Most Palestinians see fresh peace talks as error

There was a war between Palestine and Jordan? How did Palestine get to be occupied by Jordan, or Egypt for that matter?

'Palestine' was not occupied by Jordan. The West Bank was

'Palestine' was not occupied by Egypt, Gaza was.

If you don't know these facts, you have no business debating here

And not all of Gaza was occupied by Egypt. Some was occupied by Israel. You are being picayune.

A portion of Gaza was partitioned by Israel as the result of winning a war started by arab/moslem aggressors. It was an effective buffer to prevent further wars of conquest by hostile Arabs.

Arabs/moslems have a history of launching wars that leave them only with humiliating losses.

Your lack of knowledge regarding these issues leaves you poorly prepared to post in a public discussion board.

'Palestine' was not occupied by Jordan. The West Bank was

'Palestine' was not occupied by Egypt, Gaza was.

If you don't know these facts, you have no business debating here

And not all of Gaza was occupied by Egypt. Some was occupied by Israel. You are being picayune.

A portion of Gaza was partitioned by Israel as the result of winning a war started by arab/moslem aggressors. It was an effective buffer to prevent further wars of conquest by hostile Arabs.

Arabs/moslems have a history of launching wars that leave them only with humiliating losses.

Your lack of knowledge regarding these issues leaves you poorly prepared to post in a public discussion board.

Yeah, and you probably think that the Arabs lost the 1948 war.:lol::lol::lol::cuckoo:

Yeah, and you probably think that the Arabs lost the 1948 war.:lol::lol::lol::cuckoo:
The Arab/moslem initiated war in 1948 was intended to remove any vestige of the Jewish State of Israel. That failed.

Other than that, Arabs/moslem gave some 1/2 million "Palestinian" arabs the Bums's Rush out of the way as part of their spectacular failure to "drive the Jooooos into the sea".

If you define spectacular failure as a victory, then yes, Arabs/moslems "won" a spectacular failure. Is the preceding an utter contradiction? Yes.

Only in your mind does the absurd make sense.

The Arab/moslem initiated war in 1948 was intended to remove any vestige of the Jewish State of Israel. That failed.

Other than that, Arabs/moslem gave some 1/2 million "Palestinian" arabs the Bums's Rush out of the way as part of their spectacular failure to "drive the Jooooos into the sea".

If you define spectacular failure as a victory, then yes, Arabs/moslems "won" a spectacular failure. Is the preceding an utter contradiction? Yes.

Only in your mind does the absurd make sense.

And Israel wanted to take all of Palestine and failed.

None of them lost any land.

What is your point.

What are you laughing at?? They did lose the war. BIG TIME !!

1948 Arab?Israeli War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Result Israeli victory; Palestinian Arab defeat; Arab League strategic failure

We've been through this MANY times, and each time I win the argument
So if you want to go through t again, no problem, bring it on

Israel came out of the 1948 war with no land. Israel agreed to that when it signed the armistice agreements.

Israel came out of the 1948 war with no land. Israel agreed to that when it signed the armistice agreements.

No land ?? LOL :cuckoo:

How can a country have no land. Not only did they win the war, but they captured more territory

That's another issue , we're talking about the war. I'm just proved your earlier post wrong by providing a link. You provided nothing

How can a country have no land. Not only did they win the war, but they captured more territory

That's another issue , we're talking about the war. I'm just proved your earlier post wrong by providing a link. You provided nothing

You can't just look at the say so, you have to look at the facts.

Article V

1. The Armistice Demarcation Line shall follow the international boundary between the Lebanon and Palestine.

The Avalon Project : Lebanese-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, March 23, 1949

Israel signed the agreement stating that the international border was between Lebanon and Palestine. Before the ink was dry, Israel was saying that was its border.

That is not true.

Article V

1. The Armistice Demarcation Line shall follow the international boundary between the Lebanon and Palestine.

The Avalon Project : Lebanese-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, March 23, 1949

Israel signed the agreement stating that the international border was between Lebanon and Palestine. Before the ink was dry, Israel was saying that was its border.

That is not true.

Are you so totally befuddled. that you completely lose track of what you write from post to post?

Article V

That is not true.

Are you so totally befuddled. that you completely lose track of what you write from post to post?

No.

Article V

That is not true.
I still see nothing that says Israel Had no land. You made that up. As a matter of fact you've never backed that up because it makes no sense to begin with. By the way I backed up all of my claims with links you didn't

Article V

That is not true.
I still see nothing that says Israel Had no land. You made that up. As a matter of fact you've never backed that up because it makes no sense to begin with. By the way I backed up all of my claims with links you didn't

the international border was between Lebanon and Palestine.

I know it is complicated but let me walk you through it. If the border is between Lebanon and Palestine then Lebanon would be on one side and Palestine would be on the other. Are you still with me?

Israel is saying that it is a Lebanon and Israel border. That is not what the agreement it signed says.

Here, this one is simpler.

Article V

(d) In the sector from a point on the Dead Sea (MR 1925-0958) to the southernmost tip of Palestine, the Armistice Demarcation Line shall be determined by existing military positions as surveyed in March 1949 by United Nations observers, and shall run from north to south as delineated on map 1 in annex I to this Agreement.

The Avalon Project : Jordanian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, April 3, 1949

Israel says that is Israel, but that does not match the agreement it signed.

That is not true.

the international border was between Lebanon and Palestine.

I know it is complicated but let me walk you through it. If the border is between Lebanon and Palestine then Lebanon would be on one side and Palestine would be on the other. Are you still with me?

Israel is saying that it is a Lebanon and Israel border. That is not what the agreement it signed says.

Here, this one is simpler.

Article V

(d) In the sector from a point on the Dead Sea (MR 1925-0958) to the southernmost tip of Palestine, the Armistice Demarcation Line shall be determined by existing military positions as surveyed in March 1949 by United Nations observers, and shall run from north to south as delineated on map 1 in annex I to this Agreement.

The Avalon Project : Jordanian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, April 3, 1949

Israel says that is Israel, but that does not match the agreement it signed.

I know it's complicated Tinmore but, you STILL haven't disproved what I said.

What a waste of time you are. How can an internationally recognized country have no 'land' . The land became theres the moment they declared independence, and what you're saying has NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to do with what we are discussing.
You are just showing me the Armistice Agreement and using that as YOUR conclusion to say Israel has no land. The wikipedia article says otherwise.
I'll take the article over the word of an anti - Zionist Israel hater ANY day of the week.

I forgot to mention, you also never backed up your statement that "Israel did not win the 1948 war"

I provided a link, and you provided a song and dance

I forgot to mention, you also never backed up your statement that "Israel did not win the 1948 war"

Preamble

The Parties to the present Agreement, responding to the Security Council resolution of 16 November 1948 calling upon them, as a further provisional measure under Article 40 of the Charter of the United Nations and in order to facilitate the transition from the present truce to permanent peace in Palestine, to negotiate an Armistice; having decided to enter into negotiations under United Nations Chairmanship concerning the implementation of the Security Council resolutions of 4 and 16 November 1948; (2) and having appointed representatives empowered to negotiate and conclude an Armistice Agreement;

The Avalon Project : Egyptian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, February 24, 1949

An armistice was called by UN Security Council resolution. An armistice has no winners or losers.

In addition:

The borders for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, and Palestine remained unchanged from before the war. None of them lost any land.

So, what did Israel win. When the war ended Israel occupied 78% of Palestine.

"...An armistice has no winners or losers..."
When the goal of Side A (Israel) is merely to survive...

When the goal of Side B (Egypt, et al) is to destroy Side A...

And when, after fighting, an Armistice is proposed and agreed upon by both sides...

In which Side A (Israel) achieves its goal (survival)...

In which Side B (Egypt et al) fails to achieve its goal (destruction of Side A)...

Then...

Side A (Israel) is the Winner, and...

Side B (Egypt, et al) is the Loser...

For all practical purposes and by any sane and objective gauge...

In the Real World...

Technicalities and labeling notwithstanding...

Last edited:

Preamble

The Parties to the present Agreement, responding to the Security Council resolution of 16 November 1948 calling upon them, as a further provisional measure under Article 40 of the Charter of the United Nations and in order to facilitate the transition from the present truce to permanent peace in Palestine, to negotiate an Armistice; having decided to enter into negotiations under United Nations Chairmanship concerning the implementation of the Security Council resolutions of 4 and 16 November 1948; (2) and having appointed representatives empowered to negotiate and conclude an Armistice Agreement;

The Avalon Project : Egyptian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, February 24, 1949

An armistice was called by UN Security Council resolution. An armistice has no winners or losers.

In addition:

The borders for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, and Palestine remained unchanged from before the war. None of them lost any land.

How did Israel occupy it's own country ??? That makes no sense. Got a link that says ISrael occupied 78% of Palestine ?

Ya, that's what I thought, just more Arab lies

Preamble

In addition:

When you say Palestine, are you talkingt about the Arab STATE PAlestine, during the time period we are discussing ?

Forum List

Back