🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More Than Half of Democrats Dont know the Earth Circles the Sun

I understand what creationism is; it's not science fact.

That is hilarious, you assert you understand something and in the very same sentence you demonstrate you do not understand the topic. Nobody believes in Creationism because of science, so obviously it is not 'science fact', dumbass. It is theology, duh.

Right, it's theology. Not science fact. I fully understand that. So, what does your belief in a magic sky pixie have to do with a poll based on science fact?

I already answered that; A Creationist that believes in theological creation and who also believes in biological evolution (they are not incompatible) tend to respond by affirming belief in the higher order cosmology, i.e. theological creationism.

You're criticizing Democrats for scoring worse than Republicans on a scientific question, when in the same survey, Republicans scored much worse than Democrats on the question of evolution - a theory based on scientific evidence.

That is because of the way the question is phrased.

So, you admit the survey is flawed in the way the questions were phrased.

Thanks for playing.

No, I think that most scientists half a misunderstanding of what Creationism is and what it is not, so any question on the matter gets muddied. Read about Scientific American firing a Creationist from its staff when the man believed in evolution, but also believed the universe was created. SA didn't bother mincing the details. A common reaction, especially among secular militants.

Jim

They're all laughing at you!

lol, anyone who thinks in such simplistic terms as 'they all are doing X' is a fucking moron, and why should I give a shit about what a bunch of ignoramuses think anyway?

If Obama came out of the closet and announced he was gay, they'd change the constitution and let him serve another 20 years. No kidding.

you could be right

2mmalaw.jpg

most libs are attracted to faggots

:rofl:

Science study: Republicans struggle with evolution, Democrats struggle with the Earth going around the Sun

Question: Human beings, as we know them today, developed from earlier species of animals. [EVOLVED]

About 39 percent considered the statement false and 13 percent said that they don’t know.
The Republican and conservative refusal to recognize evolution is well known, but the extent of it may not be. As if the numbers for all adults (48 percent) aren’t depressing enough, only 28 percent of conservative Republicans believe that humans evolved from earlier species. In the next three spots are 32 percent of Republicans believing in evolution, 34 percent of conservative Democrats, and 37 percent of conservatives. (For comparison, 28 percent of fundamentalist Protestants believe in evolution, as do 27 percent of those who believe that the Bible is the literal word of God.)

The question was a fairly simplistic one.

2. Humans evolved from other animals

In the 2012 NSF survey, only 48 percent of Americans endorsed evolution as true:

Human beings, as we know them today, developed from earlier species of animals. [EVOLVED]

About 39 percent considered the statement false and 13 percent said that they don’t know.

The Republican and conservative refusal to recognize evolution is well known, but the extent of it may not be. As if the numbers for all adults (48 percent) aren’t depressing enough, only 28 percent of conservative Republicans believe that humans evolved from earlier species. In the next three spots are 32 percent of Republicans believing in evolution, 34 percent of conservative Democrats, and 37 percent of conservatives. (For comparison, 28 percent of fundamentalist Protestants believe in evolution, as do 27 percent of those who believe that the Bible is the literal word of God.)

The answer depends on what you definition of 'human' is. Had they asked if homo sapiens evolved from earlier species of animals they might have gotten better answers.

I do not believe it is accurate to say that human beings are simply animals in every sense of the word 'animal'. Certainly we are animals in the most basic sense as we are not vegetation or rock, lol, but there is more to being a human being than mere physical existence.

I don't think that homo sapiens were truly human prior to their evolved ability to think, speak, and make tools. So I could understand how someone might answer that negatively though it is plainly true, IMO, that homo sapiens evolved from earlier forms of homos and before that other animal genus.

Jim

They're all laughing at you!

lol, anyone who thinks in such simplistic terms as 'they all are doing X' is a fucking moron, and why should I give a shit about what a bunch of ignoramuses think anyway?

You don't write well and you have been corrected that your header title is incorrect, please dig a little deeper..

lol, as I said, why should I give a shit about what a bunch of ignoramuses think anyway?

Anyone who cant read past internet typos is a jack ass.

The answer depends on what you definition of 'human' is. Had they asked if homo sapiens evolved from earlier species of animals they might have gotten better answers.

So you admit the study (the same study you cited) is flawed.

Thanks for playing.

Thanks for playing.

lol, again, you exemplify the stupidity of the low end of the gene pool.

I did not say the study was flawed, dimwit.

The entire framework of such questions are flawed. The study got what it wanted, but you are trying to build more on it than is warranted and you have no interest in nuances of meaning.

Meanwhile not knowing that the Earth circles the Sun is just pretty damned stupid no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:
There was a reason our Founders limited voting to the 'Landed Genteel" and it's demonstrated on this site.

Take the slavery thing out and keep the rest of the Constitution in it's original wording, and Democrats would never win an election. The Coup happened long ago, it began with Lincoln.

At least half of the Democrat voters are just not intelligent enough to cast an honest, informed vote.

Thanks for playing.

The entire framework of such questions are flawed. The study got what it wanted, but you are trying to build more on it than is warranted and you have no interest in nuances of meaning.

Meanwhile not knowing that the Earth circles the Sun is just pretty damned stupid no matter how you slice it.

Oh I know the earth circles the sun. I also know that humans didn't magically appear on earth. Too bad 2/3 of Republicans don't know that.

But thanks for admitting the study is flawed.

Thanks for playing.

Oh I know the earth circles the sun. I also know that humans didn't magically appear on earth. Too bad 2/3 of Republicans don't know that.

But thanks for admitting the study is flawed.

lol, and you continue to prove that one can lead a jack ass to water but you cant make it drink.

It is hilarious that you think your stupid bullshit is winning any lurkers to your side, oh wait.....this is all just mental masturbation to a libtard like you anyway.

More Than Half Of Democrats Do Not Know The Earth Revolves Around The Sun Once a Year | Independent Journal Review
The National Science Foundation published a study that reveals an astonishing number of Democrats do not know that the earth revolves around the sun and that it takes a year to do so.
For most Americans who have had any kind of science education, even if their formal schooling ended after the first or second grade, the concept of a solar system in which the sun is the center has long been considered “settled science.” Yet more than half of Democrats are apparently unaware that the earth goes around the giant glowing ball in the sky once a year.

Conservative Republicans were most likely to know this gradeschool fact about the “solar system,” while Republicans and conservatives as groups best moderates and Democrats. Various kinds of Liberals, earning those higher education sheepskins, are aware of the basic fact.

Furthermore, 49% percent of Democrats believe that astrology is scientific.

sun.jpg

And notice the RINO position at dead last, bottom of the fucking barrel.

Sure essplains a lot.

"The Independent Review (TIR), subtitled A Journal of Political Economy, is a peer-reviewed quarterly interdisciplinary journal devoted to the study of political economy and the critical analysis of government policy. It is published by The Independent Institute, a libertarian think tank in the United States, and the articles it publishes are generally written from a libertarian perspective.[2] The journal was created in 1996.[2]"

Quote from: The Independent Review - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why was the study not linked in either the OP or in the IR link?

Our greater concern for these libs ought not be whether they think of whether the Earth ever moves at all.

We need to worry that they have no sense of smell so have evolved to believe that everything brown and sticky is chocolate ice cream.

More Than Half Of Democrats Do Not Know The Earth Revolves Around The Sun Once a Year | Independent Journal Review
The National Science Foundation published a study that reveals an astonishing number of Democrats do not know that the earth revolves around the sun and that it takes a year to do so.
For most Americans who have had any kind of science education, even if their formal schooling ended after the first or second grade, the concept of a solar system in which the sun is the center has long been considered “settled science.” Yet more than half of Democrats are apparently unaware that the earth goes around the giant glowing ball in the sky once a year.

Conservative Republicans were most likely to know this gradeschool fact about the “solar system,” while Republicans and conservatives as groups best moderates and Democrats. Various kinds of Liberals, earning those higher education sheepskins, are aware of the basic fact.

Furthermore, 49% percent of Democrats believe that astrology is scientific.

sun.jpg

And notice the RINO position at dead last, bottom of the fucking barrel.

Sure essplains a lot.

"The Independent Review (TIR), subtitled A Journal of Political Economy, is a peer-reviewed quarterly interdisciplinary journal devoted to the study of political economy and the critical analysis of government policy. It is published by The Independent Institute, a libertarian think tank in the United States, and the articles it publishes are generally written from a libertarian perspective.[2] The journal was created in 1996.[2]"

Quote from: The Independent Review - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why was the study not linked in either the OP or in the IR link?

You will have to ask the author of the article.

As to why I didn't link it, I thought it easy game and didn't bother.

But here you go since you asked.

http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind14/content/chapter-7/c07.pdf

Forum List

Back