Mother of murdered Chicago boy, 9, fuels outrage after buying new car

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth

"The mother of a murdered 9-year-old Chicago boy is fighting back against accusations that she used online donations meant for her son’s burial to purchase a new car.

Karla Lee, 26, admitted using the money donated through GoFundMe to buy the car, but said her son would have wanted her to be safe and a car helps, Fox32 reported Saturday.

Lee purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200, WLS-TV reported Sunday. "

Karla Lee, your son was just murdered and the public is with you, what are you going to do now?

I'm going to buy a new car!

:/

Well at least she can drive his body to the grave site. And maybe she's so poor she needed the car?

If she'd said she needed a car I'm sure the public woulda gotten her one. But when she sets up a gofundme thing for a funeral, then uses the money to buy a car it tends to irk people.

She strictly should have used it for the funeral, but when you donate money to someone, you must do so knowing the money could be used for something else.
Same thing when you give someone holding a sign on a street corner your money. It's now their's and they're free to buy alcohol, cigarettes or whatever they choose.

"The mother of a murdered 9-year-old Chicago boy is fighting back against accusations that she used online donations meant for her son’s burial to purchase a new car.

Karla Lee, 26, admitted using the money donated through GoFundMe to buy the car, but said her son would have wanted her to be safe and a car helps, Fox32 reported Saturday.

Lee purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200, WLS-TV reported Sunday. "

Karla Lee, your son was just murdered and the public is with you, what are you going to do now?

I'm going to buy a new car!

:/

What an absolutely racist post!

How can you possibly castigate this poor, grieving mother for seeking some solace in a new car?

Shame on you. Showing your true colors?

My feelings are mixed.

Yes, if you ask for donations you should use that money as you said you would.

On the other hand, if she got 20k, probably more money than she has every had in her life it would be dumb to spend that much on a funeral and a car, especially a good car that could provide reliable transportation for a long time would be a better use of hte money.

On the other hand, if she only had enough for the initial payment(s)?

Then this becomes a cautionary tale of the handicap of being stupid with money.

I have actually seen this before with an inlaw. Someone gets a windfall and "buys" a large ticket item, but now has a monthly payment they cannot normally make with their regular income.

So they end up worse than before, with no money and more debt then they could normally have even been eligible for.

Typical ghetto behavior I don't know why the outrage.

Roll through a housing project. You know....the ones we pay for. And the ones who our tax dollars fill with free food and welfare. And see all the 2015 cars with rims and 60 inch TVs and $190 LeBron James sneakers.

You libs are being duped.

Forum List

Back