🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Most Palestinians Prefer Israel To A Palestinian State

My hope is that support for Hezbollah will slowly fall, and that eventually both Assad and Nasserallah with fall too.

Assad I think will be gone this year, and let's see who replaces him - it may well be a moderate. If a moderate rules Syria, support for Hezbollah from Syria would be cut off....so there is hope!

Moderate?

:lol:

You're optimistic, though. That's good.

Wish I had it in me

What is going to happen in Syria? We don't know.

Will they dump the Palestinians and move toward Israel? Unless there is a US installed dictator, I don't see that happening. Will they dump Hamas? Maybe, maybe not. If they do they will probably still support Palestine only following a different path.

Will a new government support Hezbollah? Here again we don't know. There will still be a lot of people in Syria who will but will the government crack down or turn a blind eye?

Mubarak fell.

did it stop the bloodshed in Egypt?

You tell me.

:eusa_shifty:

Moderate?

:lol:

You're optimistic, though. That's good.

Wish I had it in me

Will they dump the Palestinians and move toward Israel? Unless there is a US installed dictator, I don't see that happening. Will they dump Hamas? Maybe, maybe not. If they do they will probably still support Palestine only following a different path.

Will a new government support Hezbollah? Here again we don't know. There will still be a lot of people in Syria who will but will the government crack down or turn a blind eye?

Mubarak fell.

You tell me.

Mubarak needed to go.

The US is still trying to maintain control through the military. As long as it does there will be problems there. So, it is up to the US.

My hope is that support for Hezbollah will slowly fall, and that eventually both Assad and Nasserallah with fall too.

Assad I think will be gone this year, and let's see who replaces him - it may well be a moderate. If a moderate rules Syria, support for Hezbollah from Syria would be cut off....so there is hope!

I'm not so sure Assad will fall quickly. If he does the aftermath is likely to see increased radicalization and the slaughter/exodus of religious minorities in Syria. Hezbollah relies mainly on Iran.

Mubarak fell.

You tell me.

Mubarak needed to go.

The US is still trying to maintain control through the military. As long as it does there will be problems there. So, it is up to the US.

The US needs to understand that they cannot magically control everything or fix everything. It's the MidEast, an entire different kingdom all together.

Only time can tell what will happen

I'm not so sure Assad will fall quickly. If he does the aftermath is likely to see increased radicalization and the slaughter/exodus of religious minorities in Syria. Hezbollah relies mainly on Iran.

That is possible, of course. But in Tunisia, Libya and even Egypt, we've seen regimes installed which are less radical than those they replaced, and I think the bulk of the protestors in Syria want more freedom, more cooperation with the west, and a better standard of living.

Syrians are not naturally wildly extreme anyway, so I'm confident of progress.

Consider the facts. First of all what were Palestinian terrorists doing in Lenbanon in Sabra & Shatila in the first place. And secondly why did the PLO stack these bunkers with weapons & ammunitions found by the Philangists? And let us not forget that while Israel's Kahan Commission protested Israel's involvement, not a single Arab country made any protest. Golly gee, why is that? Boy that's a tough question huh?

Consider the facts. First of all what were Palestinian terrorists doing in Lenbanon in Sabra & Shatila in the first place. And secondly why did the PLO stack these bunkers with weapons & ammunitions found by the Philangists? And let us not forget that while Israel's Kahan Commission protested Israel's involvement, not a single Arab country made any protest. Golly gee, why is that? Boy that's a tough question huh?

]Consider the facts. First of all what were Palestinian terrorists doing in Lenbanon in Sabra & Shatila in the first place.

Israel kicked them out of their homes. They had to go someplace.

Oh now I get it. Israel made the Palestinians refugees. Not the Arab countries. Amazing what we learn here on this board. Please excuse me while I go tell my neighbors what I just learned.

]Consider the facts. First of all what were Palestinian terrorists doing in Lenbanon in Sabra & Shatila in the first place.

Israel kicked them out of their homes. They had to go someplace.

Consider the facts. First of all what were Palestinian terrorists doing in Lenbanon in Sabra & Shatila in the first place.

Um....they lived there. They still live there....and many had lived there since 1970, and some since 1948.

Very few were terrorists - I've never seen anyone suggest otherwise.

Or are you suggesting that when Israel used cluster bombs against apartment buildings around the Green Line, they residents were all Palestinian terrorists?

Oh now I get it. Israel made the Palestinians refugees. Not the Arab countries. Amazing what we learn here on this board. Please excuse me while I go tell my neighbors what I just learned.

That is largely true, yes, of course.

The Palestinian exodus began with the creation of the state of Israel, and then continued through Jordan and Golan as the Palestinians were "moved on" to Lebanon in Black September.

It does sometimes amaze me what you don't know - I doubt you learn anything.

Get serious. As soon as Israel turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here came hoards of Palestinians to claim it is their land.

The Palestinian exodus began with the creation of the state of Israel, and then continued through Jordan and Golan as the Palestinians were "moved on" to Lebanon in Black September.

Get serious. As soon as Israel turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here came hoards of Palestinians to claim it is their land.

As soon as Israel turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis,...

:eusa_liar::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::eusa_liar::cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::lol::eusa_liar::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Saigoon started that thread about the mid-East and I mentioned the historical novel "Exodus" and got a lecture about not making 200 posts to clog up the thread. I was going to go on about Micheners historical novel, "The Covenant" and suggest reading the two books to have a good understanding about how the countrys of Israel and South Africa were formed. It would explain how people turned barren lands into productive lands which caused others to claim ownership and want possession,using the same arguments of today.Also to have an understanding of how apartheid began and why.Then I would go on to explain my interest in the ME. So I realized Saigoon simply wasn't interested in that because he had ulterior motives. And then I thought, "Piss on it." That's where it stands. finito.

Last edited:
Golly gee Tinmore, wasn't it YOU who agreed that when all that is left is to call your adversary names, the issue is over & YOU LOSE? :lol:

:eusa_liar::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::eusa_liar::cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::lol::eusa_liar::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Educate yourself, Tinhead. You know less than nothing about the facts of life.

Golly gee Tinmore, wasn't it YOU who agreed that when all that is left is to call your adversary names, the issue is over & YOU LOSE? :lol:

I'm sorry. It is just that I have heard that load of crap so many times I couldn't help myself.

I believe that what so upset you was my statement --- "As soon as Israel turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here came hoards of Palestinians to claim it is their land." Is that correct?

That is absolute nonsense of course, and I'm sure you don't believe it yourself.

The cities of Jericho, Akko, Jaffa and Jerusalem were thriving trading posts for literally hundreds of years before the First Aliya (1899 - 1901), and with a Jewish population which rarely exceeded 10%. At times, th Jewish population of Israel may have been as low as 2,000 people.

This is a plain, simple historical fact, and arguing otherwise is pointless.

Here is a book I found useful:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Population-Palestine-Statistics-Institute/dp/0231071108]Amazon.com: The Population of Palestine: Population History and Statistics of the Late Ottoman Period and the Mandate (Institute for Palestine Studies Series) (9780231071109): Justin McCarthy: Books[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back