🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More Than Half of Democrats Dont know the Earth Circles the Sun

So, you mean you're a Democrat and your feelings are hurt?

Don't blame me the Obama regime did the survey.

You may not know this, but the person you're assuming is a hurt Democrat is actually a social and fiscal conservative. The problem, Jim, is that you have resorted to ridiculously partisan attacks on the opposing political group. It's neither honest nor fair, and both sides have had their hand in this mess. What you've done is the equivalent of posting a study from some partisans in the Progressive/Liberal camps who, too, have "discovered" outrageous "facts" about their enemies. Like, say, the bogus study that Republicans Lie More. That's dishonest, partisan crud passed off as something objective because it says "according to a study..."

There are quite a few things I disagree with the Political Left on, but that doesn't make me blind to what the Political Right has done, either.

You actually think that the National Science Foundation is a partisan group?

Then you are an idiot. Know, seriously, you are an idiot.

Hello, Jim.

The article you quoted is partisan, and has no credibility within the realm of objectivity.

1) Scrolling through the article, I noticed this quip: "Let me look into your future: another four years of jobs lost, poor economic growth, and finger-pointing!" This is partisan, and completely irrelevant. No reasonable person is going to trust this article when it's smeared with partisan feces.

2) Only 2,200 people were polled. That is hardly representative of the millions of people who live in America. 329 Democrats out of 2,200 people. Ask yourself: where were these 2,200 taken from? Were they from one section of the country, from across the nation, or from the anonymity of the internet? If you want this article to be taken seriously you need to find a way to poll every adult, and get them to be 100% honest. Otherwise, no, these sorts of "studies" aren't approximate.

3) Yet again, another partisan lump of crud in this article: "Given the context of the numbers of Democrats who do not know how the solar system works and who believe in the reality of astrology, now we can better understand some of their more mystifying positions because apparently facts really don’t matter." No bias here, correct...? No, it is biased, so worthless. I'm a conservative, and I don't like being lied to.

4) Look at the people commenting on this article. More than some are partisans of various stripes. This article is just another lump of partisan crap for the partisan dung beetles to feed on.

You may not know this, but the person you're assuming is a hurt Democrat is actually a social and fiscal conservative. The problem, Jim, is that you have resorted to ridiculously partisan attacks on the opposing political group. It's neither honest nor fair, and both sides have had their hand in this mess. What you've done is the equivalent of posting a study from some partisans in the Progressive/Liberal camps who, too, have "discovered" outrageous "facts" about their enemies. Like, say, the bogus study that Republicans Lie More. That's dishonest, partisan crud passed off as something objective because it says "according to a study..."

There are quite a few things I disagree with the Political Left on, but that doesn't make me blind to what the Political Right has done, either.

Hello, Jim.

The article you quoted is partisan, and has no credibility within the realm of objectivity.

1) Scrolling through the article, I noticed this quip: "Let me look into your future: another four years of jobs lost, poor economic growth, and finger-pointing!" This is partisan, and completely irrelevant. No reasonable person is going to trust this article when it's smeared with partisan feces.

2) Only 2,200 people were polled. That is hardly representative of the millions of people who live in America. 329 Democrats out of 2,200 people. Ask yourself: where were these 2,200 taken from? Were they from one section of the country, from across the nation, or from the anonymity of the internet? If you want this article to be taken seriously you need to find a way to poll every adult, and get them to be 100% honest. Otherwise, no, these sorts of "studies" aren't approximate.

3) Yet again, another partisan lump of crud in this article: "Given the context of the numbers of Democrats who do not know how the solar system works and who believe in the reality of astrology, now we can better understand some of their more mystifying positions because apparently facts really don’t matter." No bias here, correct...? No, it is biased, so worthless. I'm a conservative, and I don't like being lied to.

4) Look at the people commenting on this article. More than some are partisans of various stripes. This article is just another lump of partisan crap for the partisan dung beetles to feed on.

Liberal Democrats scored much higher than Conservatives.... Funny Jimbo didn't point that out.

More Than Half Of Democrats Do Not Know The Earth Revolves Around The Sun Once a Year | Independent Journal Review
The National Science Foundation published a study that reveals an astonishing number of Democrats do not know that the earth revolves around the sun and that it takes a year to do so.
For most Americans who have had any kind of science education, even if their formal schooling ended after the first or second grade, the concept of a solar system in which the sun is the center has long been considered “settled science.” Yet more than half of Democrats are apparently unaware that the earth goes around the giant glowing ball in the sky once a year.

Conservative Republicans were most likely to know this gradeschool fact about the “solar system,” while Republicans and conservatives as groups best moderates and Democrats. Various kinds of Liberals, earning those higher education sheepskins, are aware of the basic fact.

Furthermore, 49% percent of Democrats believe that astrology is scientific.

sun.jpg

And notice the RINO position at dead last, bottom of the fucking barrel.

Sure essplains a lot.

Utter fucking bullshit.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself passing along such obvious nonsense, lad.

Hello, Jim.

The 'partisan' journal was referencing a legitimate study, and that does not taint the study itself at all. You fail to grasp one of the most basic elements of rational thought.

I'm fairly certain one foot follows the other. Let's take a survey to find out how many of us think that's true.

:huddle:

Hey guys, I just found out the most astonishing thing...

ready?

The moon circles the earth and it takes one month to do that!

Aw come on!

Utter fucking bullshit.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself passing along such obvious nonsense, lad.

Amazingly, these right wing sites like the IJR just get ahold of useful information like this survey, one which underscores the need for more science education for all children, and use it to pursue their agenda.

Nobody knows the criteria for the study, and apparently one's political leanings had little do do with it.

AFP: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

Forum List

Back