Motorcycle Asthetics

Wish I had an old Shovelhead. Nothing else sounds like it.
1602380028263.png

Everyone I know who had a BMW learned to hate it.
They break down and are expensive to repair.
But they do look good.

Owned 5 over 20 years. None ever broke down, ever. I changed a clutch once in a R50/5 1973, wasn't expensive at all, maybe $70 around 1975. Pic is a stock pic, yeah a 75 not a 50 but all was the same except slugs and jugs. Now that's beauty! I also loved everyone of them so now you met someone "didn't hate them and too expensive"

Now I admit some mechanical skills and tools to match. One prob beemers and I only ran airheads but all. Try to buy a BMW special tool. Like the set of 3 to release pressure on the pressure plate, special socket for swingarm.... You can't get them. You have to graduate a BMW motorcycle school and be certified. No sweat, I made all tools for about $15
maxresdefault.jpg

I promise it handles like shit.
You can get a nice looking bike that handles,why would you buy something thats a death trap at speed?
Had a guy at work who bought a beautiful Harley!!!
It was barely ridable,but it was pretty.
Why wouldnt that bike handle good?
You've probably already seen this. Handling myth shattered.

Never saw the front end.
All you need to do is look at the super bikes.

Everyone I know who had a BMW learned to hate it.
They break down and are expensive to repair.
But they do look good.

Owned 5 over 20 years. None ever broke down, ever. I changed a clutch once in a R50/5 1973, wasn't expensive at all, maybe $70 around 1975. Pic is a stock pic, yeah a 75 not a 50 but all was the same except slugs and jugs. Now that's beauty! I also loved everyone of them so now you met someone "didn't hate them and too expensive"

Now I admit some mechanical skills and tools to match. One prob beemers and I only ran airheads but all. Try to buy a BMW special tool. Like the set of 3 to release pressure on the pressure plate, special socket for swingarm.... You can't get them. You have to graduate a BMW motorcycle school and be certified. No sweat, I made all tools for about $15
maxresdefault.jpg
Classic beemer.

Classic beemer.

They all are. I can get my 1977 R100RS back (rensport autoban model) if I take a trailer to N calif. Needs a ground up though, been stored but needs MUCH
I love the old beemers and the new ones. I’ve owned several motorcycles, but never a bmw. I’d love to get one, but fear I’m too old now. Plus the wive says she’d never get on it. I might get one just for Sunday morning rides.

I love the old beemers and the new ones. I’ve owned several motorcycles, but never a bmw. I’d love to get one, but fear I’m too old now. Plus the wive says she’d never get on it. I might get one just for Sunday morning rides.

I have owned many motorci and have LOVED every BMW, can't say that about the others. Take that Japanese reverse engineering, the cost of replacing anything electric or electronic goes and try to figure it out.

Like Beemers, find any old slash 5 airhead. They are built, many parts are car parts or similar, /5 starter is a renault starter for example. Clutch is a car clutch and pressure plate, not a basket of plates and oil etc. Try one Gip. Wanna change a r50/5 to a 600 or 750? Get a milk jug, sit on it, bike on center stand and do it. Put on the 750 jugs and slugs you got a 750. The newer r900 is nothing but a slash 5 with 900 jugs. They did have a crankcase over pressure prob going 900 but then did a crankcase pressure release. By the time 1000 and r100rs the case was different.

So what if she won't ride, you ride it. I feel too old too (66 in a month) but an 1hr putt occasionally on a Beemer is "different"

Stock photo my R100Rs. Rensport, autobahn model. Changes to that were dual discs, bigger Mik carbs etc. Was a great bike, although for putts prefer a plain /5

1602612893133.jpeg

MC esthetics? Well as you know I love Beemers. The classics of ALL makes. Yeah even the ricers. Used to love the 500 tripple Kawi, talk scream? When that 2 stroker came on the pipe better hang on. Spec wise the 750 trip showed better but everyone knew the 500 was it. Then the 900 Z1. Yes. Nice. Know it was a war with bikes and BMW usually predominated until the 900Z1

Also the brits. Prince of darkness electrics aside, those are bikes!!!! Missed a 1972 Norton Combat commando by $200, I was close not close enough.

Triumph Bonneville. Now that's nice.
E59EC23E-FC13-4EDC-8767-B0F8C7F3E567.jpg

This is the one Norton
72Norton-Commando-ylo-L.jpg
I missed by $200.

The Warrior was (is) a cool bike. I never understood why every bastard who bought one immediately replaced the exhaust, which I thought looked pretty cool, although not loud.

As for Japanese cruisers, they are fine. They are balanced, comfortable, reliable, and powerful. I've had a couple Kawasaki Nomads, a Vaquero, and one of those 2000's. All were great bikes, and with aftermarket exhaust sounded great.

I replaced my exhaust with the Yamaha performance pipe.
Sounds great!
I got a vance and Hines short stack and an after market cam. My wideglide hits like a 67 Chevelle.
Woom woom woom. Makes the girls panties drop bro
Put mine on the tender last week. I suffer.

Forum List

Back