More than 900 people have been fatally shot by police officers in 2015

My gawd.....that was so hard.

Took me an entire 5 minutes to find data on all the police shootings in the 2 states I've spent most of my life in (SC and GA).

I had to search long and hard and dig through piles of....well.....I ate a peanut butter & jelly sandwich while I went to GBI and SLED websites....the State Police agencies of those states.

Those evil tricky city and county cops!!!! Hiding all their shooting info DEEP inside the...um....websites of their state police.

Says meaningless gibberish. SHOW us with evidence that local law enforcement gives accurate and reliable numbers to the FBI on police shootings.

The FBI director acknowledges that they don't have reliable data on the topic.

With less than 3% of local law enforcement voluntarily reporting these stats to the FBI, its understandable why we don't have it. The reporting shouldn't be voluntary.

They dont have to give it to the FBI....they HAVE to give it to their state police.

A 10 minute Google search and I found info on all police shootings in:
SC from SLED state police
GA from GBI state police
NC from SBI and state attorney generals office

It's right there in plain sight through the 50 state police agencies.

REMEMBER.....much to the disappointment of liberals....we do NOT HAVE a national police force. 50 states. States rights.

There's nothing stopping the Feds from showing up with a subpoena or state level FOIA and getting all this from each state.....they did it in Ferguson.

If they don't have it....it's their own fault.

Says meaningless gibberish. Show us that local law enforcement agencies are reliably and accurately reporting their police shootings to the FBI.

Not you babbling about the topic. The actual evidence.

Show us, don't tell us.

Can you read? They report it to the STATE police. FBI is...as you noted...voluntary.

We don't have a national police force. States rights and the Constitution and all that remember?

State police and state attorney generals have the info. So do coroner's in each state..We aren't Mexico or Syria....we account for how a dead guy gets dead.

I found info on 4 states in 15 minutes.
skylar has no class and is a liar, she doesn't deserve all the work you've done and info you've provided. well done.

You can't even name the lie, let alone demonstrate any of your senile horseshit. You're running. You know I'm right, you know I can back my claims, and you know you've got jack shit.

Currently, the FBI struggles to gather the most basic data. Reporting is voluntary, and since 2011, less than 3 percent of the nation’s 18,000 state and local police agencies have reported fatal shootings by their officers to the FBI. As a result, FBI records over the past decade show only about 400 police shootings a year — an average of 1.1 deaths per day.

According to The Post’s analysis, the daily death toll so far for 2015 is close to 2.6. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year.

Fatal police shootings in 2015 approaching 400 nationwide

Smiling....delete that post, JC. Try it.

In Oklahoma.....109 killed in 7 years.

Tulsa media gathered this....by FOIA of state police and state attorney general.

109 fatal police shootings in Oklahoma since 2007; 108 ruled justified

That's 4 out of 50 states I've done in 15 minutes.

And what's your evidence that the stats are reliable or accurate?

Remember, getting A number isn't the problem. Getting an accurate number is. With only 3% of local law enforcement reporting police shootings to the FBI.

With the FBI numbers using local law enforcement information less than HALF of what the Post found. With the FBI acknowleding that the Post numbers are better.

He'll just say that its accurate and JC will say its accurate because Bucs just said so

Tulsa media gathered this....by FOIA of state police and state attorney general.

But its not cross referenced with anything... the Post did that at least.
probably because they filled out paperwork to get the info. This is the internet. deal with it.

They used public data. Anymore excuses?
that they requisitioned

Where does it say that? Clue: It doesnt

Any other excuses?

Says meaningless gibberish. SHOW us with evidence that local law enforcement gives accurate and reliable numbers to the FBI on police shootings.

The FBI director acknowledges that they don't have reliable data on the topic.

With less than 3% of local law enforcement voluntarily reporting these stats to the FBI, its understandable why we don't have it. The reporting shouldn't be voluntary.

They dont have to give it to the FBI....they HAVE to give it to their state police.

GA from GBI state police

REMEMBER.....much to the disappointment of liberals....we do NOT HAVE a national police force. 50 states. States rights.

There's nothing stopping the Feds from showing up with a subpoena or state level FOIA and getting all this from each state.....they did it in Ferguson.

Says meaningless gibberish. Show us that local law enforcement agencies are reliably and accurately reporting their police shootings to the FBI.

Show us, don't tell us.

Can you read? They report it to the STATE police. FBI is...as you noted...voluntary.

We don't have a national police force. States rights and the Constitution and all that remember?

State police and state attorney generals have the info. So do coroner's in each state..We aren't Mexico or Syria....we account for how a dead guy gets dead.

skylar has no class and is a liar, she doesn't deserve all the work you've done and info you've provided. well done.

You can't even name the lie, let alone demonstrate any of your senile horseshit. You're running. You know I'm right, you know I can back my claims, and you know you've got jack shit.

Currently, the FBI struggles to gather the most basic data. Reporting is voluntary, and since 2011, less than 3 percent of the nation’s 18,000 state and local police agencies have reported fatal shootings by their officers to the FBI. As a result, FBI records over the past decade show only about 400 police shootings a year — an average of 1.1 deaths per day.

According to The Post’s analysis, the daily death toll so far for 2015 is close to 2.6. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year.

still no class I see, so you remain a LIAR and someone with no class or integrity. I can at least admit my mistakes, you can't. so libturdy of you.

But its not cross referenced with anything... the Post did that at least.
probably because they filled out paperwork to get the info. This is the internet. deal with it.

They used public data. Anymore excuses?
that they requisitioned

Where does it say that? Clue: It doesnt

Any other excuses?
requisitioned

Reporting is mandatory.....to state police, coroner's office and state attorney general. Those are mandated....by the STATE.
[?quote]

Says meaningless gibberish.

Meanwhile the FBI can't get reliable numbers from on police shootings with only 3% of local law enforcement voluntary reporting the numbers.

We should be able to tell at a *glance* how many people the cops have killed every year.

Remember, getting A number isn't the problem. Getting an accurate number is. With only 3% of local law enforcement reporting police shootings to the FBI.

With the FBI numbers using local law enforcement information less than HALF of what the Post found. With the FBI acknowleding that the Post numbers are better.

He'll just say that its accurate and JC will say its accurate because Bucs just said so
If it came from the state why would I challenge it? I'm not sure what rabbit hole you're living in, but you should get out.

What's your evidence it isnt?? What is your evidence that....say....the State Law Enforcement Division (state police) of my home state SC has inaccurate information on police shootings?

PDs are mandated in SC to report it to SLED, even if SLED doesn't come to the scene, the report must be provided.
PDs are mandated to notify the county coroner.
PDs are mandated to forward it to the state solicitors (by circuit).

So.....what evidence do YOU HAVE that shows these STATE agencies numbers aren't correct?

GA from GBI state police

Show us, don't tell us.

still no class I see, so you remain a LIAR and someone with no class or integrity. I can at least admit my mistakes, you can't. so libturdy of you.

Blah, blah, JC. You lose the moment you abandoned the topic, running from the facts you clearly can't refute.

That number – which only includes self-reported information from about 750 law enforcement agencies – hovers around 400 “justifiable homicides” by police officers each year. The DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics also tracks “arrest-related deaths.” But the department stopped releasing those numbers after 2009, because, like the FBI data, they were widely regarded as unreliable.

“What’s there is crappy data,” said David A. Klinger, a former police officer and criminal justice professor at the University of Missouri who studies police use of force.

How many police shootings a year? No one knows

But tell us again how I said that reporting should be voluntary? Everyone here could use a good laugh.

If it came from the state why would I challenge it? I'm not sure what rabbit hole you're living in, but you should get out.

Hey man didn't ya know....police are murdering lots of people and the states are helping cover it up! It's one big ole criminal conspiracy man (hippy voice).

What's your evidence it isnt?? What is your evidence that....say....the State Law Enforcement Division (state police) of my home state SC has inaccurate information on police shootings?

PDs are mandated in SC to report it to SLED, even if SLED doesn't come to the scene, the report must be provided.

So.....what evidence do YOU HAVE that shows these STATE agencies numbers aren't correct?

Says meaningless gibberish. You citing you isn't evidence.

Meanwhile, the FBI can't get accurate, reliable information on the number of people that police shot in any given year. As less than 3% of Law Enforcement Agencies are voluntarily providing that information.

Less than 3%.

And unsurprisingly, you're *defending* the practice. Its ridiculous. We should know, to the *last person* who the police killed, and how many the police killed. Each year, every year.

You cant just pull data and proclaim its accurate because you say so. You need supporting evidence which you cannot produce. So its false logic to ask someone else to have the burden of proof for your stats

You're right, you believe everything the state says is true, my bad

You cant just pull data and proclaim its accurate because you say so. You need supporting evidence which you cannot produce. So its false logic to ask someone else to have the burden of proof for your stats

I provided stats from 3 state police databases.
Police ARE mandated to report it to their state. Not the Feds.

He says they are innacurate.

Prove it. Show me a case where cops killed someone...but never reported it.

Just one.

Says meaningless gibberish. You citing you isn't evidence.

Meanwhile, the FBI can't get accurate, reliable information on the number of people that police shot in any given year. As less than 3% of Law Enforcement Agencies are voluntarily providing that information.

Less than 3%.

And unsurprisingly, you're *defending* the practice. Its ridiculous. We should know, to the *last person* who the police killed, and how many the police killed. Each year, every year.

For the 25th time......

It is mandatory to report all police shootings. To their state and their coroner. And that info is collected....by the state.

Prove the state stats are inaccurate?

Here's what Skylar and ClosedCaption thinks happens.....

Anytown Police kill a guy. APD investigates itself and says "Yep its all good." It's their 19th killing in a year. The Anytown Sheriff says "APD what's with all the killings"? They say "None of your business." The state police ask Anytown for their reports because....well....they hear a lot of killings happen. "Fuck off state....we Anytown...we do what we want".

And that's it. No reporting. And the state just ignores it.

And thats....obviously.....not how it works.

They report to the state. Otherwise every PD would be able to act almost as a sovereign nation unto itself.

Just one.

You have to prove they are accurate. Again, you citing them and saying its true doesnt mean anything other than you believe they are true.

You're right, you believe everything the state says is true, my bad
why wouldn't I? What have any of the states been caught doing that should make me doubt the info they give out?

And, what is it you can prove that the info is wrong? I'm curious it seems you are making an accusation against the state information. let's see your evidence of wrong doing.

Just one.

You have to prove they are accurate. Again, you citing them and saying its true doesnt mean anything other than you believe they are true.
that's a stupid statement. By that remark nothing can be proven so all data is in error.

Just one.

How?
I know the law mandates they report it to the state police.
I know the state police publish the stats.

To prove they're accurate....I'd need what? Proof of an incident that wasn't reported? Thats what I am asking you for. Because I've looked. And I can not find proof that they AREN'T accurate. Just like saying "Prove aliens don't exist". I looked...I don't see any aliens anywhere.

So....absence of proof to the contrary IS my proof. Your turn.

Forum List

Back