Moronic Muslim Congresscritter Sworn in Using Thomas Jefferson’s Quran

Muslims crashed jumbo jets into the World Trade Centre. We should deport them all.

A White guy parked a truck of explosives in front of a Federal building and blew it up. We should deport them all. :290968001256257790-final:
That was one guy, not a whole religion that hate us.

The whole religion did not attack us, just a few individuals.
Ask any US mooselimb if they’d prefer to live under sharia law then our constitution.

I have had this discussion with my good friend of 30 plus years who is a Muslim and a veteran. The answer is always our constitution, which is why he dedicated his life to defending it. I am friends with a fair number of Muslims from throughout the years and none of them want sharia law to replace our constitution any more than Christians want Mosaic law to do so.

The thing is, there's a large amount of conservative evangelicals who not only want just that, a christian theocracy, they've been trying to force it on our nation for many years. Goldwater warned the conservatives about them.

These same people have what's called projection down to an art form. They project their actions and beliefs on everyone else. They want to work for a christian theocracy here in America so they project the same on other religions. So they say those religions what to turn America into an islamic theocracy.

It doesn't matter that our constitution clearly prohibits either religion from doing that.

Conservatives use that as some sort of weapon to get people to hate islam.

Propaganda is a very effective political and manipulative tool which is why it's been used for so many centuries.

Thomas Jefferson during the First Barbary War. The Pasha of the Ottoman empire said that all non Islamic nations must pay tribute. The pirates were seizing ships and murdering infidels. Jefferson was told that the right to tribute was from the Koran. Jefferson got a Koran translation to better understand the muslim belief in the right to tribute and the obligation to kill infidels.

Then he sent the marines to Tripoli.

Thomas Jefferson quote about Muslim Extremists

Study a little history. Jefferson was no friend to muslims. He killed them.
See post 73, retard. Study more history.

Unlike you, Jefferson understood the difference between extremists of ALL religions and the majority of the other followers of those religions.
And....

Jefferson killed muslims. He was not their friend. He was no protector of muslims.
He was a protector of Muslims right here in the US.

Obama killed Muslims, too. More than any other President.

Trump cuts and runs from ISIS.

So there you go.

You said you have a Quran. I am positive you have never read it. I am also quite sure you have never read the bible, either.
I actually have read both cover to cover. That's why I could never trust a muslim. I have had many muslim friends and associates. I once dated a muslim man and took instruction from the imam at the mosque he went to. Muslims will always be duplicitous. They are the nicest, kindest people, until they aren't anymore.
No you haven't. That's a giant load of bullshit.

Hasn't what? what did the poster TIPSY said that seems not true
to you?

Thomas Jefferson during the First Barbary War. The Pasha of the Ottoman empire said that all non Islamic nations must pay tribute. The pirates were seizing ships and murdering infidels. Jefferson was told that the right to tribute was from the Koran. Jefferson got a Koran translation to better understand the muslim belief in the right to tribute and the obligation to kill infidels.

Then he sent the marines to Tripoli.

Thomas Jefferson quote about Muslim Extremists

Study a little history. Jefferson was no friend to muslims. He killed them.

Unlike you, Jefferson understood the difference between extremists of ALL religions and the majority of the other followers of those religions.
And....

Jefferson killed muslims. He was not their friend. He was no protector of muslims.

So there you go.

You said you have a Quran. I am positive you have never read it. I am also quite sure you have never read the bible, either.
I actually have read both cover to cover. That's why I could never trust a muslim. I have had many muslim friends and associates. I once dated a muslim man and took instruction from the imam at the mosque he went to. Muslims will always be duplicitous. They are the nicest, kindest people, until they aren't anymore.
No you haven't read the Quran. That's a giant load of bullshit.

But at least we know now why you hate Muslims. What, did he leave you at the altar?

reading the Koran is no great feat------it is kinda short. I read the
Picthall version in a couple of hours. Why would ANYONE doubt
that a person who says "I read the Koran" be lying about it?

And...again...that was 19 guys...mostly from Saudi Arabia, our so-called ally.
I'm always amazed that people like you can make it through life while being so clueless. Unless you're a carpet kisser. Is that it?
I accept your surrender on this topic. :itsok: (since you abandoned it to go to unrelated personal attacks)
You’re too stupid to reason with. Now go kiss your camel.
You only need to surrender to me once.....I've already accepted it. But if you want to grovel to me some more, that's your choice.
Your concession is duly noted. Thanks for playing.
And you can't even be original......:71: "E" for effort, tho.

And....

So there you go.

But at least we know now why you hate Muslims. What, did he leave you at the altar?

It's about the length of the Book of Mormon and the KJV Bible, IMO.....all three boring as all get out.

A White guy parked a truck of explosives in front of a Federal building and blew it up. We should deport them all. :290968001256257790-final:

Ask any US mooselimb if they’d prefer to live under sharia law then our constitution.

I have had this discussion with my good friend of 30 plus years who is a Muslim and a veteran. The answer is always our constitution, which is why he dedicated his life to defending it. I am friends with a fair number of Muslims from throughout the years and none of them want sharia law to replace our constitution any more than Christians want Mosaic law to do so.

The thing is, there's a large amount of conservative evangelicals who not only want just that, a christian theocracy, they've been trying to force it on our nation for many years. Goldwater warned the conservatives about them.

These same people have what's called projection down to an art form. They project their actions and beliefs on everyone else. They want to work for a christian theocracy here in America so they project the same on other religions. So they say those religions what to turn America into an islamic theocracy.

It doesn't matter that our constitution clearly prohibits either religion from doing that.

Propaganda is a very effective political and manipulative tool which is why it's been used for so many centuries.
And there's really a lot of them who want all politicians to swear on the bible....make it a law and all....that's christer sharia all right.

And....

So there you go.

It's about the length of the Book of Mormon and the KJV Bible, IMO.....all three boring as all get out.

from memory only------it is my impression that it is much shorter
then the KJV bible OT------and also shorter than the NT. The bible
has some stories----especially the OT------It is actual literature.
(as is the Bhagavad Gita ) The Koran is---according to muslims who
read it in Arabic---FINE POETRY-----but in English-----it is not poetic----
and does not seem to have any literary value at all

If she had bothered to educate herself she’d know Jefferson got that Quran to study the enemy and kick their asses.

#shoresodtripoli
Horseshit. Utter horseshit.

Unlike you tards who claim to know all about Islam, Jefferson actually read the Quran and understood that religion better than all you millions of idiots combined.

Even if your idiotic claim were true, which it isn't, it would make the use of Jefferson's Quran for the congresswoman all the more poetic.

But...the moron in this picture is you, dipshit.

Thomas Jefferson and the long history of defending Muslims’ rights

Amendment I (Religion): Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography

The bill for establishing religious freedom, the principles of which had, to a certain degree, been enacted before, I had drawn in all the latitude of reason and right. It still met with opposition; but, with some mutilations in the preamble, it was finally passed; and a singular proposition proved that its protection of opinion was meant to be universal. Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed, by inserting the word "Jesus Christ," so that it should read, "a departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by a great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan, the Hindoo, and Infidel of every denomination.

Our Founders were far better educated and rational than you, dumbass.

Not only that but Jefferson bought that koran when he was a law student. Way before he was one of the founders of our nation and before he was president.

Those people just throw out the most ridiculous things with no real proof. Or any proof at all.

It's just insulting that they think we're stupid enough to believe their lame lies and won't do any research on our own.

I'm always amazed that people like you can make it through life while being so clueless. Unless you're a carpet kisser. Is that it?
I accept your surrender on this topic. :itsok: (since you abandoned it to go to unrelated personal attacks)
You’re too stupid to reason with. Now go kiss your camel.
You only need to surrender to me once.....I've already accepted it. But if you want to grovel to me some more, that's your choice.
Your concession is duly noted. Thanks for playing.
And you can't even be original......:71: "E" for effort, tho.
No wonder you're at 120k posts with nothing but nonsense. Get a life.

If she had bothered to educate herself she’d know Jefferson got that Quran to study the enemy and kick their asses.

#shoresodtripoli

The above MORON, gets his "facts" from his toilet bowl.....

Historians have attributed the third president’s ownership of the Muslim holy book to his curiosity about a variety of religious perspectives. It’s appropriate to view it that way. Jefferson bought this book while he was a young man studying law, and he may have read it in part to better understand Islam’s influence on some of the world’s legal systems.

But that obscures a crucial fact: To many living in Jefferson’s young nation, this book meant much more. Some scholars estimate 20 percent of the enslaved men and women brought to the Americas were Muslims.

Why Thomas Jefferson Owned a Qur’an | At the Smithsonian | Smithsonian

Thomas Jefferson went to college when he was 16 years old. In 1758. He passed the Virginia bar in 1767. He was 25 years old. This was 9 years before he wrote the Declaration of Independence.

He bought that book when he was studying law. There was no United States of America at the time. We were the 13 colonies. A British christian theocratic monarchy. It would make sense that he would learn about other theocratic law. He became president in 1801. Which is roughly 30 something years after he bought that koran.

I guess conservatives know nothing about historic fact, logic and honesty. Or even basic math.

I'm going to be real here. I am concerned about Muslims, and I do fear them. I know I'm not supposed to say it, and that it makes me an Islamophobe, but that is how I feel. I know only a small portion believe killing women and children gets them to heaven, but it concerns me that while many wouldn't blow people up, they also don't have a problem with those that do. I have seen polls where many Muslims don't really have a problem with bombings. It also concerns me that their doesn't seem to be any desire to assimilate, and that they want to bring Sharia Law to their communities. Sympathy for terror and Sharia over assimilation seem like real problems to me, and it has me worried. I know democrats love Islam, but I'm not sure I understand why.

Muslims crashed jumbo jets into the World Trade Centre. We should deport them all.

I think he's trolling, I'm not sure. Anyway as a conservative I disagree with that sentiment--we should not "deport all Muslims". However I am extremely unhappy with the Pakistani Muslim Congresswoman who called our sitting President a M***** F**** last night. Uncalled for, I don't care who the president is...and wholly unclassy.
Not only that, but she had just spoke of children when she used that type of deplorable speak in the same context being spoken by her.

Leftists love to do that, don't they? As if they're teaching their children big political lessons all the time. Ridiculous.

I think he's trolling, I'm not sure. Anyway as a conservative I disagree with that sentiment--we should not "deport all Muslims". However I am extremely unhappy with the Pakistani Muslim Congresswoman who called our sitting President a M***** F**** last night. Uncalled for, I don't care who the president is...and wholly unclassy.
Not only that, but she had just spoke of children when she used that type of deplorable speak in the same context being spoken by her.

Leftists love to do that, don't they? As if they're teaching their children big political lessons all the time. Ridiculous.

did Omar have her hand on the Koran when she yelled out
"MOTHER-FUCKER"??. For those who do not know----do not
let that cute Hijab fool you.. Out of the mouths of the Hijabed and
even the Niqabed come some really intense vulgarities-----usually in Arabic.
I cannot list those that I know because I once got banned for it

I'm going to be real here. I am concerned about Muslims, and I do fear them. I know I'm not supposed to say it, and that it makes me an Islamophobe, but that is how I feel. I know only a small portion believe killing women and children gets them to heaven, but it concerns me that while many wouldn't blow people up, they also don't have a problem with those that do. I have seen polls where many Muslims don't really have a problem with bombings. It also concerns me that their doesn't seem to be any desire to assimilate, and that they want to bring Sharia Law to their communities. Sympathy for terror and Sharia over assimilation seem like real problems to me, and it has me worried. I know democrats love Islam, but I'm not sure I understand why.

On the same Tucker Carlson show referenced in this thread, Carlson said that we MUST begin to speak uncomfortable truths so the mobs no longer have power over us. I couldn't agree more. So here it is.

Speaking statistical truth does not make you an "Islamophobe". Statistically, what you say is true. It just is. Only a teeny tiny minority would actually commit terror acts. Only a very small minority condone such acts. But when you start asking about how to treat homosexuals, how to treat apostates, whether a Western nation should enact Sharia law--the stats are really alarming.

I still am very careful NOT to judge individual Muslims by this metric, because I am a conservative and therefore, very much about individualism and individual rights. If you look at Muslims in the aggregate these are what the stats say; it does not speak at all to individuals who are Muslim. So I do not judge them individually.

As to your comment on Democrats and their hypocrisy: this is what REALLY gets my goat. It is one thing to have your religious and ideological viewpoints and hold to them. It is another to be an outright, flagrant hypocrite--and Leftists are. They wring their hands about the "pay gap" and other feminists "atrocities" but turn a blind eye to ALL the oppressions in radical Islam. All this while they attack Christianity left, right and center. Blatant hypocrites, and for that I am harder on them for their stance on Islam than I am actual Muslims.

It calmed the Muslims down and they stopped raiding America.

Its true......Prior to Jefferson's actions, there were a lot of pirate cruise tours of Muslims, sailing across the ocean and "raiding" America.....all the way to Ohio......

(above, an example of a Trump cultist "intelligentsia".....LOL)

#shoresodtripoli

The hate just oozes from every part of your being. It allows you to post such ridiculous statements as the one above. Without any sort of proof. Islam wasn't hated in those times nor was any American paranoid of the religion. You just make up ridiculous lies and expect people to be stupid enough to believe it.

He bought the book years before he became president. When he was studying law. Which as the Smithsonian states, is appropriate since islam bases most of their laws on the koran.

You people will use any lie no matter how ridiculous they are and easy they are to refute. The woman used Jefferson's koran. Jefferson, the man who wrote the Declaration of Independence that started our war for freedom from England, one of our founding fathers and one of our presidents had a koran. She was the second House of Reps in our lifetime to use it to be sworn into office. Get over it. Stop lying.

Here's the real truth:

Why Thomas Jefferson Owned a Qur’an | At the Smithsonian | Smithsonian

Two hundred and three years ago this month, President James Madison approved the act of Congress purchasing Thomas Jefferson’s private library. Intended to restock the Library of Congress after its previous holdings were destroyed by British arson during the War of 1812, the transfer of books from Monticello to Washington also highlights a forgotten aspect of religious diversity in early America.

Among the 6,487 books that soon traveled north, Jefferson’s 1734 edition of the Qur’an is perhaps the most surprising.

Historians have attributed the third president’s ownership of the Muslim holy book to his curiosity about a variety of religious perspectives. It’s appropriate to view it that way. Jefferson bought this book while he was a young man studying law, and he may have read it in part to better understand Islam’s influence on some of the world’s legal systems.

But that obscures a crucial fact: To many living in Jefferson’s young nation, this book meant much more. Some scholars estimate 20 percent of the enslaved men and women brought to the Americas were Muslims. While today these American followers of the Prophet Muhammad have been largely forgotten, the presence of Islam in the United States was not unknown among the nation’s citizens in the 18th and 19th centuries. Often practiced in secret, reluctantly abandoned, or blended with other traditions, these first attempts ultimately did not survive slavery. But the mere existence of Islam in the early republic is evidence that religious diversity in this country has a deeper and more complex history than many now know.

Read more: Why Thomas Jefferson Owned a Qur’an | At the Smithsonian | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter
Ok, now with all that said, why isn't she or others using the Bible that is honored and a traditional thing here in America when taking oath of office as an American ??

I mean here we have had for ever in this country a time honored tradition of Americans taking the oath on the Holy Bible. Is this a rejection of the many American traditions by these people, otherwise of our culture, our religions, our way of life here, our stand on values and purpose here ??

Just recently we have had people coming over here, and who are of a certain culture being raised here, deciding that they don't like or believe in what we here in America have believed in forever now, and worse they are openly cursing our leadership (recently), and possibly standing by silently while those of an Islamic Muslim faith were actually killing Americans all across the world ??? And shockingly they are killing us here now ????

Now before you get stupid, I ain't talking about their race or color as a people, so don't even go there.

I find the whole thing otherwise highly suspect if you ask me, and I think that our government ought to quickly move to create legislation that protects our time honored traditions that make us who we are as Americans in this nation, and to make sure that those coming here to join us also want to become Americans by showing us proof of that fact.

How can we accuse anyone of treason or being traitors to this nation, if we allow open anti-Americanism to rise up in our American nation unchallenged ???

The mocking and desecration of our flag, our time honored traditions, our culture, and our laws is getting to be a common thing in this country, so why is this ??? One just has to wonder now.

I have no problem with anyone of any race and/or culture coming here or being here, just as long as when they come here to become American, then that is exactly where their loyalties lay. Not saying that they should give up their time honored traditions, but when it comes to seeking power in America, then they must show that they are truly loyal Americans with no problem with anything American. Maybe they should take the oath of office on the American Bible in order to show themselves as honorable in that way, and then take a second oath on their own Bible that says they will practice their faith peacefully along side of the Christian faith so help them God and Allah ???

It will be a sad, sad day in America, if we are electing a possible undermining force into our governing body now.

Ya, when we should be electing white facists so they can do it.
Got something against white people ??? I mean you can call white people anything you want, but that don't make it so. The question to me is why do you openly hate white people ???

And there's really a lot of them who want all politicians to swear on the bible....make it a law and all....that's christer sharia all right.
Who want ?????? That has been the time honored tradition here for centuries now. Of course you knew that, but hoping for some new recruits eh ??

Forum List

Back