" the temperature is below 32f and you get moisture it is going to fall as snow, but if the temperature warms from lets say a avg of 30f to 36f within 30 years your snowfall is going to go down. As you can see snow falls often within the foot hills as low as 500-1,000 feet about a dozen times a winter, but anymore we're lucky to have a couple of those events make it to the surface. A climate change means a lot here.

Some of the reports from the 1860's during the dalton shown arctic outbreaks that would make 1990, 1950 look like a fucking joke. I mean highs in the single digits for weeks on end. Pretty much the climate of a different part of the country.

Lets say January's avg in 1860 was 34, 1890 was 36f, 1950 38f, 1990 44f, 2011 45-46f. A avg of 34 is going to produce a lot of chances for snow and 36f is only going to make more of it rain, but 45f for the coldest week of January on avg? You will be lucky and only with a good set up to get snow anymore. The northeast is far colder temperatures on avg and you can warm it up a few degree's to get more moisture for snow. Maybe it does increase the possibility for a big ass snow event? Yes there is huge events in history, but lets say they start occurring twice for every period other wise 100 years ago they would only happen once within.

Last edited:
Some of the coldest harshest winters in recorded history, particularly in the Sierra Nevadas were recorded during the building of the trans-continental railroad in the 1860's

And yet on this very board you retards have argued repeatedly that the sun had nothing to do with the SLIGHT warming that has occurred in the last 40 years.

When it is pointed out Mars has warmed you pooh pooh the idea the sun had anything to do with it. Until it is convenient you have denied the sun had any effect at all on the temperatures. But since no warming has occurred in the last 12 years suddenly you are all over the idea that the sun caused the loss of warming. Go figure.

RHR, first, we have good measurements of the TSI for the last 40 years. And it has gone down, not up. Now had you stated for the first 40 years of the twentieth century, you might have had a case.

As far as Mars goes, it undergoes orbitual variations, same as Earth. Were the sun increasing it's TSI, then all the planets would be warming. At least one is cooling.

Quite on the contrary, there has been significant warming in the last 12 years, as anyone looking at this graph can tell;

UAH Temperature Update for May, 2011: +0.13 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

The Columbia River froze hard enough to drive on several times in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. When I was a small child, my father was driving truck from John Day, Oregon to Seneca, Oregon, and the unofficial temperature there was -60. When Seneca had an official temperature recording station, in the '30s, it recorded a -53. This last winter, I think the lowest that it recorded was -31, and that only briefly.

Portland, Oregon-- long-term cold and snow records and ice storms and silver thaws

This winter, we had one week of cold weather, and the rest of the time, by prior standards, it has just been cool and wet.

It would be more relevant to see the ages of the records broken. But that is like straightening deckchairs on the deck of the Titanic while sinking. Time consuming and worthless on something that's going down anyway.

laughing_man1-1.jpg

The k00ks wouldnt even be aware of the real science that is taking place in the real world. Thats because they spend every day on the radical environmental websites that give you global warming hysteria 24/7/365.

Meanwhile.....in the real world............

VANISHING SUNSPOTS PRELUDE TO GLOBAL COOLING?
Sunspots have all but vanished, and activity is suspiciously quiet. The last time this happened was 400 years ago -- and it signaled a solar event known as a "Maunder Minimum," along with the start of what we now call the "Little Ice Age.

Science Solar Activity Diminishes; Researchers Predict Another Ice Age
Michael Asher (Blog) - February 9, 2008 11:53

Sunspots have all but vanished in recent years.

Henrik Svensmark explains the SKY experiment Global Cooling comes back in a big way

Dr. Kenneth Tapping is worried about the sun. Solar activity comes in regular cycles, but the latest one is refusing to start. Sunspots have all but vanished, and activity is suspiciously quiet. The last time this happened was 400 years ago -- and it signaled a solar event known as a "Maunder Minimum," along with the start of what we now call the "Little Ice Age."Tapping, a solar researcher and project director for Canada's National Research Council, says it may be happening again. Overseeing a giant radio telescope he calls a "stethoscope for the sun," Tapping says, if the pattern doesn't change quickly, the earth is in for some very chilly weather.

During the Little Ice Age, global temperatures dropped sharply. New York Harbor froze hard enough to allow people to walk from Manhattan to Staten Island, and in Britain, people reported sighting Eskimos paddling canoes off the coast. Glaciers in Norway grew up to 100 meters a year, destroying farms and villages.

But will it happen again?In 2005, Russian astronomer Khabibullo Abdusamatov predicted the sun would soon peak, triggering a rapid decline in world temperatures. Only last month, the view was echoed by Dr. Oleg Sorokhtin, a fellow of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences. who advised the world to "stock up on fur coats." Sorokhtin, who calls man's contribution to climate change "a drop in the bucket," predicts the solar minimum to occur by the year 2040, with icy weather lasting till 2100 or beyond.

VANISHING SUNSPOTS PRELUDE TO GLOBAL COOLING?

nobody knows..........bottom line. :lol:

We're finally having a Warm Day, but it's still 5 degrees below the record temp.

Forum List

Back