More vote buying by the left. 14 billion on internet for lowlifes.

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — The Biden administration announced on Monday that 20 internet companies have agreed to provide discounted service to people with low incomes, a program that could effectively make tens of millions of households eligible for free service through an already existing federal subsidy.

The $1 trillion infrastructure package passed by Congress last year included $14.2 billion funding for the Affordable Connectivity Program, which provides $30 monthly subsidies ($75 in tribal areas) on internet service for millions of lower-income households.

With the new commitment from the internet providers, some 48 million households will be eligible for $30 monthly plans for 100 megabits per second, or higher speed, service — making internet service fully paid for with the government subsidy if they sign up with one of the providers participating in the program.

Biden, during his White House run and the push for the infrastructure bill, made expanding high-speed internet access in rural and low-income areas a priority. He has repeatedly spoken out about low-income families that struggled finding reliable Wi-Fi, so their children could take part in remote schooling and complete homework assignments early in the coronavirus pandemic.

So I guess free education, free food, free housing, free school lunches, free medical care, free daycare isn't enough. Now this country at 30 trillion in debt is going to provide lowlifes with high speed internet service thanks to idiots that voted for this moron. This cost is about twice as much as Trump asked for to secure our border which is totally out of control today, and will be much worse by the end of the month according to the Border Patrol.

Oh, and the subsidies will not be enough. The providers will likely increase rates on working people to help pay for their philanthropy.
This is great. Think about how much this will be help students and their parents. It's like having a library at your fingertips.

Their achievement scores show otherwise.

“Did just fine” in your alternate reality is what most reasonable people would describe as “failing miserably”. I posted the data and you didn’t bother to address it.

Facts don’t agree with your feelings.
The scores are lower because of who and what their parents are----

kids with parents paying for their own food/internet etc have better parents than the kids who don't. The kids who have better parents will inevitably turn out to be better adults on average than those who don't because the acorn does not fall from the tree. Their parents are responsible adults whose kids will have better genetics and better role models.

The ones who have deadbeat parents will be overall deadbeats themselves with or without internet being paid for.

It is not the taxpayers responsibility to wipe your ass for you----

If it's that important they'll find a way to get it. Food is important too. Nobody is starving in this country.
Yea. Food is important. We have government support to make sure people have access to food. It’s called SNAP.

Internet access is also important. Hmmm.

Great comparison.

This is great. Think about how much this will be help students and their parents. It's like having a library at your fingertips.

So then you agree with me that it's convenience and not necessity. That's the point I'm making. The federal government is going to spend 14 billion dollars for conveniences to buy votes. This country is 30 trillion in the hole and growing. Don't you think we should at the very least not buy votes anymore?

Yea. Food is important. We have government support to make sure people have access to food. It’s called SNAP.

Internet access is also important. Hmmm.

Great comparison.

Yes, I know. We have plenty of SNAP's people where I live. They load all their goodies on the belt, the computer separates the SNAP's items from the alcohol, flowers, greeting cards, huge bags of dog food, cat litter, and they whip out a wad of cash for those things. Then I see them at the head cashier buying lottery tickets or a carton of cigarettes.

We're paying to feed these people and they're using their money to feed their pets. Let's extend that to internet now.

you have an interesting view of poor people.

It's the way it is in most cases: having kids you can't support, working part time to keep receiving your SNAP's benefits or Section 8 voucher to live in the suburbs, up all night during the work week keeping their neighbors from getting ample sleep to get to work in the morning. Trust me, I know lowlifes. My middle-eastern next door neighbor bought the rental property to rent to these lowlifes.

Yes, I know. We have plenty of SNAP's people where I live. They load all their goodies on the belt, the computer separates the SNAP's items from the alcohol, flowers, greeting cards, huge bags of dog food, cat litter, and they whip out a wad of cash for those things. Then I see them at the head cashier buying lottery tickets or a carton of cigarettes.

We're paying to feed these people and they're using their money to feed their pets. Let's extend that to internet now.
I agree that SNAP needs to be limited. I’ve argued that it should only be for the most basic essential foods. They need to eliminate junk food immediately.

It doesn’t matter that you walked to and from school uphill both ways in the snow with no shoes on and fought off a mountain lion before chopping down firewood back in your day. Today, the internet and technology are highly connected to education and life in general. Failure to recognize this is just plain ignorant.

Ignorant means uninformed about something. I'm informed enough to understand the difference between necessities and conveniences. I'm informed enough to know tens of millions of people do fine without the internet. I'm informed enough to know that the internet has zero to do with educational outcomes when it comes to education because our most brilliant Americans in history didn't have the internet.

I'm also very well informed of the upcoming disaster when we will no longer be able to pay the interest rate on our debt. That means all the borrowing stops, and this country will be in default. What are we going to do when the only money we have is that which we bring in? You are not going to be able to give away all these things you want to give away now. How are you going to be able to explain this to your grandchildren as to what you did to them?

Ignorant means uninformed about something.
Sounds good to me.

You’re ignorant about how much the internet is incorporated in education.

You’re ignorant in thinking that people are ”doing just fine“ without the internet.

You think this way because you’re ignorant about how much the world has changed in the last 50 years. “Back in my day…”

Last edited:
So then you agree with me that it's convenience and not necessity. That's the point I'm making. The federal government is going to spend 14 billion dollars for conveniences to buy votes. This country is 30 trillion in the hole and growing. Don't you think we should at the very least not buy votes anymore?

Can you point to some of your post complaining about the USDA Rural internet program that spent a few billion dollars under Trump? Or was that different when he did it?

I'm also very well informed of the upcoming disaster when we will no longer be able to pay the interest rate on our debt. That means all the borrowing stops, and this country will be in default.

If only you had given a shit about the debt and our spending from 2017 to 2021....but alas twas not to be

Forum List

Back