Mother of 5-Year-Old Transgender Girl Fights Texas School District Over Bathroom Access

Mother of 5-Year-Old Transgender Girl Fights Texas School District Over Bathroom Access

The mother of a 5-year-old transgender girl in Pearland, Texas, is continuing her fight against the Pearland Independent School District to allow her daughter to use the girls' bathroom.

Kimberly Shappley -- mom of soon-to-be kindergartner, Kai Shappley -- said her fight against the school district started in May. The district allows students to use gender-neutral bathrooms, found in some areas of the school, but the mom says that isn't enough.

"I went to the campus and approached the school district to try and work with them," she told ABC News today. "I wanted to make sure Kai wouldn't be discriminated against and be able to use the girl's bathroom, but it soon became very apparent that the superintendent has a very strong, prejudiced stance against the LGBTQ community."

Coincidentally, later that month, the Obama administration issued a directive to schools saying that transgender students should be able to use bathrooms that match their gender identity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is never going to stop. It is only going to get worse as we can see.

Sounds like Child Abuse to me. A 5 year old kid is likely not developed enough to make a gender redefinition decision. I put this one squarely on the shoulders of the mom who seems a bit nutty from what I've seen of her.

Yeah, the mother of this child once thought exactly like you did...until she heard her child praying to God to take her life rather than to continue to live as a boy.

Do you listen to 5 year Olds for medical and legal advice....Holy shit
If obama tells them to do it, they would do it.

Trust that.

slow-chewing-eating.gif

The mother of a 5-year-old transgender girl in Pearland, Texas, is continuing her fight against the Pearland Independent School District to allow her daughter to use the girls' bathroom.

Kimberly Shappley -- mom of soon-to-be kindergartner, Kai Shappley -- said her fight against the school district started in May. The district allows students to use gender-neutral bathrooms, found in some areas of the school, but the mom says that isn't enough.

"I went to the campus and approached the school district to try and work with them," she told ABC News today. "I wanted to make sure Kai wouldn't be discriminated against and be able to use the girl's bathroom, but it soon became very apparent that the superintendent has a very strong, prejudiced stance against the LGBTQ community."

Coincidentally, later that month, the Obama administration issued a directive to schools saying that transgender students should be able to use bathrooms that match their gender identity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like Child Abuse to me. A 5 year old kid is likely not developed enough to make a gender redefinition decision. I put this one squarely on the shoulders of the mom who seems a bit nutty from what I've seen of her.

Yeah, the mother of this child once thought exactly like you did...until she heard her child praying to God to take her life rather than to continue to live as a boy.

Yeah right...

I'm sure a 4-5 year old child was praying to God for just that! *eye roll*

So you don't believe the child's mother, a conservative Christian?

Do you listen to 5 year Olds for medical and legal advice....Holy shit

You know, you're right. What do doctors recommend?

Yeah right...

Fucking moron.

If I claim I am a fucking tiger......

Oh fuck you

ROFLMAO....a five year old? HAHAHAHAHAHA You daffy loons

Yeah right...

Fucking moron.

Oh fuck you

So you don't believe that the mother is a conservative Christian?

Yeah right...

Fucking moron.

Oh fuck you

So you don't believe that the mother is a conservative Christian?

5 years old? transgender?

Uh, that is the DEFINITION of sexual abuse.

When I was 5 I insisted I was one of the Mercury astronauts.
When I was 5, I thought I was a bird. I strapped cardboard wings to my arms and climbed on the roof. My parents were bigots though. They made me take off my wings and forced me to "accept I was human". Assholes. I've been conflicted ever since. I was definitely old enough to know I am a bird and not human.

:lmao:

I love this "fighting for" stuff. She got a gun and boxing gloves and crawls on her belly through concertina wire doing hand to hand combat with a bayonet clenched in her teeth against all odds facing certain death and unstoppable relentless forces? OR, more likely, she was an obnoxious self righteous jerk that made such a pest of herself people couldn't deal with it any more, and acquiesced. Drama queen.

Last edited:
People don't FIGHT for anything anymore, they whine and complain and use mockery and split hairs and get pseudo intellectuals and lawyers to back them up. They don't FIGHT, they hide behind layers of rhetoric and push. And it doesn't make them right. I am tired of the games.

Imagine the pain of changing one's name!

For that reason, in a truly liberal America, children must be allowed to have only ambiguous names or at least names that could be slightly twisted to match the gender-du-jour - and that could be done by a simple Executive Order:

Examples:
Shirley (ambig)
Leslie (ambig)
William - Willa
Samuel - Samantha (shorten to "Sam")
Dakota (ambig)
Charlie (ambig)
Frank - Frankie
Jessie (ambig)
Casey (ambig)
Jody (ambig)
Kerry (ambig)
Kelly-Kelley
Harley (ambig)
Hillary (ambig)
Jake (ambig - changes with phase of the moon)

can it resist the bait?

5 years old? transgender?

Uh, that is the DEFINITION of sexual abuse.

Totally agree! I think this is yet another clear example of a mentally unstable parent projecting their own (perverse) will onto a developing child.

Forum List

Back