Movies You Have Enjoyed

I have so many favorites! Smile Smile Smile

The Kid, City Slickers 1 & 2, Lethal Weapon 1 & 2, Con Air, Snake Eyes, Gone In 60 Seconds, Face/Off, Phenomenon, John Q, Air Force One, The Fugitive, U.S. Marshals, Double Jeopardy, The Negotiator, Armageddon, and Frequency

The only way I will see a chick flick is if there is comedy in it. The only three that I like any are Step Mom, Runaway Bride and Where The Heart Is and my most favorite Christmas film is Ernest Saves Christmas, may Jim Varney rest in peace!

My most favorite films from my childhood are Little Big League, Angels In The Outfield, Rookie Of The Year, Baby's Day Out, The Little Rascals, and because I am a day one fan of them, every film that Mary-Kate & Ashley made. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)
Holly

P.S. My five most favorite trilogies are The Karate Kid, Toy Story, The Santa Clause, Back To The Future, and The Mighty Ducks, and if I have to watch a chick flick, Runaway Bride, Step Mom, and Where The Heart Is are the best ones in my opinion that I have seen.

Did you ever check out John Travolta in Michael?

Just curious

I would warn you, it's mighty crude. He's not that kind of angel

I had completely forgotten about frequency - Highly underrated movie. Gonna have to dig that one out and watch it this week

Last edited:
I didn't see a section for movies that members enjoyed, so here one is, and if one is already started, sorry I missed seeing it. :)

Saw the movie "42" recently. Tho I am not a big baseball fan, I really enjoyed this movie about Jackie Robinson, who was the first African American to play in American Major League Baseball.

The movie didn't just deal with baseball, it had a human interest side that was very moving, interesting and funny in parts too. At the end of the movie, the audience clapped. I highly recommend seeing it...a really entertaining movie. One of those movies that leave a good feeling afterwards.
Baseketball is the greatest movie ever made and here is how it starts...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-QAF8gLy0]BASEketball Opening Scene - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't see a section for movies that members enjoyed, so here one is, and if one is already started, sorry I missed seeing it. :)

Saw the movie "42" recently. Tho I am not a big baseball fan, I really enjoyed this movie about Jackie Robinson, who was the first African American to play in American Major League Baseball.

The movie didn't just deal with baseball, it had a human interest side that was very moving, interesting and funny in parts too. At the end of the movie, the audience clapped. I highly recommend seeing it...a really entertaining movie. One of those movies that leave a good feeling afterwards.

42 was a very good movie. I think it will replace Field of Dream as my pre baseball season movie.

Here's a little more...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xiOEPA7Fms]Funny scenes From BASEketball - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSSzTA5Z90]BASEketball (1/11) Movie CLIP - Shutting Off the Gas (1998) HD - YouTube[/ame]

The Princess Bride
Blazing Saddles
Quest for the Holy Grail

All great movies, but what sets them apart is all the lines that I can quote from there that are so so cool

I haven't seen "The Princess Bride",, Two Thumbs, so looked it up, and the first comments I saw were from a viewer that talked about all the quotes in the movie that the person could remember. It reminded me of your post...wondered if that was you. :)

Blazing Saddles always reminds me of the campfire scene.:lol: and the "Just A Scratch" was hilarious in the Quest For The Holy Grail. :lol:

I have so many favorites! :) :) :)

The Kid, City Slickers 1 & 2, Lethal Weapon 1 & 2, Con Air, Snake Eyes, Gone In 60 Seconds, Face/Off, Phenomenon, John Q, Air Force One, The Fugitive, U.S. Marshals, Double Jeopardy, The Negotiator, Armageddon, and Frequency

The only way I will see a chick flick is if there is comedy in it. The only three that I like any are Step Mom, Runaway Bride and Where The Heart Is and my most favorite Christmas film is Ernest Saves Christmas, may Jim Varney rest in peace!

My most favorite films from my childhood are Little Big League, Angels In The Outfield, Rookie Of The Year, Baby's Day Out, The Little Rascals, and because I am a day one fan of them, every film that Mary-Kate & Ashley made. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. My five most favorite trilogies are The Karate Kid, Toy Story, The Santa Clause, Back To The Future, and The Mighty Ducks.

You do have alot of favorites, Holly, and I've seen many of them and liked them. I thought Ernest was so funny, but my family thinks I'm nuts, so they don't share my humor. :) Thanks for the shares....Good list!! :)

I'm watching The Boy In The Striped Pajamas (second time I have seen it) and it never fails to amuse and horrify me at the same time. Talk about emotions battling in my head and heart. The end...horrifying. But at the same time..wicked justice which caused the amusement...if that is the correct term for it. And it isn't but I can't think of another term to use.

Anyone here see it?

I did see that movie, Gracie, and felt the same way as you did. It's not a movie you can forget. Such irony in it! Horrifying won out for me....and emotions sure do run in many different directions while watching it. I just knew what was going to happen when he changed his clothes at the fence. Liked reading your thoughts on it. :)

A movie I don't think anyone has mentioned is "What About Bob? Bill Murray plays Bob, a man with many mental issues, and his Psychiatrist is played by Richard Dreyfuss. Bob has had many psychiatrists, and they either quit being psychiatrists because of Bob, or push him off on another unsuspecting psychiatrist.

The unlucky Psychiatrist is Richard Dreyfuss, who is going on vacation, and Bob doesn't feel he can live without the psychiatrist, so he tries to find out where the Dr and his family are going. He finally went to the physicians service office, and said he was a Dr, and got the location of the vacation home, so he takes his little goldfish in a jar with him, hanging from his neck. He loved his goldfish. :)

The rest of the show, is all the things he does to be a part of their family, and is driving the psychiatrist nutty, and all the things the Dr does to try and get rid of him. Bill Murray really took his part well. He was Hilarious! lol Has anyone seen it...and if so did you like it?

Last edited:
Some movies that I have enjoyed:

All of the Star Wars movies so far,

Raiders of the Lost Arc and the other Indiana Jones movies,

The Matrix trilogy,

The Avengers,

Blade,

Alien series

A movie I don't think anyone has mentioned is "What About Bob? Bill Murray plays Bob, a man with many mental issues, and his Psychiatrist is played by Richard Dreyfuss. Bob has had many psychiatrists, and they either quit being psychiatrists because of Bob, or push him off on another unsuspecting psychiatrist.

The unlucky Psychiatrist is Richard Dreyfuss, who is going on vacation, and Bob doesn't feel he can live without the psychiatrist, so he tries to find out where the Dr and his family are going. He finally went to the physicians service office, and said he was a Dr, and got the location of the vacation home, so he takes his little goldfish in a jar with him, hanging from his neck. He loved his goldfish. :)

The rest of the show, is all the things he does to be a part of their family, and is driving the psychiatrist nutty, and all the things the Dr does to try and get rid of him. Bill Murray really took his part well. He was Hilarious! lol Has anyone seen it...and if so did you like it?

Yea I saw it, it was funny. So was another Bill Murray film, Caddyshack.

On a different track. One film I could watch several times is, "Van Helsing".

Jaws - Is there a better scene in any movie than when Quint gives his recollection of the sinking of the Indianapolis?

1100 men went in the water 316 came out, the sharks took the rest. June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nrvMNf-HEg&feature=player_detailpage]Jaws The Indianapolis Speech - YouTube[/ame]

EDITED TO ADD: Who does not shiver when they hear those words?????

Last edited:

Baseketball is the greatest movie ever made and here is how it starts...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-QAF8gLy0]BASEketball Opening Scene - YouTube[/ame]

First time I had heard of this movie, Loinboy.:lol: Looks like a crazy, funny movie. :lol:
Looked it up and one viewer said he watched it 25 times and another has watched if over 50times. Thanks for sharing the video about it. I might watch it once. :) OOPS.....just saw more of the video's....think I'll pass on it. lol

Last edited:

42 was a very good movie. I think it will replace Field of Dream as my pre baseball season movie.

I enjoyed it more than Field Of Dreams too, Pop. It's was #1 for quite awhile. The other day in our newspaper, there was a local article about the movie, and the daughter of the pitcher who hit Jackie in the head with the baseball, said that never happened, that it hit his hand when he was trying to keep from getting hit with the ball. Some difference. :) She said her dad was a good man, and that the movie wasn't all true about her dad.

I enjoyed it more than Field Of Dreams too, Pop. It's was #1 for quite awhile. The other day in our newspaper, there was a local article about the movie, and the daughter of the pitcher who hit Jackie in the head with the baseball, said that never happened, that it hit his hand when he was trying to keep from getting hit with the ball. Some difference. :) She said her dad was a good man, and that the movie wasn't all true about her dad.

Might not have been true, but you have to admit, it REALLY added to the movie.

That was my fav part of the movie, Pop. The story he told about the sharks and him and his crew in the water.

Second favorite part was "We need a bigger boat".

That was my fav part of the movie, Pop. The story he told about the sharks and him and his crew in the water.

Second favorite part was "We need a bigger boat".

Have you seen the special on the making of Jaws?

The actor that plated Quint was drunk when they shot that scene. When you think about it, it probably added to it.

I swear I would pay 10 bucks to watch that scene over and over on the big screen!

Seven Days in Utopia was one I saw recently that was pretty good, although be warned it does have a Christian theme to it.

Immie

Last really good movie I saw was Silver Linings Playbook. Reminded me of the old madcap comedies with Gable, Cary Crant, Irene Dunn, Katherine Hepburn.

Netflix picks

Drive

[ame=http://youtu.be/sr1NMzPVCSA]Drive - Motel Scene (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/-SVfEuUTufU]Drive - Elevator Scene (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Blue Valentine

[ame=http://youtu.be/3oiY7W7nDeE]'Blue Valentine' Trailer HD - YouTube[/ame]

All Good Things

[ame=http://youtu.be/B7_VwoZKPRM]All Good Things - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back