🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More Than Half of Democrats Dont know the Earth Circles the Sun

If true I think this is kind of funny. If not, I think that a lot of unemployed republicans sit around bloging made up bullshit all day

Even if it is accurate, just look at the numbers.

Conservatives are only 5 points ahead of Democrats. Not much to brag about.

Also, according to the study, less than a third of Republicans believe in evolution.

Last edited:
Should you always try to base fact on a poll that questioned 1/100th of the population??

Lol, a survey results are fact in that those are the results of the survey. How representative it is depends on the methodology and bias of the people doing the survey.

The National Science Foundation did this survey and they are not biased against Democrats, dude.

If true I think this is kind of funny. If not, I think that a lot of unemployed republicans sit around bloging made up bullshit all day

Even if it is accurate, just look at the numbers:

sun.jpg

Republicans are only 5 points ahead of Democrats. Not much to brag about.

Lololol, no its 13 points, Einstein.

Also, according to the study, less than a third of Republicans believe in evolution.

I doubt you understand what Creationism is, so I wont even bother explaining how its not a science choice, but a theological and philosophical choice.

I don't want to be held responsible in anyway if your brain explodes.

Your proof positive of the op's thread.

JED believes that the earth is the center of the universe? What a dumbass. I bet he also thinks that it was created in six days, too.

?huh?

JED was questioning the bias of the people that did the study.

Is this a humor thing? I don't see it.

I think its funny that someone accused JED of being stupid. That's all. The fact that "democrats" were the subject of a study like this indicates that this was politically motivated. Good on them - its a slow day.

If Obama came out of the closet and announced he was gay, they'd change the constitution and let him serve another 20 years. No kidding.

JED believes that the earth is the center of the universe? What a dumbass. I bet he also thinks that it was created in six days, too.

?huh?

JED was questioning the bias of the people that did the study.

Is this a humor thing? I don't see it.

I think its funny that someone accused JED of being stupid. That's all. The fact that "democrats" were the subject of a study like this indicates that this was politically motivated. Good on them - its a slow day.

National Science Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The National Science Foundation (NSF) is a United States government agency that supports fundamental research and education in all the non-medical fields of science and engineering. Its medical counterpart is the National Institutes of Health. With an annual budget of about US$7.0 billion (fiscal year 2012), the NSF funds approximately 20% of all federally supported basic research conducted by the United States' colleges and universities.[1] In some fields, such as mathematics, computer science, economics and the social sciences, the NSF is the major source of federal backing.

The NSF's director, deputy director, and the 24 members of the National Science Board (NSB)[2] are appointed by the President of the United States, and confirmed by the United States Senate. The director and deputy director are responsible for administration, planning, budgeting and day-to-day operations of the foundation, while the NSB meets six times a year to establish its overall policies.

You Democrats are hilarious.

I doubt you understand what Creationism is, so I wont even bother explaining how its not a science choice, but a theological and philosophical choice.

I understand what creationism is; it's not science fact. You're criticizing Democrats for scoring worse than Republicans on a scientific question, when in the same survey, Republicans scored much worse than Democrats on the question of evolution - a theory based on scientific evidence.

irony.jpg

If Obama came out of the closet and announced he was gay, they'd change the constitution and let him serve another 20 years. No kidding.

Probalby, but then again, they may already be working on that, lol.

I understand what creationism is; it's not science fact.

That is hilarious, you assert you understand something and in the very same sentence you demonstrate you do not understand the topic. Nobody believes in Creationism because of science, so obviously it is not 'science fact', dumbass. It is theology, duh.

Some people think that some elements of science, like the Anthropic Principle support a belief in Creationism, but it cannot ever prove it as fact because of the nature of science itself.

roflmao, you are not only stupid, you are so stupid you cant stop digging that hole your in and don't even realize your in a fucking hole, lololol.

You're criticizing Democrats for scoring worse than Republicans on a scientific question, when in the same survey, Republicans scored much worse than Democrats on the question of evolution - a theory based on scientific evidence.

irony.jpg

That is because of the way the question is phrased. If you ask Creationists if they believe in Creationism they are likely to say yes, even if they also believe in evolution.

I believe in evolution, but would answer that I believe in Creationism in any survey over a response that I believe in evolution, because theological truths are foundational to any individual's cosmology, so Creationism trumps evolution in priority, IMO.

I know you don't understand that, and wont bother to try and understand it, which makes the whole thing even more hilarious...lol

that's nothing; left-wing nutjobs actually consider obama's RECORD WELFARE AND FOOD STAMPS to be a sign of "forward progress"

Much like Bush's ruined economy....

who is Bush? we have a "brilliant' community activist at the helm; in his sixth year no less. surely obama's brilliance and good intenetins are stronger than the "evil" of Bush?

lol

libs are losers who lie to themselves

I understand what creationism is; it's not science fact.

That is hilarious, you assert you understand something and in the very same sentence you demonstrate you do not understand the topic. Nobody believes in Creationism because of science, so obviously it is not 'science fact', dumbass. It is theology, duh.

Right, it's theology. Not science fact. I fully understand that. So, what does your belief in a magic sky pixie have to do with a poll based on science fact?

You're criticizing Democrats for scoring worse than Republicans on a scientific question, when in the same survey, Republicans scored much worse than Democrats on the question of evolution - a theory based on scientific evidence.

That is because of the way the question is phrased.

So, you admit the survey is flawed in the way the questions were phrased.

Thanks for playing.

:rofl:

Science study: Republicans struggle with evolution, Democrats struggle with the Earth going around the Sun

Question: Human beings, as we know them today, developed from earlier species of animals. [EVOLVED]

About 39 percent considered the statement false and 13 percent said that they don’t know.
The Republican and conservative refusal to recognize evolution is well known, but the extent of it may not be. As if the numbers for all adults (48 percent) aren’t depressing enough, only 28 percent of conservative Republicans believe that humans evolved from earlier species. In the next three spots are 32 percent of Republicans believing in evolution, 34 percent of conservative Democrats, and 37 percent of conservatives. (For comparison, 28 percent of fundamentalist Protestants believe in evolution, as do 27 percent of those who believe that the Bible is the literal word of God.)

More Than Half of Democrats Dont know the Earth Circles the Sun
plus he did not punctuate the word don't correctly...

So is the Jim wrong about the Earth circling the sun??

For thousands of years, scientists believed that the planets of the Solar System followed circular orbits with the Sun at the center. In the early 17th century, German astronomer Johannes Kepler determined that this was not the case. According to Kepler's work, the Earth and other planets have orbits that are elliptical, with the Sun serving as a focal point and not the exact center. Kepler's findings allowed for the development of accurate predictions of where each planet would be at any given time, greatly advancing scientific understanding of the Solar System.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-an-elliptical-orbit.htm

Last edited:

Forum List

Back