More record temps

Record Events for Wed Jun 8, 2011 through Tue Jun 14, 2011

High Temperatures: 979
Low Temperatures: 57

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View
Huh... what I find interesting is that right in the middle of all the record high temperatures, there's a record low temperature.

So I started playing. Going back to single day readings, not the more 'awe inspiring' weekly compilations which really, when you look at them day by day, aren't that impressive. And strangely! Follow the pattern of weather! A hot front is moving through, wow! Record highs! Cold front? AMAZING! Record Lows! But funny thing is, most of that activity happened on ONE day.

Here. Try this people. Starting on January 1, 2011. Look at each day of the maps individually with the high temp and low temp checked for a week. Jan 1st. By the time the week was out, there were only 2 record high and 2 record low temps. But as a single week? HAH Looks crazy! The point is most of these temps are not SUSTAINED and in totally different places by the flow of the weather!

You will quickly see how trumped up this bullshit cherry picked insanity is. And how little it's worth is to climatology. I bet it will be even more evident if I can figure out how to animate that.

Whooooooole lotta correlation going on, and not much causation or proof of anything other than you can find anything you want on the web to hyperventilate going on.

yet more evidence Chris is playing smoke and mirrors.

Actually it's proof that the warming is coming from CO2.

CO2 retains heat from sunlight. There is more sunlight in the Northern Hemisphere in June than January, thus more record heat in June.

Thanks for pointing that out.

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View
Huh... what I find interesting is that right in the middle of all the record high temperatures, there's a record low temperature.

So I started playing. Going back to single day readings, not the more 'awe inspiring' weekly compilations which really, when you look at them day by day, aren't that impressive. And strangely! Follow the pattern of weather! A hot front is moving through, wow! Record highs! Cold front? AMAZING! Record Lows! But funny thing is, most of that activity happened on ONE day.

Here. Try this people. Starting on January 1, 2011. Look at each day of the maps individually with the high temp and low temp checked for a week. Jan 1st. By the time the week was out, there were only 2 record high and 2 record low temps. But as a single week? HAH Looks crazy! The point is most of these temps are not SUSTAINED and in totally different places by the flow of the weather!

You will quickly see how trumped up this bullshit cherry picked insanity is. And how little it's worth is to climatology. I bet it will be even more evident if I can figure out how to animate that.

Whooooooole lotta correlation going on, and not much causation or proof of anything other than you can find anything you want on the web to hyperventilate going on.

Utter nonsense. :lol:

So CO2 geniuses...

Any guesses whether we are driving more or less with increase gas prices?

With all these increased temps, we using more or less heating products?

Still confused about all those weather stations next to increasing heat sources and black top?

Telling a lie 50,000 times doesn't make it any more true. Gore the Guru is revealed for the nutcase, money grubbing person he is. HE doesn't believe this crap, yet you swallow it completely.

CO2 retains heat from sunlight. There is more sunlight in the Northern Hemisphere in June than January, thus more record heat in June.

If that's true why is almost the entire state of Nevada, a desert state, still running below average temps? In some cases far below average. Kinda blows a whole in your religious dogma there.

If that's true why is almost the entire state of Nevada, a desert state, still running below average temps? In some cases far below average. Kinda blows a whole in your religious dogma there.

Negative PDO, which promotes a cooler western United states trough=dip in the jet stream. On the other hand down stream there is a ridge and a heat wave within the eastern part of the US.

Negative PDO, which promotes a cooler western United states trough=dip in the jet stream. On the other hand down stream there is a ridge and a heat wave within the eastern part of the US.

Yes, I know that. However if what Chris is claiming is true the entire northern hemisphere must be warmer and that is clearly not the case.

Yes, I know that. However if what Chris is claiming is true the entire northern hemisphere must be warmer and that is clearly not the case.

Actually it is.

The extraordinary heat wave in Russia last year was a good example.

Now Mathew, don't confuse Walleyes with facts and logic.:lol:

The site the Chris posts clearly shows where both the cold areas and the warm areas are. It just happens that there are a lot more records for heat being set in the warm areas, than records being set in the cold areas.

Which mean absolutely nothing in a weeks run. Starts to be relevant in a years run. And, in a ten year run, definitely indicates a trend. In a thirty years, it states something is changing. The thirty year run;

UAH Temperature Update for May, 2011: +0.13 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Really?

Northern hemisphere warming rates: More than you may have heard

ooOOOOooo Corollary/causation confusion once again, Ladies and Gentlemen! It's all CO2's fault. Not water vapor represented in humidity caused by warm air! Nor the sun beating down causing rapid evaporation! It's the CO2 that made the air hot and therefore H2O is not really making it hot but representational of the heat!

BUT for the sake of argument, how do you prove that this magical CO2 is man's fault again? Oh that's right, you can't.

You only see a natural cycle wherein any increase is blamed on man because it's all about creating a world wide ecofascist state.

Chris: Wow! Look an Egg!
Ole Crocks: Yes, but what came first, the chicken or the egg?
Chris: Good question!

The sane members of the audience who are watching: Guys, it is irrelevant, for that is chicken shit.

Last edited:

So once again, weather (which when it disagrees with Chicken Little dogma) is not to be looked at as proof of it's debunking. But when it SUPPORTS Chicken Little Dogma, It's CLIMATE!

Double Standard is Double Stupid.

So once again, weather (which when it disagrees with Chicken Little dogma) is not to be looked at as proof of it's debunking. But when it SUPPORTS Chicken Little Dogma, It's CLIMATE!

Take Mann's tree rings, multiply by the sine of the decrease in sunspots (pick a time period, any time period), then square that number, then take the last three numbers of the attendance of the last Boston Red Sox/NY Yankees game and that's how much ManMade Global Warning has increased temperatures at Maccu Piccu.

Last edited:

Actually it is.

The extraordinary heat wave in Russia last year was a good example.

NOAA disagree's with you.

Whereas an event of this magnitude was unexpected for the summer of 2010, and indeed there was little if any advance warming from long lead seasonal forecasts, it is nonetheless important to assess the factors that may have been responsible for such an extreme heat wave. There is strong evidence that the immediate cause can be placed at the doorstep of an extreme pattern of atmospheric winds—widely referred to as blocking. In the situation of anticyclonic blocking such as developed over western Russia in early July 2010, the normal west-to-east movement of weather systems is inhibited, with the center of a blocking experiencing persistently quiescent weather.

Blocks are not an uncommon occurrence over Eurasia in summer, with a episodes of July blocking in the region between 0-60ºE evident during the past half century (Figure 5). This region is vulnerable to episodes of blocking owing to physical factors related to the region's location downstream of the Atlantic westerly jet.

The sector exhibits high climatological frequency of blocking days during July/August, with an average of 10 days experiencing a blocking conditions (Figure 6). During July/August of 2010 (thru 11 August) this region experienced roughly triple its normal blocking days. The duration of this blocking event was long, and the intensity of the high pressure anomaly itself was unusually strong. The intensity of the positive 500mb height anomalies averaged over the geographic region of eastern Europe and western Russia during July/August 2010 exceeded any prior occurrence of anticyclonic blocking (Figure 7).

The strength of the height anomaly at 500mb during July/August 2010 was 4 times the standard deviation of July heights—a departure amplitude similar to that in the region's July surface temperatures. Typically, there is little persistence of the circulation pattern from July to August, although the current block that formed in early July continued with great strength through the middle of August.

The extreme surface warmth over western Russia during July and early August is mostly a product of the strong and persistent blocking high. Surface temperatures soared as a result of the combination of clear skies, sinking motion within the environment of the high pressure causing compressional heating of air, the lack of any temporary relief owing to the blocking of the typical cold fronts that cool the region intermittently in summer. Add to this scenario the cumulative effect of drought that began in early summer which caused soils to dry and plants to desiccate to wilting point , thereby causing additional surface warming via land feedbacks as the blocking condition persisted. These are all well-known and studied physical processes that have accompanied summertime blocking and heat waves in the past.

2010 Russian Heat Wave

Take Mann's tree rings, multiply by the sine of the decrease in sunspots (pick a time period, any time period), then square that number, then take the last three numbers of the attendance of the last Boston Red Sox/NY Yankees game and that's how much ManMade Global Warning has increased temperatures at Maccu Piccu.
I warned ya...

lolcat7.gif

...Not to mess with me!

;)

Archived-Articles: Understanding Climategate's Hidden Decline

Proxies, Tricks, and Hockey Sticks

The first step was taken in the 1995 Second Assessment Report, when the above Figure 7c was replaced with a 1993 reconstruction from R.S. Bradley and Phil Jones himself that used 1400 AD as its base -- effectively wiping the MWP off the radar screen.

But it wasn’t until the 2001 Third Assessment Report (TAR) that the MWP simply vanished. This multi-proxy reconstruction of Northern Hemisphere temperature anomalies appeared in chapter 2, page 134 of the Working Group 1 (WG1) report [PDF].

fig2-20.gif

"...one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy." --IPCC

Forum List

Back