Zone1 Mormon Church Sells its Soul, Endorses Lyingly-Named Respect for Marriage Law

Friend, it's asinine to say Massachusetts' low divorce rate is linked to gay marriage success. Washington DC surpasses Massachusetts in low divorce rate. Do you think that's because those fine Washingtontonians, 90% black, profoundly honor the institution of marriage? Or might it be because they don't bother to marry in the first place? No marriage--No divorce. And it's the same with leftwing Massachusetts. Those liberals are shacking up. They aren't bothering with marriage.
Oh christ,! Where did you come from and why are you just now foaming at the mouth over gay marriage and divorce? . You want to talk about asinine ? What is asinine is your red herring logical fallacy about black people in DC and their divorce rates being a function of low marriage rates without any evidence to support it. Equally asinine is your assumption that “liberals in Mass. Are forgoing marriage in any large numbers which accounts for the low divorce rate

What is also asinine is your seeming lack of understanding of the difference between correlation and causation. I did not say that gay marriage caused a drop in divorce rates . I said that there is a correlation, and that is a fact across numerous jurisdictions. And that fact cuts deep into the narrative that gay marriage weakens the institution of marriage.

Finally what is asinine is the fact that this is the best that yu can do in response to my post that tore apart your asinine and bigoted bovine excrement that I originally responded to months ago

Gay people have been elevated to full participants in society and no longer relegated to the margins. The institution of marriage has been strengthened in that it is now more inclusive with a broader base. We as a society are better having shed some of the ugly and shameful discriminatory practices of the past. It has been said that no one is free unless we are all free and we are one step closer to being free. When you devote energy to keeping other down....YOU are not free

Having said that, I will add. In our system of law and justice, when a government seeks to restrict rights, the appropriate question is not “how it will granting those rights benefit society or any individual? The question is, what is the compelling government interest in withholding those rights? The states that sought to ban gay marriage came up woefully short in trying to answer that . To put it a little differently, those seeking rights do not have to prove that they deserve those rights or that there will be a benefit to anyone. The burden of proof is on those seeking to restrict or deny those rights. The burden on societ or other individualby granting a right must be shown to be substanrial.
We often think we live in this godless bubble. We don’t. The U.S. protects freedom around the world. As long as most of the U.S. keeps basic commandments like marriage is between only a man and a woman then God will keep the U.S. and the world protected from communists that seek to destroy freedom and liberty. The more woke we get the less protection we receive from God. We see how our freedom is eroded over just the past few years. Covid was just a warning. Teach Americans to not get involved with become LGBTQ. Keep the world free.

We often think we live in this godless bubble. We don’t. The U.S. protects freedom around the world. As long as most of the U.S. keeps basic commandments like marriage is between only a man and a woman then God will keep the U.S. and the world protected from communists that seek to destroy freedom and liberty. The more woke we get the less protection we receive from God. We see how our freedom is eroded over just the past few years. Covid was just a warning. Teach Americans to not get involved with become LGBTQ. Keep the world free.
And then there's your insanity. Sorry, the US doesn't promote hatred and bigotry, and that's all your're selling here. GOD never did smite anyone or any nation, only hateful people could do that.GOD is beyond such human frailties.

There is so much stupid here that I am not even going to try to unpack it all . But the one thing that really jumps out at me is the assertion that “The more woke we get the less protection we receive from God. “ What! Woke, in its basic form before it was warped by the far right simply means awareness of social injustice and discrimination. Is that what your god disapproves of? I don’t think so, but I also don’t think that you have any idea what woke is. You think that woke is promoting depravity and debauchery of various sorts because you have been fed that line of bullshit and swallowed it whole

Please explain, EXACTLY how the same sex couple down the street or in the next town-who are just living their live s, raising a family, going to workm paying taxes and doing all the same things as everyone else- damages traditional families. Bullet points would be appreciated

Is this thread about the act or the fact that the Mormon Church is "accepting" or "endorsing".

It would be good if we could discuss the OP and not something else.

And then there's your insanity. Sorry, the US doesn't promote hatred and bigotry, and that's all your're selling here. GOD never did smite anyone or any nation, only hateful people could do that.GOD is beyond such human frailties.
And when nations and civilizations were destroyed for breaking too many commandments consistantly, people were crying out for God. Too late. We see it again today. We see hate and bigotry against God, the believers in God and the religions and churches that try and teach the commandments.

Is this thread about the act or the fact that the Mormon Church is "accepting" or "endorsing".

It would be good if we could discuss the OP and not something else.
I'm sure all the churches are sick of this and wish their people would deal with real sins and let people live their lives as they see fit. Adultery is a real problem, child abuse is a real problem, etc. , etc. Gay people aren't.

I'm sure all the churches are sick of this and wish their people would deal with real sins and let people live their lives as they see fit. Adultery is a real problem, child abuse is a real problem, etc. , etc. Gay people aren't.

Well, going off-topic is certainly an issue on this board.

This is about the Mormon Church endoring the so-called "respect for marriage" law.

Well, going off-topic is certainly an issue on this board.

This is about the Mormon Church endoring the so-called "respect for marriage" law.
I'm glad they've finally come to their senses and endorsed it. What had occurred before in this country was a crime and the churches unfortunately played a part in that. Time to move on.

Gay people are fine as long as they remain celibate or marry someone of the opposite sex. Gay sex is a real and major sin. So is cross dressing with trans people. Duet. 22:5

Gay people are fine as long as they remain celibate or marry someone of the opposite sex. Gay sex is a real and major sin. So is cross dressing with trans people. Duet. 22:5
Remain celibate, even the priests can't do that. A gay man marrying a woman leads to two miserable people and eventually a divorce. Any sex outside of love is a sin. But the young don't know that and of course with those hormones surging until age 21 they're going to have sex. Hopefully appropriate to their sexual orientation. Otherwise it could be really bad news. Life isn't easy being reasonable. Religion isn't reasonable, it was created by zealots who were extremists in every sense of the word. Let's just be reasonable and live and let live. It's a whole less problems we don't have to.create for ourselves.

Remain celibate, even the priests can't do that. A gay man marrying a woman leads to two miserable people and eventually a divorce. Any sex outside of love is a sin. But the young don't know that and of course with those hormones surging until age 21 they're going to have sex. Hopefully appropriate to their sexual orientation. Otherwise it could be really bad news. Life isn't easy being reasonable. Religion isn't reasonable, it was created by zealots who were extremists in every sense of the word. Let's just be reasonable and live and let live. It's a whole less problems we don't have to.create for ourselves.
Can you find a verse that supports your assertion that sex without love is a sin? You would first have to define “love” for us. But, again, nothing about love and sex necessary to be sin free.
As far as remaining celibate, it’s actually done all the time. I believe Paul wrote about remaining celibate if you don’t have an opposite sex partner.
I know gays who are married to people of the opposite sex. They say that for whatever reason, their spouse is the only person they have ever been attracted to of the opposite sex. I know others that had several children and then left their spouse and family. To those people, burn in hell.

Can you find a verse that supports your assertion that sex without love is a sin? You would first have to define “love” for us. But, again, nothing about love and sex necessary to be sin free.
As far as remaining celibate, it’s actually done all the time. I believe Paul wrote about remaining celibate if you don’t have an opposite sex partner.
I know gays who are married to people of the opposite sex. They say that for whatever reason, their spouse is the only person they have ever been attracted to of the opposite sex. I know others that had several children and then left their spouse and family. To those people, burn in hell.
Religion is pathetic. I'm surprised it still exists. If GOD / the Creator Entity exists ( and I believe it does ), it is noncoporeal and unlike anything we could ever imagine or comprehend. It never needed or wanted our adoration. Religion is actually an insult to such a being = being anthropomorphized into the image of a lesser entity. The very nature of our DNA forces all life forms, including us ( if you want to elevate mankind from.the other animals , which only demonstrates our gall .) is that we are designed for growth and change. In essence become more than we were. Unfortunately religion again is superficially holding us back, attesting to it's lack of any value, actually an impediment to our progress in this world.

Religion is pathetic. I'm surprised it still exists. If GOD / the Creator Entity exists ( and I believe it does ), it is noncoporeal and unlike anything we could ever imagine or comprehend. It never needed or wanted our adoration. Religion is actually an insult to such a being = being anthropomorphized into the image of a lesser entity. The very nature of our DNA forces all life forms, including us ( if you want to elevate mankind from.the other animals , which only demonstrates our gall .) is that we are designed for growth and change. In essence become more than we were. Unfortunately religion again is superficially holding us back, attesting to it's lack of any value, actually an impediment to our progress in this world.
You have a pure worldly ideology religion. Yes, a religion. A belief there is no God. A belief mankind is god knowing everything in this universe and I mean everything. The awful pride impedes our very purpose of existence and the purpose God has for us. You damn yourself from continuous progression from intelligence to spirit being to man to glorified man with continuous increase in your family forever. That is the evolution of man.
See, what you lack is knowledge of God’s plan and the lack of intelligence to find it. Atheists damn their own eternal evolutionary progression.

You have a pure worldly ideology religion. Yes, a religion. A belief there is no God. A belief mankind is god knowing everything in this universe and I mean everything. The awful pride impedes our very purpose of existence and the purpose God has for us. You damn yourself from continuous progression from intelligence to spirit being to man to glorified man with continuous increase in your family forever. That is the evolution of man.
See, what you lack is knowledge of God’s plan and the lack of intelligence to find it. Atheists damn their own eternal evolutionary progression.
I don't mind being dammed by a religion, it doesn't mean anything
I did say I believed in a Creator Entity, what you falsely and primitively call god. It doesn't care what you think, only that you prosper and become all that you can be. Also what you refer to as god is a collective entity. You and I are not separate from.god but part of it's being. Praise be the ONE.

Actually he did die for nothing, the sin he was attempting to save us from was original sin. Since people cannot be held accountable for what their ancestors did, it was all for nothing. Then the Christian religion got hung up on Old Testament morality and love thy neighbor as they self went out the window.
wow... Every day at this forum I run across totally clueless posters like you.. no clue about religion but certainly can yammer on about it

sad

Forum List

Back